Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270175 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
smilethatcharm:
I have done that already, still the same issue. I just hope it's nothing serious. Is there something I can do?

First you need to test with another working CD ROM to know if yours has gone bad. If it has, it is advisable you get a new one or a working used-one. You can also decide using an external CD ROM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smilethatcharm(f): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
sotall:

First you need to test with another working CD ROM to know if yours has gone bad. If it has, it is advisable you get a new one or a working used-one. You can also decide using an external CD ROM.
ok, thanks. Will do that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrinity(m): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
smileythanks guys the issue has been resolved with respect to adjusting brightness settings on windows 10. I just had to use a driver pack to update the video graphics adapter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmyk(m): 12:47am On Oct 21, 2016
Hi everyone. I need help here. smiley
My Dell Inspiron 3521 (Windows cool Automatically downloaded some Windows updates two days ago, but ever since then, there has been a little issue.

My Windows Key won't work again, I've tried my best, all to no avail.

I deleted each of the windows updates, nothing happened, I went to Device Manager, Uninstalled the Keyboard, restarted the laptop, but nothing happened.
I booted it into Safe Mood, the key still doesn't work there too. Alt +F4 doesn't work likewise too. It only works when I'm playing Games.

About the windows key, lastly, I restored the system to about 2 weeks, thinking things will be fine, but the Windows Key and Alt +F4 Keys aren't still working (Alt key works individually, likewise F4).

How do I get these keys back working? embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:19am On Oct 21, 2016
Emmyk:
Hi everyone. I need help here. smiley
My Dell Inspiron 3521 (Windows cool Automatically downloaded some Windows updates two days ago, but ever since then, there has been a little issue.

My Windows Key won't work again, I've tried my best, all to no avail.

I deleted each of the windows updates, nothing happened, I went to Device Manager, Uninstalled the Keyboard, restarted the laptop, but nothing happened.
I booted it into Safe Mood, the key still doesn't work there too. Alt +F4 doesn't work likewise too. It only works when I'm playing Games.

About the windows key, lastly, I restored the system to about 2 weeks, thinking things will be fine, but the Windows Key and Alt +F4 Keys aren't still working (Alt key works individually, likewise F4).

How do I get these keys back working? embarassed

It seems you have tried many things to resolve this issue all to no avail.
You can try the keyboard reset option by pressing CTRL + ALT+ Num lock .

If that doesn't work, removing, dusting/blowing and then replacing your keyboard should do the trick. Your keyboard maybe acting up. Don't attempt removing your keyboard if you havnt done it before, you should see an engineer.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmyk(m): 6:52am On Oct 21, 2016
sotall:

If that doesn't work, removing, dusting/blowing and then replacing your keyboard should do the trick. Your keyboard maybe acting up. Don't attempt removing your keyboard if you havnt done it before, you should see an engineer.
Thank you, I tried the key combination, it didn't work.
I'll take it to the Engineer soon and will give you update. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by migeoart(f): 9:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Hello house please I need help! I just got a new PC I noticed there is no sound nd also the CD ROM cant open! please I need a computer engineer to help out thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2016
migeoart:
Hello house please I need help! I just got a new PC I noticed there is no sound nd also the CD ROM cant open! please I need a computer engineer to help out thanks

Are sure d sound as drive... if not try to find driver pack to drive it den if u cant do it whatsapp me on 08139462401 I will help u out...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willjoe: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2016
horllamy:

Are sure d sound as drive... if not try to find driver pack to drive it den if u cant do it whatsapp me on 08139462401 I will help u out...
oga, abeg how i fit increase my Dedicated video memory from 0mb. My PC na class bt ano fit play any game.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2016
willjoe:
oga, abeg how i fit increase my Dedicated video memory from 0mb. My PC na class bt ano fit play any game.

You can't be able to increase dedicated ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2016
willjoe:

You cant be able to increase dedicated video memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holysaint1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
sotall:

Perhaps the only option left for you now is to take ur lappy to any shop where computer accessories are sold and tell then that you want to buy the keyboard of your laptop.. Then use the new keyboard to check it. If everything works fine (however am sure this would solve your problem). Then u know ur former keyboard Is faulty. If not, I will urge you to do an online research and see if anyone has encountered such an issue before.. And how they resolved it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
holysaint1:

Perhaps the only option left for you now is to take ur lappy to any shop where computer accessories are sold and tell then that you want to buy the keyboard of your laptop.. Then use the new keyboard to check it. If everything works fine (however am sure this would solve your problem). Then u know ur former keyboard Is faulty. If not, I will urge you to do an online research and see if anyone has encountered such an issue before.. And how they resolved it.
You quoted the wrong person.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by glounitedfan(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
UK used 2016 Samsung J7 phone for sale. gold colour, 16gb. Dual sim. contact 08107433680
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
smilethatcharm:
Hello guys, please my cd drive just stopped working this morning. I used it all through yesterday and it worked perfectly and this morning it's not even reading the cd, please what could be the cause?

