Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? (5383 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace / John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
Here is The Current Population figures of Onitsha Metropolitan areas.....2016!!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
Otuocha areas-300,000. 33 Onitsha to Nsugbe- Over 300,000. Onitsha Inland Town or Onitsha North areas- over 800,000. To be continued!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha South-800 to 1 million. Okpoko to Odakpe-800,000. Akwukwu to Oba-300,000. To be continued!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Obosi Town-800,000. Obosi Urban-1.500m. To be continued!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chigoizie7(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
What are these people saying?

The population of onitsha is over multiplying.

If u no sabi onitsha well, please go there around 5-6pm, u go just loss.

Onitsha is densely populated,

See, number of adults are not the same as number of entire people both adults and kids.

I know some people will be looking @ voters registration outcome and co

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chigoizie7(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Obosi Town-800,000. Obosi Urban-1.500m. To be continued!!!

Oga which one is obosi urban 1.5m?

Ee be like u no know obosi well oh, all those mkpikpa, enekwasimpu, ugwumba roads,infact those old roads, ugwumba and co, na I'm u de give common 1.5m?

Abi u de associate am with figures from voters registers?
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ogidi/Ogbunike/Umunya/Awkzu-500,000. Nkpor to Umuoji-1m.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
chigoizie7:

Oga which one is obosi urban 1.5m?

Ee be like u no know obosi well oh, all those mkpikpa, enekwasimpu, ugwumba roads,infact those old roads, ugwumba and co, na I'm u de give common 1.5m?

Abi u de associate am with figures from voters registers?
Not from voters registeroo!!!!. This is 2016 figures!!!. People are flooding into Onitsha even our friends from the North & West looking for jobs!!!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nnewi and Onitsha. Which one is bigger in size
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chigoizie7(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Not from voters registeroo!!!!. This is 2016 figures!!!. People are flooding into Onitsha even our friends from the North & West looking for jobs!!!.

Oga what I am saying is that obosi urban is larger than 1. 5, I am from obosi, even though I live @ awka, I do frequent obosi every now and den.

Dis, is not a bash, I am just correcting u, because these people no know the rate @ which onitsha is increasing in population.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chigoizie7(m): 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Nnewi and Onitcha. Which one is bigger in size

Ofcourse nnewi is bigger in land mass, but not in population, just the same way lagos state is the smallest state in naija by landmass, and most populated.

Anambra large pass lagos nah.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
chigoizie7:

Ofcourse nnewi is bigger in land mass, but not in population, just the same way lagos state is the smallest state in naija by landmass, and most populated.

Anambra large pass lagos nah.
okay, Population is not a threat when a city is planned well.
Anambra people should be building at least a 7 storey flat buildings with indoor running water and a lift.
This methodology will help in taming Onitsha population growth.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
chigoizie7:

Oga what I am saying is that obosi urban is larger than 1. 5, I am from obosi, even though I live @ awka, I do frequent obosi every now and den.

Dis, is not a bash, I am just correcting u, because these people no know the rate @ which onitsha is increasing in population.
I understand what you are saying!.... Some of the figures from other people put Obosi Urban 2.5m people but our figures is much more accurate!. I don't doubt you at all you might be right!. We will need other people to put their time & resources also to find out their own figures!.but for sure Onitsha is increasing not yearly but daily in population!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Onitsha
Oboy na Sagam camera you used for this pictures, aby na Onitsha in 70s shocked grin
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chigoizie7(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
okay, Population is not a threat when a city is planned well.
Anambra people should be building at least a 7 storey flat buildings with indoor running water and a lift.
This methodology will help in taming Onitsha population growth.

Well, u are definitely correct,

More reason why 5storey buildings are scattered all over onitsha, @least, one can easily climb the stairs. Water is not the issue around onitsha. As most of the 5storey buildings do have boreholes for water supply.u can also see that from the pictures the op uploaded.

2ndly, onitsha is a relative cheap environment, both the house rents and other costs of living( nearness to market makes things easy to buy and cheap too + onitsha businessmen are very competitive, the can sell goods with just N1 profit as long as dey get more customers)

With respect to your 7storey building ideas, and my bringing it down to 5 because of proximity to the last floor for people that will be occupying it. You can bear me witness with our naija situation of power failures, I bet lifts run on electricity, not just electricity but uninterrupted power(@least to prevent people from getting stuck in the elevator). We don't have power, providing power for ourselves to run such projects, means transferring the costs of production down to the final consumers( our bone of contention here is providing cheap and affordable services and then making our profits).

Even if we try to get power to run those elevators independently, (use of generators) what will happen in this era of fuel scarcity? An average onitsha businessman is willing to give u wat u want @ a cheap rate as long as he makes his profits.

Haven answered ur questions as to why 7 storey buildings can't be built in onitsha now( because of economic imbalance and co). It made rooms for expansions, places like 33, nsugbe,nkpor, ogidi, obosi(awada,okpoko,ugwuagba and co), oba,nkwelle ezunaka became the next alternative to our 5storey buildings(limit).

