Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,937 members, 7,841,597 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? (9317 Views)

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Modern Nigeria Like Our Colonial Era. / Is It Time To Invite Our Colonial Masters To Return? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

call them back for what? shocked
what can they do for us?
RUBBISH!!

The sure can do more than our dumb leaders have done in the last almost 50 years
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The sure can do more than our dumb leaders have done in the last almost 50 years

i dont think they can do any better than what we are doing now.
call them back for what? that would be a SHAME!!!
the only country filled with oil being ruled by the british again.

either way is stupid, but i think we should sort it out ourselves.
the british probably dont care to rule us again.
that will give people more of a reason to say that "Niggers cant run their own country"

NO NEED FOR THE FILTHY BRITISH.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i dont think they can do any better than what we are doing now.
call them back for what? that would be a SHAME!!!
the only country filled with oil being ruled by the british again.

either way is stupid, but i think we should sort it out ourselves.
the british probably dont care to rule us again.
that will give people more of a reason to say that "Niggers cant run their own country"

NO NEED FOR THE FILTHY BRITISH.

Show me one thing about Nigeria at present that is not shameful
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Show me one thing about Nigeria at present that is not shameful
you obviously dont know what im talking about.

my whole point is WHAT CAN THE BRITISH DO FOR US?
DO YOU THINK THEY WANT OR CARE TO RUN NIGERIA PROPERLY?
THEY ARE JUST GOING TO TAKE OUR OIL AND DO ALL SORTS OF RUBBISH WITH IT.
NOTHING GOOD WILL COME FROM THE BRITISH, SO WHATS THE POINT.

EITHER WAY NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

HOW DO WE KNOW THE BRITISH WANT TO RULE US ANYWAY?
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

you obviously dont know what im talking about.

my whole point is WHAT CAN THE BRITISH DO FOR US?
DO YOU THINK THEY WANT OR CARE TO RUN NIGERIA PROPERLY?
THEY ARE JUST GOING TO TAKE OUR OIL AND DO ALL SORTS OF RUBBISH WITH IT.
NOTHING GOOD WILL COME FROM THE BRITISH, SO WHATS THE POINT.

EITHER WAY NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

HOW DO WE KNOW THE BRITISH WANT TO RULE US ANYWAY?

trust me, i understand where yuo coming from.
Oyinbo man will steal 30% of the money and spend the rest on the project, but Nija man will steal 150% of the whole money, cos they will borrow join what they have, so that it can be enuf for them to steal
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

trust me, i understand where yuo coming from.
Oyinbo man will steal 30% of the money and spend the rest on the project, but Nija man will steal 150% of the whole money, cos they will borrow join what they have, so that it can be enuf for them to steal

i still dont believe the white man can do anything for us.
what can they do? i suppose NOTHING.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i still dont believe the white man can do anything for us.
what can they do? i suppose NOTHING.

They can use the money from the Oil to develop the nation better than the idiots at Aso rock cld ever imagine
They will understand that electricity is so important, since our leaders' priority has been misplaced.
They will know development starts with roads and understand investment in the future means taking care of the kids and the youths and make sure they are useful and not just walking the street.
They will make sure that farming is mechanized in reality and not just on papers.
they will make sure the the hospitals are good enuf for the senators as well and no need to go to saudi for treatments.
Infact, that will do all
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

They can use the money from the Oil to develop the nation better than the idiots at Aso rock cld ever imagine
They will understand that electricity is so important, since our leaders' priority has been misplaced.
They will know development starts with roads and understand investment in the future means taking care of the kids and the youths and make sure they are useful and not just walking the street.
They will make sure that farming is mechanized in reality and not just on papers.
they will make sure the the hospitals are good enuf for the senators as well and no need to go to saudi for treatments.
Infact, that will do all

WOW! AND HOW ARE YOU SO SURE THEY WILL DO THIS ALL? WHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE?
OR DID THEY TELL THIS TO YOU.

im just being straight up. you cant assume those white people will do anything for us.
dont be so sure of yourself.
they might just use that as a way to control us all over again.
i dont want to see another war where we have to fight for freedom.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

WOW! AND HOW ARE YOU SO SURE THEY WILL DO THIS ALL? WHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE?
OR DID THEY TELL THIS TO YOU.

im just being straight up. you cant assume those white people will do anything for us.
dont be so sure of yourself.
they might just use that as a way to control us all over again.
i dont want to see another war where we have to fight for freedom.

