Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897989 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mrsfad2014:
. Please I need accommodation in Atlanta too. Can anyone help us out. It's urgent. Am due to travel in few weeks time.
Mrs fad welcome back again cheesy airbnb or these extended Stay places will be you best bet, check out the apartments on airbnb the ones close to the doctors & hospital you intend using, cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChyG: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello house. Please does anyone know of any affordable hospital in Oregon? I've been on the search for more than a year now... I've got family there. Things would be a lot easier for me if I use a hospital within Oregon. Kindly help a sister pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
Millzyte:
Hello ight this time......

Ques: What are the things i am not allowed to travel with? with regards to food stuffs and all
Is there any info anyone would like to share with me; that would ease my journey
The list is long and we have discussed and dusted. Me specifically.
DH doesn't want me to travel with a lot of cash he wants me to access it through my card. Pls can i tell them i am paying with my card, if they ask at the POE?
yes u can. Ensure u print the statement.
U shld worry about even getting d little u can lay ur hands on first... Before ur DH shld worry about u carrying plenty cash

(I applied for PTA with access bank through the help of someone and he said it can only be accessible via my card; hence they aint giving cash
. Just like I said above.. Get the money first if u can
Please does someone know where i can buy my baby things in houston texas at a very good rate?
when u get there see for urself o. Cos their sales are at different periods
Does anyone know where i can also get dollar in Lagos at a good rate? Called Travelex and they said they don't have; but i could get the day i am travelling after i have collected my boarding pass..
For travelex u can only get on d day of travelling... And that's under probability.

Please i dey find where i fit get dollar oooooo help a sis somborri because black mkt rate is crazy.
u see why i said ur DH shld worry about u get even small dollars first before worrying about u getting a too much to travel with.
Cos u r entitled to only $4k and that's all. Any other one u wanna get is black market.

Your prompt response is much anticipated. Kissesss from me to you guys

Beautiful Mommas in Houston we can all hook up if you want...
Good luck with ur dollar hunt. I wish u d best.
U better hug the access card u r sure of and forget travellex... Cos that's isn't even a sure thing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
ChyG:
Hello house. Please does anyone know of any affordable hospital in Oregon? I've been on the search for more than a year now... I've got family there. Things would be a lot easier for me if I use a hospital within Oregon. Kindly help a sister pls.

I remember "swappylove" saying she had her 2nd baby in Portland Oregon and that it wasn't cheap at all all o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
I am yet to find out, think it's btwn $300 - $390 sha.

Ifemi2016:

Thanks for the information shared.
Pls how much was the fee for Nigeria Visa processed my Tanko.

regards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Just get it here if you can except it's malaria medication that you need. DH used 20kNGN to UPS meds that did not cost up to 5kNGN and then he had to get prescription for it due to US food and drug rules! When it got here, they asked for another $25 for taxes before they could release the meds to me ooo! I carry my "kaya" waka fast oooo! Luckily, we were able to get another set of meds brought in thru his friend which proved useful cos my mum was a bit down when she got here and I just told her right away to use those drugs after the nurses at home recommended some pain killers and fever drugs that did little. Long story short, the malaria drugs worked and she was back on her feet shortly after she used it!

Whenever you are travelling from Nig to obodo-oyinbo for some months stay, I would always recommend having malaria drugs cos some MDs here dnt understand how to treat the illness called "malaria". I experienced it in UK and some peeps here have family members who have experienced it too!

Eriolaoluwa:
Hello house,
Is anybody travelling to Houston USA next week. ....I need urgent assistance. ....I left my antibiotics and analgesic in Nigeria. ....FedEx and Dhl are being impossible. ......they want me to get a prescription here and scan to Nigeria......and cost of medicals here is crazy.......please I need them in USA urgently.......im ready to pay........

Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Divinefavrite: 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
moyomola22:
Pls and pls can you email me tankos number abeg sir.quote author=gratefulalways post=48392545]Hi All,

Sorry I couldn’t post for a while. My DW & LO returned home many weeks ago. Thank God the journey went well. The breakdown of all bills paid (for CS) are:

Oakbend (Hospital fees): $3625
Dr F (Fees & Tests): $3150
NICS: $551.62
Epidural: $950 (Only got a Zero Balance Statement by email. No receipt was issued)
Brown & Associates: $208
Pediatrician Visit: $75
* DW cancelled hearing test
Baby’s ticket on Lufthansa: $444

BC came out 3 days after discharge. DW paid $23 for 1 copy

SSN Card came in the post 1 week after delivery.

