Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35988 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by FrozeBABE: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
The phone's camera is making sense..
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by FrozeBABE: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hmmm..tecno don dey surprise me oo grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Youngzedd(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up

Fatality grin

Tecno fan boys lies can wake up a dead man.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
You really think so, How many people purchase Huawei phones of over 100k
winnijaf:

Its a Nigerian Thing, The Higher the Price, the Higher the demand. I think the Boom J8 Should have been more Expensive than it is currently.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by FrozeBABE: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Much selfies for cam. Lovers. Like me.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by sureinfo: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
FrozeBABE:
The phone's camera is making sense..

Serious sense... Look at the flowers abeg shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Oshey, you get my point. Tecno started from grass to grace. Made most nigerians able to purchase android phones
pcoolioz:

yh true but the problem is because they keep comparing with other high end phones but their name has already been known for low quality.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

I didn't make the earlier comment to argue or do a back and forth thing. I asked two questions but none was answered. I don't know how price relates with a version of OS? Android is FREE AND OPEN.

Yes I agree with you that it is free and Open.
I also agree with you that Tecno did not use the latest which is 6.0.

Now since you are asserting the freeness and openness of marshmallow, can you please point me to a 6.0 devicein the market now, from a KNOWN BRAND that is below 60k?

That it's free does not mean that smartphone making companies won't factor in some cost when delivering it to final consumers.

They are marketing this phone has a flagship. A flagship phone oughts to pack top notch hardware and software features without affecting the user experience.

Yes, it is a flagship phone because of the new user interface which has never been featured on any Tecno device. Not even their phantom 5. Understood?

You have been shouting advertising and HIOS. Isn't the earlier supposed to be done for awareness and how does that affect this supposed phone to debut with marshmallow? While the latter is just a UI

Lmao.
You call it just a UI? Oya goan develop one ASAPLY na.
Whether it's just a UI or a microchip..
It takes days and months of resourcefulness/finance to come up with innovative products.

Are you aware of the serious upgrades in this J8 compared to J7?
The headset which was thoughtfully and slickly designed especially for those who like to keep fit with music?

And for your information, there is no company that does not factor in the cost it used to advertise a product when selling to the final consumer.
You get?

Iphone does it, Samsung does it, TECNO should not be any different. Consumers always pay for advertising, because at that point it's no longer just the product you're paying for, but also, the brand personality as well. Your assertion about me shouting advertising upandan shows you have limited knowledge of marketing/sales management.

I have taken my time here today because I've seen the hate most of you launch at Tecno products and it is very appalling.

Having studied brand management, and even doing a project currently, I know how bad it feels to see people talk down your best efforts.

No offence meant, but just shut it already bruv.
You gat nothing on J8

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by jonmoveek: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tecno camera don dey better pass what it used to be
sureinfo:

Serious sense... Look at the flowers abeg shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Baadal(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tenim47:
ANY SECOND HAND?
call/whatsapp me 08025220285
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
Lol, Tell them anti tecno fans

I just did.
Lol
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Love4phones: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
jonmoveek:
Na only person wey chop beele full go dey buy samsung

that notion is wrong oooo, phones that are even better than tecno are now onboard..... no one can monopolise this market
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Youngzedd(m): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

The Phone is not running on an old OS, Infact it introduced the new HIOS which bears the Hi Manager with Incredible Features.

Can you really differentiate between OS and GUI
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
You get mouth, baby *kisses*
MaryWest:

I just did.
Lol
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Youre a born hater then
mattyboy007:
making sum sense dere.. BT for me weda name or features... tecno aren't just in my DNA
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Youngzedd(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
tobimillar:
Why waste money on a useless techno phone when u can buy infinix of even gionee or better still huwai? Techno is so out of the league and their online marketers here on nairaland are not helping them...

Tecno and infinix is still same one parent company.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by mattyboy007(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
Youre a born hater then
hahahahaha... mayb bro
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Love4phones: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Youngzedd:

infinix came and distracted us, now their phones have negative backlash.... at least gionee has been able to prove that my phone can still work for me.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Sard(m): 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
tobimillar:
Why waste money on a useless techno phone when u can buy infinix of even gionee or better still huwai? Techno is so out of the league and their online marketers here on nairaland are not helping them...
You should have kept quiet instead of voicing an opinion that is basically filled with ignorance. Infinix and Tecno are produced by the same company, so most things that apply to tecno are also applicable to infinix.
BTW, I use a gionee phone, so I'm not even defending tecno because I use it.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

Tecno Guys? What are you talking about? Your Argument here has no base. I already told you it's Upgradeable to the New MM.

The same way Camon C8 and Phantom 5 was gonna be upgraded to Marshmallow since Feb, 2016..... This is April 2016 and no updates for those phones.... Same with other tecno phones in the past.... What is the assurance that this J8 would be updated even when the Phantom 5 flagship phone has not been updated yet til now? Even kekere Infinix de use OS upgrade de play now sef yet Tecno, which has been in the market before them cannot even boast of aleast one upgrade. Haba bros, make we talk truth where e de na
Its not always about specs alone which most of you marketers have deliberately turned a blind eye to.

