Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop (33355 Views)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Trying To Fly Like A Bird On Air (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" / "Lord, If it is your will to break Nigeria, break it up" - David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Worksunlimited: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
LudaChriz:
■ Condemns activities of herdsmen

FROM DAVID ONWUCHEKWA , NNEWI

THE Bishop, Methodist Diocese of Onitsha, Rt Rev B.L. Onuagha has bared his mind on the state of Nigerian nation and noted that the amalgamation of 1914 has not fa­voured the Igbo, appealing to the world leaders to listen to the South East and break, off “this monster called amalgamation.”

This was contained in the Bishop’s address to mark the 14th annual diocesan synod of the church. Bishop Onuagha said since the amalgamation was not working in the interest of the components of the federation that the best option should be to dissolve it based on the fact that, according to him, a section of the country was suffering enslavement.

The Bishop cited the activities of the Fulani cattle herdsmen who he said had displaced communities, killed, maimed and burgled the people with impunity and government would remain complas­cent. He described it as an indication that some people were not wanted in the marriage. The synod enjoined the Federal Gov­ernment to make enabling law as regards grazing in Nigeria to avoid bloodletting between the herdsmen and farmers in Nigeria.

“Amalgamation has brought about the erosion of human dignity, the enslavement of a section of the people in the name of one Nigeria. This deadly monster has led to the loss of millions of lives of Igbo and no one is talking about the genocide. Yes, our culture and that of those in question are not the same. Our language is not the same, our customs, our tradition, our faith and our education are not the same. Our values are at variance. Then, why must we be forced to be in a marriage that we do not want and we see that it is not favourable?” the Bishop queried.

He said he was not surprised that a group was crying for separation from the unholy marriage forced on Nigeria by the British government in 1914.
The Bishop noted that even in the entity called Nigeria, there is extreme hardship to the extent that the naira would soon become a piece of paper if not checked. He said fuel was fast becoming a scarce commodity to the extent that the poor could not afford it in a nation that exports crude oil.

He said the synod urged the Federal Government to tread with caution in her quest to deregulate the petroleum sector in order to avoid further sufferings of Nigerians, adding that the refineries should be made to work in full capacity.
“The cost of living is rising daily, as the central government is busy witch-hunting individuals in the name of fighting corruption,” he said.

On Anambra State, the Bishop expressed satisfaction with Governor Willie Obiano, whose government is doing well in providing security, agriculture, education, infrastructure and other social amenities.

http://sunnewsonline.com/lets-break-nigeria-amalgamation-erroneous-methodist-bishop/#

The day the oil wells dry up.. Na d day the northerners go push for break up...

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by folawalesegun: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
have thine own way Lord
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by stayblack: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
ENEMIES OF PROGRESSSS...SAI BABA...NOW EVERYBODY DEY FILL THE HEAT... grin grin grin...

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
lord lugard was a m*d man

12 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by lielbree: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
I support oo.

We need to break up!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by godoluwa(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
LudaChriz:
Nigeria is not meant to be one.., the earlier we tell ourselves the truth the better
I hate One Nigeria where theres no love. I hate One Nigeria where certain tribe thinks they can kill others & go scot free. I hate One Nigeria where only one region gets the lion share of our common wealth through dubious means. oh God, help us break this country asap

18 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by adeyemi97(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
C
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Deen77: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
obatala15:
Imagine what the Bishop is saying where is the faith teachings

Bishop in did, help me ask d bishop, when Ojuku is fighting for Biafra, what is Ojuku doing in Ore, is Benin to Ore part of Biafra.

They want to conquer, we are not fool's. Ojuku want to conquer Nigeria coming to south west.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by greatdiamond: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
Can water mix with oil?check it for urself, can you mention one similarity btw a Hausa man and an igbo man? In culture, in food, in religion and in many other things, the differences is like light and darkness.Till eternity we can't become one. We must separate. Period!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by canalily(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Oga Bisho, abeg is this a prayer point or an ordinary imaginationundecided
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by pyxon(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
yes

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dear " Bishop" you have to define what marginalized means? Or did you mean to say access to political power.