I notarized the consent form at the US Embassy in Abuja & sent to DW by DHL immediately after baby was born.

US passport was expedited $165 (Same day collection as DW had booked appointment on phone)
Naija visa was processed by Tanko. It took 3 days via express mail.

We thank God for His faithfulness and loving-kindness and this is wishing everyone on this forum God’s blessings and He will definitely intervene in everyone’s situation & grant each and everyone favour in Jesus name.

Please Bros, can you send me Tanko's number, I'm in houston and will soon put to bed. Will need to use him biko. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Divinefavrite: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=gratefulalways post=48392545]Hi All,

Naija visa was processed by Tanko. It took 3 days via express mail.

@gratefulalways,
Please can u kindly send me Tanko's number as I will soon put to bed and will be needing his services. In houston using Dr E.of Oakbend. Plenty thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChyG: 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
dere5:

I remember "swappylove" saying she had her 2nd baby in Portland Oregon and that it wasn't cheap at all all o

Thanks dear. I think I've also seen that post. I just hope I'll get info on cheaper rates. I paid almost $2,500 for 3 prenatal visits, blood works and scan at a hospital in Portland. That was last year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
phummy2:

I had my baby at eastside medical center 4 days ago. You can call the hospital for them to give you a list of the obgyns affiliated with them and do your research. In the meantime, search for Gwinnett obgyn and st Theresas obgyn and follow up.

Hello there. Please can u give me an idea how much the delivery cost you. I hope to give birth in atlanta and its twins and will like an idea of the full cost I.e hospital, doctor and paediatric care. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
cutie333:
Good morning every one.
I arrived Atlanta safely on the 24th of July in the evening.

I flew in with Qatar airway, 7hrs to Doha, 7 hrs layover and 14 hrs from Doha to ATL.
In MMA I was asked to go to port health for another fit to fly. even after submission at their office. The nurse wrote 32 weeks instead of 34 which helped in making sure i was not required to provide doctors report again.
They collected 2 copies at the airport in MMA, siezed my palm oil and the journey began.
In Doha I was asked if I was pregnant and i told them yes and was referred to another immigration]I officer which spent about 8mins asking what am going to do in the us.
I told him I was going to have my baby he asked to see my receipts, Docs correspondences and asked how much cash I had with me. We ended up gisting about epidural and why women just like to have kids the easy way. After about 8mins I was on my way with my 8yr old daughter that kept on telling him she does not want to miss her flight.lol
we boarded the plain and sat for 14 hrs to ATL, it was a very long flight.
food and drinks were flowing and lots of freebies for the kids.
when we got to the airport in 10mins i was at immigration desk

officer; what are you here for
me; to have my baby, do some shopping for my daughter and visit family
officer; how much do u have
Me;9k dollars and I have paid my hospital bill, do you want to see the cash
officer; no, let me see the proof of payment, when are you due?
my daughter asked him where the rest room was and kept on telling me she was pressed and needed to go now
me. told him when i was due, handed over the reciepts, tried calming my daughter down
officer; i can see you have a hand full. he tried to pronounce her name. stamped us in for 6months and showed us the nearest rest room.
all was done in less than 5mins.
on our way out we were refered to agricultre where my egusi was siezed. reason was that it was not grinded.
in less than 10mins we were on out of the airport.

thanks to Almighty God that made this possible and all the wonderful people that have made this tread very educative and helpful. God bless you all.
I intended to move my appointment with dr valisia andrews forward since i came in earlier than planned.
mamas using northside hospital and dr. valisia that are already in ATL pls lets hook up

Thanks everyone.

Hello dear I'm sure u are back to naija. Please can I hav an idea what ur bill was like after everything I. E hospital, paediatric and doctor or anything else. Thanks very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Winib2:
@Zayt, sorry am new here and still not used to sending pm's or getting further details on posts.

I contacted the Gwinnett med centre and they gave me a bill of $10k excluding doctors fees which a 40% discount is given if a deposit of 6K is made earlier.

