Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms (5391 Views)

Nigerian Militants Demand Release Of Nnamdi Kanu After Hijacking Ship / EFCC Uncovers Another N3bn Stolen Arms Deal!!! / Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by bawomolo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
so who should be considered the real voice of MEND.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by rasputinn(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ibime:

MEND has never been a unitary body, they just hire different militants to carry out attacks. . . . of course, there are ideological differences. . . the split between some Bayelsa and Delta militant wings is no longer news

Yep I agree with you,but they've closed ranks abit now with the bombing of Gbaramatu

Ibime:

. like I said, just wait till Okah, Gbomo or Asari speak before jumping the gun. . . .

Who's Gbomo Gbomo Jomo is just an alias,just like Cynthia Whyte
Asari doesn't pull much strings within the JRC anymore,though he still has a handful of his loyalists.Okah's influence has been whittled by his erstwhile deputy,Boyloaf,who has now fully asserted himself as an independent militant leader taking along with him majority of Okah's men(though he still speaks of being one with Okah).
IMO,the main militant figures whose opinion will carry any weight are Government (Tompolo),Fara Dagogo,Ateke Tom ,Boyloaf and Okah
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by nex(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2009
Entressant
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by sowura(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2009
na wa, it is just the begining and we all know it, this is a serious issue sha, but on a lighter note i was wondering if an AK costs 50k each and these ppl are asking for 300k to hand theirs over which is now second hand!! why can't the federal government buy 6 AKs with the money and equip our military and para military so they can effectively engage the militants. to me this makes more sense economically and strategically. and after neutralising the militants they should then do whats right by ND and the whole of naija, true federalism for a more sustainable development grin grin grin
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by lookmangiw(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
The MEND guys still cant see the handwritting on the wall with what the government did with the boko haram group.The government is only trying to show them what will happen to them soonest if they dont desist from this criminality.A word is enough for the wise oooo.What could make our retarded,slow,stupid and sick president to do those killings on his northerners brother,then it wont take him anything to destroy the whole nigerdelta militants now.Beware
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by ohaechesi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2009
dear, reacting to your question, any body seating at the corridor of power could at will do the attestation on behalf of the Igbos without his or her ability to hesitate due to the pressure mounted on the nation pertinent to a sovereign move. Let me quickly inform you that the nation at large would had embarked on a sovereign state if not for the war threat from the northern part of the nation.

To my very understanding, the act as being perpetuate by the militants is a welcome idea. we can't fold our arms and watch hoodlums by the virtue of power share up our national cake without minding the hardship, poverty and starvation faced by its citizen. i will be happy if more could be done by this militants cause most of these power drunk abated faces apt to forsake the existance of other human beings. at this point, let me see how they will enjoy their seat with two headed sharped edges pointing at their faces. i will be happy if more could be done by removing those parasite parading their selves in the corridor of power from the surface of the earth, perhaps better reshuffle could be met in our nation for a positive change or what do you think
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by ohaechesi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2009
shesi:

I have a question for whoever cares to answer me. It's something i've wondered for a while but never bothered to ask.

OK, since i've been coming to this site, i've noticed there is quite a lot of agitation from some factions in nigeria who don't want to belong to the federation. my question is this; Nigeria has military coups in the past; my understanding of military coups is that the first order of business is to annul the existing constitution.

so my question is; at the time of the latest transition from military to democratic rule in nigeria, when that new constitution was being drawn, who signed on behalf of the igbos and the niger delta people to become part of the federation? or what was the process like?

i'm asking because for example, if the US had a coup, and later the country was being returned to democratic rule, all the states would have to re-enter the federation all over again. So it would seem to me that in the case of Nigeria, 1999 for example would have been the best time for the seperatists to have refused to sign to the new constitution.

dear, reacting to your question, any body seating at the corridor of power could at will do the attestation on behalf of the Igbos without his or her ability to hesitate due to the pressure mounted on the nation pertinent to a sovereign move. Let me quickly inform you that the nation at large would had embarked on a sovereign state if not for the war threat from the northern part of the nation.

