Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,086 members, 7,957,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1333837 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Akell:

Thanks... Nothing heavy. Just documents and other light applications

Then don't go for just any expensive laptop, since you said that you'll be using light applications.

Also put other numerous stuffs into consideration....

For example:
Power - if you won't be close to a constant supply of power, then you should make sure that the system you're getting comes with LED screen (..cause LED screen draws less power than others).
Keyboard Backlight - having a laptop with KB is beneficial if you'll be working at night. Mine don't have one, and it ain't funny typing at night. etc.

I could on and on, but I guess that by now, you've painted the picture that I was trying to paint.

Your laptop can be your biggest frustration, or your best friend.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulahi24hrs: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
[url][/url]HOW TO MAKE ADOBE READER AS FAST AS NOTE PAD | FAST AND FUROUS https://legendclick.com/make-adobe-reader-fast-note-pad-fast-furous/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LeoFish92(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
Luvlydevin:

You need to get original follow come charger

Wow, it could be true, cos I remember this problem wasn't always there, I've been trying to figure out when and why it started....

Another issue I have is that sometimes my touchpad presses by itself, if I'm browsing, the cursor will automatically highlight everything...... Don't know what causes that too, whether it's software or hardware issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Romeo386: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 enterprise and now i my brightness cant be reduced or increased, its constant and too bright. Pls how can i reduce the brightness? Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hhenryy: 6:55am On Aug 11, 2017
please is it normal for the hard disk to be making random low clicking/grinding sounds?

although it's barely audible but If you listen carefully you will hear it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2017
Hhenryy:
please is it normal for the hard disk to be making random low clicking/grinding sounds?

Is not...that sounds shows that the hard disk is going gradually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2017
LeoFish92:

Wow, it could be true, cos I remember this problem wasn't always there, I've been trying to figure out when and why it started....

Another issue I have is that sometimes my touchpad presses by itself, if I'm browsing, the cursor will automatically highlight everything...... Don't know what causes that too, whether it's software or hardware issue
a couple of things are responsible for this, the first culprit here is your charger, try and get a follow come charger first, does your keypad jump when typing, we will start troubleshooting with your charger first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2017
Hhenryy:

start backing your important files, this is a warning from your' hardrive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo386:
I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 enterprise and now i my brightness cant be reduced or increased, its constant and too bright. Pls how can i reduce the brightness? Tanx.
update your VGA drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hhenryy: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2017
Luvlydevin:
start backing your important files, this is a warning from your' hardrive

please whats the cost of 500GB? HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2017
Hhenryy:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hhenryy: 10:46am On Aug 11, 2017
horllamy:

13k? that's too much. please what about 320GB? or less?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Hhenryy:

depends on who is selling the HDD to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 11:48am On Aug 11, 2017
Whenever it happens the screen will not dim at all but if I light a torch to the screen I see it on and still displays. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olorunthobby(f): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please help me.. My dell laptop cannot boot and displays nothing on the screen. Whenever I press the power botton, it gives 4 beep sound. Please I'm confused I don't know what's wrong with my laptop. Someone who knows more about it than I am help me to know what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
olorunthobby:
Please help me.. My dell laptop cannot boot and displays nothing on the screen. Whenever I press the power botton, it gives 4 beep sound. Please I'm confused I don't know what's wrong with my laptop. Someone who knows more about it than I am help me to know what to do.
have you check the ram?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
calculus4life:
Whenever it happens the screen will not dim at all but if I light a torch to the screen I see it on and still displays. Thanks
so as the screen goes of you remove the charger and on the system with the battery and it displays again right
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
The screen light will still be off if the charger is removed until I restart, after the restart It work well on battery. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
ePrive:

Then try doing it with an Installation CD/DVD that correspond with your OS.

But try the instruction once again..it should work
I have tried it with installation cd, but it says option not available for the os or something
when I tried restore.

I'm trying chkdsk on cmd its even taking too long
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
ePrive:

Then try doing it with an Installation CD/DVD that correspond with your OS.

But try the instruction once again..it should work

But try the instruction once again..it should work[/quote]
I have tried it with installation cd, but it says option not available for the os or something
when I tried restore.

