Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35960 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by billy187(m): 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jidibia:

All na marketing strategy. It's fucking expensive. That money will get you elephone p8000 with 3gb and 4g network, 4200mah, 16gb rom, corning gorilla glass 3

Elephone p8000? It amazes me, how they can squeeze those specs into a phone at that price. Well, off to Google to check it out. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Megilicious(f): 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
So Is It Beta Dan Hot Note X551, Just A Ques Am Asking
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by billy187(m): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

Yes I agree with you that it is free and Open.
I also agree with you that Tecno did not use the latest which is 6.0.

Now since you are asserting the freeness and openness of marshmallow, can you please point me to a 6.0 devicein the market now, from a KNOWN BRAND that is below 60k?

That it's free does not mean that smartphone making companies won't factor in some cost when delivering it to final consumers.

Yes, it is a flagship phone because of the new user interface which has never been featured on any Tecno device. Not even their phantom 5. Understood?

Lmao.
You call it just a UI? Oya goan develop one ASAPLY na.
Whether it's just a UI or a microchip..
It takes days and months of resourcefulness/finance to come up with innovative products.

Are you aware of the serious upgrades in this J8 compared to J7?
The headset which was thoughtfully and slickly designed especially for those who like to keep fit with music?

And for your information, there is no company that does not factor in the cost it used to advertise a product when selling to the final consumer.
You get?

Iphone does it, Samsung does it, TECNO should not be any different. Consumers always pay for advertising, because at that point it's no longer just the product you're paying for, but also, the brand personality as well. Your assertion about me shouting advertising upandan shows you have limited knowledge of marketing/sales management.

I have taken my time here today because I've seen the hate most of you launch at Tecno products and it is very appalling.

Having studied brand management, and even doing a project currently, I know how bad it feels to see people talk down your best efforts.

No offence meant, but just shut it already bruv.
You gat nothing on J8

Well, my 2015 Motorola G3, as well as my cousin's 2014 Motorola G2 have both received 6.0 updates - in January and March respectively - heck, 6.0.1 is already rolling out for the G3. The G3 goes for thirty thousand and something Naira... and has all the specs the J8 has, with waterproofing to boot.

U gotta hand it to the motion photos of the J8 though....that's one fine camera there.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by mcpapillo(m): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
That niggie nnananso or something no gree tell is the kind fone wey he dey use o angry
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Oyindebrah(f): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
VickyRotex:
Na phone you dey talk about, abi flower? undecided

He used the phone to take the picture ni,even me self I couldn't read the long notes I jumped to pictures grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ladokuntlad(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
LecciGucci:

bros u still haven't made a point
bcoz i can see many pple asking U whats ur phone brand
and i was suprised to read this to d last paGE and keep seeing ur postS, yet u failed to hit dat poInt that matters. YOUR PHONE NAME! undecided

Xiaomi redmi 3 35k
Or
Homtom 30k
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by LecciGucci: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
ladokuntlad:

Xiaomi redmi 3 35k
Or
Homtom 30k

ok thnks
how much u bought it pls?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by VickyRotex(f): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
Oyindebrah:

He used the phone to take the picture ni,even me self I couldn't read the long notes I jumped to pictures grin

grin I expect make im post the picture of the phone ni.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ladokuntlad(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Megilicious:
So Is It Beta Dan Hot Note X551, Just A Ques Am Asking

Yup.
Far beta.

Though am nt a fan of techno
Bt i will giv thumbs up to j8
It shares similar features with Gionee s_plus
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ladokuntlad(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
LecciGucci:

ok thnks
how much u bought it pls?

Jst stated d price of each beside dem naa
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Oyindebrah(f): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
VickyRotex:

grin I expect make im post the picture of the phone ni.

So you men you have never seen the phone picture its all over the internet na,especially their Tecno forum
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
augster:
Please don't disgrace yourself.. Infinix is a known brand FYI.
Ok how about this? Xiaomi Mi 3 Marshmallow beta version is out! 2013 phone.. See your life.. And please stop arguing blindly

Shut up there joor!
I said known brands and you are naming brands that I've never seen put up a street light ad not talk of a billboard, tv commercial or radio jingle.

J8 is a 5.1 lolipop phone with its own unique interface, a unique and sleekly designed headset.

Those who don't mind about updates (which can come anytime soon) are buying and enjoying their thing.

