Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola (40509 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola / Benue Killings: No Sufficient Evidence To Prosecute Herdsmen – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Maybe we should put up a protest or strike..this heat is something else

5 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by tinktanker: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aromas:
Dis d problem in Nigeria, how du u expect som1 wu study Law maintain Power sector Oga Fash u dey craze o grin
blame pmb. N some apc zombies applauded the appointments

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Even at maximum power, Fashola won't have enough electricity to give Nigerians.

We have a serious problem with light in Nigeria and looks like all the chickens of 37 years have come home to roost.

For now...we should fix transmission, and make sure that we get generation working again.

I think....and I am not defending the government here....I am stating facts.....we may have to wait for ten years before we see 24/7 light. Especially if the government IS serious about power.

Good evening and good night from me.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
But you can force out sufficient/illegal monies from nigerians abi?...shameless crook!

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by bilazego(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Too much headache for one man to hold the position of Minister of POWER, WORKS and HOUSING. three key sector that required urgent attention. how will he coordinate them with the desired results. the earlier they separated the better

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jayAjoku(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
Well at least things have changed they have kept their promise
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Alwaystruth: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is the true picture of Nigeria's helplessness- Bubu is an illiterate,good and fine but the worst is that he refuses
wise counsel!!..This is where it pains me most. No president in the world knows it all except illiterate Bubu!!. Why would someone in his right senses merge these two most important sectors in Nigeria- works , housing and power?. In Ghana the even have ministry of roads different from ministry of works and housing. worst still, he appointed a lawyer as a minister of power?. In conclusion Bubu is a country's foolery and joke of 21st century because ,he who knows not and knows that he knows not,teach him and he will understand but he who knows not and knows not that he knows not,leave him he will never understand or change even if you employs the best professor on earth to teach him. Nigerians are really in deep poo. No light-no petroleum-no forex- no security-herdsmen killing people everywhere-no work..companies are closing down because of lack of forex..This change is indeed a big chain. God have mercy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by hassan747(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na today? E don tey we no say lite no ever dey Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Allwility: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Uncle Fash, pls call on Prof. Barth Nnaji if you are really serious on solving electricity issue in Nigeria. By the way, what's a lawyer doing in the power sector?? We need technocrats in this country o.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Spybradd: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
Fashola: We have insufficient power to distribute:

iDaft Miscreants: Fashola says we have no power to distribute.

Yet they call the president a dullard. cheesycheesy

slow motion mental faculty..lollz
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by hush15: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akainzo:

Thankfully you couldn't list Savings as dropping. Imagine what would have been if GEJ had Savings to hand over to Buhari after all the 5 years of bountiful oil export at higher prices.

BTW, the Corruption handed over has also dripped.

What are you saying....

Even if this government inherited zillions of dollar, I don't think the have the capacity to efficient expend the country's wealth judiciously.

I thought necessity is the mother of inventions, but all we keep hearing is excuse this, excuse that...

It only shows that the really lack the intellect to create wealth and probably would just be wasting the funds saved up

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sigh, so fed up in this country. 2016 for crying out loud and Nigeria is getting worse, when will it get better. Abeg make una give me light so that my food inside freezer no go spoil ooo.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jerusalem101: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
I now believe that God is really angry with this Country,that's why he brought APC upon us grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by richiepolymer(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fashola we don't want excuses oh. I believe in PMB so much. Do whatever you can to make it work!

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
When GEJ bin dey seat, him give us fuel, light & stable naira, PMB come show scatter everything in the name of chasing corruption. Now fashola get mouth dey tell nigerians say na vandalism cause power shortage, vandalism wey don dey naija even b4 democratic rule let alone Buhari's tenure. Abeg just keep quiet na correct failure na em una(APC) be.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Etizz: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
The most incompetent power minister ever....

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by omonnakoda: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place.
Nothing to do with being a lawyer ,In the UK she read history while in Germany he used to be a high school teacher. They have had lawyers in the US. Any person with a brain who has experience of getting things done in government with the right will should achieve results in any department. Less than 5 years ago the UK Minister for Defence was a doctor and Ngozi Okonjo lost out in her bid to be World Bank President to a doctor. I am certain Dangote did not study Geology but he is making things happen with cement more than those who did ,in fact they work for him. By the way Kachiwu ,too, is a lawyer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Alwaystruth: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fashola should shamelessly resign as power minister and stop this begging and begging syndrome.
Stop begging Nigerians..Give us light or resign. Simple and short.

