Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria (11422 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / One Shot Dead During The Ongoing "Biafra Million Man March’ Protest / One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by AyoRandy: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2009
My fellow Nigerians,
The time has come for all to stop just talking and writting , but to do something about the situation in our country. For those who do not believe in the million march, you can still do something positive in your own way to make those bastard called our rulers to have a rethink. For me, I believe that the million march is the beginning of many protests to come and I congratulate the organisers.

The Niger Delta problem should be seen as National issue, the riot in the North should be seen as Nations problem. All this should be addressed in the rally. We are all here to help each other, not condemn or fight ourselves. Surely, the government will ignore the protesters, but when the protest continue to expand from cities to cities, states to states, then the government will be supriced to know that Nigerians are no more cowards or sidon look people.

For all of us that has contributed to the poster by one way or the other, I say thank you. At least we all agree that a change is needed, but yet to agree on the way the change will come. This is just the beginning.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2009
Ehen,

them don come again. Cold Footers and Blanket Wetters.

We are holding this protest in Lagos and Fashola is in support of anything to challenge the power situation.

Besides, a lot of Media support is going to be there. Beaming on the internet live. On international stations. I've personally sent messages to everyone I know in the the industry. From those working with NTA to some with MTV Base and HiTV.

I've invited people involved in video coverage and they will be broadcasting live even via video calls. Ireport doesn't have jack on this.

The entire police force in Nigeria I believe is less than 1 million personnell. You people should stop trying to intimidate us away from standing up for your right.

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria must change now!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

Ehen,

We are holding this protest in Lagos and Fashola is in support of anything to challenge the power situation.

Besides, a lot of Media support is going to be there. Beaming on the internet live. On international stations. I've personally sent messages to everyone I know in the the industry. From those working with NTA to some with MTV Base and HiTV.

I've invited people involved in video coverage and they will be broadcasting live even via video calls. Ireport doesn't have jack on this.

The entire police force in Nigeria I believe is less than 1 million personnell. You people should stop trying to intimidate us away from standing up for your right.

Impressive. However I hope its not all online video. Pressure really needs to be mounted and if the government has shamed Nigerians around the world with the way the country has been run and the way Nigerians are looked at, I think its only right the government is totally humiliated and shamed as well. Do not write off i-report, if i-report is involved it means there is a good shot that the protest appears on CNN. What I am still not sure of though is the number of people who would be willing to turn up and join the protest.

A piece of advice to the organisers, have a clear agenda and a list of things you are actually marching to achieve so it doesn't just become a bunch of people aimlessly shouting about the power situation in the country. What do you want achieved? I don't mean vague agendas but specifics. I was saying the march would have been more effective if it was aimed at the legislature and aimed at some bills being proposed and passed like giving each state the right to generate its power for itself, etc, and it was just an opinion. If you have an agenda make it clear.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by AyoRandy: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2009
I think we guys abroad should organise a similar rally. What do you think?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

Ehen,

Can’t help but post in response to what I deem disturbing in your approach to handling those who are not as upbeat about this as you are. Why not keep mum to telling people how to feel but instead continue to push for people to join as you seem to be doing and let us wait for that day to have things happen and change minds instead?

The only person able to intimidate you here is yourself and no one else. As much as we want change, it is rubbish if we do not learn to respect the views of those who do not see things as we do.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

Ehen,

We are holding this protest in Lagos and Fashola is in support of anything to challenge the power situation ,

I have to agree with @Kobojunkie here, I commend your efforts, you are free to swim the entire length of the river Niger if you think it will bring about change; but remember that we are basing our judgement on the current situation and past events; is marching new? What makes it different this time? And is MTV Base the right outlet? MTV base is a music channel, Hitv? and finally NTA is controlled by the government.  So the point I am making is that you need more than a march to change the situation.  When Louis Farrakhan did the million man march what did it achieve? What are your plans after the march if the politicians do not respond?

Ayo Randy:

I think we guys abroad should organise a similar rally. What do you think?

If you are living in the UK we are going to start a NEW political party  grin
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by back2back(f): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2009
If you are living in the UK we are going to start a NEW political party, we'll be meeting on the 9th of August if you want more info contact me: nolongting2006@yahoo.co.uk

as if this will solve the problem.

PDP was a new political party started in 1999.