I hope I answered ur question. Truly, as a igbo man, I don't want govt to give me free food and free houses,free education and co. Just empower me, give me steady light, give me good roads, give me good skuls, then forget about me, I can take care of myself. We believe that government has no business in doing business as business is meant for the people and not for the govt
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
Others 1.8m people!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Ikengawo: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
Osha has surpassed Kano economically and is chasing Abuja closely according to recent reports (same with Aba)

What's left for Osha and Aba is livability. Parks, trees, museums, plazas, squares, cleaniness, beautification, sports clubs, bible clubs, pools, monuments, gardens and more TREES. Things that will make people want to live there outside of business. When you have these things, people invest on a larger scale. Without them they will only open depots or distribution centers. If it's a place someone wants to live they will put their corporate office there and that's will bring 10x the investment and capital as a depot.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
post=44439089:

Oboy na Sagam camera you used for this picture, aby na Onitsha in 70s shocked grin
Sorry don't mind meooooo!!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Ikengawo: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
chigoizie7:

Well, u are definitely correct,

More reason why 5storey buildings are scattered all over onitsha, @least, one can easily climb the stairs. Water is not the issue around onitsha. As most of the 5storey buildings do have boreholes for water supply.u can also see that from the pictures the op uploaded.

2ndly, onitsha is a relative cheap environment, both the house rents and other costs of living( nearness to market makes things easy to buy and cheap too + onitsha businessmen are very competitive, the can sell goods with just N1 profit as long as dey get more customers)

With respect to your 7storey building ideas, and my bringing it down to 5 because of proximity to the last floor for people that will be occupying it. You can bear me witness with our naija situation of power failures, I bet lifts run on electricity, not just electricity but uninterrupted power(@least to prevent people from getting stuck in the elevator). We don't have power, providing power for ourselves to run such projects, means transferring the costs of production down to the final consumers( our bone of contention here is providing cheap and affordable services and then making our profits).

Even if we try to get power to run those elevators independently, (use of generators) what will happen in this era of fuel scarcity? An average onitsha businessman is willing to give u wat u want @ a cheap rate as long as he makes his profits.

Haven answered ur questions as to why 7 storey buildings can't be built in onitsha now( because of economic imbalance and co). It made rooms for expansions, places like 33, nsugbe,nkpor, ogidi, obosi(awada,okpoko,ugwuagba and co), oba,nkwelle ezunaka became the next alternative to our 5storey buildings(limit).

I hope I answered ur question. Truly, as a igbo man, I don't want govt to give me free food and free houses,free education and co. Just empower me, give me steady light, give me good roads, give me good skuls, then forget about me, I can take care of myself. We believe that government has no business in doing business as business is meant for the people and not for the govt

I agree with this 100%, such wise contributions in this post (if you haven't read it read it!)

We can't aim for 7 stories without thinking of what it's like to live on the 7th floor of a country with rolling blackouts. 5-4 is perfect for now, Osha and Aba have the smartest building strategies in Nigeria. This is why they can keep rent cheap because the land has been maximized, meaning 1 plot of land can host 8-10 families because they build tall. when you build short you can only house about 2-4 and the fight for land will make rent skyrocket.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ikengawo:
Osha has surpassed Kano economically and is chasing Abuja closely according to recent reports (same with Aba)

What's left for Osha and Aba is livability. Parks, trees, museums, plazas, squares, cleaniness, beautification, sports clubs, bible clubs, pools, monuments, gardens and more TREES. Things that will make people want to live there outside of business. When you have these things, people invest on a larger scale. Without them they will only open depots or distribution centers. If it's a place someone wants to live they will put their corporate office there and that's will bring 10x the investment and capital as a depot.
That's what this thread is all about!.....but a lot are coming up here in Onitsha!. I will be opening a thread about it later!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Is Lalasticlala on Holidays?... Mods while this thread is not in front page beggars believeoooo!!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Is Lalasticlala on Holidays?... Mods while this thread is not in front page beggars believeoooo!!!!
hmm positives from ikengawo,abagworo? truely the end is near.lets wait 4 ngeneukwenu nd omenka.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by AmericanQuarter: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ikengawo:

Onitsha has improved alot in road networks, parks and quite livable with lots of plazas, eateries and mall hosting shoprite, movies, entertainment etc.

Onitsha Business School has been established among other corporate organisations. Raddison Blu is setting up their 5star hotel in the city.

A lot more is taking place in the city unreported.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
AmericanQuarter:

Onitsha has improved alot in road networks, parks and quite livable with lots of plazas, eateries and mall hosting shoprite, movies, entertainment etc.

Onitsha Business School has been established among other corporate organisations. Raddison Blu is setting up their 5star hotel in the city.

A lot more is taking place in the city unreported.
A lot is going on unreported!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
tooco:
hmm positives from ikengawo,abagworo? truely the end is near.lets wait 4 ngeneukwenu nd omenka.
Wonderful!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
A lot of media organisations are coming!.... Apha,Odenigbo etc!!!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha..... More buildings coming up!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
More Markets & Shopping plazas coming up!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Launches 2019 Presidential Ambition In Full Force / Fulani Herdsmen Are Seriously Looking For Troubles(pix) / What Is Happening In Aso Rock? Can Someone Be Bold Enough To Tell Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.