Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1012713 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 6:30am On May 05, 2016
GrandCommander:

I like ur enthusiasm. U go read tire ehn...ur eye go burst.... grin

Nahhh I have at least 6 months to do that and learn
I'm taking my time, not in a rush wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:50am On May 05, 2016
Please some1 help me,since yesterday i v bn crying out loud..my course is a subdiscipline of engineering but in the IM1294,in d field selection category,dr is no option for engineering..im goin 4 wireless communications.. which do i select in that field? Computing/IT or applied science...please ppl help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kaybee13: 7:29am On May 05, 2016
Please house, what should I do. Have paid for the tuition fees for past 3week and I have not received any information from the school ( Seneca college ). Can I proceed on anything.
What next after payment. Please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 7:34am On May 05, 2016
casie26:
Please some1 help me,since yesterday i v bn crying out loud..my course is a subdiscipline of engineering but in the IM1294,in d field selection category,dr is no option for engineering..im goin 4 wireless communications.. which do i select in that field? Computing/IT or applied science...please ppl help
Someone has answered your question, your are ask to choose applied science, that's same as engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by temzybabe(f): 7:37am On May 05, 2016
Giov:
can I pm you?
give me your addy let me message you. I don't receive pms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 7:42am On May 05, 2016
kaybee13:

Please house, what should I do. Have paid for the tuition fees for past 3week and I have not received any information from the school ( Seneca college ). Can I proceed on anything.
Have u call or mail the school to confirm the receipt of your payment?
2. Do you have the telex copy from the bank?
If your answer is yes to the two questions, u can proceeds to apply for you TRV provided all other document are already.
#my2cent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sisiyen: 7:53am On May 05, 2016
Goodmorning House.... Tho have read through Part10... Have'nt really gotten the answers i need. I have a BSc in Micro Biology...And A Masters In Marketing&Commmunications from an European school.
a. can i go for a more specialized program related to wat I did at master but at college level.

b. Is it possible to go for a second masters in Canada

c. And if i go for a PHD program...Do i get a PR after the completion of my program and able to work??
Patiently waiting for a reply. Thanks Guys. kiss kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 8:01am On May 05, 2016
HE DID AN AFFIDAVIT STATING THAT 2.9m IS SET ASIDE FOR MY TUITION AND LIVING EXPENSES FOR A YEAR FROM THE 4.075M....hE HAS OTHER ACCOUNTS WITH OTHER BANKS....HAS PROPERTIES THAT HE RECEIVES RENT FROM...IS HE SUPPOSE TO GIVE ME THE BANK STATEMENTS OF ALL HIS OTHER ACCOUNTS JUST TO PROVE THERE IS ENOUGH MONEY??tHE SCHOOL REQUIRED 18000CAD PER YEAR...
Kriss77:

to me...d SOA balance is low...and beside u don't expect ur dad to spend all d N4m on u alone...cos he'll obviously need money to maintain himsef..and will probably need to spend on ur younger bro....
jst like u said...ur youger ones attends expensive schools....where is d money!!!!....d properties and asset u re talking about is an added value....buh the VO will want to make decision on d available fund and nt on properties..

Pls let ur dad boost dat account real good!!!
my advice ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkkyviviana: 8:13am On May 05, 2016
I want to study and get my master degree in newfound land in memorial university, I would like to know what I need to do to get the admission plus visa into Canada, cost of living there and cost of education for my 3kids cause I intend to come along with them to study. Am currently working and would like to take a study leave for 2yrs for this. How much is the tuition fees like in memorial university
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dhola: 8:15am On May 05, 2016
metrecube:

I got admission to Conestoga. Pm me, I will direct you on how to make d payment. Its not as difficult as you are saying it. Only your debit card is needed on their portal.

Please i am interested too cos i was to pay my school fees and im going to conestoga
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 8:19am On May 05, 2016
pheebe:

Company account 9m, personal savings 4m, sponsors are parents and it a private owned company.

