Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898020 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Congrats leleti. Everything will go smoothly for you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
debby516:
Hello my people, for those who who have flown with Emirates to Houston through Dubai, pls did u request for a wheel chair? I also understand that i need all try types of fit to fly, Dr's own, d one on emirates website and d one from Port health. Pls confirm if my understanding is correct? Thank you.

went this route laSt wk in dec 2015. You only need the one from your doc. They don't accept port health. Thou u can print the one on their website for ur doc to fill and sign.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Quick Question for Visa Interview Appointment Pls.
Any advantage of choosing 7:30am vs 8:30am?
I see just 7 slots for 8:30am for my sis Im helping with. But I see 30 and 33 respectively for 7:30 and 8am. Dont know which to choose. I need tips for tricks etc grin
Thanks a lot
Daalu nu rinne!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
TripleKMama:
Quick Question for Visa Interview Appointment Pls.
Any advantage of choosing 7:30am vs 8:30am?
I see just 7 slots for 8:30am for my sis Im helping with. But I see 30 and 33 respectively for 7:30 and 8am. Dont know which to choose. I need tips for tricks etc grin
Thanks a lot
Daalu nu rinne!

I dont think there is any advantage over time. Most people might prefer to choose a later time so as not to be late for appointment. You cant predict traffic in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks aplenty! I eventually did 8:30 for her tho we're in Abuja. I appreciate your swift reply. I for don travel by dat time sef grin
Much Love.
mumdearest:

I dont think there is any advantage over time. Most people might prefer to choose a later time so as not to be late for appointment. You cant predict traffic in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
mabelkoko:
hi nairalanders, my name is mabel koko. i am new and i must confess reading through all this post made it look like i have been here forever. i have few questions as regards givng birth in the us, and even after reading all my questions hasnt been answered as my situation is slightly different from what has been stated here. i am on a studnet visa here is australia and in the process of getting my permanet residence here. my self and hubby have always dreamed of giving birth to our child in a country where they would become automatic citizens, we tried everything posible to do that here but it didnt work as there is a criteria here that you must complete 2 years of study as part of their requirement for permanent resisdency so if i have to give birth here, the child would be on a visa like me so we go still dey same category. so we started thinking about US so atleast after all myself, hubby and pickin go come back here gather hustle for PR as we would have done even if we birth here.
So my people, how do i go about this o, as i cannot tell them at the embassy that health system here(australia) is bad as i would have done if i was applying from nigeria. although we planned going for my husbands best friends wedding in november but with what i have read here about not lying and being straightfoward to avoid future refusal, then i dont know what to do?
what hospitals are best to use as my husabnds friend stays in New Jersey?
how much will it cost?
how do i go about it in general ?
Good you have been reading so this reply should be expected. Hospitals in NJ, cost and procedure is all this thread is about. It is a matter of research. Read truly and indepth. New jersey has been discussed here . Read the ist page on this thread for a general guide on how to go about the process.
Now as to the reason , most definitely you can't be advised to misrepresent. But Truly I dunno what else to be a reason to want to birth in the US. You can tell them its your dream or you want dual citizenship for your child to give him more opportunities. Its not a crime

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
Pls what of BA? Do dey need from Port Health? I learnt its from ur Dr they require. Pls epp.
mumzt:

went this route laSt wk in dec 2015. You only need the one from your doc. They don't accept port health. Thou u can print the one on their website for ur doc to fill and sign.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Im NJ-bound in few weeks but my hospital cost. Im going there cos thats where I have family support so it depends on what you value most. Im hoping for some discount if I pay all at once as they claim - but they didnt say the % discount.
Vaginal delivery: $8000; CS: $12,000; Dr's fee: $3600 Anesthesia: different levels ranging from$800-$1,800. Circumcision: $150.
Tests: around $300. All the best dear.
mabelkoko:
hi nairalanders, my name is mabel koko.
what hospitals are best to use as my husbands friend stays in New Jersey?
how much will it cost?
how do i go about it in general ?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
leleti:
Hello good people.so I apologise for my recent silence.especially after you all were so kind in your replies to me after I posted my broken leg dilemma. E mabinu brothers and sisters.So, quick recap- planned my trip to LA, sorted out Dr, hospital and accommodation, and then, a week to ttravel date, fell and broke my leg.Understandably, hubby and I were confused. Hubby put his foot down and cancelled the trip.Had to go on admission, with a full leg cast. After series of talks with both our parents, we decided
CBP- you can't do that.now looking angry
Me- I informed your embassy.its not illegal
CBP- ok. Stamps us both in, gives my aunt her passport, tells me to follow him.my aunt looked at me like she wanted to strangle me.the wheelchair guy kept saying you shouldn't have said that, you shouldn't have said that.i was suddenly very very calm.
We walked into what looked like a police station you see in the movies.he dropped my passport in a file, gave it to another officer.We waited 2 mind, the wheelchair guy o
Leleti! You are one super girl/woman. You mean say you carryied belle and broken leg enter obodo America for missionary journey.
When i dint hear from you again i thought you had jettisoned the idea o,only for me to now read that you have even landed self. Wish you all the best in your endeavour

