Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268291 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
How long have you been using the PC?

thanks.... close to a year now. pls, do you know what I can do?

are you familiar with this sort of fault? �

I have an online exam to take in the next 1 week.
thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
HiddenManna:

thanks.... close to a year now. pls, do you know what I can do?

are you familiar with this sort of fault? �

I have an online exam to take in the next 1 week.
thanks again

Here's what you're gonna do
We are going to be booting into safe mode. However we are not going to be doing so via those two screens.

Here's how:

power your computer, immediately begin to tap the F8 key until a list of options appears.
Select SAFE MODE.

Post the next screen that appears... That will determine our next move...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

You will need a recovery software to root this.
Popular types include RecUva and Yodot.

Put these in mind before initiating any recovery process.

1.Do not run the recovery software on the hard drive currently that is currently in your computer. What this means is that, if you want to recover files from your current computer, you must remove its hard drive, sleeve it and connect to another system as an external.

2. Never save your files on the current hard disk you are recovering from.

3. Recovery processes take a lot of time! I mean no exaggeration... A lot of time.

First ensure your system is plugged in to a power source and that it isn't disturbed.

In summary remove the HDD From your laptop, sleeve it into an external casing. Get another external where your recovered files will go...
.you're definitely going to be doing this on another working laptop.

Aaaaand possibly doing it overnight
.. Did I just say overnight Yes I did.

>>> Sorry man, I can imagine how hard this is on you!
As always, to everyone who wants to run critical updates or format their system, ensure your important stuff are backed up
<<<

*cheers *
thank you. pls are this soft ware free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Razak5:

Here's what you're gonna do
We are going to be booting into safe mode. However we are not going to be doing so via those two screens.

Here's how:

power your computer, immediately begin to tap the F8 key until a list of options appears.
Select SAFE MODE.

Post the next screen that appears... That will determine our next move...

awesome bruh... here's what I got... please, what's next step?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
HiddenManna:

awesome bruh... here's what I got... please, what's next step?

Like I said, Select the first option from the list >safemode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

You will need a recovery software to root this.
Popular types include RecUva and Yodot.

Put these in mind before initiating any recovery process.

1.Do not run the recovery software on the hard drive currently that is currently in your computer. What this means is that, if you want to recover files from your current computer, you must remove its hard drive, sleeve it and connect to another system as an external.

2. Never save your files on the current hard disk you are recovering from.

3. Recovery processes take a lot of time! I mean no exaggeration... A lot of time.

First ensure your system is plugged in to a power source and that it isn't disturbed.

In summary remove the HDD From your laptop, sleeve it into an external casing. Get another external where your recovered files will go...
.you're definitely going to be doing this on another working laptop.

Aaaaand possibly doing it overnight
.. Did I just say overnight Yes I did.

>>> Sorry man, I can imagine how hard this is on you!
As always, to everyone who wants to run critical updates or format their system, ensure your important stuff are backed up
<<<

*cheers *
pls. do you have license key to easeus data recover 11.9.0 version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
Razak5:

Like I said, Select the first option from the list >safemode

but pls, did you see the images I sent before the previous one? I clicked. safe mode, but nothing happened, it didn't bring any option but instead it started listing out my files and scanning them... and my pc rebooted again.

but when I pressed f8 as you've instructed me to do, it brought out some useful options which I snapped and sent to you. it has options like;

safe mode

safe mode with networking

safe mode with command prompt

other options it brought after that were;

enable boot logging

enable low resolution video (640 x 480)

last known good configuration (advanced)

directory services restore mode

debugging mode

disable automatic restart on computer system

disable driver signature enforcement

Start windows normally
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2018
4lorunsho:

Naaah. I don't.
Whatsup with the free version?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temigreat(m): 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
Pls hv u encounter this problem on ur laptop window changing from win 7 to win 95 anytime i click on any folder it shows thisThe server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Do u knw of any solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
HiddenManna:

but pls, did you see the images I sent before the previous one? I clicked. safe mode, but nothing happened, it didn't bring any option but instead it started listing out my files and scanning them... and my pc rebooted again.

but when I pressed f8 as you've instructed me to do, it brought out some useful options which I snapped and sent to you. it has options like;

safe mode

safe mode with networking

safe mode with command prompt

other options it brought after that were;

enable boot logging

enable low resolution video (640 x 480)

last known good configuration (advanced)

directory services restore mode

debugging mode

disable automatic restart on computer system

disable driver signature enforcement

Start windows normally

Ok, so test 1 completed.

Test 2. Start your laptop press F10 key hold on a while 15min to 20 min. Did it go off.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 12:30am On Apr 03, 2018
4lorunsho:

If you aren't afraid of command line, I'd recommend TestDisk. Tested, trusted and completely free.

If u insist on Easeus though, you can go to
https://downloadly.
ir/software/system/easeus-partition-master/

Fix the link above and download install and crack
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 2:55am On Apr 03, 2018
airsaylongcon:

If you aren't afraid of command line, I'd recommend TestDisk. Tested, trusted and completely free.

