Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (16291 Views)

How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? / Should A Jobless Guy Go Into A Relationship? / Should I Marry This Single Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2016
9jatatafo:

Are my or am I?
thanks so much 4d correction. It's a mistake, fixed though
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by slowbreeze(f): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2016
Pls marry ur heart desire....There shuld. b mutual love ,understanding and respect....
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by tiredface: 11:23am On Apr 29, 2016
NO
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by FUCKU: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:

is it ok to suck one from a different tribe?
yes, especially from a Fulani and hausa man.. So, go get it
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2016
0ubenji:

It takes a smart ass to get dis

Yes bruh.....only the intelligent folks can decipher...........m' sure the Dan fodio's qeneration wont know......animals!
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 29, 2016
FUCKU:

yes, especially from a Fulani and hausa man.. So, go get it

are you talking from experience? so you have been sucking d.k outside your tribe? na wah for you oh. anyway i am not surprised a lot of you are gay!!!
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by DrMuzungu(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2016
Don't look at the tribe, race, other stuff... Marry a good person, one who will be good for YOU!

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Sylvester70(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2016
i go talk for my own side it like its passed down to generations eg igbo man&igbo woman=85%,to yoruba woman=13%,to hausa woman=2% and so it is for other tribe.people tend to marry cos of culture and tradition therefore puts their tribe first
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by 9jatatafo(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
thanks so much 4d correction. It's a mistake, fixed though

You are welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by 9jatatafo(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2016
henrygale:

Smh. And the guy might be an under-graduate in one of our universities or even a graduate.
Thanks for correcting him.

Thank you too and Jah bless
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by FUCKU: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:

are you talking from experience? so you have been sucking d.k outside your tribe? na wah for you oh. anyway i am not surprised a lot of you are gay!!!

nope! I dig chicks.. Fat head. You are the gay guy. You comment like a gay. So, I suggest you go do your thing with a fula-guy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2016
FUCKU:

nope! I dig chicks.. Fat head. You are the gay guy. You comment like a gay. So, I suggest you go do your thing with a fula-guy

you dig chicks but do chicks dig you?
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by hartson(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2016
When she momours in her native dialet don't complain ooooo!!! you better look before you leap

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by FUCKU: 11:46am On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:

you dig chicks but do chicks dig you?

yes. So, your turn. You dig men especially hausa/ fulani, so, do they dig you too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by hartson(m): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Also your predicament.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2016
Op must be an easterner.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by blissblazeblog: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys, you just can't afford to miss joining the latest WhatsApp group in town were we have more than fun, make new friends, share stuffs with each other. To join us simply contact the admin on WhatsApp = +2349051144825 #See ya #Am Out

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by viktor01(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
Team intra-tribal.....
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by agwom(m): 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
Marry some one because can not without the person not because you are from the same place.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by okeke00(m): 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

I travelled home to see my parents over the weekend and I must say it was nice seeing them after close to 2 months. I saw them last on Jan 1st after the New Year’s celebration. I am just this kind of guy that loves staying far from my childhood area. I believe you are much more appreciated if people see less of you.
Even in my University days, I might go home for just once in a year and anytime I go home, I am always hailed like a king on the street. I love this so much, makes me feel like the King of the Street.

Dad and mum were so delighted to see me and trust our mums, she saw with her x-ray eyes that I was getting so lean, when I have always thought I am living large and changing to the man with the big stature I always dreamt of becoming. Dad also confirmed this and trust African parents, they began to prescribe all sorts of drugs from Vitamin supplements to blood tonic, to Epo Eja which is Cod Liver oil and so on. I told them I would get all that.

After a moment, my mum left us and went to see her friend in the next building. Then the man-to-man talk between me and my dad started. You know dads now. They are more concerned about your goals and achievements. He began by asking how work is faring and my plans for the New year.
He talked about advancing my studies to the Phd level. That this would give me an edge over my colleagues and even my superiors. I didn’t bother to mention to him that I was not going further beyond this Masters degree that I posses.

Then he popped the question. “How is your girlfriend doing?” I initially pretended as if I didn’t hear that and he repeated himself. I made him understand I have non that I have been so much busy with work and plans to move my career to the next level.
Then he asked the master question. “From which tribe will you like to marry from?” I told him I can marry from any tribe as long she is human.

He said no, that some tribes are better left alone due to their culture and so on, blah blah blah. I tried to orientate him that we are all one. That one cannot judge the attitude or behavior of an individual from the general perception of her tribe. He tried to prove his point. I didn’t bother to argue with him, because if I did, the conversation would last for hours which I was not ready to engage in.

But why are our parents always particular about tribes when we are all one Nigeria. There was this time this Tanzanian lady came to our office and it wasn’t until when she mentioned that she was from that country before we realized she wasn’t a Nigerian. She looked so much like a Nigerian. This is just to tell that we are all one and we should not be judged by our tribes, but by the contents of our hearts, individually.

....Diary of a Jobless Nigerian Youth

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/should-i-marry-woman-who-is-not-from-my.html

you can but you have to avoid one particular state in nigeria. Osho baba stste
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by kakaG: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

I travelled home to see my parents over the weekend and I must say it was nice seeing them after close to 2 months. I saw them last on Jan 1st after the New Year’s celebration. I am just this kind of guy that loves staying far from my childhood area. I believe you are much more appreciated if people see less of you.
Even in my University days, I might go home for just once in a year and anytime I go home, I am always hailed like a king on the street. I love this so much, makes me feel like the King of the Street.

