Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (16287 Views)

How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? / Should A Jobless Guy Go Into A Relationship? / Should I Marry This Single Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by donholy28(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2016
Bia girl re u a lesbian boy?
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Victorakats(m): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2016
K
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by shegzan(m): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2016
I'd advise dah u get a bow tie and suit urslf oo... Tz ur life man!!
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by histemple: 10:44am On Apr 29, 2016
@ Op. Your father is talking from the standpoint of an experienced man. Some tribes are better left alone, trust me.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by 9jatatafo(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
This question should be:

1. Are my pleased with that woman?

2. Are my comfortable with her?

3. Does she give me cause to take down the aisle?

4. Do I have future with this woman?

5. Does she posses the potentials I needed in a woman?

After asking yourselves these series of questions & you find no reason to do away with her, Bros abeg no let that woman pass you by. We are talking about peace of mind here not tribe, we are talking about life imprisonment(marriage) here not tribe. I don't mind marrying from any part of the country if i ask myself questions above.

Are my or am I?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by mekaboy(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Go and eat first and take all the drugs ur parents recommended. Na person wey beleful dey marry.

Go and feed yourself first before looking for wife. U never get common girlfriend na advice on marriage u dey seek.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by molas02: 10:45am On Apr 29, 2016
do nt marry frm North, remember David in d Bible

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Tribalism, so deeply ensconced in our society! angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Jerryxed92: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2016
it's kinda funny and crazy sometimes. my mom is a marriage commitee and she cancels othors for marriage. , but she is still kin on me not marrying from another tribe... i was trying to explain to them that i love the girl and the girl have good heart..... but my anty who has a master degree is still saying what do i know..... tot education should have helped her know better that its all about the heart

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2016
This question sha.....But there's no girl in the picture nah.

Anyway, most Nigerian parents wont agree to marrying from another tribe but if you are sure she's the ones and possesses all/most of the qualities you are looking for then go ahead and persuade them. it will be hard and take long (even 10yrs) but they'll get tired eventually and succumb
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by mutvy: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Yes, as long as you love each other and you 've settled other issues such as religion, place of worship, bloodgroup etc.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by bedspread: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2016
olihilistic:
smelling nonsense
Na wa for you oooo..... grin grin grin grin!! SMELLING NONSENSE
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fransixe(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2016
Them say wetin papa see while sitting, even when we climb ladder we no go for see am....am not saying the elders are always right oh, but in making your choice of a woman, still consider their small inputs oh....me myself believe in marrying women from any part of this world....
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by KoldKash(m): 10:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Tribe is not as primary as is intrinsic character.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Pamelayoung: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Diary of a jobless Nigerian youth indeed.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by onlykayode: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Please marry from your tribe. I am saying this based on experience. First of all, you know marriages are done at the woman's place. That is the first challenge, that means you will have to mobilize your family and well wishers attending the marriage to the venue. Think of the transport cost. After this comes the challenge of transport cost to visit and attend any social functions involving your wives family members. Another one is which language is your children going to speak as a local language beside english. remember, your wife will always want your children to speak her own mother tongue, that means your own identity will be lost as a man. Men, always think before you leap into marriage, because your whole life depends on it.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2016
bedspread:
Na wa for you oooo..... grin grin grin grin!! SMELLING NONSENSE
ehh nah nonsense just De smell anyhow
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Ghost447(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2016
You're entitle to your opinion, as for me there are some tribes I can't marry their daughter.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by d33types: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2016
Social media is really having a huge effect on our written English as evidenced by this thread.

Back to thread, my parents have always told me to try as much as possible to marry from my tribe,though not a necessary standard for them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by YungMike(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Go and become a Rev. Father.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by FUCKU: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2016
NO. Capital No. Especially from that disgusting Hausa and Fulani

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by valandy99(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2016
According to what the Holy Bible says, go to ur place and marry
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Osu175(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2016
Your own is better that dad is asking you to marry from your tribe. Mine want me to marry from my village
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by FUCKU: 11:03am On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:

Only Ibos ask these kinds of questions

go and S.....k a D......K

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2016
This is 2016 and people still ask such ridiculous questions. In the 21st century, 34 years more from a Golden jubilee? shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by GreenUzzy(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2016
Use....less question. The OP is sick in the head.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by 9jatatafo(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2016
Get to the water first before crossing the bridge
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2016
The yorubas are fond of being sentiment when it comes to the issue of marriage, is either he/she is a yoruba or never. Any way thank God that my mum noticed it on time, that I may not marry from my tribe, no wonder she asked me one day when i was still about 15, that she hope i wont go and marry from another tribe, she knew then that 80% of my friends where not from my tribe, i told her that I don't have a say as to where I will marry from, that even if God says that my wife to be will be a God fearing Hausa woman, I wont dispute that with God. Today to the glory of God, I am married to a God fearing woman from the South West, and I am from the South East. My wife is loved by my mother. Let God direct you when it comes to choosing a wife.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by 0ubenji(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2016
toposi4naija:
Different culture.....different reliqion......different mentality!!!!!

I curse 1914 cry cry cry
It takes a smart ass to get dis
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by henrygale(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2016
9jatatafo:

Are my or am I?
Smh. And the guy might be an under-graduate in one of our universities or even a graduate.
Thanks for correcting him.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2016
FUCKU:

go and S.....k a D......K

is it ok to suck one from a different tribe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Experienced This From Ponography Before? / Do Rich Guys Ever Get Dumped? / I Opened My Daughter’s Room Without Knocking, And I Saw The Most Heartbreaking T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.