Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99636 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Diamondcrown97(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2016
kaziblake:
I just need a shoulder to cry on...so frustrated with life.
Jesus this isn't what you promised me
Am not God but I believe I can be of help to you...
You can contact me via my number 07069354749
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
mastermaestro:

Resorting to reading books alone could actually drive you farther away from reality and deepen your depression. Too much reading detaches one away from everyday life. You would become a solitary figure. As for me, I am an avid reader. This nearly drove me into serious loneliness and separated me from real life activities with family and friends. But after I while I started fighting it by engaging in outdoor activities. I enjoy a lot of games outdoors. In fact once I hear the sound of football when I get home in the evening, I immediately go locate the place and join them in the game. grin This is how I stay happy and connected to people in my environment.

Outdoor recreational activity is the most effective cure to depression and loneliness. You would erroneously think that being in a love relationship would solve it. No it wouldn't. You should also learn to visit people. Discuss and spend good time with them. smiley Once in a while I go swimming just to break away from everyday routine. It refreshes my body, soul and mind. wink

Hanging onto your phone all day can damage you emotionally. You may no longer be able to cope with, manage properly and enjoy face to face rapport. That's why some people are always impatient; they want to go home, they want to be left alone for no real reasons.

True. This describes me well. But how do I cope when I'm in a place where little or no recreational outdoor activities take place? I've no friends.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
MariamAlheri:

True. This describes me well. But how do I cope when I'm in a place where little or no recreational outdoor activities take place? I've no friends.

Why would you say you have no friends when you have me? tongue Well you've got to reach out to people around if none is doing same to you. If you are a Christian, I encourage you to actively participate in church activities. Take up a task that requires regular engagement, it helps a lot. It keeps you sane. It brings out the loving, outgoing side in you.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2016
mastermaestro:

Why would you say you have no friends when you have me? tongue Well you've got to reach out to people around if none is doing same to you. If you are a Christian, I encourage you to actively participate in church activities. Take up a task that requires regular engagement, it helps a lot. It keeps you sane. It brings out the loving, outgoing side in you.

Yea, I'm in the children unit in church and it sure brings out the loving and outgoing side of me. But still I've no friends of my age group, home or abroad. I'm always glued to my phone; browsing, NOT CHATTING O. I'm impatient, I make friends but keeping and maintaining them is the real problem. Now, its Christmas time, holidays are here. Its evident I'm gonna be spending it alone. I'm trying all I can not go get depressed at the thought! Thanks for reaching out.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Make your xmas and new year money within 48Hours with Growr.
A new bitcoin platform that gives you 150%(your deposit included) of your money.
The withdrawal is instant and automatic.
Join now and make your money fast!!!

Check my signature to join fast
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
MariamAlheri:

Yea, I'm in the children unit in church and it sure brings out the loving and outgoing side of me. But still I've no friends of my age group, home or abroad. I'm always glued to my phone; browsing, NOT CHATTING O. I'm impatient, I make friends but keeping and maintaining them is the real problem. Now, its Christmas time, holidays are here. Its evident I'm gonna be spending it alone. I'm trying all I can not go get depressed at the thought! Thanks for reaching out.

Now I get the picture. Maybe you should start by engaging in online chats more than you presently do. I used to be very impatient and easily irritated too. My standard for keeping anyone was extremely high then. But over time I realized that humans are humans with plenty of shortcomings and imperfections. Now I try to patiently chat with the high and low, even when their expressions are not so coherent. I just do my best to make a meaning of it. Remember, everyone comes with a flaw. Everyone isn't as smart as you are. Sometimes you have to condescend to men of low estate for the sake of friendship and keeping in touch.

When you relate with people according to the strength of their mind, you will enjoy their company much more. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
mastermaestro:

Now I get the picture. Maybe you should start by engaging in online chats more than you presently do. I used to be very impatient and easily irritated too. My standard for keeping anyone was extremely high then. But over time I realized that humans are humans with plenty of shortcomings and imperfections. Now I try to patiently chat with the high and low, even when their expressions are not so coherent. I just do my best to make a meaning of it. Remember, everyone comes with a flaw. Everyone isn't as smart as you are. Sometimes you have to condescend to men of low estate for the sake of friendship and keeping in touch.

When you relate with people according to the strength of their mind, you will enjoy their company much more. smiley

And when it takes ages for them to reply chats and messages, what do you do abeg?

If you know how bored I am right now ehn.....
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
MariamAlheri:

And when it takes ages for them to reply chats and messages, what do you do abeg?

If you know how bored I am right now ehn.....

Oya make we chat. Pick a medium, please.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
mastermaestro:

Oya make we chat. Pick a medium, please.
_
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
MariamAlheri:
_

7b4fae57

Oh, I forgot to tell you that my bbm isn't functional on my phone. Whatsapp or Facebook chat.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
[quote author=mastermaestro post=52066650]

Oh, I forgot to tell you that my bbm isn't functional on my phone. Whatsapp or Facebook chat.[/quot
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
mastermaestro:

Oh, I forgot to tell you that my bbm isn't functional on my phone. Whatsapp or Facebook chat.

