Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop (33350 Views)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Trying To Fly Like A Bird On Air (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" / "Lord, If it is your will to break Nigeria, break it up" - David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by gidgiddy: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
lekjons:
Can a country like Nigeria break without a war?? i doubt that!

If Czecoslovakia could break without war, if the Soviet Union could break without war, if Yugoslavia could break without war then yes, Nigeria can break up without war. I'm Igbo, Im tired of Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani.

5 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Cubeet: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
I Concur 100% Imagine me being classified a Nigerian with those Hausha people

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pidggin:
South South oil is a major unifying factor, no region will want to abandon this without a fight even though they know how different we all are in almost everything.
You igbos like crying like lil sissies all the time, it's long over due for you guys to pick up arms and lets get this fight started, and if you people are too afraid of going that route, then you people should just shut the fvck up cos all this wailing is getting boring and annoying angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Krismart(m): 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
obatala15:
Imagine what the Bishop is saying where is the faith teachings
Which faith are u talking about. Faith, when d minority whose natural resources d majority enjoy are being marginalised and regarded as third class citizens. Let's be telling ourselves d truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Even we Yorubas want to go now.

Its time we unanimously campaign for seperation. Nigeria is not working out.

I as a yoruba cant live with these Hausa fulani people any longer. Its not beneficial, its unsafe, its a drag,setback.

We need to divide, please.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by MyGeneration(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
marcusaurelio:
Let them go. .I'm a geologist..what I know is oil Wells do dry up with time...and I presume the igbos will go back to fishing and tap palm wine to sustain their economy. ..Fools depending on their exhaustive resources..no wonder you guys are sidelined all the time because of your low sense of reasoning
Since 1970 that u guys allocated all our resource's to urselves in the north and west, hv we died, is it when we tk our destinies into our hands, that we re then going to die?

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by gidgiddy: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Deen77:

Bishop in did, help me ask d bishop, when Ojuku is fighting for Biafra, what is Ojuku doing in Ore, is Benin to Ore part of Biafra.

They want to conquer, we are not fool's. Ojuku want to conquer Nigeria coming to south west.

What were Nigerians troops doing in Nsukka at that same time?

10 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Zamurano1(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Buhari and APC should be held responsible if Nigerian break. The President is making some section of this country now regret the marriage that make Nigeria one by his analogue style of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by hucienda: 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
We like pretending in this country... Nigeria as currently constituted is not working.

Added to it is the brazen '5%' talk of the President and a 'section of this country' talk by his spokesman.. open, divisive rhetoric coming from the centre- something that had never happened before in our history!

When the US told the President in coded terms to run a fair, equitable government last July, I was surprised. I am for a united country but if we keep living in distrust of ourselves- even after 102 years- then the union should be dissolved and let the various parts chart their destinies unhindered.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Alwaystruth: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
I share your pains but your people refused to be wise and always team up with the core
north to secure power to the detriment of NC. You people should shape your destinies or else
the imperialistic north will keep using you guys as pawns forever.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by godoluwa(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Palaver with agriculture in Nigeria is that it is not large scale....and it is not efficient.

It worked back in the 1960's...when we had a guaranteed market in the UK. Not anymore.

And the problem is...nowadays the North of today is not the North of 1966. It is divided. Likewise the South South won't go with the South East.

Nigeria is the bad alternative...except for the other ones which are worse.

And dividing so that one gets his hands on all the oil money is not a good reason for dividing.
to me, dividing the country is not because of oil but because of injustice. agatu & mile12 massacre is a case study where president is yet to take any step to punish the offenders just because they are his kinsmen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
The real problem with Nigeria is the Ibo man, he is never at peace with his neighbours at home or in exile. other tribes have learnt how to co exist, annoying as other tribes may be at times, knowing full well that every tribe annoys the other one way or another. But the Ibo man wants to be the master at home and in other people's backyard. You appoint an ibo man as head of govt agency and before you know what is happening, the whole place is manned by Ibos, from typist to cleaner to accountant, na only una? He does this so that even after he leaves office the parastatal becomes an Ibo parastatal. They always want to dominate their environment. Because of this mentality they can't be trusted with the political affairs of the nation.

