Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99717 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
I feel a bit empty, I should look for a penpal to tell all
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ibkayee(f): 1:19am On Jun 24, 2017
Piiko:
I feel a bit empty, I should look for a penpal to tell all
Sorry, feel better kiss smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Sorry, feel better kiss smiley
smile for the cameras, thanks cool I am doing good now will be chilling wiv friends later 2day, what's ur day like??
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ibkayee(f): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2017
Piiko:
smile for the cameras, thanks cool I am doing good now will be chilling wiv friends later 2day, what's ur day like??
Good to hear, nothing much at the moment

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Fingerprinter(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
adabenji:
I am depressed,unhappy and so alone. No friends,no confidant,no caring family. Been having this persistent headache for months now,not had a job since January this year,just tired.
I can't do my food business because my aunt kicks against it,don't have money to finance my okrika business either. My parents are aged and in the east.
I am fed up.

Hello,
It feels so sad to learn that you've been out of job since January. Why is your aunt against your food business? Food is something that people buy everyday and it sells well. It seems this your aunt is the one currently housing you!
No matter the situation, you just have to hang on. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
By this time last year, I was suffering from one sickness to the other. In fact I almost missed my nysc camp this time last year. It was so serious one morning that I was literally dead. I could already hear my mum by my bedside begging God not to forsake her. Yes, it was that serious. We visited the hospital, the doctors we saw were all saying the same thing and prescribing the same drugs. Yet, these drugs seemed not to work.
For more than 6 months I was always in constant pains. Severe pains I tell you. Although the pains are still there now, but it has greatly reduced. One lesson I learned from all of that is that time heals all wounds.
Even though you may be feeling depressed now, just give it time.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by remsonik(f): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
MizMyColi:

smiley
It wasn't meant to come out as a compliment though. I wrote as I feltwink

I sent you a mailsmiley
Thank you my sister. I am healing gradually, mindfulness thanks too, all I need now is customers that will patronise me

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by hightempo(m): 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Depression is real....and it must not be overlooked. ......Whenever you are depress know very well that you are looking down on urself and the antidote to that is to look up..........take a break and look up into the sky ......release urself from the prison of ur own mind.......The major cause of depression is hopelessness and the antidote for it is to get involved in things that can activate your faith...........Most people who suffer greatly from depression are introverted being because of lack of social contact and their inability to voice their feelings to others because of their loner quality....I am a perfect example of an introverted being.....I love being alone and spend my time reading books....I have a degree in psychology and I have a wholistic understanding of what depression is, because I have personally undergone it and came out of it........Whenever you repress ur emotion tooo much u will be depress......u just need to talk to someone and release urself. .

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
I sit in the mirror staring hard at myself, I do not like where I am right now... I am in a very dark place again, this feeling of deep sadness, hopelessness, helplessness,the headaches, the anxiety, inability to rest or concentrate on my thoughts, weakness and loneliness is taking its tow on me. I don't want to fight any more, I am tired.
And the people I love have given up on me. How do u win a narcissist? How do you find sanity in a marriage that is against every thing you love?
I have been stuck in a loveless marriage for 8 years and still counting, at 25 I have dreams, so many things I want to say, do, wear and try but he won't let me.
I want to fall in love with my best friend,someone who will be crazy with me as much as I am crazy with him. I want to kiss passionately, and just be happy knowing that I am well cherish by my lover .
I am tired of not being me...
I want another life,the life I have now sucks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Divay22(f): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2017
kokoprincess:

I sit in the mirror staring hard at myself, I do not like where I am right now... I am in a very dark place again, this feeling of deep sadness, hopelessness, helplessness,the headaches, the anxiety, inability to rest or concentrate on my thoughts, weakness and loneliness is taking its tow on me. I don't want to fight any more, I am tired.
And the people I love have given up on me. How do u win a narcissist? How do you find sanity in a marriage that is against every thing you love?
I have been stuck in a loveless marriage for 8 years and still counting, at 25 I have dreams, so many things I want to say, do, wear and try but he won't let me.
I want to fall in love with my best friend,someone who will be crazy with me as much as I am crazy with him. I want to kiss passionately, and just be happy knowing that I am well cherish by my lover .
Don't you think it is time to break free cry

