Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (9302 Views)

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Modern Nigeria Like Our Colonial Era. / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:03am On Aug 08, 2009
Sometimes i wonder which is better, being ruled by our colonial masters but we have good roads, education, electricity, water and so on but they will pack all our money and resources to their countries or being ruled by ourselves with no road, education, water, electricity, food and all the rest and our leaders still carry our money to our colonial masters countries.
Since both options involves stealling our money and taking it out of the country at the end, i am begining to think calling the colonial masters back won't be a bad idea, what do you think?
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by babapupa: 4:45am On Aug 08, 2009
Nope!!! Why put band aid on top wound wey no go heal?

Let's go our separate ways.

Break up is inevitable anyways.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by JomoGbomo2(m): 5:03am On Aug 08, 2009
@babapupa, er u saying nigeria should divide? pls clarify.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by babapupa: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2009
Yes, lets go our separate ways.

Regional government/Administration like back in the 5o's is another good option.

Right now, we don't know where we're heading because we have illiterates and semi illiterates who by design are destined to rule us forever.

The colonial masters are just gonna re-set the clock and we're gonna be back @ square one years or decades from now.

Jokes apart, differences between the southern states including (Yoruba, Igbo and S. South) looks pliable, the folks up north are a different breed and we don't have a damn thin in common.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by presido1: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2009
babapupa:

Nope!!! Why put band aid on top wound wey no go heal?
[b]Let's go our separate ways.[/b]Break up is inevitable anyways.
If the highlighted come from an igboman or somebody from ND you will call for his head.
Why do you guys like playing double standard?.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by ezeagu(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2009
How many of these kind of threads need to be made? Haven't we embarassed ourselves enough already?
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by olabukola: 9:17am On Aug 08, 2009
babapupa:

Yes, lets go our separate ways.
Regional government/Administration like back in the 5o's is another good option.
Right now, we don't know where we're heading because we have illiterates and semi illiterates who by design are destined to rule us forever.
The colonial masters are just gonna re-set the clock and we're gonna be back @ square one years or decades from now.
Jokes apart, differences between the southern states including (Yoruba, Igbo and S. South) looks pliable, the folks up north are a different breed and we don't have a damn thin in common.
When did we become pliable with the ibos and S.south people?. From the exchange i hv read here btw you and those people i don't we are. This NL is a micro Nigeria know. Unless u want to inform us that it has been joke all this while as i bolded above.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by IGWEUSA(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2009
olabukola:

When did we become pliable with the ibos and S.south people?. From the exchange i hv read here btw you and those people i don't we are. This NL is a micro Nigeria know. Unless u want to inform us that it has been joke all this while as i bolded above.

Olabukola where were you born/raised? Just being inquisitive because you said in one of your posts that you never spoken/ been
in contact with an Igbo man.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by olabukola: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2009
IGWE_USA:

Olabukola where were you born/raised? Just being inquisitive because you said in one of your posts that you never spoken/ been
in contact with an Igbo man.
Why do you want to know pls.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by PurestBoy(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2009
Na una sabi
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by maedan(f): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2009
Unlike some who simply write here and there to increase their number of posts and not that they wish to contribute sensibly, I think I can say with all seriousness that there are no more any "colonial masters" in the world, or we'd have called them in. UK, US etc are world powers, but we still hold our own international control. If we too vex, I'm sure we can colonize a country or two of our own tongue.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by olalekan1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2009
If it is possible lets call them back.Everyone should support this
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by stmanpule(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2009
honestly falling apart wont do us any help, what we need generally is prayer for God's divine intervention.
 http://mycitynews..com
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Horus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2009
The best thing to do is getting rid of all the Nigerians who have a slave mentality. We should send them to their white slave master.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by skfa1: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2009
Horus:

The best thing to do is getting rid of all the Nigerians who have a slave mentality. We should send them to their white slave master.

Thumbs up
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Akanniade(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2009
Good option but probably not feasible. It will take a civil war for UN to intervene and maybe put in place a true democracy. Those calling for breakup should understand it's not goin to happen without war.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2009
Simply invite d international budies to be an eye over our political mismanagement and vagabondarial standards.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2009
I won't mind o. What's the use of deceving ourselves.

There's no guarantee that things will get better if we go our seperate ways. I think the greatest problem with nigeria above corruption, bad roads, bad power supply is the attitudinal problem of nigerians. They want thing to get better but are not ready to take a step by challenging the government.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Beaf: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2009
The answer is a national conference.
We have never recognised and undone the evil the British did to us (best exemplified by the fact that the name Nigeria was given by lugards mistress).