Please how did you get negotiate the cost to $3400?
Hello dear. Please were you get in contact with the doctor and hospital she used. Won't mind going there

Hello dear. Please were you get in contact with the doctor and hospital she used. Won't mind going there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
zayt:
Hello everyone, in the spirit of giving back pls find below my journey so far..I'm sorry this is coming late but I hope it's helpful.
This is my second missionary journey to give birth so as usual I contacted the same hospital and doctor. Gwinnett Medical Center and doctor oduro.(atlanta)
First let me begin with my POE xperience. There were no hassles at all. Spent about 5mins on the queue before I was called. Interview was as follows:
Cbp officer: hi, passport pls
Me: hands over passport
Cbp: what are u here for?
Me: to have my baby
Cbp: I can see you had your first here. Are u using the same hospital and doctor.
Me: yes and I paid a deposit...
Cbp: (interupts) it's ok. You mentioned u have food items what kind?
Me: yes. Egusi, ogbono, garri etc.
Cbp: how much cash do u have on u?
Me: 12k
Cbp: (hands over passport) and asks if atlanta is my last destination or if I intend to leave town.
Me: no this is my only destination.
Cbp: ok have a nice day.

Went and got my bags I wasn't referred to agriculture and secndary inspection however on my way out I was sent to secondary inspection by a random officer. On getting there I saw about 5 Nigerians all seated and waiting. In my mind I was like oh God this pple will waste my time. Only for my name to be called barely a minute after getting there. They asked what I came for, how much I have and asked to see the money. Then I was given a form to fill, asked howfar I was and that was it. Was handed my passport and I left.
Went to doctor oduro's office the next day which was a Monday and was told I'm 36weeks and not 35 like I thought. All the same I was happy as I wanted the baby out as soon as possible.
Three weeks later I put to bed a baby boy. I was induced though. Everything went well and as planned and I was discharged the next day.

Got my baby's birth cert 6days later(had to go pick it up at vital records office)
Hospital bill total was 3400 for mum and baby (this is after the 30percent discount I was given for paying a deposit of 6k dollars. I was given a cheque for 2600 a refund for the balance.
Doctor oduro's fee was 2150. (he accepted all my tests and doctors report from naija so I dint have to pay any additional fees for tests
Circumcision was 250
First paediatric visit was 140 dollars.
Naija passport was gotten same day. Paid 95dollars I think. Not sure. It was hubby that went to pay but I heard 95 or there abt.
Then yanki passport was gotten a week after the application we expedited it and paid 169 a the post offce in down town atl.
Social security also came a week later via mail.

So just waiting for my post parfum visit wt Dr. Oduro and one more visit to the paediatrician wt baby and I'm done and heading to naija.

Sorry for the long epistle.
Wish all the mama's in the house a smooth and hassle free xperience on this journey.

Thanks for this info. Please can I get your doctors contact info. Will really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
Tawababy you've been quoting people's posts up and down since, I can see you intend going to Atlanta, use the search box mama's that have put to bed there have put a detailed breakdown if you can't find that use Google it is everyone's friend, buy recharge card call these hospitals call doctors office yourself find out even new hospitals,
Because we can't research hospitals and doctors will hike their fees, you're spending you hard earned naira in this fx rogbodiyan please use Google and help yourself. Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
Which hospital are u using, it depends so u don't stay so far away from your hospital.

OTAIBAYOMIOLORU:
Hey sisters in the house am new here but I need your assistance urgently I just got here in Atlanta Georgia to give birth staying with a relative for a week now but I don't think this will end well at all ,she complain about everything and I don't want us to end up been an enemy after discussing with my hubby he suggested that I should find another accommodation that I can pay for and have a peace of mind .So I want to know if anyone know of any place in Atlanta Georgia I can use that is affordable please I need to move immediately if possible please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
not sure Tanko dem process Visa o! They just give instructions on how to apply, daris all. Will call my contact in NIS about visa on arrival jare. Those toasters when u need them, he better b very helpful now!

jinglesbaby:
I am yet to find out, think it's btwn $300 - $390 sha.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
jinglesbaby:
not sure Tanko dem process Visa o! They just give instructions on how to apply, daris all. Will call my contact in NIS about visa on arrival jare. Those toasters when u need them, he better b very helpful now!

Don't be deceived! U can't get visa on arrival. Tanko and co are the ones who process the visa on your behalf at Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
ai100:
Try typing Atlanta hospitals in the search button you will see various hospital that has been discussed with prices

I am in Atlanta and i intend using DeKalb medical center closer to where i stay. Wanted to Use Northside. If you will be staying with a relative ask which hospitals are closer.