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
I want to, I tried to, I failed and I don't the strength or courage to try again not when I have lost my support system
Divay22:

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Olujanny: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Life is just so complicated and unfair. I am simply tired of covering up tears with smile. It is even more painful when no one sees the tears underneath the faked smile. I started life believing all I was told about education (bi o ba ka'we re, bata re a dun ko-ko-ka). I am simply tired. Sometimes I just want to sleep away but for my parents and loving husband. Things aren't just working. I am tired.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Allikola(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2017
kokoprincess:

Did you go back to your abusive husband? If you did, it is your choice but I hope you don't die by his hands. Try to take up some hobbies, get a small job, or join some social groups. You are still young. Don't let anyone rob you of your life.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 08, 2017
kokoprincess:

Please for your own sake, leave the marriage

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
Someone crossed me and I just felt like beating him up seriously or paying people to do it, I was so angry for some people age doesn't come with maturity or wisdom I hate you and you are on my hit list angry it's my paddy's birthday pretty soon and I can't get him anything meaningful cry I will just ask him to defer a lil

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
Olujanny:
Life is just so complicated and unfair. I am simply tired of covering up tears with smile. It is even more painful when no one sees the tears underneath the faked smile. I started life believing all I was told about education (bi o ba ka'we re, bata re a dun ko-ko-ka). I am simply tired. Sometimes I just want to sleep away but for my parents and loving husband. Things aren't just working. I am tired.

Please take heart. It is well.

Meanwhile, Send SMS at http://angelbulksms.com for fast delivery.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by eipreel(f): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
hightempo:
Depression is real....and it must not be overlooked. ......Whenever you are depress know very well that you are looking down on urself and the antidote to that is to look up..........take a break and look up into the sky ......release urself from the prison of ur own mind.......The major cause of depression is hopelessness and the antidote for it is to get involved in things that can activate your faith...........Most people who suffer greatly from depression are introverted being because of lack of social contact and their inability to voice their feelings to others because of their loner quality....I am a perfect example of an introverted being.....I love being alone and spend my time reading books....I have a degree in psychology and I have a wholistic understanding of what depression is, because I have personally undergone it and came out of it........Whenever you repress ur emotion tooo much u will be depress......u just need to talk to someone and release urself. .

Perfect description but the question I keep asking is can an extremely introverted being ever overcome this demon? It has always been a come and go thing for me so I have already started seeing it as a part of me.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by omoharry(f): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
Divay22:

Do you have children in this marriage?how many?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by omoharry(f): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
hopeless28:
Waking up each day is no longer my wish anymore, as I'm tired of living

Nothing seems to work for me again, family turned their backs against me,even the love of my life no longer keeps in touch like before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I just want to escape from this world and bury my shame

Frustrated and hopeless
Suicide on my mind
Depression is one of those things in life but how you go about it is another matter..when i was at my all time low ..i looked inward to see what i could do in other to lighten myself up..i registered with a voluntary org and i became a part time volunteer..so every year we have project that we work on and this makes be happy because it my share of service to humanity..join any org and be a part of for it.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by omoharry(f): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
mrstheo:
I'm depressed and down for the past two months now..i just joined my hubby in lagos from Edo state. Instead of him to take me to his apartment, he asked me to go stay with his elder sister and it hasn't been easy. He comes to the sister's place every weekend. I work my hass out on daily basis as if am their house maid and my hubby is so comfortable with it. Each time I bring up the issue of us moving to the apartment given to us by his company he always flair up and get so upset. He doesn't give me money for upkeep and each time I ask him for money he will say he doesn't have money. And I'm not working yet cos I'm new in lagos and I Don't want to work around the sister environment cos she will continue to use me. Have been TTC for almost two years now all to no avail. All of this is breaking ma heart and giving sleepless night. I can't sleep without using sleeping pills. I just need somebody to talk to cos I don't want to involve ma parent with the issue.
when you say hubby? do mean Husband? whom you are legally married to? becos my instinct is about telling you to flee..