Haters and Detractors can keep at it.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by kogistar: 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
billy187:

Elephone p8000? It amazes me, how they can squeeze those specs into a phone at that price. Well, off to Google to check it out. grin
don't try with elephone phones, many of them has different problems http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mobile=1

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Sodebo: 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
I don't see how a honest review of a user should become something we all should throw words about.

If you have a functioning phone you wish to hype, please come on board, it's an open field.
Instead of using your bad belle to spoil another man business. Do something.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Reeberry: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up.
Edited[b]
Yes people after I posted the battery graph of the phone am using, a lot of people started asking me what's the make.

Now lot of people believe that my phone has a good battery. But the truth is that I still believe that there are other phones out there that has better battery than mine, I can't tell you here that mine battery is the best lasting battery in its category like what the OP said. That is what is called being transparency and being honest.

I gave TECNO the credit they deserve, TECNO BOOM J8 is beautiful, no doubt about that and even more beautiful than the so called Phantom 5 but it doesn't what the price tag.

About the phone am using, there's Igbo proverb that says "Ahia Di Ma Na Ele Onwe Ya" English meaning "Good product sell itself"
It's only when a company manufacture a failed product and hike the price that they will hire tout to be chasing people around with cutlass and guns to buy the product.

If you buy phone from reputable brand, there will always be certain with their specifications, they don't need to hire touts to flood internet forum and lay false information about their products.

In summary:
Am always transparent and if I should tell you the model of my phone, it will look as if am trying to market the companies product am using thereby painting TECNO black.
Don't let touts sweet mouth you and deceive you with their false information about their products.
Thanks.[/b]

Xiaomi what are you using? I like the interface.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

Shut up there joor!
I said known brands and you are naming brands that I've never seen put up a street light ad not talk of a billboard, tv commercial or radio jingle.

J8 is a 5.1 lolipop phone with its own unique interface, a unique and sleekly designed headset.

Those who don't mind about updates (which can come anytime soon) are buying and enjoying their thing.

Na wa you o.... just throwing insults like basketball.... Calm your tits down bae, we talking tech, you talking advert and marketing. The business section is where you ought to be, your "expertise" would surely be appreciated there, not here, like we even care, you may as well stare, well, ok, we don hear.... ✌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ForeverNew(f): 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
What is pricey about 41k?
BluePearls:
Too pricey. Kindly post pictures of your battery graph/usage so we can affirm with you and maybe testify also that your battery is indeed good smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ForeverNew(f): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nice review @OP, but next time when you want to review a product, make sure the pictures of the products accompany it. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by disserious: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2016
What type of phone are you using and what is the price?
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up.
Edited[b]
Yes people after I posted the battery graph of the phone am using, a lot of people started asking me what's the make.

Now lot of people believe that my phone has a good battery. But the truth is that I still believe that there are other phones out there that has better battery than mine, I can't tell you here that mine battery is the best lasting battery in its category like what the OP said. That is what is called being transparency and being honest.

I gave TECNO the credit they deserve, TECNO BOOM J8 is beautiful, no doubt about that and even more beautiful than the so called Phantom 5 but it doesn't what the price tag.

About the phone am using, there's Igbo proverb that says "Ahia Di Ma Na Ele Onwe Ya" English meaning "Good product sell itself"
It's only when a company manufacture a failed product and hike the price that they will hire tout to be chasing people around with cutlass and guns to buy the product.

If you buy phone from reputable brand, there will always be certain with their specifications, they don't need to hire touts to flood internet forum and lay false information about their products.

In summary:
Am always transparent and if I should tell you the model of my phone, it will look as if am trying to market the companies product am using thereby painting TECNO black.
Don't let touts sweet mouth you and deceive you with their false information about their products.
Thanks.[/b]
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by YoungOldGee: 12:17am On Apr 12, 2016
What an interesting thread..

Fell in love with the battle of brands.
Gionee is good, Elephone is great, We love Tecno.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Elxandre(m): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2016
tobimillar:
Why waste money on a useless techno phone when u can buy infinix of even gionee or better still huwai? Techno is so out of the league and their online marketers here on nairaland are not helping them...
Seriously, this idea of using internet marketers has been counter productive.

I just have this increasing dislike for Tecno phones with each single hype thread I see.

Imagine the clueless agents mentioning Tecno HIOS in the same breath as Marshmallow.