If u insist on Easeus though, you can go to
https://downloadly.
ir/software/system/easeus-partition-master/

Fix the link above and download install and crack
I should just download and install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 5:51am On Apr 03, 2018
4lorunsho:
I should just download and install

Download, unzip and follow instructions in the downloaded file

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekachigreat: 6:04am On Apr 03, 2018
My local disk is displaying as a folder
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=airsaylongcon post=66385645]
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Stallion93(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
My PC screen heats up and goes dark on 1 side of the screen, it's spreading slowly over the whole screen as i keep using it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
That's a critical error with the OS. You'll need to Re-install the OS.
Before you do that please run a scan, a full scan with an Antivirus program.

Cheers *
oops, thanks...but the antivirus program itself-'360antivirus' or something is not coming up, is the scan very important or I just re-install the OS straight up?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
dammygoody:

oops, thanks...but the antivirus program itself-'360antivirus' or something is not coming up, is the scan very important or I just re-install the OS straight up?

A full scan usually correct some minor errors instead of taking the last resort (formatting).

If you must format please backup your important stuff.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
Razak5:

A full scan usually correct some minor errors instead of taking the last resort (formatting).

Nice to be here .I just started learning on how to work and repair laptops last two months and believe you me..it is very interesting.
I have a question for you and the house.
A client brought a laptop with chrome as it's operating system.He wants to load windows 10 operating system to it.I have tried loading it but I always get struck in the tab that I suppose to input the command.
what is the easiest way to load windows 10 to Chrome OS laptops?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 11:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
Razak5:

Ok, so test 1 completed.

Test 2. Start your laptop press F10 key hold on a while 15min to 20 min. Did it go off.?

no sir... it didn't but it showed something of this sort on the image below....

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 8:10am On Apr 04, 2018
Razak5:

Alright...thanks boss.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KingCassy(m): 8:19am On Apr 04, 2018
Please I have little issue...
I recently acquired Compaq laptop from the previous user but I noticed that sometimes the system blanks out and turn white only to come again when I slightly hit it.

Pls what could be the course of this and how can I fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by StarryV(f): 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Please how do I unwrite a 'write-protected' flash drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
udemzyudex:

I can only tell u to reload the operating system.

Thanks boss, I appreciate.. I did that.. Its now working perfectly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slimbj: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
horllamy:
consider replacing the wireless card
. I gave it to a tech guy and he had to remove the wireless network device......... how do I connect to the Internet without that. As thewifi icon isn't showing anymore asthe the guy had to reload the software ( if that's what it's called).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
KingCassy:
Please I have little issue...
I recently acquired Compaq laptop from the previous user but I noticed that sometimes the system blanks out and turn white only to come again when I slightly hit it.

Pls what could be the course of this and how can I fix it?

VGA problem. send it to a tech guy,he will have to heat the VGA with rework station in order to resurrect it again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
queenhecate:
please can anyone help me? I'm locked out of my laptop cos I packed it away since my maternity leave and resignation.

I have clear forgot the password (shame!) tried every and I'm still stuck. I bought this software hoping the system will boot from it but still Nada. help me please guys.

onegig, you still here?
Eyah sorry. not been here.
Sorted this out or you still need help? you can have sent me a pm na.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manitobor(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2018
Someone help me out please.

I have an old pc with Windows xp professional, service pack 2 installed on it. I wanted to install an important software on it, but the installation could not proceed because the minimum requirement for the software is windows xp service pack 3.

Please, is there a way to upgrade the pc from Windows xp service pack 2 to Windows xp service pack 3 without losing the files on the system?

Someone help please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manitobor(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2018
Razak5:

I need your help please.
have an old pc with Windows xp professional, service pack 2 installed on it. I wanted to install an important software on it, but the installation could not proceed because the minimum requirement for the software is windows xp service pack 3.
Please, is there a way to upgrade the pc from Windows xp service pack 2 to Windows xp service pack 3 without losing the files on the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2018
manitobor:
Someone help me out please.

I have an old pc with Windows xp professional, service pack 2 installed on it. I wanted to install an important software on it, but the installation could not proceed because the minimum requirement for the software is windows xp service pack 3.

Someone help please.

you can back up your files in external hard drive and format the system.
or if your hard disk is partitioned into C and D,Automatically windows are installed in C.You can install the service pack 3 into D.After installing it,anytime your system is booting,it will ask you to select which window you want the system to boot with..just select the service pack you wanna run the system with
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manitobor(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2018
sammyobi584:

you can back up your files in external hard drive and format the system.
or if your hard disk is partitioned into C and D,Automatically windows are installed in C.You can install the service pack 3 into D.After installing it,anytime your system is booting,it will ask you to select which window you want the system to boot with..just select the service pack you wanna run the system with

Alright. Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2018
Please, Is It Possible To Change My Laptop Dvd/rw Lens? The Dvd/rw Keeps Loading Whenever I Insert A Disc And Finally Pops Up "please, Insert A Disc"

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.