Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273895 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femarse: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
room089:
Hello,

Please I don't know much about laptop configurations and thing to consider when deciding to procure one. Should I buy this small laptop with these specifications for an important freelance jobs?
Basically, it's cheap and within my budget range. I intend buying a more bigger and better one tomorrow when I'm more buoyant.

(Specification sent by the prospective seller)

Very Clean UK Used 12 Inches Samsung Chromebook 2gb Ram Laptop; Samsung:12" / 12.3" -Used.
CONFIGURATION
Processor type : Intel
Chrome version : 42.0.2311.153
Ram : 2GB
Screen size : 12"
Camera (webcam) : yes
Bluetooth : yes
Wireless network WiFi : yes
OS status : genuine
Battery backup : 7 hrs plus
Body look : as clean as new
Condition : 100% OK

I don't believe the '7hrs plus' claim about the battery; if it can last an hour plus - I'm ok.

Please I need your opinions.

this is a Chromebook laptop
it has maybe 32gig rom and yes the battery will last 7hours
the only thing on it is chrome browser there is nothing else u can do on it u can not install application on it u must always be online to use it though u can type some document offline and finally its just a browser that is it nothing more just chrome browser if the only thing u want to do is browse he internet and type few document then good for you u can add extension to the chrome to use Excel and PowerPoint but that's all to it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Garshyzee(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
sotall:
best thing to do is to install a fresh operating system from an external media such as CD rom or flash drive.
Bros would that wipe out my hard drive?
And can u give me d step bt step process to do that? If i can do it alone..
No vex oo. I be novice fr this matter sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Garshyzee:

Bros would that wipe out my hard drive?
And can u give me d step bt step process to do that? If i can do it alone..
No vex oo. I be novice fr this matter sad
if you have got useful files in your HDD, I advice you see a technician to help you install the OS while making sure your files are safe.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Garshyzee(m): 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
sotall:
if you have got useful files in your HDD, I advice you see a technician to help you install the OS while making sure your files are safe.
Pls bro hope that wount cost much?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
Garshyzee:

Pls bro hope that wount cost much?
it depends on who is doing it for you. If you are in Lagos, whatsapp or call me on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Garshyzee(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
sotall:
it depends on who is doing it for you. If you are in Lagos, whatsapp or call me on 08164685979.
Not in lagos bro.. Im in benin.. But yiu cant give me any rough estimate?
I realy appreciate your rensponse. cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
ePrive:

How is it now ?
it has started the showing automatic repair again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by room089: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
femarse:

this is a Chromebook laptop
it has maybe 32gig rom and yes the battery will last 7hours
the only thing on it is chrome browser there is nothing else u can do on it u can not install application on it u must always be online to use it though u can type some document offline and finally its just a browser that is it nothing more just chrome browser if the only thing u want to do is browse he internet and type few document then good for you u can add extension to the chrome to use Excel and PowerPoint but that's all to it

Thank you bro, I really appreciate your detailed analysis about the mini laptop.

I'm into writing, editing, translating and research in two languages. Please can that mini laptop serve me? Be honest with me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shyshally(f): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello. Pls for some time now, I've received this warning anytime I put on my system. Had to remove the battery and use it without it because it wasn't charging the battery.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello house! My system has been stuck on "preparing automatic repair," so I decided to run some test just to decide what's going on, long story short: the test showed passed for every other parts in the PC but hard disk-which showed failed. Pls can someone help me on what the problem is and how to solve it asap. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by artemismay: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi, guyz..my game pad which used to work well on my former laptop and now isn't working however I left it former a while. What I'm scared of is whether the USB port of my new laptop is bad because I got a London used on. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dabigjoe6(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
please I have an Asus transformer book t100ta the touch is not responding after falling down with a cracked screen, how much will it cost me to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Qhalifah:
Hello house! My system has been stuck on "preparing automatic repair," so I decided to run some test just to decide what's going on, long story short: the test showed passed for every other parts in the PC but hard disk-which showed failed. Pls can someone help me on what the problem is and how to solve it asap. Cheers!!!
you already found the problem. Change your hard drive and install a fresh OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
dabigjoe6:
please I have an Asus transformer book t100ta the touch is not responding after falling down with a cracked screen, how much will it cost me to fix it.
if you are in Lagos, call or whatsapp me on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
shyshally:
Hello. Pls for some time now, I've received this warning anytime I put on my system. Had to remove the battery and use it without it because it wasn't charging the battery.
Try another charger on the system. Also try another battery.
If problem remains same, your motherboard needs checking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
sotall:
you already found the problem. Change your hard drive and install a fresh OS.
Bro, pls can any other thing be done except that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Qhalifah:
Bro, pls can any other thing be done except that
you don't repair a bad hard drive. Replace it for your own good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lapazi(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=FILEBE post=60469125]

I will suggest you buy a new keyboard. Have tons of keyboards like that. We don't repair it we just replace it.