The mistake we have been making is not seeing that Nigeria was set up for the benefit of others. Its called divide and rule.
Our ruling elite have simply replaced the British and are using divide and rule against us.

There are only three things keeping Nigeria together, they are; brute force, sentiment and greed. All together, they amount to the same exploitation, only this time its by the Hausa-Fulani.

The reason for the current problems all over the place is that the Hausa-Fulani are permanently losing their overwhelming influence, resulting in a power vacuum. Only a democratic system can sieze this vacuum, if the army does, it will definitely end in open war.
The answer is a national conference.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by agathamari(f): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2009
maedan:

Unlike some who simply write here and there to increase their number of posts and not that they wish to contribute sensibly, I think I can say with all seriousness that there are no more any "colonial masters" in the world, or we'd have called them in. UK, US etc are world powers, but we still hold our own international control. If we too vex, I'm sure we can colonize a country or two of our own tongue.

puerto rico/guam/panama and 19 other countries are still controled by the us. canada/new zeland/ australis and another 11 are controled by the UK. france has some, spain, italy and other have them. they are calle self governed protectorates
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Becomrich: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
nice topic
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2009
agathamari:

puerto rico/guam/panama and 19 other countries are still controled by the us. canada/new zeland/ australis and another 11 are controled by the UK. france has some, spain, italy and other have them. they are calle self governed protectorates

Where did you study political science. It's not only ignorant but silly to say britain controls canada. . . . that will have to be the joke of the decade.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by chidyke77(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2009
Calling d colonial bk is impossible bt i wished d stayed wt us up to eighties.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Becomrich: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2009
I do not blame you people for thinking this way. Really your leaders in Nigeria lack what it takes to lead nigeria to become a great nation. Been expose to living with the white man have open my eyes. I can see what is wrong in Nigeria.

After looking at Nigeria and the list you people present. I am beginning to think I should run for president.  I can solve the problem of Nigeria. You see to show you lack of vision of your leader. Even when satellite pictures have shown that the south is more than the north. Good leader stand up to the occasion to solve the problem.

I would be talking with some people this week including sowore and others because we can not leave the future of nigeria into the hand of mediocre while we sit abroad and complain, when we really can make a better change and solve the problem.

I believe I can be president of Nigeria. I believe I can provide you with free health care, free education up to secondary level. Good road etc.

I can pivot the economy to the level of the development world. I have the knowlegde , skill and experience. I think the time to allow mediocre to rule your life should be over. Thieve and pen robbers whose only interest is to steal for you should be over.

I have seen the satellite pictures, I do not think if the united nation count the vote, that I can loss an election. The yorubas are the majority. Tell me how can Yar adua beat me in lagos, only by rigging, or can yar adua beat me in warri. sho, i die if that happen.  We have satellite pictures. I can see every place. so you can rig election against me. I would bring out satellite pictures. And do all calculation, while you never won.

The issue is having a solution how to solve the problem of Nigeria. I can solve it. I can provide free health care. free education, good road etc. I think this is what people should be looking for , not just because someone is from your ethnics group.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Jakumo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomrich:

I do not blame you people for thinking this way. Really your leaders in Nigeria lack what it takes to lead nigeria to become a great nation. Been expose to living with the white man have open my eyes. I can see what is wrong in Nigeria.

After looking at Nigeria and the list you people present. I am beginning to think I should run for president.  I can solve the problem of Nigeria. You see to show you lack of vision of your leader. Even when [size=18pt]satellite pictures [/size][size=18pt] have shown[/size] that the south is more than the north. Good leader stand up to the occasion to solve the problem.

I would be talking with some people this week including sowore and others because we can not leave the future of nigeria into the hand of mediocra while we sit abroad and complain, when we really can make a better change and solve the problem.

I believe I can be president of Nigeria. I believe I can provide you with free health care, free education up to secondary level. Good road etc.

I can pivot the economy to the level of the development world. I have the knowlegde , skill and experience. I think the time to allow mediocre to rule your life should be over. Thieve and pen robbers whose only interest is to steal for you should be over.

[size=18pt]I have seen the [/size] [size=18pt]satellite pictures[/size], I do not think if the united nation count the vote, that I can loss an election. The yorubas are the majority. Tell me how can Yar adua beat me in lagos, only by rigging, or can yar adua beat me in warri. sho, i die if that happen.  [size=18pt]We have satellite pictures[/size]. I can see every place. so you can rig election against me. I [size=18pt]would bring out satellite pictures[/size]. And do all calculation, while you never won.

