Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99456 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ladyju(f): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
@ICQUIN I think that was what made my problem worse.I'm a very private person. When my problem started. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I went through a lot all alone. When my depression started, I was lonely, no friends to talk to.

If I decide to go for a walk or drive, I see people, friends chatting happily, It will look as if I'm d only one sad without friends.
Now I realize dat I need friends but I don't even know how to make one.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 8:08am On Nov 07, 2016
ladyju:
@ICQUIN I think that was what made my problem worse.I'm a very private person. When my problem started. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I went through a lot all alone. When my depression started, I was lonely, no friends to talk to.

If I decide to go for a walk or drive, I see people, friends chatting happily, It will look as if I'm d only one sad without friends.

Good morning!
We can be friends if you want. PM sent.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
so happy to see this thread through i might my own issues trust me i stil have time to share in your troubles no matter how you feel PM me and am a very good listener most of all God is best.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by youngice(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Loneliness can be a deep chasm
Being in a relationship doesn't guarantee the absence of loneliness, some times we just want to have someone we can cry to and complain and the person will listen without judgment or comparisons, so many 'acquaintances ' but no true friend, I learned to bury my frustrations in work and because of my nature, compassion comes easy to me , but life's a bitc.h and the people that love the deepest are hardly ever loved in return
I'm not depressed

I'm not interested in a relationship
I just need to be heard
That's my greatest fear
Being voiceless

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by canadianboy(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
over 7 years of marriage, I had been searchingly for employment. Luckily, an opportunity came and a foremost financial institution gave me a job but had to post me far to a CORE NORTH city where the level of security is of concern. But being a family man in desperate need of a means of livelihood, I had to accept the offer believing sooner than expected, a new job down south would surface or better still, a redeployment would be possible down south.
Friends, I am close to 4years now in that region without any hope of being reunited with my emotionally tortured family members who miss me every minute of the day. I visit them like 4 times a year.
Now I am depressed now and can't continue this lifestyle as it has had adverse effect on my wife and my grown up kids who complain all time.
But I can't leave the job without another and I am missing my family and they are missing me as well. My request goes thus: anyone with contacts for jobs down south should kindly help me out or a useful advice. I wish to leave the North at the end of this year. I just feel I should give a priority to my family just as much as I give to my career. I work specifically in Yola and my family are in Lagos.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by yashau(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2016
iLifeplus:
I want to share in your suffering, I want to cry with you, I want to stand by you, listen to you and not Judge you no matter how terrible what you did. Please to you reading this and you need help PM me lets talk. You're not alone, never think you're. I'm here with you.
i need some help from u, I'll like to talk u maybe through phone or other's means... tnx
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by yashau(m): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2016
Eotwilliam:
Are you confused , depressed or worried about any aspect of your life, be it career, relationship , marriage , finance etc
You can talk to me , while i share in your burden and give you reasons why you should be happy despite all you're going through.

Happiness comes from within not from our circumstances.

E.O.T William
mr William i felt my life
is crumbling in my present but i still don't know how to move on, it's like I'm dreaming.. any help from you will appreciated
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
[/quote]
pm me so we can chat if you like atleast am a good listener that is the only thing i can offer if you don't mind no need to be sad am like that sometimes.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
canadianboy:
over 7 years of marriage, I had been searchingly for employment. Luckily, an opportunity came and a foremost financial institution gave me a job but had to post me far to a CORE NORTH city where the level of security is of concern. But being a family man in desperate need of a means of livelihood, I had to accept the offer believing sooner than expected, a new job down south would surface or better still, a redeployment would be possible down south.
Friends, I am close to 4years now in that region without any hope of being reunited with my emotionally tortured family members who miss me every minute of the day. I visit them like 4 times a year.
Now I am depressed now and can't continue this lifestyle as it has had adverse effect on my wife and my grown up kids who complain all time.
But I can't leave the job without another and I am missing my family and they are missing me as well. My request goes thus: anyone with contacts for jobs down south should kindly help me out or a useful advice. I wish to leave the North at the end of this year. I just feel I should give a priority to my family just as much as I give to my career. I work specifically in Yola and my family are in Lagos.

if your salary is a good one i will advice you leave the job and start a business with your wife so you can hold on with that stil you get a new job
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by bleble24: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hmmmmm!! !
Where do I start from? But in all, God de sha.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Eotwilliam(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
yashau:
mr William i feel my is crumbling in my present but i still don't know how to move on, it's like I'm dreaming.. any help from you will appreciated
you can move on regardless of whatever it is that has kept you on the ground until now , the power to rise is just within you , let it fly
you can share with me . let me share in your pain ans we could walk your recovery process together
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by yashau(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
Eotwilliam:

you can move on regardless of whatever it is that has kept you on the ground until now , the power to rise is just within you , let it fly
you can share with me . let me share in your pain ans we could walk your recovery process together

thanks. 2 u mr William it's just that my matter is complicated some how i don't know if i can get ur personal contact so that i can share it with u .tnx.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Eotwilliam(m): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
yashau:
thanks. 2 u mr William it's just that my matter is complicated some how i don't know if i can get ur personal contact so that i can share it with u .tnx.

it would be be my pleasure
contacts
peter_ogundele@yahoo.com
eotwilliam..com
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
yashau:
i need some help from u, I'll like to talk u maybe through phone or other's means... tnx
I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been off nl for sometime now. I have sent you a Pm.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 28, 2016
I still wonder what will make a person over do a thing. Like when he is on laptop he can't never take his eyes way from it till something hard happens..