I'm trying chkdsk on cmd its even taking too long
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
tshabalala:
Good morning bosses in the house, my dell laptop stopped booting and always hang when dell logo appears. I pressed the fn + f12 key to see this. Help pls

how have you been able to tackle this problem.
I have the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
calculus4life:
The screen light will still be off if the charger is removed until I restart, after the restart It work well on battery. Thanks
Right click the start menu, open power options, when it open
choose when to turn off display, under plugged in
adjust the brightness level towards the lower( that is reduce the value from high to low)
your screen will brighten, do this when you plug your charger to laptop save changes and restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 12:24am On Aug 12, 2017
How much does it cost to change the screen of a new hp Pavillion 15 laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:04am On Aug 12, 2017
damola44:
How much does it cost to change the screen of a new hp Pavillion 15 laptop.

Call or WhatsApp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for the reply I have try that before but I'm thinking I should update the system to window 10 if that will solve the problem currently using window 7 the system has been inspected by an engineer so it's not a hardware problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2017
calculus4life:
Thanks for the reply I have try that before but I'm thinking I should update the system to window 10 if that will solve the problem currently using window 7 the system has been inspected by an engineer so it's not a hardware problem
ok it has to be examined by a professional for proper check, I would advice you to still play around your power setting, you can contact me if you live in benin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by redon12(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2017
I inserted a flash drive into my system immediately my system freeze I tried reviving it to no avail ...
I pulled out they batteries ..
it went off tried to start it up again It doesn't want to boot just a bleeping white light on they cap lock and at they disk side of they system...
I use HP 650 pavilion maxi. running on 2gb RAM with 32 bit processor though it was previously running on 64bit ...
I gave it to a guy who repairs computer to upgrade it to window 7 ultimate
it was previously running on window 7 home premium
that's 64bit processor...

I am losing money I have taken it to same guy to fix they problem .
he told me it was they RAM that was consumed he changed it ..
still no improvement ... no light on they screen

OK he then told me that it was they processor...
am so confused guys help me out..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olorunthobby(f): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
horllamy:
have you check the ram?
Yeah! I checked it, the ram but its still there. I'm so confused
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
olorunthobby:

Yeah! I checked it, the ram but its still there. I'm so confused

If u are in lagos I can help you to fix it call or WhatsApp 08139462401.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
redon12:
I inserted a flash drive into my system immediately my system freeze I tried reviving it to no avail ...
I pulled out they batteries ..
it went off tried to start it up again It doesn't want to boot just a bleeping white light on they cap lock and at they disk side of they system...
I use HP 650 pavilion maxi. running on 2gb RAM with 32 bit processor though it was previously running on 64bit ...
I gave it to a guy who repairs computer to upgrade it to window 7 ultimate
it was previously running on window 7 home premium
that's 64bit processor...

I am losing money I have taken it to same guy to fix they problem .
he told me it was they RAM that was consumed he changed it ..
still no improvement ... no light on they screen

OK he then told me that it was they processor...
am so confused guys help me out..

So, the problem started after you upgraded to window 7 ultimate.

And I hope you're still with the older ram which the guy changed for you.
I'll say....you should format the system.

If you're in Port Harcourt...I'll help you out....for free.

Again...was the flash drive incident the first issue you noticed....after the upgrade ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
ePrive:

So, the problem started after you upgraded to window 7 ultimate.

And I hope you're still with the older ram which the guy changed for you.
I'll say....you should format the system.

If you're in Port Harcourt...I'll help you out....for free.

Again...was the flash drive incident the first issue you noticed....after the upgrade ?

I'm having a very serious issue with my laptop now
And I'm praying the repairer should be able to repair and retrieve all my files in my hard disk

If not, I'll just commit suicide

I can't watch myself losing all the files there which worth so much in my life

The problem is, when I boot it, it will show *Preparing automatic repair* then it will turn to a blank screen and remain like that forever

The repairer just told me now that the HDD has crash and needs formatting , then he later told me to hold on till he checks to see if one software like that he's going to use can retrieve back my files

I'm heart's broken already �
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hhenryy:

13k? that's too much. please what about 320GB? or less?
I have 500GB HDD for sale.

it only needs N2,000 to repair it

selling price - N8,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.