Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35973 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Minesota1(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
What did sapele water do to u N yes the J8 camera is good like that
ShiroSan:

Wait, you seriously believe he took such high quality photos with J8?
Proof or you all need your heads washed with Sapele early morning water.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Marvell23(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Nice analysis of the phone but for a 13 mp, i should honestly say i expected more, like the okada pic, i am damn sure, if we zoom in on the woman at the end of the road, the pic would get blurry and with a 13 mp, it should be very good pictures not average all round performance, i love ur analysis as you broke everything down but they seriously need to work on their camera, sorry to compare but an Iphone 5s 8 mega pixel camera would murder that okada pic, the details you get is very good, i was expecting with a 13 mp, at least something near if not better than the 5s, sorry but this is my constructive criticism, thanks man..
God bless you .YOU sounds so mature and hit the nail on the head but remember the iphone will buy 5 of the boom j8 so its ok for the price it's been sold
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Love4phones: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
metrosexual:
BustScam, I have never been a fan of the likes of Techno, Gionee and other related phones but I must confess that the Gionee Marathon M5 Mini is the best phone is the class of such phones.
I don't own one though.

Its got 4G LTE capability
Its got a 4000Mah battery (the Boom J8 is 3000Mah)
Its got a 13MP camera, 5MP front camera (*coughs* we all know that the likes of Techno and Gionee camera specifications can't be compared to the likes of Samsung, HTC with same specs though)

And its price is 32K!

That price for me is what's making the phone sell out! So Techno needs to review their price, if Gionee M5 mini is going for 32K then no sane customer would pick it a Boom J8 over M5 Mini.

PS: Nsonaso, Please what phone are you using? The screengrab you posted to disprove the battery strength of the Boom J8 shows a phone with a good battery life, I wanna know which phone please. Thanks.

Cliveglobal1, you asked for a phone with same specs but cheaper price, here you go.

Absolutely. The Gionee M5 Mini is a definitely the best phone in that category. Great battery life and superb user experience all at an affordable price. I own one and the experience has been awesomeee!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
kajoula:
good camera....but has no true depth,if y'all know what i mean...Try sammy S7 or Iphone 5s

How can u put Samsung's flagship phone with Apple old phone on the same line?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
Marvell23:
God bless you .YOU sounds so mature and hit the nail on the head but remember the iphone will buy 5 of the boom j8 so its ok for the price it's been sold

calm down, lolz 5s is just around 100k, thats just 2 of the J8... and yes there are major difference there, now i wish we could upgrade the Tecno but tecno doesn't upgrade, that's a let down and that camera, i am not impressed yet, 13mp should be really good, like capture away distance objects clearly....
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by maklade: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:
A picture of the boom j8 by popular demand
Can you upload a pic of the phone's on screen time?
The real test of a phone's battery is how high/low the on screen time is.
It simply means how long you can use your phone before it goes off.
I'm nt really concerned about the standby time, a phone can have two/three days of standby and have just 3/4 hours of on screen time. A good phone should have at least 6/7 hours of on screen time.
I'll really appreciate if u can upload a screenshot of your onscreen time.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Xhaka(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:
Looks like Iphone 6
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by akashi01(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

Yes I agree with you that it is free and Open.
I also agree with you that Tecno did not use the latest which is 6.0.

Now since you are asserting the freeness and openness of marshmallow, can you please point me to a 6.0 devicein the market now, from a KNOWN BRAND that is below 60k?

That it's free does not mean that smartphone making companies won't factor in some cost when delivering it to final consumers.

Yes, it is a flagship phone because of the new user interface which has never been featured on any Tecno device. Not even their phantom 5. Understood?

Lmao.
You call it just a UI? Oya goan develop one ASAPLY na.
Whether it's just a UI or a microchip..
It takes days and months of resourcefulness/finance to come up with innovative products.

Are you aware of the serious upgrades in this J8 compared to J7?
The headset which was thoughtfully and slickly designed especially for those who like to keep fit with music?

And for your information, there is no company that does not factor in the cost it used to advertise a product when selling to the final consumer.
You get?

Iphone does it, Samsung does it, TECNO should not be any different. Consumers always pay for advertising, because at that point it's no longer just the product you're paying for, but also, the brand personality as well. Your assertion about me shouting advertising upandan shows you have limited knowledge of marketing/sales management.

