Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,938 members, 7,838,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (9315 Views)

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Modern Nigeria Like Our Colonial Era. / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Aug 18, 2009
Amaka, you know how they say there are always many sides to a story? Well, there are many sides to this Biafran tale, so do not presume you have the facts right just from hearing from what has been told you from the one side.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:50am On Aug 18, 2009
either way it goes!! . . .

i dont want to see this again.

i dont even mind the tales of the war but why would someone supply weapons to a nation that is on the brinks of a civil war? its just not right.
they are obviously going to be used to kill.

i just dont want to EVER see this happen again, never.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Aug 18, 2009
Stop with the pretence already. Before the white man came, where do you think villages got their weapons when they wanted to go out to attack far away enemies or even their next door neighbour? Ofcourse from other villages. Is this NEW? Ofcourse not.

You don't want to ever see it again, maybe you ought to do your homework then, and learn what truly happened so you can better p-revent it from happening again, rather than sitting here blaming everyone else for mistakes made by all sides, including the so called biafrans, that brought about the murdering of so many lives.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:54am On Aug 18, 2009
i got your point already.

sheesh! wink
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by ceah(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2009
Hahahaha, i woke up just now ,
and the winner is kobojunkie,
hahahaha,
Pathetic
GOD BLESS ME. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

HAHAHA, Amaka, i like your ps; (i will marry a nigerian man, ). MARRY ME, hahahaha, Adios
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2009
ceah:

Hahahaha, i woke up just now ,
and the winner is kobojunkie,
hahahaha,
Pathetic
GOD BLESS ME. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

HAHAHA, Amaka, i like your ps; (i will marry a nigerian man, ). MARRY ME, hahahaha, Adios

hahaha, go back to sleep! hehehe
i will marry a naija man, no doubt! grin
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Kobojunkie: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2009
@Amaka, I am just saying that at some point in this cycle, we need to stop and admit that no one else has failed us. We have failed our ownselves and no one is going to come rescuse us, but then assure us the same freedom we have had to loot and pillage in our own.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2009
no one is going to rescue us but ourselves.
this is the problem, we are always waiting and depending on someone to do something for us.

anyway im tired of this debate.
bye! smiley
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2009
Abeg, anybody wey wan go back to slavery, it has now been privatized. You can sell yourself to any Oyibo of your choice at a price of $65,000. Thank God for democracy and freewill.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Kobojunkie: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2009
Nevermind that 90% of Africa have been and are currently living as slaves in their own Fatherland, all courtesy or the black man !!!
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by cap28: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
kobojunkie

you are wrong to compare Australia and Canada to Nigeria as former colonies that are doing well in contrast to Nigeria because britain's relationship with these countries was and remains completely different from its relationship with Nigeria.

first of all Australia and Canada were founded as settler colonies for whites. In the case of Australia this was where ex convicts who were no longer wanted nor needed in britain were sent. the british massacred or removed most of the indigenous aboriginal population to reservation areas and resettled the dregs of their own society in these countries however these people were still regarded as equal to their british colonial masters and were allowed to run and manage their own affairs very early on in their development by way of what was known as home rule. This is in marked contrast to what happened with Nigeria, the colonialists intentions were purely exploitative - they were not interested in developing the country only pillaging and plundering whatever it had to offer, also the british regarded we the "nigerian" people as heathens and savages and they beleived that they had to "civilize" us by bringing christianity and western education. They treated us as if we were children and self rule was to be granted only if they were allowed to chose and control all subsequent leaders.

The economies of Australia and Canada have flourished due to the fact that Britain's relationship with them is not an exploitative one, both countries enjoy fair and equitable trading and immigration agreements with britain because they(Australians and canadians) are seen as their own people who share a common ancestry - this is definitely NOT the case in terms of the relationship that britain has with nigeria.

your statement about aid is totally wrong - the aid that countries like the US provides us with is a scam - they offer LOANS with what they call conditionalities attached - these conditionalities when complied with cause extreme poverty to ordinary people in the recipient countries and hamper economic growth.

other scams that they engage in which they call aid involve the building of what is known as white elephant projects (expensive unecessary constructions works) at inflated prices with money that they LOAN us - again these are all scams these contracts are usually awarded to their own contractors and therefore the money goes back into their own pockets and these useless projects only benefit the collaborators (FGN) who get kick backs and the donor/contractor (the US).

you refer to private donations made to Nigeria from white men to the tune of $2trillion -i find that highly unlikely, no white man gives you that kind of money without expecting to get his pound of flesh

Amaka is right in stating that the british armed nigeria during the biafran war, as a matter of fact most western countries deliberately arm both sides of a conflict in order to maximise their profits America did this in the first and second world wars as well as Vietnam - this should give you an idea as to the type of people you are holding in high esteem.

Kobojunkie one mistake you make is that you tar every nigerian with the same brush by assuming that we are all corrupt by the statement: " If not the British, then whom? Nigerians? The same ones that have reduced the nation to a laughing stock in less than a century?" - that statement shows a lack of understanding and a beleif that we as a nation are completely inept - the northern elite are not the nigerian people - i beleive that there are honest people in Nigeria who are capable of leading this country.

finally i totally agree with Amaka on the biafran war issue - the british colluded with their northern lap dogs to decimate the igbos - FACT, Kobojunkie can you please explain to me how igbos brought the genocide of their own people on themselves? can you explain why 30,000 igbos (including men, women and children) were slaughtered by screaming lynch mobs in the north for the simple reason that they were prosperous and ambitious, can you explain to me why igbo males over the age of 10 were lined up against the wall in asaba and shot in the head by nigerian soldiers, can you explain why pregnant igbo women had their stomachs cut open by nigerian soldiers? i dont think you know what you are talking about.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
Some people don't know how the French who were supporting "la revolution de liberte" of the Biafrans were also selling weapons to the Nigerian Government.

People can't explain why the USA is crying out about the killing of Darfuris, yet they are the number one deliverer of weapons to the Sudanese Government, followed by the French, fellowed by the Chinese whom the USA accuse the most.

Anybody that wants to become re-enslaved by the Oyibo people is free. They should just not involve the rest of us. Rumour has it that the life of an average Nigerian is now valued at about N10,000,000 or $65,000. Go ahead.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by cap28: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
@nex i totally agree - most foreign governments are controlled by a military industrial complex whose sole objective is to make HUGE profits - in 2005 UK's arms sales to nigeria were valued at £53m - i beleive that figure has increased since then

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2005/jun/12/uk.hearafrica05

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan's Brother Died Of Cardiac Arrest / Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump / How Many Of You Travelled To Participate In This Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.