when an Ibo says injustice, all it means is he can't dominate.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
This "country" was created not in favour its people but to serve British interest. We were three separate countries, if you like, call it colony, all is but nomenclature. This merger was done by the STNGY English. Who till date are reputable for being stingy, if you like say thrifty. They're not even a worthy ally and I doubt they're a super power in the global space. Let us forget whatever they thought or meant, we have seen it was never for good.
I agree we end this over 100 years of force marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by PrinceAfo911(m): 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
How can you tell me that am ONE with someone who drinks from the same pond with a cattle,Biafra is the solution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ridwanayo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
godoluwa:
Yiye ni ye eiyele, aye yio ye o. Riro ni ro adaba l'orun, aye re yio r'orun. Ase
Amim jorh omo odua rere,oro awon awusha won yi sunmi,won ro boya awon ibo nikan ni oro one nigeria yin ti sun.ni agbara olodunmare ati awon onile nigeria ma pin ya ni

Team republic of oduduwa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by godoluwa(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
ridwanayo:

Amim jorh omo odua rere,oro awon awusha won yi sunmi,won ro boya awon ibo nikan ni oro one nigeria yin ti sun.ni agbara olodunmare ati awon onile nigeria ma pin ya ni

Team republic of oduduwa
Ase o, Oodua Olofin Atewonro yio gbe wa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by kceewhyte(m): 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
lord lugard was a m*d man
he should rot in hell
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by realbest(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
LudaChriz:
■ Condemns activities of herdsmen

FROM DAVID ONWUCHEKWA , NNEWI

THE Bishop, Methodist Diocese of Onitsha, Rt Rev B.L. Onuagha has bared his mind on the state of Nigerian nation and noted that the amalgamation of 1914 has not fa­voured the Igbo, appealing to the world leaders to listen to the South East and break, off “this monster called amalgamation.”

This was contained in the Bishop’s address to mark the 14th annual diocesan synod of the church. Bishop Onuagha said since the amalgamation was not working in the interest of the components of the federation that the best option should be to dissolve it based on the fact that, according to him, a section of the country was suffering enslavement.

The Bishop cited the activities of the Fulani cattle herdsmen who he said had displaced communities, killed, maimed and burgled the people with impunity and government would remain complas­cent. He described it as an indication that some people were not wanted in the marriage. The synod enjoined the Federal Gov­ernment to make enabling law as regards grazing in Nigeria to avoid bloodletting between the herdsmen and farmers in Nigeria.

“Amalgamation has brought about the erosion of human dignity, the enslavement of a section of the people in the name of one Nigeria. This deadly monster has led to the loss of millions of lives of Igbo and no one is talking about the genocide. Yes, our culture and that of those in question are not the same. Our language is not the same, our customs, our tradition, our faith and our education are not the same. Our values are at variance. Then, why must we be forced to be in a marriage that we do not want and we see that it is not favourable?” the Bishop queried.

He said he was not surprised that a group was crying for separation from the unholy marriage forced on Nigeria by the British government in 1914.
The Bishop noted that even in the entity called Nigeria, there is extreme hardship to the extent that the naira would soon become a piece of paper if not checked. He said fuel was fast becoming a scarce commodity to the extent that the poor could not afford it in a nation that exports crude oil.

He said the synod urged the Federal Government to tread with caution in her quest to deregulate the petroleum sector in order to avoid further sufferings of Nigerians, adding that the refineries should be made to work in full capacity.
“The cost of living is rising daily, as the central government is busy witch-hunting individuals in the name of fighting corruption,” he said.

On Anambra State, the Bishop expressed satisfaction with Governor Willie Obiano, whose government is doing well in providing security, agriculture, education, infrastructure and otherwise social amenities.

http://sunnewsonline.com/lets-break-nigeria-amalgamation-erroneous-methodist-bishop/#

Let's divide . Who need who ? For sure , North doesn't need south east .Reverse is the case to the east.South west too doesn't need east .North need south west and south west to needs north.Oduduwarewa republic on the card.I can't comment for south south but they don't need south east.But I can't tell if south south need north or south west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by huthmanadam(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sum pple can fit be funny sha.. Mr Bishop,, u wan break out from naija?? Who hold ur leg?? Kuku leave naija na!!! And d funny fin be say,, a typical average Hausa man no send una!!!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ridwanayo(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