They even boasted of having a faster camera than an iPhone 6s featuring Apple's A9 beastly processors.

Smh...

I wait anxiously for a Tecno vs Samsung S7 thread.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by oginineme(f): 12:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Can you list those phones let me see the alternatives and compare, thanks.
BluePearls:

Which features? There are quite a number of phones out there with better Specs and features, maybe same price or slightly higher smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 12:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Elxandre:

Seriously, this idea of using internet marketers has been counter productive.

I just have this increasing dislike for Tecno phones with each single hype thread I see.

Imagine the clueless agents mentioning Tecno HIOS in the same breath as Marshmallow.

They even boasted of having a faster camera than an iPhone 6s featuring Apple's A9 beastly processors.

Smh...

I wait anxiously for a Tecno vs Samsung S7 thread.

To be honest bruh, aint nothing wrong in the use of internet marketers to promote a product but the way these guys are doing it, it make me wonder if they are acting a script or something. Even if they are acting a script sef, cant they do some little research so as not to be caught pants down? C8 don sha for their eyes. now, na J8 de hot. Soon we go see thread about a J8 user who got his/her headphones into a pit latrine just because he/she was using it while taking a dump at Ladipo cheesy..... Its really appalling, i must confess.
Me sef de wait that Tecno vs S7 thread o.... e go funny die grin

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by oginineme(f): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2016
I believe everyone has the right to express themselves here on NL. No one is forced to read threads nah.
dasphinx1:

To be honest bruh, aint nothing wrong in the use of internet marketers to promote a product but the way these guys are doing it, it make me wonder if they are acting a script or something. Even if they are acting a script sef, cant they do some little research so as not to be caught pants down? C8 don sha for their eyes. now, na J8 de hot. Soon we go see thread about a J8 user who got his/her headphones into a pit latrine just because he/she was using it while taking a dump at Ladipo cheesy..... Its really appalling, i must confess.
Me sef de wait that Tecno vs S7 thread o.... e go funny die grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by VickyRotex(f): 1:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Oyindebrah:

So you men you have never seen the phone picture its all over the internet na,especially their Tecno forum

Yes I havent seen it before. But that's not a problem, cos I could get what it looks like on Google.

The issue here is when you're writing about something like this, you're supposed to show an image of that particular thing to prove a point. The analysis he gave without the image of the phone makes it kind of pointless. #IMO.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by jheed: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2016
VickyRotex:

Yes I havent seen it before. But that's not a problem, cos I could get what it looks like on Google.

The issue here is when you're writing about something like this, you're supposed to show an image of that particular thing to prove a point. The analysis he gave without the image of the phone makes it kind of pointless. #IMO.
This is probably his first time. - shrugs-
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Africanman123(m): 1:30am On Apr 12, 2016
Try and pass computer village carelessly. Lol.
Oladipupo22:
Finally, some one says the truth about this phone

Me I cannot let someone go and pick pocket me ooo

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

More people need to know about this
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
FTC

I dedicate my FTC to my parents who died in an auto crash 25 years ago cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Africanman123(m): 1:32am On Apr 12, 2016
Which one is Telephone again? Lol
YoungOldGee:
What an interesting thread..

Fell in love with the battle of brands.
Gionee is good, Elephone is great, We love Tecno.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by VickyRotex(f): 1:33am On Apr 12, 2016
jheed:

This is probably his first time. - shrugs-

Alright!
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by fashrola(m): 2:53am On Apr 12, 2016
This phone would have been a Lil cheaper.... No thx to current dollar rate
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nsonaso(m): 4:51am On Apr 12, 2016
oginineme:
Can you list those phones let me see the alternatives and compare, thanks.
HOMTOM HT7 Pro check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3029721/brand-new-homtom-ht7-pro
Note: I didn't ask you to buy only check the spec and compare the price with TECNO BOOM J8
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by augster(m): 5:23am On Apr 12, 2016
MaryWest:

Shut up there joor!

Hey dummy, i can see why you‘re so stagnant! So a brand has to be on billboards or tv commercials before it is recognised.. You think through your anus... FYI Xiaomi is the biggest brand in China.. And so why would i waste #41k on something that would gimme headaches and no updates? I‘d rather add some money and get myself another device... Fvck whatever you say... Tecno is a plague

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones? / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.