Problem is no party or lack of it. It is the PEOPLE!!!!!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
@Kobojunkie

you mean I should keep on fetching water into a bucket other people are turning upside-down without telling them to stop first?

You don see betta Ghandi.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
back2back:

as if this will solve the problem.

PDP was a new political party started in 1999.

Problem is no party or lack of it. It is the PEOPLE!!!!!

How did I know you was going to respond with that  grin cheesy wink smiley  Most Nigerians have been brainwashed to the extent that when they hear POILITICS they think YUK! But you should have been more constructive with your response, like what will be different this time? We are a collection of professionals with proven track records OUTSIDE Nigeria and we are willing to bring that expertise back to Nigeria and make a change.  Oh and by the way what will solve the problem?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

@Kobojunkie

you mean I should keep on fetching water into a bucket other people are turning upside-down without telling them to stop first?

You don see betta Ghandi.

If that was only what you were doing, it would be different. Ever heard the saying "Action Speaks Louder than words"? You have yet to act, why not allow your ACTION change minds rather than feeling you need to turn this into yet another one of them "US vs THEM" arguments which usually lead no where fast. People will not always agree with you does not mean it is mandate for you to attack them and make them the ENEMY.

This is Nigeria!!! Stop telling the people you will change things, show CHANGE to CHANGE MINDS!!! That ought to be the way we see these things by now.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by back2back(f): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2009
We are a collection of professionals with proven track records OUTSIDE Nigeria and we are willing to bring that expertise back to Nigeria and make a change.  Oh and by the way what will solve the problem?

last time OUTSIDERS came, they join NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST into this mess.

please stay in your outside. if you feel you want to help.

1. ask the outsiders to stop giving those 'leaders' VISA

2. ask the outsiders to stop taken corruption money from 'those leaders'

3. ask the outsiders to stop selling these goons weapon

You will be amazed what insiders will do to these leaders!!!

We dont need another Political Party!!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
nolongTing:

How did I know you was going to respond with that grin cheesy wink smiley Most Nigerians have been brainwashed to the extent that when they hear POILITICS they think YUK! But you should have been more constructive with your response, like what will be different this time? We are a collection of professionals with proven track records OUTSIDE Nigeria and we are willing to bring that expertise back to Nigeria and make a change. Oh and by the way what will solve the problem?

You don look your politicians so? Most of them used to be OUTSIDERS and look what they have contributed so far. This " THE OUTSIDERS HAVE THE SOLUTION" mindset, I do not buy into at all.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2009
back2back:

last time OUTSIDERS came,  they join NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST into this mess.

please stay in your outside. if you feel you want to help.

1. ask the outsiders to stop giving those 'leaders' VISA

2. ask the outsiders to stop taken corruption money from 'those leaders'

3. ask the outsiders to stop selling these goons weapon

You will be amazed what insiders will do to these leaders!!!

We dont need another Political Party!!

[size=14pt]I was not talking about Europeans[/size], I was talking about Nigerians who are not part of the recycled pensioners that rule Nigeria today. Try to mention some solutions rather than regurgitating well known, common, problems.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by mustafar1: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
hmmmmmmm, interesting
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
nolongTing:

What do you need to solve the problem?

Do we really some mysterious tool to solve "the problem"? The solution has been used over and over in other places, for hundreds of years. Do we need NEW solutions in our case?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You don look your politicians so? Most of them used to be OUTSIDERS and look what they have contributed so far. This " THE OUTSIDERS HAVE THE SOLUTION" mindset, I do not buy into at all.

THE OUTSIDERS HAVE THE SOLUTION is your words not mine  cheesy wink cheesy grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Do we really some mysterious tool to solve "the problem"? The solution has been used over and over in other places, for hundreds of years. Do we need NEW solutions in our case?

@Kobojunkie yes! we need new solutions! grin grin cheesy smiley grin wink smiley grin grin smiley
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by AyoRandy: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2009
C'mmon guys, we are here to find a common solutions to our problems not to criticise and fight each other.

Let us all try to express our approval or dis-approval  to the march without needs to attack each other.

