Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35970 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by addinfo77: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
Oshey, you get my point. Tecno started from grass to grace. Made most nigerians able to purchase android phones

just as Gionee seems to be perceived as low end point but this doesnt change its capability or innovativeness.....
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
easrael:

I still do not understand how you mean when you say someone is paid to talk about a Brand or something!

Does Man U pay you to defend them or Barca?

What is now the fuss!

Every time TECNO fans defend the brand, you assume it's paid!

Lemme stop before I become emotional

You don't need to understand cos not everybody understands everything.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
I sincerely agree with the nigga tho
dasphinx1:

Emotional keh? shocked Nigga calm down.... Its just a phone wink
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nwokoji1: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
emilyone:

More reason why I think Tecno should rebrand by changing its name

The name Tecno is doing more harm than good to their products out there

Well, I think this suggestion Can Work. But then again, the Phone company prefers to Rebrand and Upgrade the Quality of their Products which is also Very Good.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BustScam: 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
A picture of the boom j8 by popular demand

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
This phone is fine too sha. sleeky sleeky
BustScam:
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by dasphinx1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
I sincerely agree with the nigga tho

Well that should be your problem, not mine.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nwokoji1: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
easrael:

I still do not understand how you mean when you say someone is paid to talk about a Brand or something!

Does Man U pay you to defend them or Barca?

What is now the fuss!

Every time TECNO fans defend the brand, you assume it's paid!

Lemme stop before I become emotional

Thank you for this, When people come online to Rain Praises on Phone they love and give Good Reasons why other should try it, You see Comments like Paid agents Etc. Our mentality is Actually what Kept us where we are today. Tecno is a Good Phone and have Greatly improved. That's the Bitter truth Naysayers and Detractors can't Swallows

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BustScam: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
This phone is fine too sha. sleeky sleeky

I know

It is mine sha
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nice analysis of the phone but for a 13 mp, i should honestly say i expected more, like the okada pic, i am damn sure, if we zoom in on the woman at the end of the road, the pic would get blurry and with a 13 mp, it should be very good pictures not average all round performance, i love ur analysis as you broke everything down but they seriously need to work on their camera, sorry to compare but an Iphone 5s 8 mega pixel camera would murder that okada pic, the details you get is very good, i was expecting with a 13 mp, at least something near if not better than the 5s, sorry but this is my constructive criticism, thanks man..
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MizMyColi(f): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:

I just felt my heart leap for joy on sighting the picture you just posted

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by winnijaf(f): 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
You really think so, How many people purchase Huawei phones of over 100k

How Many People Purchase Hi Tech Samsung Phones with Features like the Boom J8 Below 50k?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Phonefanatic: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ready from my Galaxy S7 Edge
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jacinta44(f): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
cheesy

I like the debates going on here.

It seems that everyone who supports Tecno on Nairaland is a paid agent.

Please, I genuinely like tecno and it will be very nice to be paid for something I'm already in Luv with.

Anyone gat the connect?
I wanna be an agent too, if truly they have agents o
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
LOL, you fit loan am to me?? cry
BustScam:

I know

It is mine sha
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by winnijaf(f): 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:

Please don't flaunt it too much, Unless Some people would Visit you and take it from you. grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jacinta44(f): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nwokoji1:

Thank you for this, When people come online to Rain Praises on Phone they love and give Good Reasons why other should try it, You see Comments like Paid agents Etc. Our mentality is Actually what Kept us where we are today. Tecno is a Good Phone and have Greatly improved. That's the Bitter truth Naysayers and Detractors can't Swallows

Gbammerr Bros.
For this comment.
I can give you free clean and fresh punny.
As long as you ride a car though.
smiley

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nice argument from you nigga. Real constructive
3rdlegxxx:
Nice analysis of the phone but for a 13 mp, i should honestly say i expected more, like the okada pic, i am damn sure, if we zoom in on the woman at the end of the road, the pic would get blurry and with a 13 mp, it should be very good pictures not average all round performance, i love ur analysis as you broke everything down but they seriously need to work on their camera, sorry to compare but an Iphone 5s 8 mega pixel camera would murder that okada pic, the details you get is very good, i was expecting with a 13 mp, at least something near if not better than the 5s, sorry but this is my constructive criticism, thanks man..
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by jonmoveek: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
DM me too when you get such a deal
Jacinta44:
cheesy

I like the debates going on here.

It seems that everyone who supports Tecno on Nairaland is a paid agent.

Please, I genuinely like tecno and it will be very nice to be paid for something I'm already in Luv with.

