Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (53438 Views)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / Chris Ngige Launches YuBoss To Create Jobs To Nigerian Youths(Pics) / Reno Omokri Mock Lai Mohammed 4 Saying Masquerade Can Create Jobs 4 1000 Men(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Gmajor(m): 11:02pm On May 03, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Tourism if properly harnessed will be a major plus for the country.

Lol grin grin grin Chai...Lai Mohammed Na wa for you.

oldest forest in the world... nothing wey person no go hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by cytellProperty: 11:02pm On May 03, 2016
This are the most Clueless leaders we have ever had in our history. This statement is so pathetic.
rolchi:
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says dressing masquerades could create a thousand jobs per week for Nigerian men.

Speaking at the sectoral debate of the federal house of representative in Abuja on Tuesday, Mohammed said most states in Nigeria have one festival or the other.

“Most states today have more than one festival a year, but the packaging and lack of capacity has not enabled them to make the most out of these festivals,” he said.

“There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him.

“If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials.”

Mohammed explained that Nigeria has the oldest forest in the world in terms of biodiversity for tourists to visit, but tourists are discouraged by bribing and insecurity in the country.

“I worked in the airport for 10 years, and I know that if you want your passport stamped as a foreigner, you slip $100 into your passport. No tourist would come back to a country where he has to bribe immigration to enter.

“No tourist would come to a country where, when he leaves immigration, he enters a ‘one-chance’ taxi or ‘one-chance’ bus. It’s a holistic problem and these are all contained in the national tourism master plan, which I would make available to the house.

“We must make a difference between tourist sites and tourist attractions; what we have in Nigeria are tourist sites. They are not tourist attractions.

“You need infrastructure to convert a tourist site to a tourist attraction. If you don’t have infrastructure, it would always remain a tourist site,

“In Cross Rivers reserve park, Nigeria has the oldest forest in the whole world. It is the oldest in terms of biodiversity, and we have this very rare, white-mane gorilla in that area, but because my people in Cross River have decided to turn them to bush meat, they have now escaped.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/lai-one-masquerade-can-create-jobs-for-1000-men

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Joarams(m): 11:06pm On May 03, 2016
Esseite:
At this junction... i must confess, this man was a mistake.

You have an over saturated ssce/bsc/hnd/ond/mcs/phd labour market and all he can come up with is masquerade dressings?..

God.. only you have a reason for making Nigeria my country of origin..

Well.. to God be the glory

Ignorant comment. There is a Minister for Labour and Employment to deal with all those high-end jobs you're referring to and I'm sure you know who he is.

This man's business is Information, Culture and Tourism...so it makes sense for him to rake up 'petty jobs' all the way up the ladder to the highly sophisticated jobs in his sector. That's where his business lies...with masquerades, festivals, culture and tourism by extension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Happiness87(f): 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
passingshot, ngeneukwenu, see your minister hahaha gbawe,

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by hifaif1: 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
searchng4love:

Wizard will you shut up. So masquerading will make us a global contender in the world economy? It will boost production and employ our teeming youths.... Mechionu guy.

There will be vacancies for masquerade dressers not masquerades!!!

Moreover, what is bad in being a masquerade dresser

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Happiness87(f): 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
Joarams:

Ignorant comment. There is a Minister for Labour and Employment to deal with all those high-end jobs you're referring to and I'm sure you know who he is.

This man's business is Information, Culture and Tourism...so it makes sense for him to rake up 'petty jobs' all the way up the ladder to the highly sophisticated jobs in his sector. That's where his business lies...with masquerades, festivals, culture and tourism by extension.
so All that is in information, culture and tourism is petty jobs, you are sick

fyi, being a minister of a particular ministry doesn't stop you from sharing ideas with another ministry.

because u are head of department, Finance doesn't mean you can't make suggestions to admin

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by searchng4love: 11:11pm On May 03, 2016
hifaif1:

There will be vacancies for masquerade dressers not masquerades!!!

