Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? (2187 Views)

Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead And Impregnate My Girl Friend ? / An Honest Opinion Needed, Should I Stick With Her? / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hi all, I have been following this great forum and today I had to create a topic about something bothering me.
We use to live in Television area of Kaduna state where I attended Kadpoly and there met a great friend of mine who is from Jalingo. We later relocated to this Jalingo and I used this opportunity to visit my friend at their home anytime we are back from school (their house is quit far from ours). He has a young sister who is about 17yrs old and I am about 6yrs older than her. embarassed They are wrting WAEC currently. We joke and get along, and she caught my attention shocked . This Eater when we came for break we were just getting along, and she is the type that dreads her brother grin She fears him like mad.
I use to joke with my friend that I like her, but I haven't shown serious intention.
The thing is that I so much like her and would like to date her, but am am considering somethings:
1. She is my friend's sister undecided
2. I am about 6yrs older than her angry
3. she is still in secondary school cry

I have tried my best to get her off, but the truth is that I love her and surely will go for her. But the question now is, should I ask her out now or wait till she maybe finishes secondary school or grow older? Is 6years much for dating her? Please share matured responses.

My main question now is that, should I ask her out now or wait till she is older, maybe around 20+?
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
@OP u just want to destroy the life of this young lady and make her loose focus on her academics, ure suppose to be the one advicing her against dating, premarital sex, ure suppose to advice her and let her focus on her academics and let her have a better future. ure a bad friend i must tell u, planning on dating the 17years old girl of ur friend. "by the way are there no mature ladies around or ure scared to woo them? u want to take advantage of an innocent child.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by maxti: 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
No comments for you. ............... She is underage!
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Well, an age difference of 6 years isn't too much in my opinion. But it depends on the girl. Some girls prefer dating guys way older than them, some like dating guys in their age bracket. It's basically all about personal preference, but the thing is, when you love someone, age constraints become secondary.

Now, since you said you love the girl, I think you should have her best interest at heart, and right now, what's best for her is to pass her Waec and finish secondary school. She doesn't need to be burdened by any serious relationship now. Besides, she is just 17. I don't know the official age when a girl isn't considered a minor in Nigeria, but in most developed countries it's 18. So technically, she isn't an adult yet. Personally, I think you should give her some time, at least wait till she is 18 and is done with her Waec and Neco and other major exams, and then you can make your intentions known to her.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
@OP u just want to destroy the life of this young lady and make her loose focus on her academics, ure suppose to be the one advicing her against dating, premarital sex, ure suppose to advice her and let her focus on her academics and let her have a better future. ure a bad friend i must tell u, planning on dating the 17years old girl of ur friend. "by the way are there no mature ladies around or ure scared to woo them? u want to take advantage of an innocent child.

Thanks for your input. You just said what's on my mind. Not that i don't have other female friends, I have many female friends, but I can't explain the force of attraction I have for this particular teenager. Note, am not planning to destroy her future as it will not be good for my personality and my friendship with her brother. What do you suggest, I guess I leave her for the main time?
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Decker:
Well, an age difference of 6 years isn't too much. But it depends on the girl. Some girls prefer dating guys way older than them, some like dating guys in their age grade. It's basically all about personal preference, but the thing is, when you love someone, age constraints becomes secondary.

Now, since you said you love the girl, I think you should have her best interest at heart, and right now, what's best for her is to pass her Waec and finish secondary school. She doesn't need to be burdened by any serious relationship now. Besides, she is just 17. I don't know the official age when a girl isn't considered a minor in Nigeria, but in most countries it's 18. So technically, she isn't an adult yet. Personally, I think you should give her some time, at least wait till she is 18 and is done with her Waec and Neco and Post jamb or whatever, and then you can make your intentions known to her.
Thanks for your understanding. I will keep getting in touch and wait for her to at least reach 18. I truly have good intentions for her
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by vizkiz: 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
give her one more year at least. Then let's start from there... 6years isn't too much now we are in 2016 for christ sake!