Please what is or was your total bill like. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
jinglesbaby:

they do process visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/29/us/new-jersey-hoboken-train-crash/

Hello house,
With all the disturbing news coming out of Hoboken, NJ as at this morning... I hope all the NY/NJ mamas and their loved ones are staying safe!

I wish you all Godspeed and His absolute protection at this time IJN.

#Kizzez#

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Tawababy:

Please what is or was your total bill like. Thanks

This your style is called spamming the thread and you won't get anytin out of it!

Did u even read ai100's post She said she intends using, yet you are askin of total bill...smh!

Read thru previous threads, a lot of people av used hospitals in Atlanta

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Bisoye82:

Reno? As in close to Las Vegas grin grin grin Gambler lomo grin
What's accommodation rate like?

I stayed with family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Eriolaoluwa: 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
God bless you ma.....

I brought some.....but some things came up here....

Also @feddy27......I will not want to disclose how much I have spent on doctors visit......but it's definitely not 200usd.......And still the same issue.....have tried everyother means to no avail

Getting it from Nigeria is my only option now.....since their treatment here is just causing me more issues

Thanks for the response and concern
jinglesbaby:
Just get it here if you can except it's malaria medication that you need. DH used 20kNGN to UPS meds that did not cost up to 5kNGN and then he had to get prescription for it due to US food and drug rules! When it got here, they asked for another $25 for taxes before they could release the meds to me ooo! I carry my "kaya" waka fast oooo! Luckily, we were able to get another set of meds brought in thru his friend which proved useful cos my mum was a bit down when she got here and I just told her right away to use those drugs after the nurses at home recommended some pain killers and fever drugs that did little. Long story short, the malaria drugs worked and she was back on her feet shortly after she used it!

Whenever you are travelling from Nig to obodo-oyinbo for some months stay, I would always recommend having malaria drugs cos some MDs here dnt understand how to treat the illness called "malaria". I experienced it in UK and some peeps here have family members who have experienced it too!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Had my baby girl yesterday...
Hospital: WHMC
Will post my total bill later,when all bills come in,just for updates purpose as a lot of people have already dropped that info here
....on to baby's documents
#missionaryjourneyalmostcomplete
#nairalandalumni2016inabit grin

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OTAIBAYOMIOLORU: 5:32am On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=feddy27 post=49759938]

Check extended stays eg intown suites[/quote Thanks for helping I eventually settle for a home in Gwinnett county, I checked out the extended stay too I just don't want to be by myself in this boring country with no family.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:51am On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=OTAIBAYOMIOLORU post=49789103][/quote]

Great! Thank God u've settled in well. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2016
My dearest sister (Nnytsc) from another mother!!!!Thank you so much for everything and I bless God for a forum like this.Otherwise,I might not hv e-known you.lol. All your step by step guide has really helped me in this journey o.May God bless and guide you too in every and any step you take in life...
At this juncture, having helped one another without knowing one another from Adam, I think all 2016uscitizenmothers should hook up somewhere, someday in Naija and of course bringing along our Loving UScitizens.Iol.It will really be nice having a face to the monikers in this particular thread...#nairalanduscitizenmothers2016
Nnystc:
Herrik066,
You're right.
WIC is Women Infants and Children program for free food and healthcare for residents only.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a federal assistance program of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for healthcare and nutrition of low-income pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and infants and children under 5 years.
And there are requirements for joining WIC. For any of us to join, we will need to tell some lies, like family income, residency status, etc.
Some registration centers are lax in registering members and may not ask for much documentation. BUT the warning given to our brothers and sisters at their visa interviews recently should guide us... We may be "pressured" into accepting state funded assistance (of any kind). LET'S JUST SAY NO.

Dear Earlybird81, Pls run in the opposite direction, and explain why to your host.
The Best Thing is to hurry up with your journey and return home, in case the pressure of more mouths to feed is bearing down on host and they are unable to tell you explicitly.
God's blessings on you!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2016
HI Otaibayomioloru, pls email me ur number so we can hoOK up, am also to be Atlanta mom adhezekiah@gmail.com

quote author=OTAIBAYOMIOLORU post=49789103][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:29am On Sep 30, 2016
Hilarious!
Earlybird81:

I think all 2016uscitizenmothers should hook up somewhere, someday in Naija and of course bringing along our Loving UScitizens.Iol.It will really be nice having a face to the monikers in this particular thread...#nairalanduscitizenmothers2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.