Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900157 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
oniwoski:
Many thanks for your answers so far....planning on birthing in houston. Pls for the gurus...i have bout 300k left to complete my total estimated cost in my budget sheet and my interview is sooooo close....Kindly assist on how to answer if asked why by the vo cos i won't have the money until next month salary is paid...biko i need suggestion.....This thread is been amazingly helpful to me...thanks

I think it's advisable to have money excess of the estimated cost,hope you have other supporting accounts,if you do I don't think 300k shld not be a problem to the VO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
Just spoke with Dr M office now...
This sudden price change na wa oh. I had gotten the price for centinella earlier but I think that st Fs may still be cheaper on the long run.

One advantage St f had for me is the no "surprise" charges...

The C hospital offers 3k for VD sans cost of paediatrician, anaesthesiologist and tests... so one is not sure of the total bill

Please can anyone who has used the C hospital tell us the total bill paid?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by abbyt(f): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
jayoy:
Hi house! If u need PTA via travelex on Monday 3rd @MMI, pm me too.. will sell @386.
jayoy:
Hi house! If u need PTA via travelex on Monday 3rd @MMI, pm me too.. will sell @386.

Pls mam.. I will need the pta pls. Can u pls send a mail to fholarsmiles@Gmail. Com.. or u can drop your mail. I will mail you right away. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
If u stay in Abuja, I suggest u carry ur belle go dia o! Dey also told me dat 1wk story but i squeeze face,beg. Truth is I'm already looking harassed,plus work stress. So dey attended to me. I'll find out d current rate. Don't know anytin abt ndi Lagos. Welldone ladies. D struggle is real.
mummykoko:
@ triplemama, is Lagos travelex giving PTA? I called Abuja office and was told dollar is no longer available. kindly plssss urgently help out. I will be travelling next month and Abuja office promised giving me a week to my departure. earnestly waiting to hear frm u. tnks.

TOo the general house any info on the way forward?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by abbyt(f): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
[quote author=whitetiger511 post=49718570]Who needs extra pta? I'm travelling next week, and can apply for pta from travelex, but I really don't need it, I'll sell it to you at 400. We meet up at the airport, you transfer to travelex, and the extra to me and get your dollars. If you're interested follow me, and I'll send you a pm back.

Thank you.[/quit

Hello.. Can u pls send an email to fholarsmiles@Gmail. Com.. thanks.. I have followed U
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ninja tinz.
Congrats mama!

veleta:
To God be the glory,i had my baby boy yesterday at St Francis and Dr M was around to take the delivery .He was so professional and confirmed the hospital increment.The hospital was initially owned by Catholics,the Franciscan hence, the subsidized bill but was sold lately.
Wishing other pregnant mothers safe delivery. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tjelta: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
MO HIDDEM COST, JUST 3K
Fyorgyn:
This sudden price change na wa oh. I had gotten the price for centinella earlier but I think that st Fs may still be cheaper on the long run.

The C hospital offers 3k for VD sans cost of paediatrician, anaesthesiologist and tests... so one is not sure of the total bill

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
In the spirit of giving back . I am now back in Nigeria . I had my baby at renown hospital Reno . They have an ob/gynae package .goes as follows for CS and vagina delivery

Hospital fees : 6025 for 3 days stay and 3900 for vaginal

Doctor fees :300 dollars for CS and 150 for vaginal

Prenatal fees 800 dollars ;which include prenatal care , all lab work ( I did plenty .. Doesn't matter how many you do ) ,perinatologist referral ,ultrasound (2maximum), diagnostic testing and non stress test .

Circumcision fee: 200 dollars

Pediatrician fee: 100 dollars ( 2 visits at birth and at 2 weeks ... Includes all newborn test which is done twice ).

Anasthesia : 1500 but with self pay discount 1080
So I paid a total of 8050 for a cesarean section .

Thanks and I am open to questions . God bless all the mamas

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
One more thing you don't get to chose your doctor ... It's whatever doctor is on duty that sees you .

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
whitetiger511:
Who needs extra pta? I'm travelling next week, and can apply for pta from travelex, but I really don't need it, I'll sell it to you at 400. We meet up at the airport, you transfer to travelex, and the extra to me and get your dollars. If you're interested follow me, and I'll send you a pm back.

Thank you.

You want to sell $4000 you bought from Travelex at N360 and sell at N400 per dollar? That means you make easy 160k gaming the system? Small time you will Shout politicians are thieves? Why won't dollar rate keep going up when economic buccaners like you keep gaming the system.
Hope when Buhari comes up with a policy that stops the selling of PTA to Travellers, you won't join the crowd to shout Buhari is bad, because you guys caused it!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Youre absolutely spot on.
1- i was made to pay for the hospital paediatrician visit when i went for baby follow up at the paediatricians office.
2- after leaving town, C hospital sent me a ridiculously huge bill (above 3k) for epidural/ anaesth.

Fyorgyn:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nnystc:
Youre absolutely spot on.
1- i was made to pay for the hospital paediatrician visit when i went for baby follow up at the paediatricians office.
2- after leaving town, C hospital sent me a ridiculously huge bill (above 3k) for epidural/ anaesth.