That seems more than enough, however did u submit all documents to show proof of funds and also how many dependants does he have. While we can only make assumptions I will suggest u request for ur gscm file so as to know what the VO thought while assessing ur documents.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 8:21am On May 05, 2016
kaybee13:

Has ur account been debited here and also did u send them a scanned copy of the telex. While u wait u can gather all d remaining documents u need.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 8:26am On May 05, 2016
nkkyviviana:
I want to study and get my master degree in newfound land in memorial university, I would like to know what I need to do to get the admission plus visa into Canada, cost of living there and cost of education for my 3kids cause I intend to come along with them to study. Am currently working and would like to take a study leave for 2yrs for this. How much is the tuition fees like in memorial university

Hello, No one can completely answer ur question, just make Google ur friend. Concerning the tuition fee and admission requirement you can get that from the schools website while for the visa u can make out time to read most part of this thread say from part 7 or 8. All the best !!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rallymento(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2016
Getting someone from the US to pay ones tuition, How detrimental will it be to the application for a study permit?

Feedback urgently needed..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 9:11am On May 05, 2016
damisakin:
Use Worldremit it goes directly into the person's account in nigeria and you can use your debit card avoid using your credit card current rate is 1cad to 230 naira

Thanks for your input..

Pls where is their office in Regina?

Or is it an application?

Google didn't help me enough..

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolfa(m): 9:26am On May 05, 2016
SmithHumble50:

Go to worldremit.com and create an account

Thanks for your input..

Or is it an application?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sisiyen: 9:26am On May 05, 2016
Goodmorning House.... Tho have read through Part10... Have'nt really gotten the answers i need. I have a BSc in Micro Biology...And A Masters In Marketing&Commmunications from an European school.
a. can i go for a more specialized program related to wat I did at master but at college level.

c. And if i go for a PHD program...Do i get a PR after the completion of my program and able to work??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 9:31am On May 05, 2016
Broda SmithHumble50 see am for here jooor: https://www.worldremit.com/en/how-it-works

And na from google I get am o.

SmithHumble50:

Thanks for your input..

Or is it an application?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 9:34am On May 05, 2016
splendidbabs:

Someone has answered your question, your are ask to choose applied science, that's same as engineering.
@splendidbabs
Hmmmm I'm doung a simmilar course as his i guess i picked the wrong option then (comp/IT) never saw the science , applied option, hope it won't affect my application though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 9:38am On May 05, 2016
rallymento:
Getting someone from the US to pay ones tuition, How detrimental will it be to the application for a study permit?

Feedback urgently needed..

No big deal...i did dat too...buh if u have a way of explaining dat to d VO...u can do...
cos dats d faster payment method...instead of going to 9ja banks where dey place u on queue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chucksbadt(m): 9:52am On May 05, 2016
Good morning house, quite late on this. Please where can i search for schools in Canada whose deadline have not elapsed for winter session. Applying for Msc Computer science/Information Technology?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ohammed199(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2016
Nice One Bro...... Glass Of Henessy Up For This.....

Cannie BOYA At Last...

hayqinsbFX:
Thanks everyone
These are the documents i submitted.

Proof of Funds ( in the order i uploaded them)
Letter of Sponsorship from Dad
Birth certificate
Notarised affidavit of sponsorship and asset declaration
Dads company SOA (1.4M)
Fixed deposit investment of 10M
CAC of company
Tax clearance of company
Letter of introduction from Dads company stating I volounteered with them between Cct 2014- Oct 2015 and i am a director and a heir to it
CAC 7 of company showing im a director
Letter of award of different construction projects from about 2000 -date (just chose the ones that get better contract sum)
Proof of several properties (scanned just the survey plans)

Me
LOA of Fanshawe college to study PGC construction management
Degree certificate (dec 2014) civil engineering
University statement of result
Waec certificate (2008)
Nysc call up letter (Ocyober 2015)
Nysc posting letter
Neference letter from Nysc PPA (addressed to whom it may concern that i am a serving corper )
Letter of explanation
Letter of consent from MUM

Thats pretty much all...
NB I havent paid tuition, I didnt submit police clearance, i didnt include transcripts....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by temzybabe(f): 10:01am On May 05, 2016
chucksbadt:
Good morning house, quite late on this. Please where can i search for schools in Canada whose deadline have not elapsed for winter session. Applying for Msc Computer science/Information Technology?
http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 10:06am On May 05, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Broda SmithHumble50 see am for here jooor: https://www.worldremit.com/en/how-it-works

And na from google I get am o.