Ok
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by pinkguy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
I'm depressed the only thing that keep me alive is my kid sister I have interview on 21 of this month but don't have money to transport myself there I don't have family that the reason I came to family section pleasssss I need 5k u can transfer it to my account number

, Ecobank, 3841094271 pls forgive me if i upset you with my write-up
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Zinny25(f): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2016
I am hrt broken, depressed and sad. I feel worthless. This life makes no meaning to me anymore. I'm down emotionally and psychologically. I need help, I need someone to pour out my heart to
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Zinny25:
I am hrt broken, depressed and sad. I feel worthless. This life makes no meaning to me anymore. I'm down emotionally and psychologically. I need help, I need someone to pour out my heart to

Here zinny dear, try me.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 12:05am On Dec 25, 2016
Zinny25:
It's almost the same thing here, let's be friends....... Whatsapp - 07066997213
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2016
MariamAlheri:

Here zinny dear, try me.
How bout we become friends...... Whatsapp - 07066997213
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
My case has been since I was 12. Case keep worsening due to financial constraints. I am a student yet I don't have accomodation,i can't buy simple manuals and lecturers notes. i sleep in classes, thank God I am a male dem for rape since. I was hoping to get scholarships but all avail. I have no money to even get a skill not to talk of starting a small business. There are literally no jobs around me. I was hoping to get some money to buy a laptop and enrol in some software training programmes but it seems no help is forthcoming.
Funny enough i can't even commit suicide since I have no ceiling at home and those ratkillers cost money.
I am tired of this existence. Sometimes I just think of jumping in front of a speeding car but that kind of death would be too painful. I just need a painless end. ;(
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by bakynes(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mine happening right on Christmas day, my gf has just compounded my depressed state.

Since 3years plus we spend our Xmas together in my family house because her dad is dead and before the death of her dad her parents were separated. Her mum is married to someone else in far away illorin. So am possibly the only one she could spend her Xmas with.

My family has taken her as part of the family everyone knows her even my extended family knows her. I supported her with the little I could afford financially, emotionally through her final year in school to service year. We were even planning on doing our introduction this year and one day she just woke up and decided not to talk to me again. I called her,sent her txt msgs she didn't reply to any with no explanation.

I'm like how could people be so callous, we did everything together. Everything gone

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by purpleNG(f): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Hmmmm,had been depressed for 2years now.I need help ooooh before I try something funny
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Successjoy(f): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
purpleNG:
Hmmmm,had been depressed for 2years now.I need help ooooh before I try something funny
hmmm. What is the reason for the depression? Sharing it will reduce the burden. Pls don't hurt yourself no matter what...
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Successjoy(f): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
@bakynes, I ve you been to her house? Was there any argument between the both of you before she stopped picking your calls? Just calm down please... All will be well
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mukulwps: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2016
Depression is not a play, there is something that caused it, patients should always work on things that depress them. I learnt that major cause of depression is inability to balance spiritual visions and reality.

Depression has been in africa but we belief its a taboo hardly do we think of it. But now nija full for social media, oyibo things all photocopied

Sexless marriage
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by juman(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hmmm

Reading some posts, it reiterated in me that nigeria can never become a better country. No sensible and competent leaders that can make the necessary changes.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 29, 2016
Create the environment, for me I registered with a gym centre and I make sure I spend 1hr every morning and evening before and after work. Visit less privileged ones in the society and try to encourage them.
MariamAlheri:

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by MariamAlheri: 5:59am On Dec 29, 2016
loyallove:
Create the environment, for me I registered with a gym centre and I make sure I spend 1hr every morning and evening before and after work. Visit less privileged ones in the society and try to encourage them.
Ok sir. Thanks.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 29, 2016
COMMUNICATION IN A RELATIONSHIP

‘May our mind work together to find mutual understanding, may our word reveal more than it obscures, and may the mind, eyes, tongue be guided by our hearts’’ Anonymous.

Much that goes wrong in relationship lies in poor or no communication level. We must be at home enough with ourselves to talk about anything and be honest enough not to keep some for next time. It is better to communicate than to suppress feelings. We sometimes leave some stuff unsaid on the basis of assumption: ‘He should know what’s on my mind’’. ‘Even if I didn’t tell her, she should’ve know a lot better’’. Hello! He/she isn’t some psyche mind-reader. When things are left unsaid they don’t disappear into thin air, they are stored up in the mind consciously or unconsciously as a time bomb waiting to explode and with time they will. See, un-communicated feelings building up on the inside overtime are often the source of anger and resentment in a relationship.

There are however some people who do much communication and yet don’t communicate at all. Theirs is one that communicates with the intent to have things their way; they play the defensive and dig out the fault of the other person. ‘You did it; you said this or that.’ ‘You were at fault not me.’’ ‘I told you not to, now see.’’ To them, it’s a matter of who is wrong and who is right. That isn’t communication! It is self-consciousness, and nothing kills communication than self-preoccupation. Communication is not about who is right or who is wrong, neither is it about what we say but rather the attitude that lies behind what we say. Our communication should be about joining our hearts together as one rather than tearing apart. We should communicate with the intent to join than to attack (separate).

Communication is the foundation for understanding in a relationship and when communication begins to fade, every other thing follows. To communicate is.........

Follow the link to continue reading: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/relationship-103-communication.html#more

Happy Holiday
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by FrankNetter(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Successjoy:
@bakynes, I ve you been to her house? Was there any argument between the both of you before she stopped picking your calls? Just calm down please... All will be well

Hey dear. How are you doing?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Successjoy(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
FrankNetter:

Hey dear. How are you doing?
I'm doing fine. Obviously you are okay. How is US treating you?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by FrankNetter(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Successjoy:
I'm doing fine. Obviously you are okay. How is US treating you?

Great. How is Nigeria? Hope you're okay?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Successjoy(f): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
FrankNetter:

Great. How is Nigeria? Hope you're okay?
Nigeria is Just there o (you know what we are currently going through ). And i 'm okay. Thanks for asking. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.