Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,397 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola (40514 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola / Benue Killings: No Sufficient Evidence To Prosecute Herdsmen – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Trunaijian: 5:09am On Apr 01, 2016
Of all the issues with power, one baffles me: "VANDALISM"!!!. Why do we do these things to ourselves? Political difference?Sabotage? Greed? Wickedness?. I cant understand why citizens of this country will deliberately vandalize power installations to make fellow Nigerians suffer because of one thing or the other; God help us.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by marteg1986: 5:29am On Apr 01, 2016
mile12crises:
Nigeria’s Minister of Power Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, says there is currently not enough power to distribute unless more turbines are switched on.

He attributed recent power outages in some parts of the country to four turbines which stopped working, but hoped electricity supply would be stabilized soon as three of the four turbines have been restored.

The Minister also expressed hope that President Muhammadu Buhari’s 10,000 megawatts target would be met.

He, however, decried acts of vandalism which he says is causing some of the energy problems in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/31/fashola-admits-no-sufficient-power-distribution/

Mr minister, seek for young and new generation minds to put solutions on how to generate power not those old heads and brains. Power is possible and constant power is possible too. Stop the importation of generating plants totally and close down companies selling these plants in Nigeria then we can urgently seek for solution.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by ucheheart(m): 5:37am On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=baysol post=44293572][/quote] what is this one saying?
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by ucheheart(m): 5:39am On Apr 01, 2016
profolaolu:
Just shut up n tell ur family to stop vandalising gas pipeline n we ll av light
one of the children on nairaland. I will blame mtn for giving you free 10mb

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by horsepower24: 5:43am On Apr 01, 2016
OLADD:
I am sure Fashola never thought of turbine malfunction or pipeline vandalism before boasting to deliver stable electricity in 8 months during the last election campaigns. Anybody that takes Nigerian politicians (progressives or whatever they call themselves) for their words is on his/her own.

Meanwhile, someone should help ask the MODS why I was banned for 1 week. Nobody can close our mouths from speaking against this deceitful APC govt.
That useless mod that thinks he has "mind". He would be humbled the day Seun sacks him. If you oppose his view or that of his gf, you would be banned. It happened to me twice. Woman wrapper. Its so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by macaranta(m): 7:10am On Apr 01, 2016
okeyglm:
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science.
do the needful.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by stevecantrell: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2016
I've already warned about this Fashola guy..he should stick to his usual tax collection...he has no business running a technical ministry like power.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.

South Africa can boast of 3years uninterrupted power supply.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by judondasylva(m): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2016
I will continue to say it that Nigeria as a nation will never move forward no matter how you try cus most of the leaders are tribalists how can you make a lawyer minister of power while there are many competent engineers out there? now nobody is calling him to resign cus he is not from the hated tribe.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Johnsown1(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2016
You never start. So the turbine that shutdown can't be repaired right or Your waiting for God to repair it.Story for the gods
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 01, 2016
What does he know about power generation, no be to do gra gra and shakara, but to find practical solutions to problems on ground.

He was clamoring for it so let his solve our problems.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by matrix1759: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2016
So, why didn't it make sense to you and your ilks when GEJ gave that as an excuse for the shortfall in power generation? What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by SucreB: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2016
lol.....its fine!. now they cannot control thos they hired for vandalism just to disgrace Jonathan. law of karma has arrived. make una deal with am.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by CHEEEWOk: 9:20am On Apr 01, 2016
Fashola who once said that any government that can not fix power in 6months is not serious. Can you now repeat that your statement again. My advice for you is to resign from that ministry and go join Malami in the ministry justice because that is where your call is. Since I was born I have not seen anyone who is sick that visits a Mechanic workshop for treatment instead of going to the Hospital. That's exactly what Buhari has done to the power sector in Nigeria. I'll. Prove it to you that you are a round peg in a square hole.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by diamondchild: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.

Nigeria is not a Godforsaken country, it's the people especially our leaders that has forsaken God, they don't seek divine instructions from God before they act, they don't operate in wisdom, they don't have a single byte of fear God in them, the level of their intelligence is at a very low pace, the only area they are intelligent is how to steal money and satisfy their self interest owing that they don't have the fear of God in them, imagine a single person embezzling an huge amount of money that's meant for a whole nation that's about to worth 300million people by the year 2020.haba!
if Nigeria can manage her natural & mineral resources very well, this great country will be mentioned among the top 10 best & richest nation in the world.
I still believe this country will be great because God has not forsaken this nation, he still has a good plans for this glorious country, there are still better days ahead.