If you feel my post makes me a tecno hater, so be it wink

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

Yes I agree with you that it is free and Open.
I also agree with you that Tecno did not use the latest which is 6.0.

Now since you are asserting the freeness and openness of marshmallow, can you please point me to a 6.0 devicein the market now, from a KNOWN BRAND that is below 60k?

That it's free does not mean that smartphone making companies won't factor in some cost when delivering it to final consumers.

Yes, it is a flagship phone because of the new user interface which has never been featured on any Tecno device. Not even their phantom 5. Understood?

Lmao.
You call it just a UI? Oya goan develop one ASAPLY na.
Whether it's just a UI or a microchip..
It takes days and months of resourcefulness/finance to come up with innovative products.

Are you aware of the serious upgrades in this J8 compared to J7?
The headset which was thoughtfully and slickly designed especially for those who like to keep fit with music?

And for your information, there is no company that does not factor in the cost it used to advertise a product when selling to the final consumer.
You get?

Iphone does it, Samsung does it, TECNO should not be any different. Consumers always pay for advertising, because at that point it's no longer just the product you're paying for, but also, the brand personality as well. Your assertion about me shouting advertising upandan shows you have limited knowledge of marketing/sales management.

I have taken my time here today because I've seen the hate most of you launch at Tecno products and it is very appalling.

Having studied brand management, and even doing a project currently, I know how bad it feels to see people talk down your best efforts.

No offence meant, but just shut it already bruv.
You gat nothing on J8

There you are responding back and forth trying your best to justify Tecno not equipping this device with MM. You claim I'm talking down this device but am yet to say a word on anything regrading the camera, chipset, et al. I only highlighted the version of OS used. This device won't see the android N. Why deny their fans the beauty of Mashmallow?

It doesn't cost Tecno anything to pre load this device with MM. It's free but there you are claiming not to be a paid agent but u r ready to exchange messages coupled with insults
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Youngzedd:

So why is techno trying so hard
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by addinfo77: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
jonmoveek:
Yh, you made a point. Fingers aint equal. Everyone wont be able to use an Android if not for Tecno
try the phone gionee and i bet you will experience the android efficiency
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Youngzedd:

Can you really differentiate between OS and GUI

U dey mind the guy wey dey disgrace himself upandan. Cos the codename carry OS, it automatically means it's a diff OS(to him tho)
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by easrael(f): 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

There you are responding back and forth trying your best to justify Tecno not equipping this device with MM. You claim I'm talking down this device but am yet to say a word on anything regrading the camera, chipset, et al. I only highlighted the version of OS used. This device won't see the android N. Why deny their fans the beauty of Mashmallow?

It doesn't cost Tecno anything to pre load this device with MM. It's free but there you are claiming not to be a paid agent but u r ready to exchange messages coupled with insults

I still do not understand how you mean when you say someone is paid to talk about a Brand or something!

Does Man U pay you to defend them or Barca?

What is now the fuss!

Every time TECNO fans defend the brand, you assume it's paid!

Lemme stop before I become emotional
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lol, you know yourself
dasphinx1:

The same way Camon C8 and Phantom 5 was gonna be upgraded to Marshmallow since Feb, 2016..... This is April 2016 and no updates for those phones.... Same with other tecno phones in the past.... What is the assurance that this J8 would be updated even when the Phantom 5 flagship phone has not been updated yet til now? Even kekere Infinix de use OS upgrade de play now sef yet Tecno, which has been in the market before them cannot even boast of aleast one upgrade. Haba bros, make we talk truth where e de na
Its not always about specs alone which most of you marketers have deliberately turned a blind eye to.

If you feel my post makes me a tecno hater, so be it wink
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by addinfo77: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
tobimillar:

they are trying so hard because gionee is HERE!!!!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by jonmoveek: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
Examples? ANd is affordable?
Love4phones:

that notion is wrong oooo, phones that are even better than tecno are now onboard..... no one can monopolise this market
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Youngzedd(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
tobimillar:

Tecno don cass, they used infinix to deceive us, now infinix don cass, watch for another name grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
easrael:

I still do not understand how you mean when you say someone is paid to talk about a Brand or something!

Does Man U pay you to defend them or Barca?

What is now the fuss!

Every time TECNO fans defend the brand, you assume it's paid!

Lemme stop before I become emotional

Emotional keh? shocked Nigga calm down.... Its just a phone wink
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by jonmoveek: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
They are usually heavy. With all the efficiency, na weight kill am
addinfo77:
try the phone gionee and i bet you will experience the android efficiency
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
Lol, you know yourself

And thats the best you can do? So lame grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones? / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.