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by omoharry(f): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Guys I am 36 years old..working but no relationship ..presently I am not depress but lost..some times i get really low ..so low that you feel that Time has be frozen and every other person is moving except you.You watch as your friends achieve things in life..get married with children with good job and start planning their lives but you have not even started any.You sometimes wonder if the world is really fair to some people and unfair to others. But what get me up most times is that i look up to the high heavens and thank God that i am healthy and not running from hospital to hospital trying to treat a terminal ailment.When that thought comes through my mind all other negative thoughts go away.I do volunteering activities when i am free just keep me uplifted sometimes.The world works in mysterious ways.some times we do not always get what we hope for and the world becomes dark to us but when we achieving most of our expectations in life it becomes a wonderful place to live in. the twin sister of sadness and joy..hmmmmm!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 21, 2017
pogolowa1:
question is what Do we Do? Staying in Nigeria is hard leaving the country is harder. Been looking for how to apply for a visa no luck. The government keep singing it be self employed how much do I make a month. God should just come down and let all this end.

This is so true. God should kukuma just come and end this world. If he wants to have many people in Heaven. As things are now, many won't mind heading to hell just to be comfortable not wealthy Sef.
Sighs
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 21, 2017
Ever been in that family while growing up and your parents are the poor ones? Yep that's my family. My dad's siblings are wealthy, my mom's siblings are wealthy too. My parents didn't start off on a bad note though, they were doing alright until my dad fell sick and mom lost her job. From then we have been living from hand to mouth and people still thought we were comfortable smh.
Growing up we were that family other extended family don't want to talk to. To make it worse, I dreaded Christmas because that's when all my dad's siblings and their kids come home and they never fail to robot in our face that we are poor. It was just so bad that I wanted to drown one of my cousins after he insulted my dad. I grew up having few friends and a good nuclear family, depressed and still depressed now, I just don't feel anything towards my "friends". I think of myself as a prey now and things are not getting any better now. Dad's late, mom is jobless. Me and my siblings hustling and at the end of the day it looks like nothing is moving forward. Haven't paid my tuition, the school has sent messages to Nigeria tire. I am now regretting why I traveled to this place sef.
Checked my school email today and Thank God I have not been delisted or have a canceled I-20.
I looked at my dad with this nearly hatred eyes when he was alive and I miss him now. I was just so mad that he couldn't provide the life my cousins had for us.
Where I go start, where would I end. Took 10 Tylenol last week to end it all and still woke up. Thinking of any banned substance here and worst of all now, if I get sick, I don't have insurance and I have been having this banging headache.

PS: I might not have the strength to make it pass this year. I love you Mom; you tried
Thought my was bad, till I read bleble24's tale here. Just wish I can help her but I just can't. I know what she's going through because I was once that child that asked that question. Hell I still ask now why my dad wasn't rich while all his siblings are. I still ask why my mom's rich siblings that care has to die off, all five of them dead.
To bleble24: Love your children unconditionally but know when to rest while hustling to make them happy. Wish you the best and sent you a PM If you want to talk.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by laurelbae(f): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
I think this a place to share my bleeding thoughts, sad feelings of emptiness, disappointments and hopelessness. I have been judged,neglected, pushed so hard but I still believe their is someone watching over me. That mysterious being that answers when we call. I hope I get a divine rescue soon. cry

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by remi1444: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Arondizuogu:
Ever been in that family while growing up and your parents are the poor ones? Yep that's my family. My dad's siblings are wealthy, my mom's siblings are wealthy too. My parents didn't start off on a bad note though, they were doing alright until my dad fell sick and mom lost her job. From then we have been living from hand to mouth and people still thought we were comfortable smh.
Growing up we were that family other extended family don't want to talk to. To make it worse, I dreaded Christmas because that's when all my dad's siblings and their kids come home and they never fail to robot in our face that we are poor. It was just so bad that I wanted to drown one of my cousins after he insulted my dad. I grew up having few friends and a good nuclear family, depressed and still depressed now, I just don't feel anything towards my "friends". I think of myself as a prey now and things are not getting any better now. Dad's late, mom is jobless. Me and my siblings hustling and at the end of the day it looks like nothing is moving forward. Haven't paid my tuition, the school has sent messages to Nigeria tire. I am now regretting why I traveled to this place sef.
Checked my school email today and Thank God I have not been delisted or have a canceled I-20.
I looked at my dad with this nearly hatred eyes when he was alive and I miss him now. I was just so mad that he couldn't provide the life my cousins had for us.
Where I go start, where would I end. Took 10 Tylenol last week to end it all and still woke up. Thinking of any banned substance here and worst of all now, if I get sick, I don't have insurance and I have been having this banging headache.

