Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? (5355 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace / John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha is A Beautiful City but The Major roads are begging for ornamental Plants & Flowers to be planted!. The Sand dunes in the middle & both sides of the major roads needs to be removed regularly!. The City is now generally clean but more needs to be done concerning waste evacuation!.The Major roads like MCC/Ugwunakpankpa , PortHarcourt,Uga,Oguta,Awka,Iweka,Upper Iweka,Limca/ Old road Nkpor,Obodoukwu,Obosi Nkpor rd, 33 roads etc needs an urgent expansion or dualization & Flyover bridges build where necessary in other to maintain better movement of vehicle & people because of the exploding population of the Metropolitan City!. The Inner Streets in Awada, Ugwuagba,Nkpor,33 etc should be upgraded immediately not necessaryly by Govt alone but by Govt /Landlords Partnership!. This can be accomplished with 1 year if my proposal is adopted!.The Markets should be redesigned to something better than what we got now!. The govt should look @ the design of the New Stock Fish & Allied Shopping Plaza as something to be encouraged in Onitsha but must include Underground car parks!.omambala dot com bu ebe akuko ahu si puta!. Udo dili unu nile!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:00am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha.....Trees needed!!!!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2016
The govt needs to put or build a Roundabout just after the down Flyover @ The UpperIweka just before Omodi Nzekwu Street Woliwo in other to bring about some normalcy to this road!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2016
Oga Lalasticlala Where are You?
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2016
We must encourage the habit of planting exotic trees in most of Onitsha major roads & Streets!. The open gutters should be discouraged not stopped!.It should be covered & use as 'Public Walk Ways'!.

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Sunofgod(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2016
Better to import some artificial ones that require no maintaining......
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Viktor1983(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2016
It's all good
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2016
Sunofgod:
Better to import some artificial ones that require no maintaining......
Some of the exotic Palm trees require less or no maintenance!.We must not run away from planting trees!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha Anambra State

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by meccuno: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2016
Are u sure that's onisha hope am not dreaming

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2016
meccuno:
Are u sure that's onisha hope am not dreaming
Yes! Bros you are not dreaming!..... The City is getting better & better but the govt must be more active because of the ever exploding population!.The Research done by some people according to omambala, the Metropolitan City of Onitsha alone is now between 8 to 12million people & this requires an urgent action on the public infrastructure to avoid calamities!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Mustay(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2016
I will advise you explore the option of writing to the relevant ANSG office rather than a forum post.

You run the risk of losing this idea to someone else who will do the proper thing and you'll then start fighting over stealing of ideas.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 11:25am On Apr 03, 2016
Onitsha amaka!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
Osha

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mynd44! OAM4J!!!
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
OSHA

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha Ado!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha The Great City On The Niger!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is Onitsha!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha Anambra State!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by YourNemesis: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Yes! Bros you are not dreaming!..... The City is getting better & better but the govt must be more active because of the ever exploding population!.The Research done by some people according to omambala, the Metropolitan City of Onitsha alone is now between 8 to 12million people & this requires an urgent action on the public infrastructure to avoid calamities!

Say what? What is the population of all of Anambra state?
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
YourNemesis:

Come to Onitsha & See for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
I will be bringing the current population of The Metropolitan City of Onitsha!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onitsha Amaka!

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by YourNemesis: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
investnow2013:
Come to Onitsha & See for yourself!

What do you mean come see for yourself?
even the second largest city in nigeria is nowhere close to 12 million. Maybe you don't know how big 12 Million is. Anything above 10 million is considered among the megacities of the world.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
YourNemesis:

What do you mean come see for yourself?
even the second largest city in nigeria is nowhere close to 12 million. Maybe you don't know how big 12 Million is. Anything above 10 million is considered among the megacities of the world.
Wait for the current figures later this evening before you are free to critize!.... A lot have changed population wise in Onitsha metropolitan areas in the past 1 or 2 years!.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
YourNemesis:

Is Nigeria even up to 100million? Everyone has right to quote figures until a real census is conducted with acceptable errors. Anambra is 2nd most densely populated State after Lagos with buildings averaging at least 3 floors hence it is acceptable to quote something close to Lagos.

However Onitsha in reality is not up to 1million but the metropolitan area with environs exceeds that.
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by investnow2013: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Abagworo:

Is Nigeria even up to 100million? Everyone has right to quote figures until a real census is conducted with acceptable errors. Anambra is 2nd most densely populated State after Lagos with buildings averaging at least 3 floors hence it is acceptable to quote something close to Lagos.

However Onitsha in reality is not up to 1million but the metropolitan area with environs exceeds that.
But even locked up shops in Onitsha is over 1 Million!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by chinology: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
I have warned you to stay away from anything that concerns Anambra? Stay away from us as we have nothing in common with you. Imo thread will soon see my presence once more if you don't want to respect yourself. Must you comment on every thread? Are you cursed to be commenting all over NL 24/7?

Stay away from us, I have warned you now..

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]
Re: Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? by YourNemesis: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Abagworo:

What is the defined area that constitute the Onitsha Metropolitan area?
Are you adding Areas like Nnewi Etc?

You can't quote something close to Lagos, because while Anambra state is averaging something like 1,000/Km2 as a whole, A state like Lagos is having like 20,000 people /km2. A local government like mushin has close to 60,000 people per every square km.... while Idemili North, the most dense LGA in Anambra after onitsha city itself has like 4,500 or so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full List Of Governors That Cannot Win Election In Nigeria Again Come 2019. / Soldiers Dare Niger Militants, Attack Asari Dokubo's Residence With Armored Car / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Human Development Index (2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.