Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. (10039 Views)

Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says / Sultan To Buhari: Take Firm Action On Herdsmen And Farmers Clashes / Counter Thread: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press By Omenka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by wowmenow: 4:29pm On May 02, 2016
Candyrain:
I guess what he meant was dat all the reported incidents of killings never happened. They were all fabricated tales just to taint the saintly imagine of his President.

but he acknowledge some of the killings himself?

4 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by DickTator1: 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:
I do not work for anybody oga.

Face topic jor. These una jabs dey boring.
How come you didn't write like this when Fulanis invaded your state? Did I miss the thread?

13 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

U r very mischievous fellow and an element of chaos. U just dey set trap for Mods to ban people. Continue
gringringrin

I no force anybody to comment oo. Neither did I infuse their brains with nothing but insults. cheesy
Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by BeardedMeat(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2016
wowmenow:

even other zombies like him are avoiding this thread
I noticed too, even with the loudest clarion call. grin

1 Like

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by DickTator1: 4:32pm On May 02, 2016
Anyway am out of this stupid thread, there are more worthy news to peruse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by wowmenow: 4:34pm On May 02, 2016
DickTator1:
Anyway am out of this stupid thread, there are more worthy news to peruse.
abeg run go jokes section and liv this omenka alone grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by DickTator1: 4:35pm On May 02, 2016
wowmenow:

abeg run go jokes section and liv this omenka alone grin grin grin

I don go na, no mention me again o grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by Bobandgreat: 4:36pm On May 02, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
that guy omenka is a chronic hater of southeast, this is why nothing from him will be taken seriously, he can't even shield his hate for southeast in his OP. If hecan mention southwest that hasnt experienced any severe Fulani attack without mentioning southeast, it goes a long way to explain how he cares less about the scores of people murdered in Uzo-uwani.

Which South West has not experienced severe attack. Continue deceiving urself, always riding on the back of people bold enough to expose and act. Keep hiding their atrocities as if its a fact of life. Keep looking for will help u wipe ur tears and fight for u.

2 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2016
greenpasture:
My view is that attributing support of pmb and this administration to the invasion of the so called " fulani herdsmen" is a stalking horse for the so called " Islamic agenda" argument. Where did these herdsmen suddenly appear from? Who arms them? Who do they sell cows to- is it the same people they kill?

The question to be asked is " whose interests do these events serve, especially so early in this admin's life? Why is this happening at the very same time that the BH threat is receding? Things are often not what they appear to be.

We all have our biases but this should not blind us from asking ourselves hard and searching questions.

Nigeria belongs to us all and we should beware of fifth columnists who profit from disorder, suspicion the break down of relationships and society
And the bold is exactly part of the problem- people making it appear as though these events just "suddenly" started occurring because Buhari, a Fulani man, is the president. Have you been in Nigeria or you just arrived?? Who told you the herdsmen just "suddenly" started appearing
Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by luvinhubby(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2016
No Vanguard or local media, print or electronic designated Fulani herdsmen 2nd most deadly terror group globally, the international community did.

Name any other tribe commonly associated with nomadic cattle rearing aside the Fulanis.

Which other nomadic cattlle rearing 'tribe' is known for attaching higher premium to cows life than human life?

Defending a people who came out openly to justify their violent aggression with the loss of their cattle lives is very contradictory.

Numerous tribes & people groups from Edo, Delta, Enugu, Kogi, Benue, Ondo, Kaduna, Taraba, Ogun & Adamawa had at various times, more recently attributed rape, kidnaps & wanton killings to Fulani herdsmen must have done that out of an 'amazing' national lying synchronisation that deserves global applause.

Please tell me Chief Olu Falae who had direct personal encounter with those monsters as a kidnap victim must be telling a Septugenarian lie of immense proportion.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by BeardedMeat(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2016
DickTator1:

he even cc all the zombies but no one came grin grin grin grin grin
Reminds me of when the prophet of Baal had an encounter with Elijah, the bible reports that the prophet of Baal called and called and called on their god but Baal did not answer! grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2016
Candyrain:

Blah blah blah blah... the same Igbos u love to hate, can't u just leave them out of ur trash of a write up? U've done a good job so far avoiding to mention them in ur op, how about u keep dat on?
Abeeegi. Get over yourself. You guys are just overly emotional kids.