This division will take us no where and  certainly is not the change we are all calling for.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2009
nolongTing:

@Kobojunkie yes! we need new solutions! grin grin cheesy smiley grin wink smiley grin grin smiley

Are you saying we have TRIED everything else, and IT ALL DID NOT WORK? Or are you just saying that we just do not need to try what others have shown to have worked in their case because we are NIGERIA and it all has to be more complicated in our own case?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
Ayo Randy:

C'mmon guys, we are here to find a common solutions to our problems not to criticise and fight each other.

Let us all try to express our approval or dis-approval  to the march without needs to attack each other.

This division will take us no where and  certainly is not the change we are all calling for.

I am all smiles Randy (smile),  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2009
Jesus Christ! Kobojunkie, are you listening to yourself?

We have set aside a clear date on which to act and you're telling about action speaking louder.

So because I want to give you action, I should abandon the stipulated date and head straight to Maryland, perambulating all over town on my own.

You demand for action from me is absolutely pointless. Please, let's not turn this thread into a thrashcan for crazy suggestions.

Date's been fixed, plans are being perfected and all of a sudden, you want me to take immediate action just to confirm it speaks louder.

Yesterday, I spread the message to about 100 online, and 20 via direct contact yesterday and I'm going to continue today.

What other action do you want me to take right now? Should I go to Kainji Dam and start spinning the turbine like eina suggested?

Please, mention something feasible that I can do right now prior to the 1 Million Man March and I'll consider it. Don't just throw proverbs here and there just because you've heard them before.

Abeg, I have a business to tend to in the Auto section. I don't have all day the chew the fat with you.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are you saying we have TRIED everything else, and IT ALL DID NOT WORK? Or are you just saying that we just do not need to try what others have shown to have worked in their case because we are NIGERIA and it all has to be more complicated in our own case?

I think some of you have misunderstood the word OUTSIDER, @back2back it not about Oyinbo! My own adhoc definition is Nigerians who have something to contribute and are not part of the current decadent system.  The solutions are there as you have mentioned but they are not being IMPLEMENTED, we need some fresh BRAINS and IDEAS that can implement these solutions in a transparent, accountable manner.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

Jesus Christ! Kobojunkie, are you listening to yourself?
What the heck has Jesus Christ to do with this?

nex:

We have set aside a clear date on which to act and you're telling about action speaking louder.
Setting a Date is not same as acting ooo.

nex:

So because I want to give you action, I should abandon the stipulated date and head straight to Maryland, perambulating all over town on my own.
Is it possible that you have veered from the main point of the discussion at this time? No one has told you to perambulate about town as you claim. All I have said is there is no need to attack those who do not see things as you do, or stoop to making them the ENEMY in all this. I mean I am simply trying to avoid us turning this into yet another US vs THEM/ PATRIOTS vs SELLOUTS argument. Simple!!

nex:

You demand for action from me is absolutely pointless. Please, let's not turn this thread into a thrashcan for crazy suggestions.

Date's been fixed, plans are being perfected and all of a sudden, you want me to take immediate action just to confirm it speaks louder.

Yesterday, I spread the message to about 100 online, and 20 via direct contact yesterday and I'm going to continue today.

What other action do you want me to take right now? Should I go to Kainji Dam and start spinning the turbine like eina suggested?

Please, mention something feasible that I can do right now prior to the 1 Million Man March and I'll consider it. Don't just throw proverbs here and there just because you've heard them before.

Abeg, I have a business to tend to in the Auto section. I don't have all day the chew the fat with you.

a) I never demanded action from you. Not sure where you get that from and there.
b) Date’s don’t translate into change. Can we please not confuse the two
c) I commended you for spreading the message and hope you continue but that still does not justify your bid to put those who do not see this as you do, Down as the “NAYSAYERS/ENEMIES”.
d) Again, never demanded action from you in any way. The discussion up until now should have made that clear to anyone reading this thread.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2009
nolongTing:

I think some of you have misunderstood the word OUTSIDER, @back2back it not about Oyinbo! My own adhoc definition is Nigerians who have something to contribute and are not part of the current decadent system. The solutions are there as you have mentioned but they are not being IMPLEMENTED, we need some fresh BRAINS and IDEAS that can implement these solutions in a transparent, accountable manner.

OK! Just wanted to be sure that when we mean OUTSIDER’s, we are not talking of Nigerians Outside of Nigeria because members of this same group have had their hands deep in the problem, for decades now. You don’t need to look further from aso rock to see this. Only some months ago, I learnt that the new Minister of Aviation is, yes, a Diaspora, and this man from the much I have gathered has not spent enough time in Business( sure he has an MBA), let alone Aviation. But I have my fingers crossed.