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thank you, please how about the wheel chair request? Whats d distance within Dubai Airport and also at Houston airport? I dont get tired easily anyways, just want to have an idead, please
mumzt:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by superdoll: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
debby516:
Hello my people, for those who who have flown with Emirates to Houston through Dubai, pls did u request for a wheel chair? I also understand that i need all try types of fit to fly, Dr's own, d one on emirates website and d one from Port health. Pls confirm if my understanding is correct? Thank you.

modified

I am presently on board emirate (dubai -houston) . I only presented fit to fly from my doc and dey said its fine, only asked dt my doc shuld include my edd next time as he only wrote dt am 33wks, so u may want to get ur doc to include dt, even though it neva gave me issues. Am coming back wt my houston poe experience *wink*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello leleti, congrats on your POE.. Would also be using Dr Andrew.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello leleti, congrats on your POE.. Would also be using Dr Andrew. Would be traveling to Atlanta next month by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by asake85(f): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=BeckyU post=49671475]
Well prior to my journey, I used Western Union and Moneygram to send cash to my friend here in Houston. Used Access Bank. I under U can only do a total of 1k in a quarter or N328k.I did one in my name and another in my hubby 's name. In total I was able to send about 1880 dollars at approx at the rate of 365.5 including charges. All you need to do is fill out the form and have someone to pick cash from the other side. [/quot

Hello, please is there a limit to the number of times the receiver in the US cash western union
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
Where can I get a better PTA? which bank is Nigeria is issuing PTA at a cheaper rate. Plsssssss help!!!!!!! I can travel to any state in Nigeria to get it...Plsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! Helllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Farhat123: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hi, did any one give birth in Scripps Mercy San Diego hospital, california? I would appreciate if some one can provide an insight into estimated hospital/accommodation expenses.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
You are the best. Thank you so much for the info. Will follow up with my doctor.

bouqounmie:
The MEDIF form is required if u're traveling above 33wks for an uncomplicated singleton pregnancy, above 28wks for multiple pregnancy. And u're required to submit latest 48hrs before ur flight.
There's a fit to fly on their website that your doctor will sign if u're travelling before 33wks but they will still insist on port health fit to fly sha.
Had all three filled out (fit to fly from doc, medif and porthealth) and traveled at 32wks, but only d photocopies of d porthealth were collected and that was what i presented throughout my flight.
Hope this helps.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks slot. Will do exactly that

Dwebb55:

You'll most likely need all 3(fit to fly from Dr, filled medif form and port health). Note that you'll need to submit first 2, 48hrs prior to your departure and their calculation of weeks is different. For them 32 weeks is 31wks+1day, so be guided. You can't fly with them after 35 weeks ie 34wks+6days!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls what of BA? Do dey need from Port Health? I learnt its from ur Dr they require. Pls epp.
not sure about BA haven't flown dem while pregnant b4
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
debby516:
Thank you, please how about the wheel chair request? Whats d distance within Dubai Airport and also at Houston airport? I dont get tired easily anyways, just want to have an idead, please
I didn't use wheel chair at any point of my journey. My tommy wasn't so big and I was still very active wen I travelled. Distance in dubai depends on ur gate. In houston, airport was empty. Cldnt have bn dat long cos I can't rmbr anything abt d dist. Sorry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Toronto123: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
With Dollar over 430 how are you ladies funding your trip abi na only me waka come. So proud of you ladies

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
mumnadine:
you can send from diff banks more than once in a quarter was able to send from eco sky and union just dont tell dem u have used other bank 9it will fly pls dat one per quarter na story.lol how will d kwn if u have done it else wre.