They are not doing it for you and i
they will be doing it, cos they resides there and they dont wanna live like a fool and get used to ways of living like our leaders have made us to be accustomed to.
So many Nigerians when they get home from work and there is light, they are surprised and say "thank God", electricity is a right of the people.
If white man has a choice btw giving everyone light and dont ave to listen to the noise of a generator, they will do it, something that our leader dance to the noise of the noisy gens
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

They are not doing it for you and i
they will be doing it, cos they resides there and they dont wanna live like a fool and get used to ways of living like our leaders have made us to be accustomed to.
So many Nigerians when they get home from work and there is light, they are surprised and say "thank God", electricity is a right of the people.
If white man has a choice btw giving everyone light and dont ave to listen to the noise of a generator, they will do it, something that our leader dance to the noise of the noisy gens

this is all to benefit for them, NOT FOR US!!
WHITE MAN DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US.
there is still no confirmation that they will do ANYTHING FOR NIGERIA.
im done with this topic, because ive said what i said.
my opinion has been stated!
nothing else.

bye. smiley kiss
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

this is all to benefit for them, NOT FOR US!!
WHITE MAN DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US.
there is still no confirmation that they will do ANYTHING FOR NIGERIA.
im done with this topic, because ive said what i said.
my opinion has been stated!
nothing else.

bye. smiley kiss

when the giving light, they wont do that for just few house and i am sure yur house and mine will enjoy it too.
When they making roads better, they will do it for all, and that means your car and mine can last longer.
I am not saying they like u or me, but me and yu will enjoy what they would have done.
Most of all we have today were some of what was done while they were still around.
I trvelled Ibadan road while they were doing it recently and i was ashamed
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Fhemmy

you again?! You want to complain about Nigeria being ruled by us for almost 50 years now with nothing to show for it. How about the Brutish ruling Nigeria for more than 70 years. What do you have to show for it?

Now lemme teach you how revenue generated by the British in Nigeria was used.

The Brutes had companies who used Nigerian resources free of charge, then repatriated the profits to The UK where it was shared between the Crown and the Royal appointed company. Human labour was mostly used for free.

Now besides these monies being extradited to Europe, the locals were taxed too. Hut tax, cattle tax, land tax, livery tax, and other income tax.

70% of this tax was sent as pocket money to young Elizabeth whom at that time was just a child. Then the remaining 20% was given to traditional rulers to take care of themselves, build roads, schools and manage the state. Finally, the 10% left over is for maintaining the colonial officers, their families, their offices and residential quarters.

Now, when the time comes for rail or road construction, the traditional rulers will gather all the men in his domain and inform them that one day out of their week is now property of the Brutish Crown. You choose the day of the week that you will be a free slave to Elizabeth, or if you can afford it, bail yourself out in cash. The traditional rulers will then commandeer the temporary slaves to the site of work where the Europeans will supervise the work.

Apart from this direct slave system which I know you won't enjoy, there is the system of permanent employment slavery where if you are offered a job in the groundnut, cocoa or palm plantations and you know that the salary offered is less than what you earn from your own farm, they impose a tax on your farm and your hut that is more than everything you earn from your farm and threaten you with jail if you can't pay. So you have to work for them for the extra cash to pay your tax. Moonlighting between both farms.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Nex

Thanks for educating me, and i so much appreciate that, and i mean it.
however, here is where i differ.
That time has gone, if you think about it, we already have the colonial master back in nigeria, you just fail to recognize it.
Go to warri, VI, VGC and all you see are white people enjoying where you cant afford to go, at the gateman that will shoot you is a black man, can even be your cousin.
Most of the projects if any is being done in Nigeria is happening, it is the white man that are doing them, and tell me where you think the profit is going? tell me where you think the tax they paying is going as long as they can trace it?
DOnt let us fool ourselves, we are being rules by them and our slave master P{FG} just busy stealing money.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

@Nex

Thanks for educating me, and i so much appreciate that, and i mean it.
however, here is where i differ.
That time has gone, if you think about it, we already have the colonial master back in nigeria, you just fail to recognize it.
Go to warri, VI, VGC and all you see are white people enjoying where you cant afford to go, at the gateman that will shoot you is a black man, can even be your cousin.
Most of the projects if any is being done in Nigeria is happening, it is the white man that are doing them, and tell me where you think the profit is going? tell me where you think the tax they paying is going as long as they can trace it?
DOnt let us fool ourselves, we are being rules by them and our slave master P{FG} just busy stealing money.

STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!!
EITHER WAY IT GOES, THE WHITE MAN HAS NO INTEREST OF THE NIGERIAN AT HEART.
THEY DONT GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT US.
THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION THAT THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR US!
EVERYTHING IS FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT.
THIS GIRL, WHITE PEOPLE CANT DO SHIT FOR US AS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT CAN DO SHIT FOR US.
LEAVE IT BE.
NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN EITHER WAY. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!!
THIS GIRL, WHITE PEOPLE CANT DO SHIT FOR US AS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT CAN DO SHIT FOR US.
LEAVE IT BE.
NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN EITHER WAY. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hahahahahaha.
i am sure we all know that all the leaders we have had so far, dont give a hoot about me and you either, so what difference would it make?
We will enjoy some of the crumbs from the table, unlike the fools we have as leaders that nothing even come from the table.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahaha.
i am sure we all know that all the leaders we have had so far, dont give a hoot about me and you either, so what difference would it make?
We will enjoy some of the crumbs from the table, unlike the fools we have as leaders that nothing even come from the table.

YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN STATEMENT.
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? EXACTLY!!!
WHY SHOULD WE BE EATING CRUMBS IF THEY DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US.
THEY DONT HAVE NIGERIA'S BEST INTEREST AT HEART.
ONLY TO RULE OVER US AND TELL US WHAT TO DO.
USE US FOR CHEAP LABOUR SO THEY CAN THEN BENEFIT FROM IT.
IM TIRED OF THIS POINTLESS DEBATE.
ADIOS!!
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN STATEMENT.
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? EXACTLY!!!
WHY SHOULD WE BE EATING CRUMBS IF THEY DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US.
THEY DONT HAVE NIGERIA'S BEST INTEREST AT HEART.
ONLY TO RULE OVER US AND TELL US WHAT TO DO.
USE US FOR CHEAP LABOUR SO THEY CAN THEN BENEFIT FROM IT.
IM TIRED OF THIS POINTLESS DEBATE.
ADIOS!!

The difference is that, you will still eat something rather than nothing with the fools called leaders that we currently have.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
ALSO,
in lagos in particular its very hard to find work because the population is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

also some people move to lagos in search of work, only making the city more crowded.
some people need to know that lagos is not the only place for work.
some people think if they are not in lagos, then there are no other opportunities anywhere else.
they need to know that lagos is not the last resort, because its said to be one of the hardest places to get a decent job in nigeria.
wouldnt you think because of the population?
some people need to go abuja, kano, and other places where jobs might be available.

this is kinda unrelated but then again it goes along with the problems in nigeria.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Fhemmy

you just made clear yourself that if you make an attempt as to go so close to the Oyibos, your own cousin could probably be the one to shoot you. This is when you have not even given them political power.

When I was still in Magodo GRA in Lagos, I used to drink beer for N200 at the same spot (7-11, Grandview Plaza) where people like Bola Tinubu came to relax once in a while. As you may be guessing right now, I was not shot dead.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!!

Why should they? Give me ONE SOLID REASON why they should?

THE AMAKA:

Why should they?

THE AMAKA:

LEAVE IT BE.

How can they do anything for us when we continue to cut our own selves short in these deals? How come other areas are able to have a MUTUALLY beneficial relationship with the same WHITE MAN but for some reason you never seem to? Can you please THINK DEEP and then answer that question?  Please do not just post a response for the sake of it. I would really appreciate it if you ponder these things first.

Why is Ghana/Kenya etc able to make deals with the same WHITE MAN and come away with loads of benefits but your Nigeria is not getting anything from the same people? Why is South Africa/Egypt/China able to do business with the same and come away with good deals?

Why in the world do you EXPECT the next man, who is himself Trying to PROTECT his own, to TAKE ON YOUR OWN BURDENS when even you are UNWILLING to take care of your own, let alone yourself? I mean, Is the WHITE MAN supposed to be NIGERIA's BABYSITTER/NANNY MOTHER/PROTECTOR or something?
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by redsun(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
Forget oyinbo,he believes strictly in the survival of fittest,he has no mercy for the weak outside his fold,not even lion is as predatory.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
nex:

@Fhemmy

you just made clear yourself that if you make an attempt as to go so close to the Oyibos, your own cousin could probably be the one to shoot you. This is when you have not even given them political power.