To my very understanding, the act as being perpetuate by the militants is a welcome idea. we can't fold our arms and watch hoodlums by the virtue of power share up our national cake without minding the hardship, poverty and starvation faced by its citizen. i will be happy if more could be done by this militants cause most of these power drunk abated faces apt to forsake the existance of other human beings. at this point, let me see how they will enjoy their seat with two headed sharped edges pointing at their faces. i will be happy if more could be done by removing those parasite parading their selves in the corridor of power from the surface of the earth, perhaps better reshuffle could be met in our nation for a positive change or what do you think
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by rasputinn(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2009
BTW,has the FG responded yet
I bet y'all be shocked when Yara Dull comes out with his response,I'm sure he'll do another stupid thing to seek to placate the militants,he's scared silly of losing further oil revenue(as that's the sole reason he even cares about the militants).That guy and his advisers don't have the faintest idea how to handle well organiised insurgents like the militants in the ND (it's only to arrest and murder foolish bow-and-arrow-wielding Boko haram sect members that the ill-trained NPF can do)
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by rasputinn(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
lookmangiw:

The MEND guys still cant see the handwritting on the wall with what the government did with the boko haram group.The government is only trying to show them what will happen to them soonest if they dont desist from this criminality.A word is enough for the wise oooo.What could make our retarded,slow,stupid and sick president to do those killings on his northerners brother,then it wont take him anything to destroy the whole nigerdelta militants now.Beware

Are you for real,I tell you,if he could,he would have.I saw the youtube video where those useless policemen brought out an obviously frightened boko haram member and used him for target practice,killing him in cold blood,well such things CAN'T HAPPEN in the ND coz dem neva born police wey go go face ND militants.Even soja liver dey cut once they draft them to go to the creeks.With all the bombing of Gbaramatu(which only affected mostly the innocent women and children of the village) ALL the militant leaders are still at large,they even found time to strike in far away Lagos
Are you for a single moment mistaking those hapless Boko haram fools with well funded,well trained,well armed and rugged ND militants.In case you don't know,these guys have stated that they will make sure the economy of this country grinds to a halt by ensuring zero crude export,till the FG agrees to true fiscal federalism,they are half way close to achieving that objective coz Nigeria used to export 3million BPD of crude,but now the figure hovers slightly above half that figure,the FG is aware of this and if they could treat them like the boko haram,they would have done so a long time ago.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Beaf: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2009
That guy was not speaking for MEND. MEND has not yet got a negotiating team and the have not yet made any demands. Same article (contradiction highlighted);

Spokesman of MEND, Jomo Gbomo, in an exclusive e-mail response to an inquiry by Vanguard, however, said “We (MEND) are still consulting and hope that before the expiration of the 60-day ceasefire, the team can discuss with the President’s envoy.”

His words, “We are not interested in any direct talks with the President. There are some of us that crave such meetings and those are in the minority and they are doing so for selfish monetary gains. As long as the President gets our message from Timi Alaibe or from the pages of newspapers, meeting him is not as important as the actions he takes to bring about the change every Nigerian now craves for, such as fiscal federalism”.

He nevertheless said, “The Aaron team has not been put in place, but we are already making progress in taking a common position on the demands to be made”.

Quite clearly Vanguard has rushed out an article that rubbishes itself. If MEND is yet to finish choosing their spokesmen, what can we make of the whole story? How can anybody be speaking for them?
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by rasputinn(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2009
Beaf:

Quite clearly Vanguard has rushed out an article that rubbishes itself.

Talk about looking for a scoop and getting spooked grin grin grin
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
Now this is what i called greed.
300K for one riffle returned? that is pathetic.
There people are dying and suffering from hunger and they want their guns to be paid for, for them to lay it down? i guess, i have to go and but some used riffle too and tell the govt, i wanna return it, so that i can get some 300K each for them.
I will like to see how the FG will dig herself out of these mess now.
I would expect them to ask for some useful terms.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by santanovva(m): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hello.
Please, does anyone have useful information on how I can join the MILITANTS?I am reconsidering becoming a member of[b] MAN (Militants Association of Nigeria)[/b]one but our Universities dont seem to be offering the course YET.