Anyone gat the connect?
I wanna be an agent too, if truly they have agents o
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by WHOcarex: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up
pls which phone is that? I need to get a new phone.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jacinta44(f): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
jonmoveek:
DM me too when if you get such a deal

FYI we are not so sure that such exists.
It could be a figment of imagination o detractors.

Btw
Are you a true tecno fan?
Can you prove it?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Jacinta44(f): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up

How many mAH is your battery bro.
Are that this is a music phone? Which drains battery like kilode?

Abi, shey there is no possibility that your pho calculated your remaining time base on your usage over time.

Make una dey consider these tins biko.

Don't wanna get caught in y'all cross fires.
Bye
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nsonaso(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jacinta44:

How many mAH is your battery bro.
Are that this is a music phone? Which drains battery like kilode?

Abi, shey there is no possibility that your pho calculated your remaining time base on your usage over time.

Make una dey consider these tins biko.

Don't wanna get caught in y'all cross fires.
Bye
My phone has more power than that of J8 and as you can see from the picture I posted. Data is ON 3G and also hotspot is ON . And note that Music doesn't consume battery in a phone.

What consumes battery are
1. 3G network, WI-FI or hotspot
2. Call
3. Video
4. Game
Anything that keeps the phone screen ON
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by kajoula(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
good camera....but has no true depth,if y'all know what i mean...Try sammy S7 or Iphone 5s
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
BolajiChang:
Nice argument from you nigga. Real constructive

Thanks anytime....
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by metrosexual: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam, I have never been a fan of the likes of Techno, Gionee and other related phones but I must confess that the Gionee Marathon M5 Mini is the best phone is the class of such phones.
I don't own one though.

Its got 4G LTE capability
Its got 2GB RAM
Its got 16GB internal memory
Its got a 4000Mah battery (the Boom J8 is 3000Mah)
Its got a 8MP camera, 5MP front camera (*coughs* we all know that the likes of Techno and Gionee camera specifications can't be compared to the likes of Samsung, HTC with same specs though)

And its price is 32K!

That price for me is what's making the phone sell out! So Techno needs to review their price, if Gionee M5 mini is going for 32K then no sane customer would pick it a Boom J8 over M5 Mini.

PS: Nsonaso, Please what phone are you using? The screengrab you posted to disprove the battery strength of the Boom J8 shows a phone with a good battery life, I wanna know which phone please. Thanks.

Cliveglobal1, you asked for a phone with same specs but cheaper price, here you go.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by donhils: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
I have few questions for the op.
1. What is the back of the phone made of? Plastic(glossy or mate finish), glass, or metal??
2. What are the sides made of? Silver coated lining or real metal?
3. Is there a notification light? If yes where is it located?
4. Does the phone come with that thing they call boom headset? U know like a headphone or does it come with all the usual earphones?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by NapoIeon: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

I just felt my heart leap for joy on sighting the picture you just posted

grin grin grin

it's been a long time cool kiss
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by LecciGucci: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

My phone has more power than that of J8 and as you can see from the picture I posted. Data is ON 3G and also hotspot is ON . And note that Music doesn't consume battery in a phone.

What consumes battery are
1. 3G network, WI-FI or hotspot
2. Call
3. Video
4. Game
Anything that keeps the phone screen ON

bros u still haven't made a point
bcoz i can see many pple asking U whats ur phone brand
and i was suprised to read this to d last paGE and keep seeing ur postS, yet u failed to hit dat poInt that matters. YOUR PHONE NAME! undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nezero(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
Let's see your selfie with Ruggedman
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by LecciGucci: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
metrosexual:
BustScam, I have never been a fan of the likes of Techno, Gionee and other related phones but I must confess that the Gionee Marathon M5 Mini is the best phone is the class of such phones.
I don't own one though.

Its got 4G LTE capability
Its got a 4000Mah battery (the Boom J8 is 3000Mah)
Its got a 13MP camera, 5MP front camera (*coughs* we all know that the likes of Techno and Gionee camera specifications can't be compared to the likes of Samsung, HTC with same specs though)

And its price is 32K!

That price for me is what's making the phone sell out! So Techno needs to review their price, if Gionee M5 mini is going for 32K then no sane customer would pick it a Boom J8 over M5 Mini.

PS: Nsonaso, Please what phone are you using? The screengrab you posted to disprove the battery strength of the Boom J8 shows a phone with a good battery life, I wanna know which phone please. Thanks.

m5 mini actually is 8mp rear camera not 13.
its a good phone though i dont have it. but heavy.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Marvell23(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
BustScam:
This device is so beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones? / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.