Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Chemical & Process Engineers Forum - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical & Process Engineers Forum (79878 Views)

Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. / Mechanical Engineers Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by lolade4(f): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2011
Thanks Debosky/Kenny. My PM is not too keen on amine as is the client mainly because of the huge capital cost. I am looking at the membrane options especially one that can remove mecarptans as well.once again thanks guys
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Ayodaygee(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2011
You guyzzzzzzzzzz seem really excited to be graduates of chemical engineering. Yeah, it was a thing of great joy filling the JAMB form so many, many years back. But really of what use is a certificate when u can't use it to make money on your own. But rather have to depend on big multi nationals to "save" you. Really in my opinion if I heard the GOSPEl that i am hearing now some years ago, I would have started my C#, C++ jacking and oracle certs early enough. Guys lets get real ours and the petroleum engnrs are so dependent on employers. This two courses are of any success if you are well employed! I hope u'all get my drift, "to set urself up in any of these professions u will need so much capital" , so really what's d use. "PLS LETS JOIN THE INFO TECH BANDWAGON AND BECOME PROPRENEURS."
Please I am open to any criticism.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by log1(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2011
@everybody, I rily appreciate the gud people of this forum for ur responses to questions, This time i want u guys to tell me Mining Engineers job prospect in Nigeria since u guys are exposed . I am a nigeria student studying Mining Engineering currently in Final year. The problem is i hardly see adverts from oil and gas requiring the service of Mining Engineer. We are so streamline to the solid mineral arena wc i dislike with passion.My passion has always bin to work in any gud oil and gas coy, pls is there anytin i can do to make me relevant to the sector like petro eng and chemical eng. Thanks
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by felyks: 2:56am On Aug 16, 2011
Hi, I'm a young Chem. Engrng undergraduate and I'd like to offer professional courses in the Information Technology line while I can, I don't know if its advisable, help me plz.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Remii(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
Chemical Engineers

NSCHe Annual Conference, Exhibition and AGM is coming up 10 - 12 November, 2011 at Eko Hotel Lagos, Nigeria. Please see attached copies of the flyier or visit www.nsche.org.ng for more information.

Regards

Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by realcyber: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
is this for every body.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
Its been quiet dis days here. Am a fresh msc process engr in unilag. First deg. Petroleum engr. @U.I. Will appreciate all d help from d house.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
valacious:

Its been quiet dis days here. Am a fresh msc process engr in unilag. First deg. Petroleum engr. @U.I. Will appreciate all d help from d house.
What sort of help do you need?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2011
Kenny_G:

What sort of help do you need?
thank u. Well, Maybe i could need textbooks, materials, mentoring, relevant computer programs, &certifications that i can put in for. And finally job opportunities. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tommyich06: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2011
Pls I need a help about writting British American Tobacco Nig. online test. What are the possible area of question?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by chemicalmyt: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
i am a chemical engineering graduate presently undergoing nysc in lagos. I want 2 further my career as a safety engineer. Can someone help me on which proffesional courses to do and where to locate them so that I can maximize this nysc period to add values to myself. Somebody help me out please.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by topsquino(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2011
i am doing my industrial training in a plastic industry.all wat i do everyday is helping them with d maintenane of their equipment.guys i need ur advice does it sucks or rocks as a chemical engineer
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by martinnman: 6:18am On Oct 13, 2011
Well, I keep the Nigerian State University Physics Degree, Masters in Project Management is the United Kingdom, and I have hold in safety and health at work NEBOSH Diploma.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by lolade4(f): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2011
topsquino:

i am doing my industrial training in a plastic industry.all wat i do everyday is helping them with d maintenane of their equipment.guys i need your advice does it sucks or rocks as a chemical engineer
It rocks for me. All I would say to you is that as an engineer any opportunity you get to go on site should never be treated with levity. Take this opportunity to ask as many questions as possible even if it is just in maintenance; trust me you learn a lot more about processes when things go wrong.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by themmytourpey(f): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2011
hi guys! i have a B.sc in pure sciences here in nigeria and wuld lyk to do a P.Gd nd Masters in my dream course after service.Wat kinda professional course wuld u advise me to do while doing this to make me a hotcake in the labour market. tanks! ur replies would be greatly appreciated
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by themmytourpey(f): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2011
my dream course is chemical engineering. tanks grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by domack99(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2011
chemicalmyt:

i am a chemical engineering graduate presently undergoing nysc in lagos. I want 2 further my career as a safety engineer. Can someone help me on which proffesional courses to do and where to locate them so that I can maximize this nysc period to add values to myself. Somebody help me out please.

safety is a very wide course and if you want to be a safety engineer you really need to do some professional course which are very expensive. You can start with NEBOSH IGC, A company in Nigeria call Global HSE use to bring NEBOSH certified trainers from uk once in a year for the training it cost like 350k for two weeks, after which u can now go for process safety in oil and gas course offered by Primatech in USA, OSHA, NEBOSH, CCPS and so on. Better still you can do a master program in one the foreign versity in process safety.
Most company prefer safety engineers with operational experience so you have to think twice before putting your money down because this are very expensive course
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by richy5(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
Am a undergraduate in chemical engineering in one of d varsity and am really happy to see how you guys are encouragin the upcoming graduate.u re really wonderful.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Rich4god(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2011
Hello fellow engrs. By december this year, i will be graduating as a chem engr from 1 of the Nigerian universities, and i need to further my education as a SAFETY engr. Plz, i wnt to knw if there is any school in 9ja that you guys can recommend for me.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by cyprel(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2011
We nid more practicing chemical engr to further encourage we d upcoming ones so we could b highly motivated, tell us abt d industry,job opportunity as compare 2 oda engineering discipline,where we can major,wot qualification can get us into d o&g industry.wot differentiate us 4rm d pet and gas stdnt cos many of dem jst like boasting, all contribution will b highly welcomed.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by richy5(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2011
@cyprel You are right<but mind you i don't think a pet and gas engineering student can boast in front of a chemical engineering student coz we cover much in their course and even touch in other eng course.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by taharqa: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
It is great dat i am in dis forum, amongst my professional colleagues. I would be askin questions later cos am really in need of information dat would enable me become the best i can be in chemical engineering. Once again great been here
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by lummyqedi: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2011
Good day all
I just resumed activities as the BDM of my company.
We hav a request from one of the major oil and gas companies in Nigeria for the following personels

1. Principal Process Engineers
2. Principal Civil/Structural Engineer with Offshore experience
3. Rotating Equipment Engineer

If you or anyone qualify, kindly send me your resume at lummyng@gmail.com and you would be contacted in the space of abt 48hrs
The job is open to personnel within and outside Nigeria.

This is not a HOAX

Thank You
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 21, 2011
^^^^^^ i just looked at ur blog, and i found nothing there! Goodmorning fellow process engineers!
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by kayztez: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
pls,how can i start my business as a ich stundent
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by ajiwukari(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by debosky(m): 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
Congrats on your graduation - even if it's not at the desired grade.

I have a few questions though - why did you do a BEng not an MEng? That already puts you at a disadvantage in the UK graduate recruitment market, and you need extra study to gain chartered status.

Have you had much luck applying in the UK or is that not even a consideration.

In general you'll either need to get a job through your connections in Nigeria or apply for the graduate recruitment exercises for the multinationals - Unilever, Lafarge, oil companies and the like. It is difficult and it is very competitive, but depending on your areas of interest give it your best go.

1 Like

Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by ajiwukari(m): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
I decided not to do the MEng for career reasons, I'm looking to get a job in Nigeria, then do an MSc related to the field of job I find myself.

I'm actually putting in job applications at the moment and I hope I get get a chance to prove myself.

Thanks for your reply debosky!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary - Stutern / What Are The Highest Paying Federal Government Agencies / Caesar Chukwuma Nigerian Lawyer In USA Melting Hearts Of Ladies. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.