You love everyone and hate no one but everyone hates you I presume.

I really appreciate the mighty love you have for everyone. So enviable.

Happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by BeardedMeat(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
that guy omenka is a chronic hater of southeast, this is why nothing from him will be taken seriously, he can't even shield his hate for southeast in his OP. If hecan mention southwest that hasnt experienced any severe Fulani attack without mentioning southeast, it goes a long way to explain how he cares less about the scores of people murdered in Uzo-uwani.
We don't like him too! Of all zombies here, I have a personal distaste for him! undecided God forgive me!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by wowmenow: 4:48pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:

Happy
a very bad day for omenka
i feel your pain grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by Candyrain(m): 4:49pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:

Happy

Trash as usual. It is a known fact dat u detest anything Igbo. Like I stated earlier, pls shove ur advice to the Igbos up ur ass or down ur throat, whichever suits u, its really not needed especially coming from u.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
luvinhubby:
No Vanguard or local media, print or electronic designated Fulani herdsmen 2nd most deadly terror group globally, the international community did.

Name any other tribe commonly associated with nomadic cattle rearing aside the Fulanis.

Which other nomadic cattlle rearing 'tribe' is known for attaching higher premium to cows life than human life?

Defending a people who came out openly to justify their violent aggression with the loss of their cattle lives is very contradictory.

Numerous tribes & people groups from Edo, Delta, Enugu, Kogi, Benue, Ondo, Kaduna, Taraba, Ogun & Adamawa had at various times, more recently attributed rape, kidnaps & wanton killings to Fulani herdsmen must have done that out of an 'amazing' national lying synchronisation that deserves global applause.

Please tell me Chief Olu Falae who had direct personal encounter with those monsters as a kidnap victim must be telling a Septugenarian lie of immense proportion.
You guys should stop trying too hard to sell a lie. At no point did any "international community" designate Fulani Herdsmen as "2nd most deadly" terrorist organisation. What GTI said was Fulani Militant Group but you guys and the press have twisted it to "Fulani herdsmen"

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/global-terrorism-index-nigerian-fulani-militants-named-as-fourth-deadliest-terror-group-in-world-a6739851.html

So, since one encounter allegedly confirms they are Fulanis, it means the rest unconfirmed incidents were carried out by fulanis also?? Is that what you are saying??

Are all drug related crimes committed by Igbos?? The answer is an emphatic NO!!

Criminal profiling never helps any community mr. That is the message I'm passing across.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by Candyrain(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
wowmenow:

a very bad day for omenka
i feel your pain grin grin grin grin grin grin

A very bad day indeed for him. He must be regretting why he opened this silly thread and to make matters worst his comrades deserted him. Someone should watch him lest he commits suicide.

7 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by wowmenow: 4:58pm On May 02, 2016
Candyrain:

A very bad day indeed for him. He must be regretting why he opened this silly thread and to make matters worst his comrades deserted him. Someone should watch him lest he commits suicide.

Thats how they will desert Buhari by 2019 grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by fulanmafia: 5:00pm On May 02, 2016
Well done Omenka for this brilliant piece. For an insight into how sinister the press can get regarding this issue, kindly peruse the thread I created yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/3080254/rejoinder-sultan-condemned-herdsmen-attacks

The fact remains that those that seek to gain political capital from the utterly condemnable atrocities of the criminal herdsmen will continue to be disappointed because nothing they try can change their present unfavorable and frankly laughable political circumstances.

The frustrated ones using the attacks as a cover to cast aspersions on the President and profile his people are the most pitiable because PMB will continue to be President, and Fulanis will continue to be Fulanis - providing the meat and leather that feeds them and contributes significantly to the economy that sustains them.