It might not be once a quarter but there is a limited. If you send about three or more, the system would bring out the msg that you have exceed your limit cos it programmed to identify your I'd through the id number. So if you must send more than two, use another person's id. Again, if you send more than 4 _ 5 to one name, the western union people will send back to Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello wonderful pple...been a while. Had my LO exactly a month ago I have been extremely busy because I was hoping my mum was going to get into town and help but she actually feel ill same day she got in and got admitted (unexpected expenses) and all but that's all good now. Please I want to find out if they still allow ETC for baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 12:10am On Sep 27, 2016
Congrats leleti...You are a fighter, wish you God's favour all the way
Pls I need the contact of any reliable shipper in Atlanta
I had one contact who just disappointed me

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:19am On Sep 27, 2016
@ Leleti Well done, am happy you were able to get someone to follow you. God don catch Nef and Lady G wey dey apply for nanny job. 'oooobiiiii'.

@ TripplekMama; you may want to check out St Mary, Passaic NJ if its close enough to your accommodation, its cheaper. Look up Dr Fares.
I flew BA for my first missionary journey, you need the one from your doctor, it must expressly state that you are considered[b] fit to fly[/b], it should state gestational age, EDD, number of foetus and that pregnancy is uncomplicated.

@ Chikos; What about Moneygram? I have picked up 5 transfers on Moneygram this month from different people and I am expecting more, will they send it back?
Western Union is a bit of a challenge because it took me a while to find an outlet that would pay a transfer that originated from Nigeria. Also, I have less access to WU sef, MG is easier for me.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lahips: 3:36am On Sep 27, 2016
Who is watching the presidential debate with me oh. trump won't kill me. Pls someone bloody tell him to answer the question straight on.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:37am On Sep 27, 2016
Tanks a lot
happytbaby:
@ you need the one from your doctor, it must expressly state that you are considered[b] fit to fly, it should state gestational age, EDD, number of foetus and that pregnancy is uncomplicated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Keeps interrupting. So rude! Clinton is so calm
lahips:
Who is watching the presidential debate with me oh. trump won't kill me. Pls someone bloody tell him to answer the question straight on.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2016
Hi Oma92, I saw that you PMed me. I couldn't reply. I guess you have to follow me first or something. Or better still you can ask me here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2016
TripleKMama:

They require from your hospital. This was last year though. Not sure of recent requirement. But when i flew them they only asked for it in Nigeria. Like previous writers have suggested, go early and in case they reject your doctors' then you can quickly do another at port health.

regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chiowerri: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Ladies, i got a mail from DR. M of la office informng me of price increase at st francis. Vd 5100 and cs is 6600.

Please does anyone know if the centinela package of 3k for vd and 5k for cs is all inclusive. I would appreciate a breakdown from any centinela mama out there.

Very urgent please as i have already bought ticket for LA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Olalacious: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2016
Hi Kilan,

I live in UAE and had my baby in Houston early this year.

I got my VISA just when i was about 3months along. During the interview I wasnt asked if i was pregnant and at the time i had not finalized if i was going to give birth in the US so i there was no need to disclose this info.

I flew Delta via Atlanta to avoid Houston POE. Atlanta POE experience was a breeze..the CBP guy was even gisting with us.

All i can advise is to really research which city you want to stay, review the hospitals, seacrh for OB GYN attached to the hospitals, call and ask for self pay patients rates. get all the details, ask them to recommend accomodation around the hospital.

Houston is quite affordable...(in my opinion)

Wishing you the best...

kilam111:
Hi Good eve to all dear sis & members,
I'm a to be Jan-17 mom God willing (So far it is a normal 1st pregnancy without any complications),having B1/B2 multiple entrty visa till 2020(But not used it yet).currently living in UAE & wish a better passport(USA) for my baby..this is the only forum I hope to help & guide me.Pls

I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
If any1 from UAE have done it Pls PM me..
Regards & well wishes to all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.