Because sir, when you use the human development indices, access to potable water, education, poverty, access to health care which tribe or region has suffered the most?

Dear " Bishop" all of Nigeria has been marginalized and the people doing the marginalization come from every tribe in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
senior123:

That is so narrow and I think Igbos are just selfish. Even the Yorubas are not happy are constantly applying for decentralization of power in nigeria. I am for that not breaking up. Stop being selfish please. Everyone from middle-belt to Yoruba has been suffering northern oppression in this country.

One Nigeria is not about only about oil. Most Importantly about the religious distribution of states. If Igbo goes then Nigeria is pre-dominantly muslim. Nobody wants that Yoruba will go and Middle belt will go. It will lead to war and deaths of millions. Stop this please. If you want decentralize power it will help a lot.

It is either Decentralize power or North goes. How about us middle belts always classified as North, when we are north. We are used to get power but get thrown away when the northern allocation comes in.
Well, that is your cross to carry. No one is selfish for trying to get the best for himself. There are very few similarities between the major tribes in Nigeria and I see little reason why we all should remain in one country.

10 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ritababe(f): 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tkester2:

You must be stooopid. What is hard in "I don't want to have any relationship with you". Which part of the sentence don't you understand? Igbo's want to be on their own, is that a hard thing?

Tufiakwa!

we won't allow you so go and kill yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by lielbree: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
kolaaderin:

Igbo succession is only driven by greed, check ur comment and see for urself how greedy ur race are!! Our oil our oil, what if u don't have such in ur land will u wanna still go.? No I guess

If they don't have oil how does that bother you undecided
The igbos have a right to determine whether or not they want to be Nigerians. In the 21st century it can't be by force

13 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by drss(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
true talk. dis bishop get sence. d zoo has expired since 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Mbediogu(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
lekjons:
Can a country like Nigeria break without a war?? i doubt that!

What beats me is why people who cannot live together peacefully still think they need a war to go their separate ways. It doesn't add up.

7 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ridwanayo(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
Am in support dis,dis secession thing aint bout d ipob nd niger delta folks only,I use to believe in one nigeria but not anymore,for d past 55 years it has never been right,y don't we try secession or decentalization of power.the awusha people always think dy own nigeria.I bleeping hate dose guys,all aoutheen state need to stand together nd rise against dis jihadist.look at agatu killing,d onitsha killing of unharmed protesters,d ogoni killing,mile12 issue nd some dimwit still believe in dis scam

Fucck one nigeria nd mind u am yoruba nd I don't need to explain myself to any awusha who feels anybody dat against one nigeria is an igbo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rarely respond to threads like these....but...

If we break Nigeria...into how many countries do we break up into.?

That is the question...and that is why I as a minority is opposed to Nigeria's breakup....because it would be bad for minority tribes like mine.

Of course...I cannot pretend all is well. I have read my history....and I see how things are going.

It is just that...if we wanted to split...1966/67 would have been a good time.Then...every region had its source of cash....and sustenance. Not now...where we are all dependent on oil....a split means a big fight for oil.

Yes....Sudan and South Sudan....which happened under the auspices of the UN...and which took ten years...and which ensured that Sudan still had some oil...and almost immediately...Sudan increased transit fees for South Sudan oil piped thru their territory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
All dis so called men of God...its wen dey want money you hear them sayin all manner of things just to get attension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by raobaale(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
sleepingTROUBLE:
They are just like serpent in nature, so wicked and evil they have chosen the crumbs to the emacipation of the black race.
they are serpant in nature and you are still living, did you really know what serpant is?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by EROMS38(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
The bishop is on point, Oil is d only thing binding Nigeria together. Their is nothing like ONE NIGERIA! Nigeria is a fraud, d country shld b divided.

6 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Ekakamba: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016

British experiment. smiley

Fmartin:
The 1914 amalgamation hs really caused a great deal of problm. Middle belt shouldn't hav been allocated to the north.

Muslim nd Christians shouldn't hv been join.