Why waste my years reading YEYE COURSES when MILITANTological Engineering can easily give me a way out? smiley grin
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Nezan(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
Different strokes for different folks: death unto boko-haram, money unto militants, funny grin
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by nnaemmy(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2009
some politicians are just using militancy to play with nigerians, does it mean that nothing can be done abt this thing, i mean during obj regime, it wasnt like dis, well, may be they ve seen they can manipulate yaradua. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by tkb417(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2009
i think they shd be sprayed with some deadly virus grin
3billion for wetin?

na only dem dey ND?
den mama den papa grin grin grin

see rogues
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
tkb417:

i think they shd be sprayed with some deadly virus grin
3billion for wetin?

na only dem dey ND?
den mama den papa grin grin grin

see rogues

lol, good one
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by ufot(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2009
nnaemmy:

some politicians are just using militancy to play with nigerians, does it mean that nothing can be done abt this thing, i mean during obj regime, it wasnt like dis, well, may be they ve seen they can manipulate yaradua. undecided undecided undecided

I tell you folks MEND is playing with fire. Nobody will give them that kind of money. If the government falls for this crap, then other opportunists will follow suit. The government should concentrate on developing these areas for the poor masses. These people are pushing Ya ardua ooo. When the Hausa man change face for them it will be JIHAD. They have to be very very careful.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by babapupa: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2009
Still not a single word about the poor people den claim to be fighting for,

Awon ole jaguda and hustlers pimping their own people for toro kobo.

Wonders shall never end.

I hope the souls and the blood of the innocent security men at Atlas Cove hunt them and theirs and prevent them from spending and enjoying their blood reward in peace.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Fhemmmy: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2009
ufot:

I tell you folks MEND is playing with fire. Nobody will give them that kind of money. If the government falls for this crap, then other opportunists will follow suit. The government should concentrate on developing these areas for the poor masses. These people are pushing Ya ardua ooo. When the Hausa man change face for them it will be JIHAD. They have to be very very careful.

The MEND shuold go and register as a political group, cos they are smart and knows how to play the game of chess.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by zico124(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2009
The government of this country has failed but i dont believe that negotiating with terrorist of any form is the solution. Rather i would suggest that since this negotiation is going to take sometime. The government should call a seat to start an immediate development and construction of as much social amenities and basic infrastructures as they can in the region and as time goes on extends it throughout the federation. I tell you if the so called militants insist they will be fished out by the good citizens of the niger delta. God bless delta. God bless Nigeria
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by drharry: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
are these people joking or what?
These militants are simply crazy. That money is better of used to create job opportunitie in the Niger delta.
YARADUa ignore them,
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by waleluv1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
How are we sure that would solve their problem?

How are we sure they would not raise their throat for #10bay next time?

I pray God deliver us in this country, abi! what do you expect me to say,

I'm fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2009
sorry, they forgot to add the brand new jeep and 10 virgins each.
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by dearie(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
Mend just lost their credibility!
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Remii(m): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2009
Yeah, the real meaning of resource control is coming out now, yeye fowl grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by ndelta1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2009
As an advocate of equity and Justies, I think the said demand should have been for total development of the creeks and the region, No to buying of Arms
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by DaMayor1: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2009
Men, I still dey laff. I actually fell off my chair. pls how much does
F15/ 16 cost? and how many bombs do we need for carpet bombing? cos these guys just used style to tell yaradua NO Deal!!
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by DaMayor1: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2009
Men, I still dey laff. I actually fell off my chair. pls how much does
F15/ 16 cost? and how many bombs do we need for carpet bombing? cos these guys just used style to tell yaradua NO Deal!!
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by Kay17: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2009
The govt have proven again to be indecisive and incompetent. Being chicken-livered and weak to this criminals will only encourage them and soon in every part of the country armed rebellions would sprout the we be a second liberia. And handing out 3billion to the Mend buy better and more sophisticated arms?
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by lech2009: 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2009
i wonder why they are just asking for N3bn,  i was expecting them to ask for half of the country's wealth. what ever has a beggining has an end they just have to know this,
Re: Amnesty: Militants Demand N3bn For Arms by SapeleGuy: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2009
This is a poor attempt to manipulate public opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senators Uncover ₦3B Fake Police Pension Account / Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo: Exposed! Redeemed Pastor Adeboye In N20b Fraud! / How Abubakar Shekau Was Killed [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.