PS: I might not have the strength to make it pass this year. I love you Mom; you tried
Thought my was bad, till I read bleble24's tale here. Just wish I can help her but I just can't. I know what she's going through because I was once that child that asked that question. Hell I still ask now why my dad wasn't rich while all his siblings are. I still ask why my mom's rich siblings that care has to die off, all five of them dead.
To bleble24: Love your children unconditionally but know when to rest while hustling to make them happy. Wish you the best and sent you a PM If you want to talk.
boss I can share your pain, though I am just 20yrs days ago, though life hasn't fvcked me real good yet but I still struggle to get admitted to study law and i can say it isn't easy here this is making it 3rd attempt, I did so many crazy stuffs I can't dare mention here against God, myself, dad, mom, siblings, relative and neighbor but I began to realize that sometimes we tend to conclude that life isn't worthy living or we ain't in that spot where we ought to be or dreamt to be the truth is this life or progress drought that we faces today are a preparation for a wonderful future ahead, all that matter now is consistency.

spare my poor comprehension.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
OMG!!!!!reading through a lot of writeups and feeling really unhappy. No matter what you are going through, never be suicidal. I am a survivor! Life has thrown terrible jabs at me, but I never gave up. I am not where I want to be, but far from where I used to be. Depression is Real! Talk to people, don't bottle it... Cry all you can, it relieves you of toxic hormones.
Don't give up, if it's not working at the moment, trust me the universe is preparing a better option for you.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by vena92: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good Afternoon House,please does anyone have or knows anyone who has a vehicle for transport purposes,Bus/Taxi please link me up, help me out.
My Contact: 08085407859
Thank You.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Fummylola: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2017
mrstheo:
I'm depressed and down for the past two months now..i just joined my hubby in lagos from Edo state. Instead of him to take me to his apartment, he asked me to go stay with his elder sister and it hasn't been easy. He comes to the sister's place every weekend. I work my hass out on daily basis as if am their house maid and my hubby is so comfortable with it. Each time I bring up the issue of us moving to the apartment given to us by his company he always flair up and get so upset. He doesn't give me money for upkeep and each time I ask him for money he will say he doesn't have money. And I'm not working yet cos I'm new in lagos and I Don't want to work around the sister environment cos she will continue to use me. Have been TTC for almost two years now all to no avail. All of this is breaking ma heart and giving sleepless night. I can't sleep without using sleeping pills. I just need somebody to talk to cos I don't want to involve ma parent with the issue.

Let's have a word ma
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mrphysics(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2017
laurelbae:
I think this a place to share my bleeding thoughts, sad feelings of emptiness, disappointments and hopelessness. I have been judged,neglected, pushed so hard but I still believe their is someone watching over me. That mysterious being that answers when we call. I hope I get a divine rescue soon. cry
You might be the divine help you are looking for. From experience, the only solution is how you take your life. This world is complicated and hard to understand. Decide to be happy, avoid anything that can get you angry. If there is anything you are passionate about, take a break from it. Then eat good, take fruits, do regular exercises.

I do not know what you are passing through, but don't take this life too serious. Depression is real, I have experienced it till it built me up. I have passed through one of the most devastating problem anyone could pass from in this life. I didn't allow anyone to notice, at all times I have been strong, hard working, smart and hard a supporting family. Even the rich also cry, thats the truth. Get books and read, listen to music, avoid things that will make you emotional.

Life has no law, the graph of time is not linear. You can't predict anything. It will be well

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by edrys(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hmm. I can't even organise my thought; smiling but not happy. So many things bothering me. Helpless, Hopeless, nobody to count on as a lot look up to me. Can all this burden just disappear?! Yes, they can cos they are all money matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.