Thanks General
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 10:10am On May 05, 2016
casie26:

It's seems you are really in a dilemma.. If your program is engineering, select APPLIED SCIENCE but if it's not engineering, select COMPUTING/I.T...BETTER STILL, I will suggest you visit the school website to check their programs..That will tell you whether your course is engineering or not.

BUT IF YOU ARE 100% CERTAIN THAT YOUR COURSE IS A SUBDISCIPLINE OF ENGINEERING, MY BROTHER DON'T HESITATE TO SELECT APPLIED SCIENCE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 10:31am On May 05, 2016
Sisiyen:

I can't really give you a concise answer to questions 'a and b'

C: going for a PhD doesn't automatically qualify you for a PR. It takes some series of steps..

1. You are qualified to extend your stay by applying for a work permit 90days before the expiry date on your study permit.

2. In order to qualify for a PR status, you must have gained at least a year of full time Canadian work experience.
NOTE: the full time/part time work experienced you gained during the course of your program/study won't be accepted as a FULL TIME CANADIAN WORK EXPERIENCE. It must be after your program.

3. Qualifying for PR through your graduate program is categorized under the CANADIAN EXPERIENCED CLASS and your invitation to apply is highly dependent on the points you are able to accrue out of the total 1200... The easiest way (though not that easy due to the competition) to gain 600points out of d total 1200 is either of the following:

3a. PROVINCIAL NOMINATION
3b. A FULL TIME JOB OFFER FROM A COMPANY
NOTE: 3b is not ordinary job offer... The company must be willing to write a letter to CIC informing them that they are ready to offer you A FULL TIME JOB OFFER if you get the PR..

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

NOTE :
Full Time:30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part Time:15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Or
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

I hope I have answered your third question accurately. grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 11:07am On May 05, 2016
HELLO all,
Pls i want to ask what are the chances of one who applied for PGD in project management to get visa because i am thinking if IT course will increase my chance than project management..

Pls your suggestion and contribution is needed. I want to apply to Conestoga collge or Fanshawe college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ChristineC: 11:10am On May 05, 2016
For those that recently applied for TRV online, can you please share how much you were debited and by what bank card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sisiyen: 11:15am On May 05, 2016
Qwertyasdf:

I can't really give you a concise answer to questions 'a and b'

C: going for a PhD doesn't automatically qualify you for a PR. It takes some series of steps..

1. You are qualified to extend your stay by applying for a work permit 90days before the expiry date on your study permit.

2. In order to qualify for a PR status, you must have gained at least a year of full time Canadian work experience.
NOTE: the full time/part time work experienced you gained during the course of your program/study won't be accepted as a FULL TIME CANADIAN WORK EXPERIENCE. It must be after your program.

3. Qualifying for PR through your graduate program is categorized under the CANADIAN EXPERIENCED CLASS and your invitation to apply is highly dependent on the points you are able to accrue out of the total 1200... The easiest way (though not that easy due to the competition) to gain 600points out of d total 1200 is either of the following:

3a. PROVINCIAL NOMINATION
3b. A FULL TIME JOB OFFER FROM A COMPANY
NOTE: 3b is not ordinary job offer... The company must be willing to write a letter to CIC informing them that they are ready to offer you A FULL TIME JOB OFFER if you get the PR..

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

NOTE :
Full Time:30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part Time:15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Or
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

I hope I have answered your third question accurately. grin

Thanks...Soo Much...Informative grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tbaby4real(f): 11:42am On May 05, 2016
Sisiyen:

Thanks...Soo Much...Informative grin

Hello, I guess you live outside Nigeria(European country). My case is similar to yours. Can we talk offline?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chilonchi247: 11:43am On May 05, 2016
kaybee13:

jst pm'd u

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.