You and I cannot change this country but we can be the change. Stay bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by diamondchild: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:

Nigeria is not a Godforsaken country, it's the people especially our leaders that has forsaken God, they don't seek divine instructions from God before they act, they don't operate in wisdom, they don't have a single byte of fear God in them, the level of their intelligence is at a very low pace, the only area they are intelligent is how to steal money and satisfy their self interest owing that they don't have the fear of God in them, imagine a single person embezzling an huge amount of money that's meant for a whole nation that's about to worth 300million people by the year 2020.haba!
if Nigeria can manage her natural & mineral resources very well, this great country will be mentioned among the top 10 best & richest nation in the world.
I still believe this country will be great because God has not forsaken this nation, he still has a good plans for this glorious country, there are still better days ahead.

You and I cannot change the world but we can be the change. Stay blessed!
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by diamondchild: 10:01am On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:

I still believe th the change. Stay blessed is country will be great because God has not forsaken this nation, he still has a good plans for this glorious country, there are still better days ahead.

You and I cannot change the world but we can be the change.Stay blessed.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by nkemjacob2(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2016
Compare to what kachukwu has said to d recent times fuel scarcity "am not a magician" is no difference to what fashola is saying, and even said more worsen speech. So fashola needs to apologise to nigerians... Stop politicing issues.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by platodeen(m): 11:02am On Apr 01, 2016
Let's share a secret.
A good percentage of Power Bosses or Executives are PDP loyalists.
They hold meetings during the day with the new minister and another at other time with former Bosses who are now PDP member-liyalists.
It's a glaring intention to frustrate the innocent Minister and the government.
For those who care to mark my words, those Power Bosses who the Minister has been holding meetings with and choosing as confidants are not rats as thought but bats who would fly away to mock when the mission assigned is accomplished, probably towards the end of the tenure.
God save Nigeria from the cruelty of the hands of top executives of these various sectors.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by waxobya12: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
Are u sure these our leaders are real human beings at all?

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by OBAnkemi: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:

Watch your tongue broda. Naija isn't God-given, neither is out Father's land a shit-hole.
Sure, we have our issues as a country, we are grappling with mundane things (electricity, good roads, security, access to quality education & health care) that less natural resources-endowed nations have since moved away from, and now even take for granted. We have been hoping since forever dt one day we shall get dia, but we shudnt lose hope.
If u won't be called a Nigerian as she is 2day,dts fine. But please do not put Naija down with yor mouth.
Truth is, Nigerians resident in Naija havent been pushed to d wall enuf,.....when we are, we shall deliver ourselves from the political/ruling class.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by OBAnkemi: 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:

***I beg I meant 'God-forsaken' ***
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Mekyno(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
OBAnkemi:

***I beg I meant 'God-forsaken' ***
nice write up.......jst click d modify button n correct it......
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
mile12crises:
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place.

Where is your chill angry undecided
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
platodeen:
Let's share a secret.
A good percentage of Power Bosses or Executives are PDP loyalists.
They hold meetings during the day with the new minister and another at other time with former Bosses who are now PDP member-liyalists.
It's a glaring intention to frustrate the innocent Minister and the government.
For those who care to mark my words, those Power Bosses who the Minister has been holding meetings with and choosing as confidants are not rats as thought but bats who would fly away to mock when the mission assigned is accomplished, probably towards the end of the tenure.
God save Nigeria from the cruelty of the hands of top executives of these various sectors.

I am a creature on nairaland spelled with 6 letters, a Z as first letter and an E as the last letter.
What creature am I.
Jamb 2016 expo grin

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2017
When light first dey this country seff,lie lie people
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by urahara(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
blackprowler:

Interestingly, it is possible to substantially improve the power situation in one year in this country. Indeed I spent the period of this fool's election and the inauguration trying to make this point to his people so they could pass on to him. The very process by which it would happen would make people like me solar entrepreneurs successful, it would create massive job openings for thousands and it is different from this model which has pipeline vandalisation and few centres of massive power generation as its Achilles heel. Nigerians and black people have a problem. We're not capable of managing modern life. We are suited for our pre-colonial savage existence. Nigeria happens to be one of the best examples of black backwardness - all spheres of human progress

I have been noticing the bolded and I have found it very true. This problem is not only blacks , even austarlian Aborigines and melanesians seem to have these problems

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Saraki And The Fictive Cabal- Femi Adesina / The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / El-Rufai's Convoy: Ugezu J Ugezu 'A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener'(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.