Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269684 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:54am On Mar 28, 2018
DeeD1:
I need VGA card for my Lenovo G400

The system is coming up but no visual on the screen

It's a notebook and not a workstation, so you can't remove it easily.

To replace it, you need an infrared BGA rework Station, that cost over #200k, most engineers don't use it.

The best option is to get another motherboard.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:59am On Mar 28, 2018
Hello everyone.

In this forum, I have come across too many power related problems. Although these problems didn't damage the hardware of the system but they did corrupt the OS... Badly.

So, here's a word of caution

Ensure there's enough power before formatting or updating your laptop. Also when you're installing Softwares with too many protocols. At least be generous enough to keep your battery running!

Here's what you don't want
>>>your software not installing (this is painful) and your OS crashing (this is even more painful) <<<

*thanks*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:01am On Mar 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

It's a notebook and not a workstation, so you can't remove it easily.

To replace it, you need an infrared BGA rework Station, that cost over #200k, most engineers don't use it.

The best option is to get another motherboard.

... and even if it can be done, the cost will be highly discouraging... grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenhecate: 6:08am On Mar 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Which software did you buy, the one that allows you to remove password?
Do you still need all files on your laptop?
they just wrote password on it from computer village. sounds childish I know.
I really really need all my files back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2018
SageTravels:

I have done that too. from 8 to 10 and the video is still freezing. but everything is working fine excerpt the videos

In that case,yyour laptop might be lacking in some graphics driver.

go here... https://drp.su/en

Once the process starts, and navigate to expert mode then select the graphics driver...

Let's hear if it works

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:26am On Mar 28, 2018
Springz:
I opened my laptop this morning and noticed that one of those small panel-like stuff that holds the screen has broken and at the bottom part of that side is Opening. Please what can I do to fix this.

Hello,

First of all, you're a good observer and one that cares more about your PC! I commend you for that.

Second, now that you've noticed this early enough, I'll beg you (don't worry I'm not kneeling grin) to fix this as soon as possible before the flex starts messing up and then the screen...

Lets help do it for a token
Call-08156654450
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2018
queenhecate:

they just wrote password on it from computer village. sounds childish I know.

I really really need all my files back

There is a software use in removing forgotten password but doesn't work all the time, thr second option is reloading your operating system, that way your important files will still be there apart from your applications which you can easily install again.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:24am On Mar 28, 2018
Razak5:

... and even if it can be done, the cost will be highly discouraging... grin

Abi, cos getting a new chip will be cost and the work manship will be cost too.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:27am On Mar 28, 2018
Razak5:
Hello everyone.

In this forum, I have come across too many power related problems. Although these problems didn't damage the hardware of the system but they did corrupt the OS... Badly.

So, here's a word of caution

Ensure there's enough power before formatting or updating your laptop. Also when you're installing Softwares with too many protocols. At least be generous enough to keep your battery running!

Here's what you don't want
>>>your software not installing (this is painful) and your OS crashing (this is even more painful) <<<

*thanks*

Yeah, I'll even suggest that no light no formatting, recovery, reseting or reinstalling.

Your charger must always be connected while doing any of the above stuff.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah, I'll even suggest that no light no formatting, recovery, reseting or reinstalling.

Your charger must always be connected while doing any of the above stuff.

Spot on!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prahcetomi(m): 11:44am On Mar 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

The wireless cable is not connected, fault might be from factory.

If you're in lagos, I can fix it for you. Call or WhatsApp me 08064724259
Jesu!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
prahcetomi:
Jesu!
Take am easy... grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
prahcetomi:
Help. Just recently I bought a new system running on windows 10 enterprise. The problem is that the laptop does not have WiFi. I downloaded the drivers manually in my phone and installed it but still the network adapter refuses to work. When I go to troubleshoot,it tells me Ethernet cable not connected. I need this system for internet use, and network reception on my modem is very poor.

Hello,
If your phone runs on Android, you can use the USB tethering feature to share Internet with your Laptop via a USB cable.

Once connected, go to https://drp.su/en and check for your drivers.

If his doesn't still work, not to worry. You can get a Wi-Fi Adapter (about NGN5000) for it.

However, the if it shows that the Wi-Fi is on but not seeing any hotshot, it could be that the antenna isn't plugged in properly (or not at all). But this is highly unlikely.

It's not the end of the road...

*chess*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
prahcetomi:
Jesu!

Yeah, things like that always happen, that's why i always advice people to use the troubleshooting option, this will give a clear guide on where the problem is coming from.

You're definitely going to see an engineer.

It's not a big issue.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanrally: 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2018
Plz help, the wireless functions of my HP mini laptop suddenly stopped working. Internet modem won't connect on it, it won't see hot-spot devices, and even Bluetooth stopped functioning. What do I do pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
lanrally:
Plz help, the wireless functions of my HP mini laptop suddenly stopped working. Internet modem won't connect on it, it won't see hot-spot devices, and even Bluetooth stopped functioning. What do I do pls

Hello.
*check if the Wi-Fi switch is on, could be by the side (right or left) or front side.