1 Like

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2016
fogho198:
omenka need a good slap to re-format his brain.I don't know why some people in the middle berth have refused to have sense.
I know your type. Anything outside what your personal beliefs are is totally senseless.

Come slap naw. cheesy
Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by modath(f): 5:02pm On May 02, 2016
These attacks are acts of terrorism, no two ways about it and should be treated as such, attaching ethnic colouration won't do nothing but set people against each other.. The spate of attacks are a departure from the usual, media also reporting imminent attack is STRANGE.

We've always had recalcitrant Fulani nomads who have been thorns in the flesh of the people of so many agrarian communities but the recent spate of coordinated attacks are not perpetrated by the stick carrying cattle herders... The sooner blame trading is abandoned and concerted efforts is made to dislodged these evil people, the better!!!

In all my years of traveling around the north, i've never seen one single regular herdsman moving around with AK47, so it's baffling that people are refusing to just see that there is something sinister going on & the unseen hands guiding these evil acts...

Like I suggested in another thread, The government has no other path to take than to station troops in the SE like the NE, cos it's beginning to look like a metamorphosis since NE is no longer conducive...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2016
Some people will mention my moniker till eternity desperate for a moment of attention. I got bad news for you- you shall be Ignored like the nonexistent whatever you are. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by 9japride(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:
gringringrin

I no force anybody to comment oo. Neither did I infuse their brains with nothing but insults. cheesy
[color=#006600][/color]

Well done. Them don pay u well. tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 5:05pm On May 02, 2016
fulanmafia:
Well done Omenka for this brilliant piece. For an insight into how sinister the press can get regarding this issue, kindly peruse the thread I created yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/3080254/rejoinder-sultan-condemned-herdsmen-attacks

The fact remains that those that seek to gain political capital from the utterly condemnable atrocities of the criminal herdsmen will continue to be disappointed because nothing they try can change their present unfavorable and frankly laughable political circumstances.

The frustrated ones using the attacks as a cover to cast aspersions on the President and his people are the most pitiable because PMB will continue to be President, and Fulanis will continue to be Fulanis - providing the meat and leather that feeds them and contributes significantly to the economy that sustains them.
most everything boil down to politics for an average Fulani man? We are talking about human lives and you here talking about buhari and presidential elections.

4 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by omenka(m): 5:08pm On May 02, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Well done. Them don pay u well. tongue
My brother, na God oo. cheesy

E be like brain dey scratch you die to insult but you dey take corner eye dey check for mods. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by wowmenow: 5:09pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:
Some people will mention my moniker till eternity desperate for a moment of attention. I got bad news for you- you shall be Ignored like the nonexistent whatever you are. wink
you have already give attention to them
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by luvinhubby(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:
You guys should stop trying too hard to sell a lie. At no point did any "international community" designate Fulani Herdsmen as "2nd most deadly" terrorist organisation. What GTI said was Fulani Militant Group but you guys and the press have twisted it to "Fulani herdsmen"

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/global-terrorism-index-nigerian-fulani-militants-named-as-fourth-deadliest-terror-group-in-world-a6739851.html

So, since one encounter allegedly confirms they are Fulanis, it means the rest unconfirmed incidents were carried out by fulanis also?? Is that what you are saying??

Are all drug related crimes committed by Igbos?? The answer is an emphatic NO!!

Criminal profiling never helps any community mr. That is the message I'm passing across.

Millitants, herdsmen , the common denominator is Fulani.

You have not pointed to any other likely source of the crime associated with these Fulani, so trying to exhonorate the fingered culprits without pointing to most probable alternative is out of it.
No need profiling a crime that the perpetrators are well known. The victims have identified the criminals & the jury is out with a verdict, the Fulanis are guilty

11 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by Curlieweed: 5:11pm On May 02, 2016
Dear Mr Omenka,

I can't decide if your attempt at analysis is just puerile or simply overtly diversionary. Your thinly veiled attempt at blaming some phantom fifth columnists, possibly from the SE ( as evident from your refusal to commiserate with SE victims) is just another example of a continuation of the "divide and rule" tactics perfected by your Apeeshit in the last election campaigns.