I have taken my time here today because I've seen the hate most of you launch at Tecno products and it is very appalling.

Having studied brand management, and even doing a project currently, I know how bad it feels to see people talk down your best efforts.

No offence meant, but just shut it already bruv.
You gat nothing on J8

Infinix hot 2 runs 6.0

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:
I have read a lot of things that bloggers and non bloggers alike have written on NairaLand, and I have decided to painstakingly write an honest review of the mobile phone.

I will be writing based on the phone's adaptability to the common man's needs while looking at the important functions for techies likewise.

DISPLAY

The phone is reported to slim and easy to handle. Although this is an advantage in terms of being poise, Porsche and easy to pose with, it can be disadvantage because pick-pockets can remove it from your pocket easily. But, really who cares about pick pockets when you can easily keep your phone safely.

The phone’s beauty is one that deserves commendation, although I have the gold color of the phone, I can’t but say that this is a masterpiece in terms of design. I personally have met two people who taught I bought the phone for a 100,000 plus because of the stylist design.

Opening the phone, the graphical display of the phone is one that is commendable for a mid-range phone. Clear, crisp and well optimized for viewing.

PERFORMANCE

For me, the HiOS which Tecno have put on this phone surely is the joker for this device. The UI is designed to make the performance of the phone faster and less battery consuming (UI means User Interface).

After a couple of days usage of this phone, I have discovered that the phone last longer than all 3000mAH battery phones I know of and from my research, the reason is because of the HiOS on the phone. While battery last very long, it is worthy of note that the UI being new, some people may not know how to operate the phone.

To test the battery of the phone, I charged with a “generator” over night to 100% and usage was throughout the day since it’s my primary phone, the battery dropped to 30% after the close of work by 8:30pm (Although I must highlight that the heavy internet usage was on Wi-Fi.
Also, I tested the gaming ability of the phone, believe you me, I am impressed. Don’t mind me, I am fan of tennis and motor racing so I played only the Asphalt 8 and the Tennis 2016 on the device and it was lag free and no issue whatsoever. The display was wonderful.

Also, the phone comes with a 2G RAM which coupled with the HiOS makes the phone ultra fast. The phone also comes with a 13MP rear Camera which has an opening speed of 0.3 seconds! That is what I call the cheetah speed. Although I don’t want to talk much about the speed of the camera but I have a personal experience yesterday in Church, Ruggedman came around to my church and it was the rush for selfies and it was my own phone that saved the day for me…He did not have enough time to stay that even while he was moving, I took my selfie with him and it was clear.

Let me also make it clear that the phone comes with the Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.

Finally on the performance of the phone, I want to talk about some features I think we can all use to our advantage! “If you ever leave your phone with your siblings like I most times do, you can monitor if they use your data that day or not”, “If you always wait till 12am to send a special one a message for their birthday, wedding anniversary and all sorts”, “if you always receive annoying calls and messages from these stupid networks when you think it is an important call”, “ if you are looking for your best bet to saving money on data:, this feature on this phone is your best bet.

The Hi Manager - This application, although I don’t know who gave Tecno this sense is superb. It can monitor data, it can clean up my ROM and RAM with one button even junk files, it has also helped me block 4 of all these MTN call numbers and messages and so much more.

SHOULD YOU BUY

I have bought this phone with my own N41, 000 in Ikeja. From last Monday till date, this phone has served me meritoriously and I can authoritatively say that if you want a unique, simple and easy phone that gives you a beautiful swag, you can be rest assured to get that using this phone. Although, someone told me it’s a bit expensive but I can say, it’s worth it with this dollar hike by the Federal Government. In that case, you can buy this phone as it gives you value for money.