Dad and mum were so delighted to see me and trust our mums, she saw with her x-ray eyes that I was getting so lean, when I have always thought I am living large and changing to the man with the big stature I always dreamt of becoming. Dad also confirmed this and trust African parents, they began to prescribe all sorts of drugs from Vitamin supplements to blood tonic, to Epo Eja which is Cod Liver oil and so on. I told them I would get all that.

After a moment, my mum left us and went to see her friend in the next building. Then the man-to-man talk between me and my dad started. You know dads now. They are more concerned about your goals and achievements. He began by asking how work is faring and my plans for the New year.
He talked about advancing my studies to the Phd level. That this would give me an edge over my colleagues and even my superiors. I didn’t bother to mention to him that I was not going further beyond this Masters degree that I posses.

Then he popped the question. “How is your girlfriend doing?” I initially pretended as if I didn’t hear that and he repeated himself. I made him understand I have non that I have been so much busy with work and plans to move my career to the next level.
Then he asked the master question. “From which tribe will you like to marry from?” I told him I can marry from any tribe as long she is human.

He said no, that some tribes are better left alone due to their culture and so on, blah blah blah. I tried to orientate him that we are all one. That one cannot judge the attitude or behavior of an individual from the general perception of her tribe. He tried to prove his point. I didn’t bother to argue with him, because if I did, the conversation would last for hours which I was not ready to engage in.

But why are our parents always particular about tribes when we are all one Nigeria. There was this time this Tanzanian lady came to our office and it wasn’t until when she mentioned that she was from that country before we realized she wasn’t a Nigerian. She looked so much like a Nigerian. This is just to tell that we are all one and we should not be judged by our tribes, but by the contents of our hearts, individually.

....Diary of a Jobless Nigerian Youth

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/should-i-marry-woman-who-is-not-from-my.html

My only advice is for you to properly equip yourself with the patience, understanding and be ready to integrate or come to compromise when the need arises.

Experience has taught me that not being prepared as advised above means living in he'll the first 2-5 years of your marriage. And like I said, without understanding nd patience unnecessary arguments are bound to ensue now and then especially when different cultures and upbringing come to play.

Get prepared and go ahead.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
They might have a point though.talking from experience believe it or not
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by AfroKnight: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
When you marry a woman you marry her family and her culture. Some cultures don't mix well because of decades of stereotypes. I was once like you, believing that it's me and my wife alone but really, marriage joins families as well. Be sure before you say "I do".

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Generalyemi(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:

Only Ibos ask these kinds of questions
tribalism will never help u...what concerns tribe with this trend
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Kaira333: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
Raiders:
Why should you allow your parents choose the girl you want to marry? Are still a kid
Haba he Neva say so.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Kaira333: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
mekaboy:
Go and eat first and take all the drugs ur parents recommended. Na person wey beleful dey marry.

Go and feed yourself first before looking for wife. U never get common girlfriend na advice on marriage u dey seek.
Hahahahahahah. U get bad mouth oooo
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
I didn't read the but based on the title the answer is no.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fidrach(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
If you are coming from a country where parameters of living standard is high e.g. stability of economy, socio-cultural diversity,education,security etc then it will make sense to marry from any tribe into that country. But if you are a citizen of unstable country like ours where there is do much division along ethnic lines it does not worth it and if care is not taken that marriage might collapse in future.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by telemapreye1(f): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
DEBJOCH1:
The yorubas are fond of being sentiment when it comes to the issue of marriage, is either he/she is a yoruba or never. Any way thank God that my mum noticed it on time, that I may not marry from my tribe, no wonder she asked me one day when i was still about 15, that she hope i wont go and marry from another tribe, she knew then that 80% of my friends where not from my tribe, i told her that I don't have a say as to where I will marry from, that even if God says that my wife to be will be a God fearing Hausa woman, I wont dispute that with God. Today to the glory of God, I am married to a God fearing woman from the South West, and I am from the South East. My wife is loved by my mother. Let God direct you when it comes to choosing a wife.
Aww God bless your marriage.
My mum too don't discriminate,she said i can marry from any tribe cos what matters most is my happiness.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Donvilo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ikegift4real:
it all boils down compatibility.

Just exactly what I was going to say.
Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by odeyinugbolahan(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Let the reality be faced$$$ there are many tribes with many wierd beliefs, cultures and manners which you might not be able to cope with except you are frm such tribe. Marrying frm such tribe might put you under boundage for the rest of ya life. I had an experience with a lady whom I loved so much then but her parent broke us up cos they always want me as a man to do all in the way the culture n beliefs stipulates... At the end of d day they broke us up although I gained cos I got a cute son frm the relationship even though it seems like a stigma but its a great blessing to me... So pray and seek God face abt ya spouse... His choice is the best not minding the tribe...

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by ifecorepublic: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
Read Numbers Chapter 36

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Experienced This From Ponography Before? / Do Rich Guys Ever Get Dumped? / I Opened My Daughter’s Room Without Knocking, And I Saw The Most Heartbreaking T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.