If Czecoslovakia could break without war, if the Soviet Union could break without war, if Yugoslavia could break without war then yes, Nigeria can break up without war. I'm Igbo, Im tired of Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani.
Calm down my igbo brother,I as a yoruba am also tired of dis fulani/hausa divide nd rule method,I want nigeria to divide more dan u want it.let's just do dis in a civil way let our senators call for a confrence nd it shud be tabled,u might think dat yoruba's hate u guys but u wrong if am to come to d world in another tribe it wud definetly be igbo tribe,I hate d fact dat u guys are treated unfairly but we won't achieve dis secession if we southerners keep hating on each other,I hope u guys achieve ur biafra nd we to can achieve our odua

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by maxzzo1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
lekjons:
Can a country like Nigeria break without a war?? i doubt that!
why war? Is it by force to be one?if not injustice let all region huzzle and letz see...
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ridwanayo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lord luggard is a son of a bittch for almagamating us with dis awusha punks,I respect igbo's for always tackle dem awusha people,nd we yoruba people be claiming hostile dy took ilorin from us,mile12 massacre is dere,dy kidnapped falae nd some omo ale oshi still dy support dis scam,nigeria shud just split abeg,dats when we can get it right,yoruba think awusha's don't love u dy only love demselve

6 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Ezebinaugwu(m): 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
obatala15:
Imagine what the Bishop is saying where is the faith teachings

My brother leave faith out of this matter
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by alexlee50: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
The bishop spoke the minds of a lot of people. Lets have a regional government or confederation of states.let every region grow at its own pace.let each region produce its own electricity, water, build its own roads.let each region have its own police .The federal goverment can limit itself to management of the economy, military and can have its own police but water projects, electricity, roads should be left for the regions.the federal goverment can have a general education policy, but each region can make special consideration to encourage indigenes.the federal structure of Nigeria (or should I use unitary structure) is not working. Nigeria is too big for one person to rule

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Misterdhee1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
If he is indeed A Bishop, his Bishophood needs to be scrutinized.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by james2man: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nigeria has never been one nation, we don't have the attributes of one nation, it is crystal clear. Except we want to continue to decieve ourselves... What do you expect when you put different people of different culture,values and religion together under coercion and you want them to be one, oneness or togetherness can never be achievable in this scenerio. This is a theory that is testable when it comes to human society, that is why nigeria will never be one nation and these issue will always bring in social problems that will always slow down the development of this country.

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
kolaaderin:

Igbo succession is only driven by greed, check ur comment and see for urself how greedy ur race are!! Our oil our oil, what if u don't have such in ur land will u wanna still go.? No I guess
In as much as I do not support secession, I don't believe Igbos want secession due to greed....

Have you been to the east? A farmer reaps what he sows but the SS and SE don't reap what God blessed them with.

No infrastructure, no basic amenities. A state as big as Imo has only one city, omo it's not funny.

Oil companies go to drill oil in Bayelsa, Imo, Aba and Port-harcourt then go to Lagos and Abuja to site their headquarters. It's just like attending Redeemed Christian Church of God and paying your tithe in winners chapel

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by chiefoboh1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Let us tell ourselves the truth Nigeria has neva united as one in any way , there has always been tribe affection and section in every sector u go, just as racism is vividly porous in the world today but to talk of Nigeria breaking up in peace is something that will happen. I advice we should learn to tolerate ourselves than bring up war and crises

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Suprementos(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]it will not still stop Nigeria's problems.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

1.The Soviet Union breakup was not without problems.....there was crisis in several Soviet republics...and in one or two of them...actual wars.(Georgia, Azerbajan, Armenia, Chechnya, Kirgistan).

2, Yugoslavia broke up in one big conflagration.....infact it was one of the worst wars in history. Even now they are still sentencing people to jail for their activities in the war....

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_Wars

3.As for Czechoslovakia...they did break up peacefully in 1993. But...it was a long process. In 1939..they were broken up by Nazi Germany. The Czech side became the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia...and the Slovak side became an independent state...under Nazi protection.

After 1945...when a Communist govt took over...both sides were ruled as separate autonomous republics in one country.

After the fall of Communism in 1990...the final division took place in 1993.Due to disagreements over how the country should look post Communism.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman On Ladies Praying For Husband But Demand For Iphone On Meeting O / 7 Reasons It Is Better You Stay At Home Today / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.