Joining xtians nd Muslim thinkin u want to create good relationship is a waste of time. Its lyk mixing sand with garri. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by godoluwa(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
ridwanayo:
Am in support dis,dis secession thing aint bout d ipob nd niger delta folks only,I use to believe in one nigeria but not anymore,for d past 55 years it has never been right,y don't we try secession or decentalization of power.the awusha people always think dy own nigeria.I bleeping hate dose guys,all aoutheen state need to stand together nd rise against dis jihadist.look at agatu killing,d onitsha killing of unharmed protesters,d ogoni killing,mile12 issue nd some dimwit still believe in dis scam

Fucck one nigeria nd mind u am yoruba nd I don't need to explain myself to any awusha who feels anybody dat against one nigeria is an igbo
Yiye ni ye eiyele, aye yio ye o. Riro ni ro adaba l'orun, aye re yio r'orun. Ase
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Kfed4ril(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
kolaaderin:

Igbo succession is only driven by greed, check ur comment and see for urself how greedy ur race are!! Our oil our oil, what if u don't have such in ur land will u wanna still go.? No I guess

Bro we wont wanna break if we are not considered as third class citizens in a country where 90% of the revenue is our oil. We are jst clamouring for equal right, but the are not ready to give us so that's why we wana GO.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by godoluwa(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Rarely respond to threads like these....but...

If we break Nigeria...into how many countries do we break up into.?

That is the question...and that is why I as a minority is opposed to Nigeria's breakup....because it would be bad for minority tribes like mine.

Of course...I cannot pretend all is well. I have read my history....and I see how things are going.

It is just that...if we wanted to split...1966/67 would have been a good time.Then...every region had its source of cash....and sustenance. Not now...where we are all dependent on oil....a split means a bug fight for oil.

Yes....Sudan and South Sudan....which happened under the auspicies of the UN...and which took ten years...and which ensured that Sudan still had some oil...and almost immediately...Sudan increased transit fees for South Sudan oil piped thru their territory.
North has food crop, let them go & enjoy it. SW has food crop, mineral resource let them go. SS/SE has oil, its ok

6 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by marcusaurelio(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Let them go. .I'm a geologist..what I know is oil Wells do dry up with time...and I presume the igbos will go back to fishing and tap palm wine to sustain their economy. ..Fools depending on their exhaustive resources..no wonder you guys are sidelined all the time because of your low sense of reasoning

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by MyGeneration(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Deen77:

Bishop in did, help me ask d bishop, when Ojuku is fighting for Biafra, what is Ojuku doing in Ore, is Benin to Ore part of Biafra.

They want to conquer, we are not fool's. Ojuku want to conquer Nigeria coming to south west.
Mumu ok dat one don pass and ojukwu strategy didn't work, we are talking abt now, how do we rid ourselves of this Nigerian disease.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by drss(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
senior123:

That is so narrow and I think Igbos are just selfish. Even the Yorubas are not happy are constantly applying for decentralization of power in nigeria. I am for that not breaking up. Stop being selfish please. Everyone from middle-belt to Yoruba has been suffering northern oppression in this country.

One Nigeria is not about only about oil. Most Importantly about the religious distribution of states. If Igbo goes then Nigeria is pre-dominantly muslim. Nobody wants that Yoruba will go and Middle belt will go. It will lead to war and deaths of millions. Stop this please. If you want decentralize power it will help a lot.

It is either Decentralize power or North goes. How about us middle belts always classified as North, when we are north. We are used to get power but get thrown away when the northern allocation comes in.
na by force to remain for d zoo abeg make united states disolate dis useless con3 make every body go him papa house.

5 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
godoluwa:
North has food crop, let them go & enjoy it. SW has food crop, mineral resource let them go. SS/SE has oil, its ok

Palaver with agriculture in Nigeria is that it is not large scale....and it is not efficient.

It worked back in the 1960's...when we had a guaranteed market in the UK. Not anymore.

And the problem is...nowadays the North of today is not the North of 1966. It is divided. Likewise the South South won't go with the South East.

Nigeria is the bad alternative...except for the other ones which are worse.

And dividing so that one gets his hands on all the oil money is not a good reason for dividing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Reasons It Is Better You Stay At Home Today / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.