Thanks for this nnystc... really appreciate.

I called the C hospital today sef and was not impressed with their customer service...

Oh dear... I guess we'd have to carry our crosses... after all nobody send us message... lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
I taya o. And traveling next week too... I'm truly interested but not at that rate. I will refund ya transport fare grin
Abuleoshi:

You want to sell $4000 you bought from Travelex at N360 and sell at N400 per dollar? That means you make easy 160k gaming the system? Small time you will Shout politicians are thieves? Why won't dollar rate keep going up when economic buccaners like you keep gaming the system.
Hope when Buhari comes up with a policy that stops the selling of PTA to Travellers, you won't join the crowd to shout Buhari is bad, because you guys caused it!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by powermike9999: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
They squeezed face @ d online boarding pass but guess it wasnt illegal just d naija gragra,with DW big belle dey let go even after lil raking. U must also take ur passport along&have ur funds handy.
My personal advice,go early in d morning like 9am,u will get it latest by 12pm. U can return home to freshen up b4 u return 4 ur flight,Dats wht ma wifey did. As per EURO i dont know.

Mille:
powermike9999 , Please sir, I have a few questions concerning travelex. I'm travelling tomorrow and I haven't even got the needed forex.

1. Is the online boarding pass generally accepted?

2. Is there any other requirement other than flight ticket and boarding pass?

3. My flight time is 8pm. Any suggestion on when to go so as to beat the long queue?

4. Any idea if they sell euro too and at what rate?

Anyone with an answer can also please contribute.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Are u in Tx? Pls lemmie give u a Bank of America acct to pay it in while I credit your naira acct here. Is d offer still on? At what rate? cool kiss grin
Amother4life:
Good day all,
Anybody in Houston in need of dollars?
PM me i need naira for something urgently. Scammers stay away!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Divinefavrite: 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
Amother4life:
Good day all,
Anybody in Houston in need of dollars?
PM me i need naira for something urgently. Scammers stay away!

Hello Amother4life
I am in houston and I need dollars, please what's your rate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Toh, thot I was the only one that saw it this way.
Naija, we are our own enemies!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Yels: 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
@whitetiger511: I'm interested. PM @ stifonel@yahoo.co.uk lets talk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
@Oga Justwise, weldone o. I posted details of the hospital that I used in Michigan in response to someone's request here, but d post was removed. Yet I'm seeing posts made by pple with full hospital details here. Why do some posts get deleted and others don't?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 12:41am On Sep 28, 2016
For U.S. to Nigeria calls, it's looking like Rebtel and Boss Rev won't be as cheap anymore. See attachments.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 12:42am On Sep 28, 2016
oniwoski:
Many thanks for your answers so far....planning on birthing in houston. Pls for the gurus...i have bout 300k left to complete my total estimated cost in my budget sheet and my interview is sooooo close....Kindly assist on how to answer if asked why by the vo cos i won't have the money until next month salary is paid...biko i need suggestion.....This thread is been amazingly helpful to me...thanks

My dear trust God for favor. My hubby's colleague and his wife went to the embassy with just $3000 in their account for childbirth. The Vo gave them the visa but adviced them to build up the account before they go to avoid issues at the POE.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 2:29am On Sep 28, 2016
Haaahaaaa!! This cracked me up big time!! Lool
Toronto123:
With Dollar over 430 how are you ladies funding your trip abi na only me waka come. So proud of you ladies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 3:56am On Sep 28, 2016
Please did anyone just board emirate from the u.s to Nigeria. I want to ask if they check in stroller&car seat for free plus diaper bag or its part of the baby's luggage.
Called emirate they are giving me conflicting answers.
Have got twin stroller and their bed before I have too much excess luggage
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 4:25am On Sep 28, 2016
@Teeteek, yeah I forgot the drug but have another one. Hope you are doing great
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2016
temyb:
Please did anyone just board emirate from the u.s to Nigeria. I want to ask if they check in stroller&car seat for free plus diaper bag or its part of the baby's luggage.

Your stroller + car seat is free. Diaper bag too, it does not constitute part of baby's 23kg. Your diaper bag should not be checked in, it shld be baby's hand luggage. Also, give them the stroller+car seat at the door of the aircraft and request to av it bak in dubai if u av a long transit. This will make things easy for you.

How are the twinnies doin? I can imagine the victorious welcome that awaits them! All the best dear

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 5:50am On Sep 28, 2016
Lady Guinivere ,

Na you I specifically enter here come greet.. Howdy? Been a while... take care.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 6:13am On Sep 28, 2016
temyb:

It's free. Diaper bag too is part of baby's hand luggage

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2016
modath:

Lady Guinivere ,

Na you I specifically enter here come greet.. Howdy? Been a while... take care.
Nwanne it haff been a while indeed. We bless God for life. How una de? U jus go on the down low! cheesy

Veleta congrats and thank God for safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2016
Our bundle of joy has just arrived, Dr. F took the delivery at Houston Methodist. Mother and child are doing great. Would post details of the bill once received.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mille: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2016
Thank you TripleKMama and powermike9999 for your answers . And also sorry for invading your thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.