Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola (40481 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola / Benue Killings: No Sufficient Evidence To Prosecute Herdsmen – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mile12crises: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nigeria’s Minister of Power Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, says there is currently not enough power to distribute unless more turbines are switched on.

He attributed recent power outages in some parts of the country to four turbines which stopped working, but hoped electricity supply would be stabilized soon as three of the four turbines have been restored.

The Minister also expressed hope that President Muhammadu Buhari’s 10,000 megawatts target would be met.

He, however, decried acts of vandalism which he says is causing some of the energy problems in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/31/fashola-admits-no-sufficient-power-distribution/

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari sef

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by okeyglm: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science. do the needful.

371 Likes 21 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by efepro(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
I dnt believe

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by tempest01(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Rocket science ...

with the way things are going, we will never get it in this country. Everything has to work so we see changes. There should be jobs for people. The schools should work. recruitment should be equal opportunity and by merit.

We have the wrong people in the right places. things will never work.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by ucheheart(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
Oga fash, Nigeria is not Lagos. Tell us u can't handle the power situation..

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mile12crises: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place.

431 Likes 57 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
cheesy i laff in 'rocket science'. grin

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by naijamakossa(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
is this man for real? hmmm

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Eyop: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lalasticlala...come & chop, food is ready angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Aromas: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Dis d problem in Nigeria, how du u expect som1 wu study Law maintain Power sector Oga Fash u dey craze o grin

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Baawaa(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
With time Nigeria will get there, because we have those that has vision on board

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mulattoclaro(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by hucienda: 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
shocked what am I seeing here? Na Fash dey tok dis one so?

TANTUMERGO007:
cheesy i laff in 'rocket science'. grin
grin no forget d 6 months

mulattoclaro:
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.
He has no excuse. He didn't know he was clearly setting himself up then.. afterall to critique is very easy. Most critical is he isn't even an Engineer. Anyways, everyone's on watching mode since he's now on mode #AllEyezOnMe *2Pac

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by xclusiveguy4(m): 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
May God help us in this country

sincerely I don't understand the type of change this govt is trying to introduce to us

8 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by OLADD: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
I am sure Fashola never thought of turbine malfunction or pipeline vandalism before boasting to deliver stable electricity in 8 months during the last election campaigns. Anybody that takes Nigerian politicians (progressives or whatever they call themselves) for their words is on his/her own.

Meanwhile, someone should help ask the MODS why I was banned for 1 week. Nobody can close our mouths from speaking against this deceitful APC govt.

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by APCcrimes: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari is a pure dullard!

Chai! We've been scammed...

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by PastorSammy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
You try! Please i need light. Enough of the excuses. If the heat is too much in that ministry, you can go on permanent leave.

5 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by obailala(m): 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science.
do the needful.
Of course it isn't rocket science, 'rocket science' is something which is too difficult for the average mind to understand. But we all understand the reason behind the power outages, savages are bursting gas pipelines for fun.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by obailala(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
OLADD:
I am sure Fashola never thought of turbine malfunction or pipeline vandalism before boasting to deliver stable electricity in 8 months during the last election campaigns. Anybody that takes Nigerian politicians (progressives or whatever they call themselves) for their words is on his/her own.

Meanwhile, someone should help ask the MODS why I was banned for 1 week.Nobody can close our mouths from speaking against this deceitful APC govt.
Lol... you were banned for breaking simple NL rules, you probably must have resorted to insults when you ran out of what to say. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by NaMe4: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Which kain vandalism? Na d first time we dey see such? The electricity situation has been horrible for weeks!

Well, na so e be. Pesin wey dey for outside na expert until im enter inside to perform - I recall their criticisms of the last administration.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Grundig: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
What exactly did Barth Nnaji do when he held sway as the power minister?? Surely, whatever he did can't be rocket science. Maybe it is rocket science. Shouldn't he be on fashola's speed dial espcially at atime like this?

Buhari must consider relieving fashola of the power ministry portfolio.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by alatbaba1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
U say?

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by alatbaba1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Nigeria’s Minister of Power Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, says there is currently not enough power to distribute unless more turbines are switched on.

He attributed recent power outages in some parts of the country to four turbines which stopped working, but hoped electricity supply would be stabilized soon as three of the four turbines have been restored.

The Minister also expressed hope that President Muhammadu Buhari’s 10,000 megawatts target would be met.

He, however, decried acts of vandalism which he says is causing some of the energy problems in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/31/fashola-admits-no-sufficient-power-distribution/

U said? U ppl must be stuuupid. How comes four turbine shutdown? These is what happens when u put a square peg in a round hole. When u have SAN as minister of power. What happened to the engineers? Some corrupt engineer tells him crab n he in return will tell the president crab and they both tell Nigerians crabs.

Same as GEJ. Clueless govt. Ain't a zombie nor wailer. I'm a Nigerian.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Pref(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari sef,which way naija.#istandwithbuharitoresign

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by thesicilian: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Grundig:
What exactly did Barth Nnaji do when he held sway as the power minister?? Surely, whatever he did can't be rocket science. Maybe it is rocket science. Shouldn't he be on fashola's speed dial espcially at atime like this?

Buhari must consider relieving fashola of the power ministry portfolio.

Nigerian politicians don't like seeking for advice from their predecessors, instead they prefer to prosecute and rubbish their images. One would have thought that as a smart minister, Fashola would call at least 3 of the previous ministers and find out what has been going on, what went wrong and how to go about it. All these you can do within 2weeks of assuming office. Then you lay out your plan, and when the same problems that others have faced resurface, you are better prepared to handle them.

Now he's blaming vandals. Is he going to say he was never aware of the activities of vandals prior to this time? What plans did he put in place to counter them?

Instead of moving forward, we're now actually struggling to return to the level we were 3-5yrs ago. Its pathetic. Its disappointing from someone we have come to lay so much hope on.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by omenka(m): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fashola: We have insufficient power to distribute:

iDaft Miscreants: Fashola says we have no power to distribute.

Yet they call the president a dullard. cheesycheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by knuckbuck(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
Excuses all the time. I don tire.

6 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Kc3000: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
So Fashola is not a 'magician?' Where is Tinubu the 'yahoo-yahoo' politician, oya come and tell your boy to resign.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by simongonner: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
we got your back..we believe in you ...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by menix(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
During GEJ tenure u zoombies lambasted him..

Today u re begging us to understand..

Re u guyz not fraudsters...

93 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Your Observations Are Incorrect - PMB Tells Saraki / The Protest Will Still Go On Without 2baba -EIE / Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.