Sometimes when am on Nairaland, its hard for me to enter facebook or do anything. Same way when am on facebook or when am on bet or x sites.

This addictions have eaten deep in my life that attimes I feel like stabbing myself just to divert my attention from a thing.

I don't know if anybody is experiencing same.. It always happens when am on my Laptop.....My life has been reduced drastically that I need help concerning it.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by uairaland: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
I still wonder what will make a person over do a thing. Like when he is on laptop he can't never take his eyes way from it till something hard happens..

Sometimes when am on Nairaland, its hard for me to enter facebook or do anything. Same way when am on facebook or when am on bet or x sites.

This addictions have eaten deep in my life that attimes I feel like stabbing myself just to divert my attention from a thing.

I don't know if anybody is experiencing same.. It always happens when am on my Laptop.....My life has been reduced drastically that I need help concerning it.

you have already solved half of the problem by acknowledging that there is a problem and you even went further to point out what the problem is.

now you have to remember. WHAT EVER CONTROLS YOU CAN KILL YOU.

now let me ask you? are you the owner of your laptop OR is your laptop the owner of YOU ? The thing that makes us different from goats and other animals is our ability to say YES or NO and take decisions.

there are ways you can regain your life and channel your addiction into something that will improve your life and give you more value and more friends too.

when was the last time you went to a book store?
go out and buy a nice novel and challenge yourself to read it till the end.

how old are you? what's your occupation?

visit places around you and look for new things that will spark your interest and improve you.

i can say one million words but in the end, it is all up to you and your desire to make a change.

switch off your laptop before it switches you off.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by uairaland: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2016
bleble24:
Hmmmmm!! ! Where do I start from? But in all, God de sha.
start from where you are.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by bleble24: 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
uairaland:

start from where you are.

Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Fabulousb36(f): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2016
I feel lonely most of the time.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Yoyostic: 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
I'm just so depressed right now I wish I can just end it all if only I have the courage to do so.I just voluntarily withdrew from a school I've been doing my MSC due to this high exchange rate.I have been a part time student for a year now and have just a year to go.I got a job last year but the new government of my state stopped it when they assumed power this year.This education have been my only solace.Now I just feel I'm back to step one. I don't even know where to begin from.I'm married but very lonely,I have kids but nothing gives me joy.I just feel out of place in this world.I feel God has failed me too.I'm just so depressed.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Yoyostic:
I'm just so depressed right now I wish I can just end it all if only I have the courage to do so.I just voluntarily withdrew from a school I've been doing my MSC due to this high exchange rate.I have been a part time student for a year now and have just a year to go.I got a job last year but the new government of my state stopped it when they assumed power this year.This education have been my only solace.Now I just feel I'm back to step one. I don't even know where to begin from.I'm married but very lonely,I have kids but nothing gives me joy.I just feel out of place in this world.I feel God has failed me too.I'm just so depressed.

sir please don't say so God has not falied you at all maybe he has a reason for all this why not ask him to lead you, please he will do it
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Yoyostic: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
ricy20:

sir please don't say so God has not falied you at all maybe he has a reason for all this why not ask him to lead you, please he will do it
I have asked him several times to lead me.I have prayed and prayed.But you know what?The more I pray,the more bad things keep happening.Each time I put my hand into something,it fails be it job or business.I put my best into it,but it's not just enough.I'm just wandering in the circle of life.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Naira landers plz help a bro/son...just got admitted into futo but findng it difficult to pay acceptance fee..
Plz no amount is 2 small..

Diamond bank
God bless as you help
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Kauk: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Draw strength from others
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by babs50g: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2016
@kauk. Good morning . U can see that from what other peep have posted shows that we can't have everything at the same time . What u are feeling , thinking is not what any other person is feeling or thinking . We are bound to have our different varying degrees of thought , emotions and action and inaction
the most beautiful attire you can wear at all times is ur smile and your most prized possession is ur integrity .

My friend never look down on your self . As i m typing i do have
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by omawunmie85: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
just wandering In d circle of life!hmmmmmm.......it is well wit my soul
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AgoraRoad(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
This is one of my favorite quotes because it illustrates the way the majority of people think.
Before Tai Lopez opened up his real estate course, with his business partner Cole Hatter, many people Tai spoke to about real estate equated
Renting a house with being poor, and buying a house with being rich.
But if you want to separate yourself from the masses, you have to have to think differently then the masses.
Because the reality of the situation is that there are many celebrities who rent their homes as opposed to buying them.
So do they rent because they can't afford their homes?
Of course not.
So when should you buy versus when should you rent?
What do you do with your income? Where do you place it to get the highest rates of returns?

----------------------------------
Learn what my mentor's taught me that allowed me to make money while traveling and having fun here http://www.asapmediavip.com/life/tai-lopez-67-steps-review-a-path-to-living-the-good-life/
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by juman(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
APC government on provision of stable electricity to the people is abysmally bad.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by kaziblake(f): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2016
I just need a shoulder to cry on...so frustrated with life.
Jesus this isn't what you promised me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.