Moreover, what is bad in being a masquerade dresser
Nothing is wrong with it. Just post pictures after you get the dream appointment as a masquerade dresser.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by ReachHard: 11:11pm On May 03, 2016
JUS SEE DE KAIN THING WEY DIS AGBALAGBA MAN DEY TELL THE PRESS sad sad

...AND HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE OUR INFORMATION MINISTER!! undecided embarassed

DAT'S WHY I REALLY DON'T EVEN BLAME EZEKWESILI WHO RECENTLY SAID ALL THEIR POLICIES ARE ARCHAIC & OLD-SKOOL cry

TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAA!
angry

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by totorimi: 11:13pm On May 03, 2016
Let his son go and be the masquerade dresser first. Just imagine the job this man is wishing for Nigerians, chei Lai APC.

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by hifaif1: 11:13pm On May 03, 2016
searchng4love:

Nothing is wrong with it. Just post pictures after you get the dream appointment as a masquerade dresser.

I am a priest so I can't be seen dressing a masquerade!!!

But I can assure you that it is not such a bad job!!! It holds a lot of prospects too!!! Free meals at festivals!!!

*There is dignity in labour!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by searchng4love: 11:15pm On May 03, 2016
hifaif1:

I am a priest so I can't be seen dressing a masquerade!!!

But I can assure you that it is not such a bad job!!! It holds a lot of prospects too!!! Free meals at festivals!!!

*There is dignity in labour!!!
You can take it up as a part time job. Nothing wrong with that. Just post pictures when you finally clinch the dream job.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by udy4real(m): 11:18pm On May 03, 2016
This fermented weed is really disturbing this man he should just concentrate and take only jagabans ordinary weed

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by macaranta(m): 11:18pm On May 03, 2016
Damn...such fuckery

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by ajepako(f): 11:19pm On May 03, 2016
I wonder where APC warriors are right now...

They need to come and explain this to us kiakia...

opps....sorry they are hiding their heads in shame..

ln the voice of Obesere: egungun be careful na express you dey...

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by karkinase(m): 11:19pm On May 03, 2016
Oga Lai which kain lie be dis na... Abeg fear GOD small
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by mustang247: 11:22pm On May 03, 2016
100people to uncloth a masqurade, this goes to show if devil is the father of all liars,lia mohamed is the grandfather of all liars.the guy na legend for lieing..

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Omeny: 11:22pm On May 03, 2016
This Liar criticised Jonathan sotey, u will think they have a better idea not knowing they will be worse!

Change has not started though!

They are still sweeping and cleaning the govt!

Let them not kill Nigerians finish sha b4 their said change starts!

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by saintdennis(m): 11:24pm On May 03, 2016
The problem with this country Is majority of the youths are too myopic in thinking...

In u.s.a they got mardi grass festival(dunno if I spelt It right) where pple dress in different crazy attires. It's a major event.

In u.k they have festivals as stupid as 'mud festival (can't remember the official name) but basically it's a mud park and the turn outs are impressive. Or is it town cooking festivals? Turning bad weather to profitable ventures by building skii resorts, etc

We need to upgrade and repackage our festivals, historical sites, carnivals etc. How many easterners have heard of ikogosi (ekiti) Erin ijesha(osun) olumo rock(ogun) whispering palms (lagos) etc?

Dear minister ignore the critics... let action speak, get to work
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by jimoholuyemi3(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2016
Shai Shai Shai
There is godu oh
Lair Mohammed the kind thunder weh go fire you still they for Massai-Mara pack in Kenya dey look for bike to convey am down to Niger
Why masquerade of all jobs
my people go do political thug
my people go carry placard day & night for their voice to be heard
you only have pencil job & masquerade jobs prepared for us and your children & children children are all there in CBN
God save Nigeria from Vision less politician

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Gerrard59(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
saintdennis:
The problem with this country Is majority of the youths are too myopic in thinking...

In u.s.a they got mardi grass festival(dunno if I spelt It right) where pple dress in different crazy attires. It's a major event.

In u.k they have festivals as stupid as 'mud festival (can't remember the official name) but basically it's a mud park and the turn outs are impressive. Or it town cooking festivals?

We need to upgrade and repackage our festivals, historical sites, carnivals etc. How many easterners have heard of ikogosi (ekiti) Erin ijesha(osun) olumo rock(ogun) etc?