Your jenune arguments are typical of Mumuharistas. Rather than a systemic analysis of issues, you rush to blame innocent bystanders or proffer brutal solutions to treat perceived symptoms. For the record, your point about whether the herdsmen are Fulani or not is simply tangential and even out rightly farcical. It doesn't matter whether they are Malinke, Berber or Zulu. The issue is that people should not roaming around with cattle, especially in our increasingly densely populated countrysides.

For your information, clashes between the herdsmen and farming communities isn't restricted to Nigeria. These clashes take place right across West Africa and even into Central Africa. The key issue here is not some alleged bias in reporting but that these clashes are actually increasing both in frequency and intensity. The culprit here is not your hated Igbo fifth columnists trying to besmirch the peerless name of your saintly dunce but the increasing collisions between these herdsmen and sedentary farmers caused by a combination of climate change and a demographic dynamic.

On the one hand, a series of bad droughts in the Sahel have led to the decimation of herds rendering a number of herdsmen without livestock. On the other hand the famine as well as the accelerating expansion of the Sahara means that the herdsmen are forced to move in increasing numbers south wards where they are faced with farmers who are already faced with a fixed piece of land against rapidly increasing population pressures. Areas where herdsmen strolled through in the past unchallenged are now farmland. Added to this combustible mix is the fact that a lot of the erstwhile herdsmen who lost their livestock to drought have become cattle rustlers and bandits. That is why I find your refusal to accept that most herdsmen are armed in the face of likely attacks by rustlers, disengenous.

These are the root causes. These are the issues your Presidiot should be addressing not blaming other people, globetroting and mouthing off inanities about pighting kwarauption.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by asha80(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2016
modath:

These attacks are acts of terrorism, no two ways about it and should be treated as such, attaching ethnic colouration won't do nothing but set people against each other.. The spate of attacks are a departure from the usual, media also reporting imminent attack is STRANGE.

We've always had recalcitrant Fulani nomads who have been thorns in the flesh of the people of so many agrarian communities but the recent spate of coordinated attacks are not perpetrated by the stick carrying cattle herders... The sooner blame trading is abandoned and concerted efforts is made to dislodged these evil people, the better!!!

In all my years of traveling around the north, i've never seen one single regular herdsman moving around with AK47, so it's baffling that people are refusing to just see that there is something sinister going on & the unseen hands guiding these evil acts...

Like I suggested in another thread, The government has no other path to take than to station troops in the SE like the NE, cos it's beginning to look like a metamorphosis since NE is no longer conducive...
I am not sure how sw,nc and ss are free from this onslaught with your submission in the last paragraph

3 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by fulanmafia: 5:13pm On May 02, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
most everything boil down to politics for an average Fulani man? We are talking about human lives and you here talking about buhari and presidential elections.

No we are not talking of human lives, this thread is addressing the propaganda to criminalize Fulani herdsmen through illogical and totally irrational generalizations, which increasingly appear to have political undertones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by 9japride(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:
My brother, na God oo. cheesy

E be like brain dey scratch you die to insult but you dey take corner eye dey check for mods. grin
[color=#006600][/color]

I no insult anyone and me no dey fear them. I gallant well I just dey speak my mind, we all need a peaceful and just society without fear of external attacks from neighbouring tribes men. tongue u think say the people were u dey defend like u? Reason am well

3 Likes

Re: A Nation, Her People, Her Herdsmen, And Her Press. by Bobandgreat: 5:15pm On May 02, 2016
omenka:

U remind me of ngeneukwenu. U feel pitiably important. I hope u become important one day but mind u it comes with some responsibilities. Like thinking comprehensively and calling a spade a spade. Have a reminisce today. I wish u security in Benue.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola: ₦6.26 Trillion Is Needed To Complete Ongoing Road Projects / Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? / Militants Kill 8 In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.