As for Solutions, I think it is time we give up on this PROFFERING OF SOLUTIONS exercise we have been on for decades now and just start applying COMMON SENSE solutions. We are so good at trying to OVER COMPLICATE issues that are honestly real SIMPLE.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
What happened to the focus of the thread? Please let us not fight or derail the thread instead let us be constructive and understand that when working with other people not everyone will agree so please some humility is called for from everyone, it is not a compulsory thread.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Witi(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
Nigeria is not a country where that kind of move can work our government are shameless the only language they understand is Industrial action or Militant action. If the proposed 1 million people that will participate in the march can join MEND to overcome the oppression in this country where the South owns the resources but the North enjoys the resources then we shall be on the road to REVOLUTION which is the way forward in Nigeria.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

OK! Just wanted to be sure that when we mean OUTSIDER’s, we are not talking of Nigerians Outside of Nigeria because members of this same group have had their hands deep in the problem, for decades now. You don’t need to look further from aso rock to see this. Only some months ago, I learnt that the new Minister of Aviation is, yes, a Diaspora, and this man from the much I have gathered has not spent enough time in Business( sure he has an MBA), let alone Aviation. But I have my fingers crossed.

As for Solutions, I think it is time we give up on this PROFFERING OF SOLUTIONS exercise we have been on for decades now and just start applying COMMON SENSE solutions. We are so good at trying to OVER COMPLICATE issues that are honestly real SIMPLE.

Its simply about getting the Job done,  I can't stand the word Diasporan but its common knowledge that Nigerians will go abroad and get ANY certificate they can  from ANYWHERE preferrably an Msc, Phd or MBA then go back to Nigeria and steal as much as possible.  So I think we need to say 'hang on what have you ACHIEVED?' or 'What can you do?' rather than ,what piece of paper have you got?' I am sure there are farmers that are smarter than most of these so called Diasporans with MBAs.  So like you said I want to join an organisation thats all about LETS GET THE JOB DONE this is the best way to prove yourself,
we can all bring about change in whatever way we see fit as long as it leads to progress.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by chiyo: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2009
"Hilarious solution to PCHN problem" on the front page?
why Seun?  why not just don't put it on the front page AT ALL rather than post it there to ridicule it with your biased caption?
why are you trying to sway people's opinions of the march before they actually get to read the topic? WHY? 

1.I never claimed the rally to be a one end all solution to the problem. but i see it as a very positive step in achieving the solution.
2. your adjective was not invited and i'll rather not have the topic at all than have it twisted into something else.

well i guess it's your website and your monopoly. but i do not think it's fair what you did.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2009
nolongTing:

Its simply about getting the Job done,  I can't stand the word Diasporan but its common knowledge that Nigerians will go abroad and get ANY certificate they can  from ANYWHERE preferrably an Msc, Phd or MBA then go back to Nigeria and steal as much as possible.  So I think we need to say 'hang on what have you ACHIEVED?' or 'What can you do?' rather than ,what piece of paper have you got?' I am sure there are farmers that are smarter than most of these so called Diasporans with MBAs.  So like you said I want to join an organisation thats all about LETS GET THE JOB DONE this is the best way to prove yourself,
we can all bring about change in whatever way we see fit as long as it leads to progress.  

Absolutely!! and If we have organizations like this that are out there protesting, alongside other orgs pushing change by say pushing for truth in the media, and putting heat on our representatives who seem not to know that we are even here, we are at some point bound to see things start to change, I believe. I mean imagine people protesting outside of the governor's house like 24/7 for months, I bet you that man will have no peace living as an slowpoke.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by CGKing(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2009
Im in!!!. Please can I come with my black face mask and assualt rifle? So that when nothing happens i can salvage my invested time and claim millitant.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by just1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2009
one can see that with the little monopoly seun has, he turned turned this march to a ridicule. One imagines what he would do if he was mr president,
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2009
Psssf . . . . .
Waste of time, that Country is a failed project
I am just awaiting the winding down! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunde Ajibulu: Yahaya Bello Lacks Knowledge Of Kogi Politics / APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees / INEC: PDP Lauds Onochie’s Rejection, Urges Buhari Not To Re-Present Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.