It's you that's the myopic one. Is it through masquerades that China, Singapore, Malaysia, S.Korea etc became what they're today? So it's through the art and science of masquerading that the US is the world's biggest economy? Now I see why you lots are called zombies.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by searchng4love: 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
saintdennis:

In u.k they have festivals as stupid as 'mud festival (can't remember the official name) but basically it's a mud park and the turn outs are impressive. Or is it town cooking festivals? Turning bad weather to profitable ventures by building skii resorts, etc

We need to upgrade and repackage our festivals, historical sites, carnivals etc. How many easterners have heard of ikogosi (ekiti) Erin ijesha(osun) olumo rock(ogun) whispering palms (lagos) etc?

I was about responding but then your b..in won't get it.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by wealth123: 11:36pm On May 03, 2016
Tell us your own idea of encouraging tourism. All you know is to criticize. All these people you mentioned have achieved somethings in life. What have you achieved? Have you added value to anybody in your sphere of influence? You guys should think and stop all these rubbish on NL

Ratello:
I don die finish grin grin this is what happens when you have desperados masquerading as commandos in power. It is too certain that if Buhari will excel the likes of Lying Mohammed, Fashola, Amaechi, Danbazzau, Audu Ogbeh, and other clowns in his cabinet will only sink him deeper into the Abyss of nothingness.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by hifaif1: 11:45pm On May 03, 2016
Happiness87:
so All that is in information, culture and tourism is petty jobs, you are sick

fyi, being a minister of a particular ministry doesn't stop you from sharing ideas with another ministry.

because u are head of department, Finance doesn't mean you can't make suggestions to admin

Who told you that masquerade dressing is a petty job Before the white men came, weren't our people mostly farmers, drummers, dancers and masquerade dressers?
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by saintdennis(m): 11:46pm On May 03, 2016
Gerrard59:

It's you that's the myopic one. Is it through masquerades that China, Singapore, Malaysia, S.Korea etc became what they're today? So it's through the art and science of masquerading that the US is the world's biggest economy? Now I see why you lots are called zombies.

Lmao... you see your life? You so myopic you don't knw hw to differentiate different portfolios.

As the tourism n info minister he's talking about strategies to improve our tourism sector. Isn't that part of his duties?

For your info tourism Is a very powerful tool as it helps give positive views of a country, her pple and culture... EVEN NORTH KOREA IS investing in skii resorts to attract tourist.

Now you're not a villager but did u consider those in the rural communities? Won't the job idea favour them?

Oh u want him to talk about how NTA will hire 5000 graduates soon abi? Think b4 u type next time because ur relating this topic to how 'usa,china etc' advanced shows how offkey you reason.

As you can see from the pics even almighthy u.s.a makes millions from a masquerade event like mardi gras. Ur parents should pay me for educating you

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 03, 2016
Why are his children not dressing masquerades? Youths should wake up and stop supporting these greedy politicians from APC, PDP e.t.c they are all the same

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by loveuGOD: 11:49pm On May 03, 2016
Some boys use to beat each other with rod in front of a masqurade in my town.

Pls can someone help me tell the minister that this is another job oppotunity.
Let people also apply for that position. Bcs msc phd etc. Lol

We need prayer in this country. Something must have wrong somewhere.

Haba. I cant stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by ademusiwa11: 11:55pm On May 03, 2016
[size=38pt]I am looking.

this Masquerade
ademusiwa@gmail.com[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 03, 2016
This tread is the funniest tread I've read in a long while. I can't help but to laugh.... this man is not polished, doesn't talk like a government spokesman, doesn't even use the right terminology. It shows he does not understand what his office entails.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by saintdennis(m): 11:58pm On May 03, 2016
searchng4love:

I was about responding but then your b..in won't get it.

Doubt yours work? If it did you'd be more interested in knowing how the minister plans to make it a reality.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Mykelpato(m): 12:01am On May 04, 2016
Can someone gimme a cutlass mah castrate that man. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Bobandgreat: 12:05am On May 04, 2016
Even @ademusiwa no fit believe am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / Biafra: Remove Itsekiri Land From Map To Avoid Civil War – Itsekiri Youths / Abuja Schools Shut Down As A Truckload Of Bandits Arrives Border Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.