The issue is having a solution how to solve the problem of Nigeria. I can solve it. I can provide free health care. free education, good road etc. I think this is what people should be looking for , not just because someone is from your ethnics group.

Ha ha ha Yes Yes Yes.  The satellite KING has resurected from the dead, after his 98th ban from Nairaland, and he is poised to deliver those all important [size=28pt]SATELLITE PICTURES [/size], meaning that now I can postpone my planned suicide in protest over the mysterious disappearance of our mentor, guru, role-model and GOD,   the Always Mighty, Ever Popular Becomerich, of the Satellite Picture fame.   

ha ha ha  I am happy again, and all is well in the universe today.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2009
@agathamari

Please stop this. You're intelligent but uninformed. I've seen a couple of your posts and you discuss with much logic, but no fact. No country controls Canada.

@poster

na you get colonial master, not me. What I know happened in Nigeria was invasion by savage terrorists. So if you want to be re-invaded by savage terrorists, go ahead.

I diem not intend to discuss this thread at length, but since I've already started, let's go there.

If there were more tarred roads in Nigeria during the invasion, how come there are roads today that don't have a drop of tar on them?

If the about 60 million Nigerians who were under siege had electricity, how come since 1960 we've been wiring the whole country with power lines and we still haven't gotten to some places yet.

If there were so many schools, why have we built so many more both publicly and privately, yet they're still not enough.

If almost all the crops Nigeria produced during our captivity were exported, what makes you think there was food? Were we swallowing the cocoa, drinking the palm oil, munching on the cotton and chewing the groundnuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

The funny thing is that if you read wide you will know that after the American war of independence, these were the kind of questions that people were bringing up for decades that didn't make the country go anywhere. Today, the USA carries your colonial master along like an obedient servant.

You can go find yourself an Oyibo man and make him your slave master. As for me and my family, we will one day make the British our slaves.

Look at Libya, they've charged Italy for the savage attack and in situ slavery of their people, and Italy has paid about $5 billion. How many are they o Libya? How much superior fire power did the Italians have over them? Instead of demanding those Brutish people to pay $1 trillion for all their atrocities and for fallaciously pegging the Naira at par with their pound, you want to go beg them.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Uchek(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
Yesooooooooooooooooooooooooo! sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by ekpan: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2009
Naah y'all need MEND not Colonial Masters
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Becomrich: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2009
jakumo, this is what is wrong with Nigeria, seun is either scared or hate the truth.

We have got to the level when a young nigerian cant stand for the truth. Look if Yar adua and the national assembly do not remove the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic to avoid a civil war, I think I would run for office.

This tells the whole world you have leaders who can not solve simple problem. A leader most be smart, people who are not smart should not think of leadership. thugs should not lead. We do not need weak leaders.

colonial master look better than your leaders. My dad went to school in nigeria during the period of the colonial master and some of the thing he claim he enjoyed, I never enjoyed them during my days in the University. Even those of you young and may be going to university, do they know your rooms at the university of ilorin had telephone when we got admitted into the university. I mean telephone.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2009
the colonial masters never left,they only moved headquarters(colonial) to uk.
Mahathir Muhammed (malaysia's former prime minister) gave a speech in 1999 about africa " what has been ignored deliberately or otherwise is that political independence does not automatically result in economic independence.Until economic independence is achieved,the African countries will always remain beholden to their former colonial masters in Europe.And economic hegemony is as bad as political overlordship.indeed it is worse because it is insidious,yet it extends into the political domain as well.it is in fact colonisation by another name".
in a recently declassified document made public by the British government on the last fifty years of colonisation in nigeria,the british government agreed that they help rig the first ever election held in nigeria thereby installing their preferred candidate into power. we should all wake up,they never really left and we are never independent, like before they rule us with the collaboration of some powerful elites and even some NGO's.!!!
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by mamagee6(f): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2009
Nope, Our Country is worst already. grin
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by etengokoi(m): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
Life must always be transitional, from one stage to another. Yesterday was Colonial Masters, today is Nigerians themselve, tomorrow will be a better Nigerian Himself. Thinking of Calling back the Colonial Masters is like going back to the era of slave trade. Nigeria is in our hands for the change we dream.
A country full of corrupt leaders and citizenary really has a long way to go. is all about collective responsibilty, trying to contribute ur own quater to effect this change. If I as an individual has the opportunity to rule, i might still formble. so we need to first work on ourselves before effecting a positive change on the society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday / 10,000 Jobless Amnesty Beneficiaries Return To Creeks / Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.