* The Wi-Fi card has probably gone bad- if so, you're going to replace it. Or in rare cases where the Wi-Fi card will not work even after replacement, you'll have to get a Wi-Fi adapter.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prahcetomi(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
If your phone runs on Android, you can use the USB tethering feature to share Internet with your Laptop via a USB cable.

If his doesn't still work, not to worry. You can get a Wi-Fi Adapter (about NGN5000) for it.

However, the if it shows that the Wi-Fi is on but not seeing any hotshot, it could be that the antenna isn't plugged in properly (or not at all). But this is highly unlikely.

*chess*
Thanks..how do I do the USB tethering
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prahcetomi(m): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,

*chess*
I saw this on konga..your thoughts?..I'm thinking of managing this one till I take it to an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:39am On Mar 29, 2018
prahcetomi:
Thanks..how do I do the USB tethering

Hello.
USB tethering is pretty simple to set up .

Just plug your phone to your computer using a USB cable. On your phone >go to settings >go to "tethering and portable hotspot" > locate USB tethering and mark it... The rest is automatic.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prahcetomi(m): 12:43am On Mar 29, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
USB tethering is pretty simple to set up .

Just plug your phone to your computer using a USB cable. On your phone >go to settings >go to "tethering and portable hotspot" > locate USB tethering and mark it... The rest is automatic.

*Cheers*
Thanks a lot bro...I did the USB tethering, connected and updated the WiFi driver...its now working...I guess no engineer will chop my money.. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Springz(f): 6:22am On Mar 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

The hinges is broken and not holding the carcass well right? Well you have to take it to an engineer to help you fix it.

If you're in lagos, I can handle it for you.
WhatsApp or call 08064724259
Yes that is what happened, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Springz(f): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,

First of all, you're a good observer and one that cares more about your PC! I commend you for that.

Second, now that you've noticed this early enough, I'll beg you (don't worry I'm not kneeling grin) to fix this as soon as possible before the flex starts messing up and then the screen...

Lets help do it for a token
Call-08156654450
Yes, I guess I need to fix this asap. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2018
Springz:

Yes, I guess I need to fix this asap. Thanks

You're welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2018
prahcetomi:
Thanks a lot bro...I did the USB tethering, connected and updated the WiFi driver...its now working...I guess no engineer will chop my money.. cheesy

You're welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2018
queenhecate:
please can anyone help me? I'm locked out of my laptop cos I packed it away since my maternity leave and resignation.

I have clear forgot the password (shame!) tried every and I'm still stuck. I bought this software hoping the system will boot from it but still Nada. help me please guys.

onegig, you still here?

Which is more critical for you? Recovering your data or your password? There's a password recovery tool called ophcrack. It's not readily available at Otigba. A very very large download. I'd say focus on recovering your data then format the OS and reinstall. If however you really want to recover your password, be my guest. Password recovery in my experience is very time consuming. U can cut the time down though if you know the length of characters of the password and what characters are in what position in the password

Sorry if I'm sounding geeky

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoalhaji1(m): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
queenhecate:
please can anyone help me? I'm locked out of my laptop cos I packed it away since my maternity leave and resignation.

I have clear forgot the password (shame!) tried every and I'm still stuck. I bought this software hoping the system will boot from it but still Nada. help me please guys.

onegig, you still here?
i can help you Ĩlear the password provided you come with a valid means of ownership. if you are in lagos call 09074001879

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bobbygkmc(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hi anyone!
So my laptop hit the ground. Juat lightly though. I tried to turn it on but the keyboard area powered on but the screen didnt. I really need thia working ASAP. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
bobbygkmc:
Hi anyone!
So my laptop hit the ground. Juat lightly though. I tried to turn it on but the keyboard area powered on but the screen didnt. I really need thia working ASAP. What do I do?

Hello,

1st,your PC dropped (though lightly). This means something might have moved... Like the RAM
Adjust the RAM... You should access the ram either through the back or from under the keyboard.

Please do not do it in the kitchen

... And No, do not knife your system grin. If you feel you're gonna knife it....see a technician

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
I need that motherboard Asus x53s.
Anyone know how I can get it?
Pls Let's talk if you know. How I can get it.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 8PpuzFV: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
I have an iPad 3 problem, is that allowed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizterAccurate(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please help a brother, I used the wrong charger for my system and something got burnt inside.The engineer I took it to said the I.C for powering the system got burnt and that it can't be fixed again, please how true is that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
MizterAccurate:
Please help a brother, I used the wrong charger for my system and something got burnt inside.The engineer I took it to said the I.C for powering the system got burnt and that it can't be fixed again, please how true is that?

Hello.

First of all, something got burnt.

Second, because it got burnt, it will no longer work again.

Third, because 1&2 happened it has to be replaced!

So yes, if he's diagnosis led to that- he's correct.

*cheers*

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.