Forget about your friend, he is going to let the relationship work "if" he knows the kindda person you are (nobody go allow him friend chop him sister just like that grin)
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Fmartin(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Personally, if u ar my friend nd u want to date my sista, my friendshp wt u wil b ova. Naa! Too bad
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
maxti:
No comments for you. ............... She is underage!
I know she is underage. My question is, should I wait or go for her? If i should wait, how long? wink
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
lovediehatelive:

Thanks for your input. You just said what's on my mind. Note that i don't have other female friends, but I can't explain the force of attraction I have for this particular teenager. Note, am not planning to destroy her future as it will not be good for my personality and my friendship with her brother. What do you suggest, I guess I leave her for the main time?
YES MY BRO, LEAVE HER ALONE. the reason why u feel attracted to her is because u dnt have oda female friends as u said, i will advice to go outing, meet ladies on social media and in real life, be friend them and b4 u know it u will forget abt her.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
vizkiz:
give her one more year at least. Then let's start from there... 6years isn't too much now we are in 2016 for christ sake!

Forget about your friend, he is going to let the relationship work "if" he knows the kindda person you are (nobody go allow him friend chop him sister just like that grin)

Thanks. Will wait and keep pulling her closer
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fmartin:
Personally, if u ar my friend nd u want to date my sista, my friendshp wt u wil b ova. Naa! Too bad
Thats it o cry But can you blame me? I think I've found underage love cry
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by obizzy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Bros

catch them young

delay is dangerous

boys dey vex. B4 she reach official age (18) boys for don plenty for her matter.

Start nuturing her,get even closer.not "relationship" per say. Relationship at this tender age will distract her, you wouldnt want som1 you love to be distracted academically,would you?

No sex. I repeat! No sex! Control your thing.

Forget age difference, you no go marry your mates.

Talk to your frnd about it and seek his approval. If he agrees and she likes you,carry on!

You can start the dating ish when shes 18 and legal and probably when shes in the uni.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
If you can't/won't/don't-want-to get her now, free her!
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
YES MY BRO, LEAVE HER ALONE. the reason why u feel attracted to her is because u dnt have oda female friends as u said, i will advice to go outing, meet ladies on social media and in real life, be friend them and b4 u know it u will forget abt her.
Sorry, is like you misunderstood my post (or rather I typed the wrong thing). I do have other female friends, but his one, I have tried to let her go but that attraction is still there. I wanna get along with her, but will wait a little longer before I pour my mind to her
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by 100Cents: 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
I may not know what you have in mind.

Are you ready to marry her now ?

As in, engagement and introduction..
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
OP wait till she get to 18. dont mind all the bashing. rem Capt Ekeinde married omotola @18. i'm sure he wooed her, they went on many dates, and some month of courtship b4 getting married.
But you should stylishly ask your friend abt it so you wont lose the friendship. jah bless you bro
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
obizzy:
Bros

catch them young

delay is dangerous

boys dey vex. B4 she reach official age (18) boys for don plenty for her matter.

Start nuturing her,get even closer.not "relationship" per say. Relationship at this tender age will distract her, you wouldnt want som1 you love to be distracted academically,would you?

No sex. I repeat! No sex! Control your thing.

Forget age difference, you no go marry your mates.

Talk to your frnd about it and seek his approval. If he agrees and she likes you,carry on!

You can start the dating ish when shes 18 and legal and probably when shes in the uni.
Am glad you understand me. I will keep drawing her closer. I think I got her keys wink

No sex sha, I don't want to ruin her career. As for her bro, I don't know if he will approve, buh who him epp angry angry
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
discoprophet:
If you can't/won't/don't-want-to get her now, free her!
Free her like seriously? cry
I like her, but she is too young for me embarassed
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
100Cents:
I may not know what you have in mind.

Are you ready to marry her now ?

As in, engagement and introduction..

Bro, your question is too forward na. Marry now?
I surely like her but won't rush into marriage. I am readily financially and emotionally, but she too young na.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
OP wait till she get to 18. dont mind all the bashing. rem Capt Ekeinde married omotola @18. i'm sure he wooed her, they went on many dates, and some month of courtship b4 getting married.
But you should stylishly ask your friend abt it so you wont lose the friendship. jah bless you bro
Thanks for your advice, Jah bless you too! smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by 100Cents: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
lovediehatelive:

Bro, your question is too forward na. Marry now?
I surely like her but won't rush into marriage. I am readily financially and emotionally, but she too young na.