When I was still in Magodo GRA in Lagos, I used to drink beer for N200 at the same spot (7-11, Grandview Plaza) where people like Bola Tinubu came to relax once in a while. As you may be guessing right now, I was not shot dead.

another name that makes me sick
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by redsun(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The difference is that, you will still eat something rather than nothing with the fools called leaders that we currently have.
[/quot

Flemmmy,have u forgotten u are a leader?Why are u sidetracking urself for whiteman to solve ur problems?

Difficulties are the test of manhood,how can we prove our "beinghood"if we can't solve problems?
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
redsun:

Flemmmy,have u forgotten u are a leader?Why are u sidetracking urself for whiteman to solve ur problems?

Difficulties are the test of manhood,how can we prove our "beinghood"if we can't solve problems?

Yes, i am a leader, and since changes from our own little area and yard are not making no difference.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by redsun(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yes, i am a leader, and since changes from our own little area and yard are not making no difference.

U got just one life to live man,don't keep wishing.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
redsun:

U got just one life to live man,don't keep wishing.

Now all jokes apart, no wishing at all, i do what i can do from my end.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by redsun(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Now all jokes apart, no wishing at all, i do what i can do from my end.

Every breath u take is ur time.Can't u see u are ur own?even when we all think we are all the same.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
redsun:

Every breath u take is ur time.Can't u see u are ur own?even when we all think we are all the same.

whoever think we are all same has lied to u.
Everyone to him own.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by redsun(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

whoever think we are all same has lied to u.
Everyone to him own.

Then u better ride.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
been riding and cant wait for us to change Nija
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Why should they? Give me ONE SOLID REASON why they should?

Why should they?

How can they do anything for us when we continue to cut our own selves short in these deals? How come other areas are able to have a MUTUALLY beneficial relationship with the same WHITE MAN but for some reason you never seem to? Can you please THINK DEEP and then answer that question? Please do not just post a response for the sake of it. I would really appreciate it if you ponder these things first.

Why is Ghana/Kenya etc able to make deals with the same WHITE MAN and come away with loads of benefits but your Nigeria is not getting anything from the same people? Why is South Africa/Egypt/China able to do business with the same and come away with good deals?

Why in the world do you EXPECT the next man, who is himself Trying to PROTECT his own, to TAKE ON YOUR OWN BURDENS when even you are UNWILLING to take care of your own, let alone yourself? I mean, Is the WHITE MAN supposed to be NIGERIA's BABYSITTER/NANNY MOTHER/PROTECTOR or something?

look here! there is a difference between making deals with a country and calling a country back to rule over it.
you can make deals with the white man (not that we already havent with all the oil and things like that) but to call the white man to come and rule your country for something that isnt even guaranteed to take place, then thats when there is a problem.
Re: Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back? by nex(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Kobojunkie

you're here again to come and chastise us again ba?

We were not expecting the Brutish to come babysit us. We hardly even knew who they were or if really they existed when they came down on us with their guns and canons to fulfil their God bestowed "white man's burden". So don't get confused when some Africans complain that the "white man" offloaded this burden which no one begged him to bear after making a couple trillion Pounds Sterling off Africans.

In as much as I'm not among those calling for the Brutes to return with their barbaric slavery, I have to state here that THEY OWE US.

Little Italy that didn't do much in Libya is already paying billions of dollars in reparation for their wealth stolen during colonization.

Rather than Nigerians to call the UK and say, guy come here. Please, all the money you just expatriated from us during those more than 70 years, we want them back. With interest. All the 70 years you occupied the entire 900,000 square km of Nigerian land, pay us the rent. All the people you killed in your unprovoked jihad against the good people of Nigeria. You will be fined for each life just like it was done in the matter of the Lockerbie bombing. For all the labourers you forced into your plantation you will pay $10/hour for the labour multiplied by 70 years.

We have to send Ojo Madueke to Buckingham Palace to tell Elizabethe that our labour and strife built that edifice. We have to ask them that putting the issue of the trans-Atlantic slave trade aside, Brutania owes us $21 trillion. For all your brutality, please pay up or else you may soon understand what social militancy means.

So believe me my fellow Nigerians. The United Kingdom and their Crown owes us a lot and we're not begging. We're demanding payment for work done and wealth created. Failure to comply will be met with 10 million Al majiris, 10 million Italian connection girls and 10 million Niger Delta youths at their shores.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Pity The New Ooni's Wife / Opening Ceremony Of Tokyo International Conference On African Development / Obiano: Why I Attracted FG's Delegation To Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.