Which OS are you running? Sometimes CD drive issues are actually the result of an erroneous registry entry.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princesuko(m): 3:44am On Oct 22, 2016
My Former Laptop which i abandoned because of battery issue won't power on well with or without battery.

I have tried powering it on with the battery inserted but seems the battery is dead. So, i Connected it to a power outlet without battery it powers on but the screen doesn't show anything then after a minute or two it gives a weird sound like the Fan is trying to start but then the laptop suddenly switches off. I did over and over again with the same thing happening. I want to know if its worth repairing because it was quite expensive when i bought it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:08am On Oct 22, 2016
princesuko:
My Former Laptop which i abandoned because of battery issue won't power on well with or without battery.
I have tried powering it on with the battery inserted but seems the battery is dead. So, i Connected it to a power outlet without battery it powers on but the screen doesn't show anything then after a minute or two it gives a weird sound like the Fan is trying to start but then the laptop suddenly switches off. I did over and over again with the same thing happening. I want to know if its worth repairing because it was quite expensive when i bought it.

This is why I always advice clients to remove battery from their laptop if they are not gonna use it for some.
It can be repaired. Take it to a hardware engineer. if you are in Lagos call 08164685979

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
sotall:

This is why I always advice clients to remove battery from their laptop if they are not gonna use it for some.
It can be repaired. Take it to a hardware engineer. if you are in Lagos call 08164685979

What about laptops with inbuilt batteries?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What about laptops with inbuilt batteries?

inbuilt batteries are connected to motherboard by pin- interphase connectors and they can easily be disconnected by lifting the back casing and removing the wire end of the battery connector.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
sotall:

inbuilt batteries are connected to motherboard by pin- interphase connectors and they can easily be disconnected by lifting the back casing and removing the wire end of the battery connector.

All the wahala to unscrew and remove nko?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

All the wahala to unscrew and remove nko?
I think it is worth it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
sotall:
I think it is worth it.
How much will it cost to change the screen of
my HP 2000 laptop? check your whstsapp, I
have sent you a message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holysaint1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
sotall:
You quoted the wrong person.

oopps.. my bad. so sorry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princekami(m): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2016
Help, my Dell inspirion wen I plug my charger, it shows me "plug in but not charging " how do I fix this or what do I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2016
princekami:
Help, my Dell inspirion wen I plug my charger, it shows me
"plug in but not charging " how do I fix this or what do I do

It is board problem, u av to give it to nearest engineer to work on d board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princekami(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
No, I pray it not ooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
princekami:
Help, my Dell inspirion wen I plug my charger, it shows me
"plug in but not charging " how do I fix this or what do I do
First things first, use another original charger(i recommend using a folow-come charger) to test it. if problem persist, test another battery as well(use a follow-come battery as well). if all these doesnt work, it is ,most likely a board issue. i say this because i encounter this problem on a daily basis especially on Dell laptops. Fortunately, it can be resolved.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by csamii: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
I'm using a HP 630 and for the past two days it has been giving me headache than the actual headache. After putting on and it stays for like 10mins or so, the system hangs. After that, the mouse starts working but still won't be able click on anything. If I don't pull out the battery or hold onto the power button, it will remain like that till the battery is drained. If I pull out the battery or forcefully shut it down, when I put it back on the whole process repeats itself.

What could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
csamii:
I'm using a HP 630 and for the past two days it has been giving me headache than the actual headache. After putting on and it stays for like 10mins or so, the system hangs. After that, the mouse starts working but still won't be able click on anything. If I don't pull out the battery or hold onto the power button, it will remain like that till the battery is drained. If I pull out the battery or forcefully shut it down, when I put it back on the whole process repeats itself.

What could be wrong?
It is most likely hard drive issues or your operating system is having issues. Another culprit maybe a failing RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
csamii:

What could be wrong?

It maybe ur hard disk, try to replace ur hard drive or re-install ur OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tayepee: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
As much as this may look dumb, how do I enter # key on window 8?

Also my laptop auto bright Ness cause my click pad to seize anytime it's brightening and dim occur, how do I shut it off?

Lastly, some keyword mostly don't work and sometimes it does work, what's the solution to this? Thanks house.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gershal(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
please my pc speaker is sounding as if the speaker is torn. What can I do to rectify it. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.