Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263387 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by COOL10(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
sotall:
I wonder why you think he wants to cheat you.
What you have to do is note what you are giving the engineer. Use a permanent marker to sign on your hard drive, ram, screen, ROM, battery and motherboard. Tell him the problem negotiate and conclude on what you are paying him. when he is done, wipe your signature off with thinner.
. Trust me,the permanent marker suggestion got me laughing. Anyways thanks 4 everything.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
pls what cud make one side of my speaker not play den after some times it will now play

hp pavilion G6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
BROWN105:
It was functioning properly when I shut it down. But few hours later, I on-ed it to discover that those keys are not working again; similarly, whenever I put it to sleep mode, it automatically wakes up immediately.

If your system is waking up immediately you attempt to put it to sleep, it's either:

* There's a program that is preventing the system from sleeping (but if this the case, system should prompt and inform you)

* There's a key or two that is stuck on your keyboard.

Since we know some keys are non functional, then we can say those are the culprits. Do this: get an old toothbrush, and use it to clean (dust out your keyboard) pls don't use any other thing aside from t toothbrush. The problem could be dust particles o debris. If you've got access to compressed air, you can make use of that.

If the problem persists, you'll need to change your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello nairalanders.
Please how do i adjust brightness settings on windows 10 on my system ,i just upgraded my o.s..i have tried all possible options.. Could it be the driver for video graphics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
henrinity:
Hello nairalanders.
Please how do i adjust brightness settings on windows 10 on my system ,i just upgraded my o.s..i have tried all possible options.. Could it be the driver for video graphics

Go to settings(not control panel) click on display...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Samfilo31:
pls what cud make one side of my speaker not play den after some times it will now play

hp pavilion G6

1. Could be dust

2. A wire might be burnt and losing contact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Go to settings(not control panel) click on display...
i did that, there is no option to adjust the brightness level
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
henrinity:
i did that, there is no option to adjust the brightness level

What laptop make and model do you use
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

What laptop make and model do you use
hp dm4 3009se beat edition
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
henrinity:
hp dm4 3009se beat edition

OK, you know what ? you need to update your drivers... on the system, search for device manager... Open the app and go to the display adapter section... you should see an option for driver software update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

OK, you know what ? you need to update your drivers... on the system, search for device manager... Open the app and go to the display adapter section... you should see an option for driver software update
can we chat on whatsapp 07065382755
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
henrinity:
can we chat on whatsapp 07065382755

Currently unavailable on whatsapp.... here's the only option
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Currently unavailable on whatsapp.... here's the only option
okay, cos i did what you asked, it's still the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2016
henrinity:
Hello nairalanders.
Did u upgrade with a bootable disk?Ensure d o/s is activated?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willjoe: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello computer gurus, PLS how can i increase my Dedicated Video Memory DVM from 0mb on Hp355. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
willjoe:
Hello computer gurus, PLS how can i increase my Dedicated Video Memory DVM from 0mb on Hp355. Thanks.
Download d driver for ur graphics card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sanni45:
Did u upgrade with a bootable disk?Ensure d o/s is activated?
yes i did
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harkhinz: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good day. The Administrator account of my Pc is very slow, I've tried all I could but it will not just work. This problem does not affect my main acc. But its own problem has to the with start menu, search/cortana which is not working. How can I fix this. I'm using window 10.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
guys my frens low end system came wit 120gb hard drive ( just imagine ) he is asking if he can replace de hard drive wit 500gb hard drive if it will run smoothly

de system currently is 2gb ram

help wit ideas pls and de minimum highest hard drive possible or maybe since its hard drive he can replace wit any size
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
henrinity:
yes i did
Just make sure it is activated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willjoe: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sanni45:
Download d driver for ur graphics card
pls hw do i go about that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
willjoe:
pls hw do i go about that.
Get d name of ur graphics card..probably Intel.Go to their website n download d driver.Goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
harkhinz:
Good day. The Administrator account of my Pc is very slow, I've tried all I could but it will not just work. This problem does not affect my main acc. But its own problem has to the with start menu, search/cortana which is not working. How can I fix this. I'm using window 10.
Thanks
I guess you upgraded to windows 10 before this issue started. Not all systems can run windows 10 smoothly. Hence if you upgraded your OS and this issue started, kindly downgrade to 8 or 7.

if your system came with windows 10 and you are having this issue, its high time you get rid of irrelevant apos that runs when your system starts up. The issue can also be caused by POPs which have made changes to the way your system behaves on startup. You can run CC cleaner, Hitman Pro or other cleaning/maware removal apps on your system to get rid of them and boost your booting time.

You can also try a system restore . This will restore your system back to when it was working smoothly. Remember if you use this option, all apps/drivers installed after the restore date will be removed. Your documents and files will remain intact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Samfilo31:
guys my frens low end system came wit 120gb hard drive ( just imagine ) he is asking if he can replace de hard drive wit 500gb hard drive if it will run smoothly

de system currently is 2gb ram

help wit ideas pls and de minimum highest hard drive possible or maybe since its hard drive he can replace wit any size

Hard disk is definitely upgradable to 250GB. 500GB *might* be possible

RAM can go up to 4GB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willjoe: 7:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Sanni45:
Get d name of ur graphics card..probably Intel.Go to their website n download d driver.Goodluck
do i have to uninstall d previous version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2016
willjoe:
do i have to uninstall d previous version
Just update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smilethatcharm(f): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2016
Hello guys, please my cd drive just stopped working this morning. I used it all through yesterday and it worked perfectly and this morning it's not even reading the cd, please what could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2016
smilethatcharm:
Hello guys, please my cd drive just stopped working this morning. I used it all through yesterday and it worked perfectly and this morning it's not even reading the cd, please what could be the cause?
Most likely signs of a weak lens. Try restarting your system and try using it again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smilethatcharm(f): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2016
sotall:

Most likely signs of a weak lens. Try restarting your system and try using it again.
I have done that already, still the same issue. I just hope it's nothing serious. Is there something I can do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2016
smilethatcharm:
I have done that already, still the same issue. I just hope it's nothing serious. Is there something I can do?
What is the make of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smartademu(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi, Please the cap lock key on my PC has stopped functioning. What do I do? (HP Pavilion g6)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smilethatcharm(f): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2016
chuksmad:

What is the make of your laptop?
HP

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.