How much will it cost to change a typical keyboard of a 16" hp laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=lapazi post=60868524][/quote]
About 5k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femarse: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
room089:

Thank you bro, I really appreciate your detailed analysis about the mini laptop.

I'm into writing, editing, translating and research in two languages. Please can that mini laptop serve me? Be honest with me.

If the only thing u are doing is browsing and researching and typing PDF word excel yes it will serve u and 75% of the time u must be connected to the internet cos your work will be save in the cloud
Hope u understand that there is nothing like installing any application? Everything u want to do u will do it on the chrome browser if u are familiar with chrome browser and it's extensions then u are good to so much are only browsing and typing nothing more however my honest advice is to get a window laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammysholove(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
J4parry:

Thanks, I already tried that site before coming here. It doesn't support Elitebook and Probook

If u haven't seen unlock it kindly contact is
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tekkyb: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2017
room089:
Hello,

Please I don't know much about laptop configurations and thing to consider when deciding to procure one. Should I buy this small laptop with these specifications for an important freelance jobs?
Basically, it's cheap and within my budget range. I intend buying a more bigger and better one tomorrow when I'm more buoyant.

(Specification sent by the prospective seller)

Very Clean UK Used 12 Inches Samsung Chromebook 2gb Ram Laptop; Samsung:12" / 12.3" -Used.
CONFIGURATION
Processor type : Intel
Chrome version : 42.0.2311.153
Ram : 2GB
Screen size : 12"
Camera (webcam) : yes
Bluetooth : yes
Wireless network WiFi : yes
OS status : genuine
Battery backup : 7 hrs plus
Body look : as clean as new
Condition : 100% OK

I don't believe the '7hrs plus' claim about the battery; if it can last an hour plus - I'm ok.

Please I need your opinions.
what is the hard disk size? processor power,windows version?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by room089: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
tekkyb:

what is the hard disk size? processor power,windows version?

Good day bro,

I really don't know much about that mini laptop: I didn't even see it. The prospective seller just sent the specifications to me.

Good people in here have explained the dynamics of the system to me. I won't be buying it again. It won't serve the purpose I intended buying it for.

All the same, thanks for stopping by - I appreciate!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Black screen after Windows 8 update please help guyz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hollaryeenqah: 3:25am On Sep 30, 2017
Am having problem with my dell latitude e6430 n i was told its modaboard... i want to know d price of d modaboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hollaryeenqah:
Am having problem with my dell latitude e6430 n i was told its modaboard... i want to know d price of d modaboard
if you are in Lagos, call or whatsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 5:25am On Oct 01, 2017
Good morning house, Please I have this issue on my windows 8.1 dell latitude 3480 laptop, Each time I on It, what I see on the display is just a blue page with nothing else, how can I resolve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazhar91(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2017
There are many antiviruses but I found [url]Kaspersky Total Security 2018[/url] best for all problems.
http://pcpapa.net/2017/09/kaspersky-total-security-2018-free-download/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please, I need a recommendation of a brand new laptop I can get for the price range of between 100-120k with at least 4gb ram, corei3 processor and 500GB HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
midps007:
Good morning house, Please I have this issue on my windows 8.1 dell latitude 3480 laptop, Each time I on It, what I see on the display is just a blue page with nothing else, how can I resolve this?

pls house, kindly respond to this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by galax1: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please my Lenovo laptop just developed a problem,it boots up is very slow,video play is also slow,if I click on a window its response is very slow .the hard disk ,ram n CPU have been certified ok .i was told its the board.just want to know if there is anything else that could be d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brownhypo: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
Please, I need a recommendation of a brand new laptop I can get for the price range of between 100-120k with at least 4gb ram, corei3 processor and 500GB HDD.
hp notebook 15 is a great option

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.