All na marketing strategy. It's fucking expensive. That money will get you elephone p8000 with 3gb and 4g network, 4200mah, 16gb rom, corning gorilla glass 3

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

Honestly, I don't think 41k is too pricey for a Phone with such Features.
It is
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MizMyColi(f): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
NapoIeon:

it's been a long time cool kiss

cheesy

looool
Well done deargrin

Long time truly
Lol

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by NapoIeon: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

cheesy

looool
Well done deargrin

Long time truly
Lol

where have you been?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

Can you please mention One Device that has Same Features with this Boom J8 and It's Cheaper?
Elephone p8000 even with finger print scanner is 38k on Jumia. 3gb ram, 4200mah, corning gorilla glass 3, 13mp and 5mp back n front camera, 4g network etc
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tecno agents and marketers are thieves. My customer in gombe is selling this phone for 37k. Was shocked when I saw 41k online. It's fick*n expensive jur
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
akashi01:

Infinix hot 2 runs 6.0
Don't even go there. Infinix hot 2 is crap. It's not by mash Marlow. I will even choose hot3 over hot2 in terms of performance generally. Hot 2 battery is popycock
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by augster(m): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

is there any 6.0 phone in the market from a known brand (and by known brand, I mean a company that spends heavily in advertising) that goes for 60k or below?
please introduce to me.
Infinix Note 2 now runs android 6.. Get that into your head
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MizMyColi(f): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
NapoIeon:

where have you been?

I've been around o

Phones section come turn my fave section.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
akashi01:

Infinix hot 2 runs 6.0

I said KNOWN brand.

There's no way you would compare the advertising spend of infinix to Tecno.

They are not mates.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jidibia:
Tecno agents and marketers are thieves. My customer in gombe is selling this phone for 37k. Was shocked when I saw 41k online. It's fick*n expensive jur

Shut up there if you have no reasonable empirical evidence to backup your claim.

You are callin them thieves as if they sto from you.
What is it about you that one would want to stea anyway? undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Frontier2: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jidibia:

Elephone p8000 even with finger print scanner is 38k on Jumia. 3gb ram, 4200mah, corning gorilla glass 3, 13mp and 5mp back n front camera, 4g network etc
and it will take you a year to deliver from overseas
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by augster(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

I said KNOWN brand.

They are not mates.
Please don't disgrace yourself.. Infinix is a known brand FYI.
Ok how about this? Xiaomi Mi 3 Marshmallow beta version is out! 2013 phone.. See your life.. And please stop arguing blindly
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

Shut up there if you have no reasonable empirical evidence to backup your claim.

You are callin them thieves as if they sto from you.
What is it about you that one would want to stea anyway? undecided
LOL...... U are one of them abi? But the truth is always bitter. Abi I lie? To hell with you..... I no dey buy so go and die.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Frontier2:
and it will take you a year to deliver from overseas

Visit jumia.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by akashi01(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jidibia:

Don't even go there. Infinix hot 2 is crap. It's not by mash Marlow. I will even choose hot3 over hot2 in terms of performance generally. Hot 2 battery is popycock
brother she asked if there's any phone in the matket running 6.0 and i mentioned Hot 2

No be fight sir
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by henry007(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:
The black one is eveen better with matte finish. can't believe i bought it at the same price.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by akashi01(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
dasphinx1:

The same way Camon C8 and Phantom 5 was gonna be upgraded to Marshmallow since Feb, 2016..... This is April 2016 and no updates for those phones.... Same with other tecno phones in the past.... What is the assurance that this J8 would be updated even when the Phantom 5 flagship phone has not been updated yet til now? Even kekere Infinix de use OS upgrade de play now sef yet Tecno, which has been in the market before them cannot even boast of aleast one upgrade. Haba bros, make we talk truth where e de na
Its not always about specs alone which most of you marketers have deliberately turned a blind eye to.

If you feel my post makes me a tecno hater, so be it wink

If say Jumia fit Deliver Cold Orijin for your area ehn

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by henry007(m): 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jidibia:

All na marketing strategy. It's fucking expensive. That money will get you elephone p8000 with 3gb and 4g network, 4200mah, 16gb rom, corning gorilla glass 3
you lost me at 'ele'

it's better to buy a brand that you know and trust jare
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by akashi01(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

I said KNOWN brand.
They are not mates.
who advertises more?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by KingMoskiano(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
Am gonna hustle buy this kinda phone
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Love4phones:

Absolutely. The Gionee M5 Mini is a definitely the best phone in that category. Great battery life and superb user experience all at an affordable price. I own one and the experience has been awesomeee!!!
bros how much n where u buy am
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
henry007 post=44614698 :
you lost me at 'ele' U know tecno b4?
it's better to buy a brand that you know and trust jare
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jidibia(m): 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
akashi01:
brother she asked if there's any phone in the matket running 6.0 and i mentioned Hot 2

No be fight sir
LOL.... No vex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones? / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.