Okay.

But dont look at her this way o.

She too young..

Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Fmartin(m): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
lovediehatelive:

Thats it o cry But can you blame me? I think I've found underage love cry
one tin i do to avoid havin a crush on a friend's sista is, avoid starin at her, i only talk to her wen necessary.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by obizzy(m): 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
lovediehatelive:

Am glad you understand me. I will keep drawing her closer. I think I got her keys wink

No sex sha, I don't want to ruin her career. As for her bro, I don't know if he will approve, buh who him epp angry angry
lol
he epp you oh!
If he says NO,then the girl in question will be no more than your forever crush.

Shes scared of her broda as you said. She will respect everything he says to the last and thats bad news for you.

Except una go dey do una love for koro make the broda no catch una.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
100Cents:

Okay.

But dont look at her this way o.

She too young..

Free Johna joor! grin
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fmartin:
one tin i do to avoid havin a crush on a friend's sista is, avoid starin at her, i only talk to her wen necessary.
Yea, thats true, but we've got so acquainted, everyone around knows
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
obizzy:
lol
he epp you oh!
If he says NO,then the girl in question will be no more than your forever crush.

Shes scared of her broda as you said. She will respect everything he says to the last and thats bad news for you.

Except una go dey do una love for koro make the broda no catch una.
Na true you talk oo.. I go keep the bro updated before i do anything.

I don grow pass that koro love joor! na for kids, i don grow pass am
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by luwiizy(m): 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
lovediehatelive:
Hi all, I have been following this great forum and today I had to create a topic about something bothering me.
We use to live in Television area of Kaduna state where I attended Kadpoly and there met a great friend of mine who is from Jalingo. We later relocated to this Jalingo and I used this opportunity to visit my friend at their home anytime we are back from school (their house is quit far from ours). He has a young sister who is about 17yrs old and I am about 6yrs older than her. embarassed They are wrting WAEC currently. We joke and get along, and she caught my attention shocked . This Eater when we came for break we were just getting along, and she is the type that dreads her brother grin She fears him like mad.
I use to joke with my friend that I like her, but I haven't shown serious intention.
The thing is that I so much like her and would like to date her, but am am considering somethings:
1. She is my friend's sister undecided
2. I am about 6yrs older than her angry
3. she is still in secondary school cry

I have tried my best to get her off, but the truth is that I love her and surely will go for her. But the question now is, should I ask her out now or wait till she maybe finishes secondary school or grow older? Is 6years much for dating her? Please share matured responses.

My main question now is that, should I ask her out now or wait till she is older, maybe around 20+?
lol op na this kind of rock go land for your dick if you no look somewhere else, so u won bleep ur friend lil sista.....

Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by vicstar(m): 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
I'll advice you to make your move, and keep tinz on a low key, coz u never can tell who will overtake u,if u Hesitate.
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2016
luwiizy:
lol op na this kind of rock go land for your dick if you no look somewhere else, so u won bleep ur friend lil sista.....
abeg o! Na me steal budget? grin grin grin grin

Am just a victim of love
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2016
vicstar:
I'll advice you to make your move, and keep tinz on a low key, coz u never can tell who will overtake u,if u Hesitate.
As in should I ask her out now?
Re: Advice Needed! Should I Go For Her Now Or Wait? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2016
I'm not a fan of keeping things from people who matter. I strongly advice you let her brother know because she holds him in high esteem & it will be added point for you if he approves. And i believe telling her brother shows you are responsible. I don't know why he wouldn't approve cos u can surely go behind his back to woo her. Let him no u aren't planning on going full scale now so that u won't get a dirty slap sha. Let the girl no ur intention o, cos if u r waiting for ha to get older another person might snatch her. I repeat, let her know your intention but don't pursue her now, it'll distract her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now a changed person / Can You Marry Someone Twice Your Height Or Size? / “i’ve Not Even Penetrated My Wife Yet, But She Is Already Four Months Pregnant”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.