Power generation is no rocket science-Fashola.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by slap1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science.
do the needful.

The little respect I have for Fashola has diffused. I dislike people who bask in absolute ignorance. You know nothing about power generation, yet you were making noise all along!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
This government is inviting chaos and anarchy. There are pockets of protests going on all over the country each day this blackout persists.
Dangote Group generates over 250MW of electricity for it's industries in Nigeria and an entire nation is still talking about 10,000MW by 2019.
Electricity generation, transmission and distribution is not rocket science,you just don't understand it "honourable minister". Honourably step aside please!

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Lyoncrescent: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
All in all, I hope people are given pre paid meters. Electricity in my area is so poor that i paid just 15k through out last year for electricity simply because I have a prepaid meter and this fee includes the fixed monthly charge of 750 naira. Now the fixed charge has been removed i will be payin much less.A barber on my street gets an estimated billing of 3500 per month which comes to over 35k per year. Appliances I have and use is almost tripple the barbers shop and we are on the same street. Prepaid meter for everyone and I'm sure the discos will run down which is why they Dont want to give meters.

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by slimfit1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Common sense fashola look for other alternative.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Ralphdan(m): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
Plenty Plenty talks no de full basket abeg.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by slap1(m): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
Etizz:
The most incompetent power minister ever....

A lawyer as minister of power. What do you expect? Buhari is just a big fool.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by northvietnam(m): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.

You did not add the country very close to lagos.
Benin Repbulic. , at least 22 hours a Day, some times two months non interrupted power supply..

Shame on naija

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by abumeinben(m): 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
at least hin dey tell us how e dey be. but if electricity isn't sufficient, why increasing tariff?

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by brightology3: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
You dey craze ni? Where ve you left your brain dis time.
Baawaa:
With time Nigeria will get there, because we have those that has vision on board

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by tinktanker: 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
Of course it isn't rocket science, 'rocket science' is something which is too difficult for the average mind to understand. But we all understand the reason behind the power outages, savages are bursting gas pipelines for fun.
na today vandals start? Is just like gej shld have said I cldnt guarantee life's n property because of boko haram n criminals, if u want ur life n properties to b safe then go n stop boko haram. Mtcheww. Are u saying in gej tenure dey were no vandals?

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by OLADD: 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
Lol... you were banned for breaking simple NL rules, you probably must have resorted to insults when you ran out of what to say. cheesy

Lol... I can never run out of words because I have them in inexhaustible reserve. I guess I was banned for attempting to take one of APC praise singers to the cleaners.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by moski5(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kc3000:
So Fashola is not a 'magician?' Where is Tinubu the 'yahoo-yahoo' politician, oya come and tell your boy to resign.

I'll post a Barristers comment

I just bought fuel for 200 Naira in Benin. Some others were clandestinely selling for 250 and 99 percent of the petrol stations were not selling. Honestly, if not for the spirit of Jesus in me, I would have placed a curse on all those who brought this buhari debacle on us.

I took over all social media platforms, I was on tv and radios severally, I wrote essays in various newspapers and granted press interviews, all to denounce the buhari candidature and try to warn my people of the impending buhari doom to no avail. The more I warned, the more they screamed that buhari was their val. One of them even said she couldn't make love well with her husband again because Jonathan couldn't give them regular light, yet Lagos then had light for 12 hours a day, Benin had for 22-24 hours ( at least in my office area of King Square and my house area around Etete new GRA).

Like the Jews, these phariseetic people thundered "crucify Jesus, give us Barnabass...yes, let his blood be on us and our children". It was stunning for me. I asked, "who has bewitched you " I told them, "buhari does not have the capacity for modern governance", "buhari doesn't have WASC", they said they would accept him if he brought NEPA certificate. NOW SEE WHERE WE ARE NO LIGHT, NO FUEL, NO JOB, INVESTORS ARE RUNNING AWAY, ELECTIONS ARE INCONCLUSIVE, THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME A PARIAH NATION! THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME RUDERLESS, WE ARE LIKE SHEEP LED TO THE SLAUGHTER...DAN Osa-Ogbegie

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by truthspeaks: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Yea it's true. They hv a vision of zero mega watt
Baawaa:
With time Nigeria will get there, because we have those that has vision on board

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Rick9(m): 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nigeria is the most usel*** country in the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Woman Meets Peter Obi, Sheds Tears Of Joy- Photos / Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.