Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99451 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by FrankNetter(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Successjoy:
Nigeria is Just there o (you know what we are currently going through ). And i 'm okay. Thanks for asking. God bless you

Bless you too

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by purpleNG(f): 2:05am On Dec 30, 2016
Success joy,I just wish you understand
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by purpleNG(f): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2016
Sometimes I feel like dying in my dreams
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by purpleNG(f): 2:24am On Dec 30, 2016
Its okay
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Funjosh(m): 5:45am On Dec 30, 2016
Hang on guys things will be better. smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by enoqueen: 5:33am On Jan 05, 2017
ladyju:
@ICQUIN I think that was what made my problem worse.I'm a very private person. When my problem started. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I went through a lot all alone. When my depression started, I was lonely, no friends to talk to.

If I decide to go for a walk or drive, I see people, friends chatting happily, It will look as if I'm d only one sad without friends.
Now I realize dat I need friends but I don't even know how to make one.

Can we be friends
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by purpleNG(f): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks guys,yeah yeah at enoqueen
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Smallish(f): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
ladyju:
@ICQUIN I think that was what made my problem worse.I'm a very private person. When my problem started. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I went through a lot all alone. When my depression started, I was lonely, no friends to talk to.

If I decide to go for a walk or drive, I see people, friends chatting happily, It will look as if I'm d only one sad without friends.
It's exactly the same with me, I went through my depression alone with no one to confide in even though I have people to talk to, I realized they didn't even care enough to know something was off with me. Seeing good friends being there for each other makes me more sad cause I feel like I'm the only one alone.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 12:19am On Jan 13, 2017
Smallish:

It's exactly the same with me, I went through my depression alone with no one to confide in even though I have people to talk to, I realized they didn't even care enough to know something was off with me. Seeing good friends being there for each other makes me more sad cause I feel like I'm the only one alone.
same thing here....people to talk to but no one to confide in,it's terrible...all I do is read some threads on NL.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by virtual3xpert: 2:24am On Jan 14, 2017
How about a whatsapp group then?
cc AlfaAce Smallish ladyju MariamAlheri mastermaestro
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 15, 2017
ARE YOU HURTING?

At some point in our lives, we all have experienced one form of hurt or the other; either as a result of heartbreak from a relationship, by losing someone dearest to us to death, by being abused, raped, rejected, or as a result of separation from siblings and parent due to divorce etc. And at that point, we feel so twisted up inside like the whole world has risen against us and we hope for the ground to open up and swallow us. Life becomes meaningless and we no longer see reasons to live. The place of love is replaced with fear, trust with betrayal, joy with anger, and forgiveness with vengeance. Deep down in the midst of all these, we feel these hurt are unique to us; that we’re the only ones having such experience, and our hearts begin to resound with endless questions of ‘why me?’’, ‘why would such a thing happen to me?’’, ‘why would God allow it?’’

It is very painful for instance, to have given yourself to someone without reservation; to have poured out your love upon him/her, and to have made yourself available to them, only for him to break your heart. You’ll feel betrayed and find it hard to trust or lose the tendency to trust. And say to yourself, ‘I’ll never open myself up again. No one will ever get another chance to hurt me like that again.’’ Likewise, the breakup of a home creates a tremendous amount of anxiety for children, as they face life with so much uncertainty of the future; they don’t know what it holds. Fear and anxiety creeps into their hearts which at a later stage gives way to anger and hostility.

Hurt is a hidden inner attitude that we carry around. It is the most excruciating pain anyone can feel. Hurts produces three kinds of persons: the one who gives in, the one who fights back and the one who lets go.

The one who gives in is one who is consumed by the hurt and remain caged in the prison of grief. This person finds it hard to come out of the hurt and has a way of defining life from the point of hurt and he/she becomes very suspicious. ‘Never trust anyone’’ becomes their slogan.

The one who fight back is the one who pays back. He/she is aflame with hurt and seeks to spread that flame on everything along his/her path. He or she is fueled by vengeance, ‘if I can’t get back at the person who hurt me, I might as well do it to someone else.’’

The one who lets go is one who has been able to deal with the hurt, who accepts that yes it happened to me but it doesn’t mean the end of the world and then moves on. But this person tends to be more careful in his/her............................

Follow the link to continue: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/hurts.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 12:38am On Jan 16, 2017
virtual3xpert:
cc AlfaAce Smallish ladyju MariamAlheri mastermaestro
No problem hommie,07066997213
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by WINNERMENTALITY: 3:08am On Jan 16, 2017
I think I have Personality Disorder.....

I can't make friends with strangers nd its costing me money cos the ones I trust always take advantage of my mumness.

90% of our depression has not in Supressed anger and deep lonliness.

MAY SAVE US ALL... DONT WANNA DIE YOUNG

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2017
virtual3xpert:

cc AlfaAce
Smallish
ladyju
MariamAlheri
mastermaestro

Is it working just yet?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by virtual3xpert: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
mastermaestro:

Is it working just yet?
Well, no one showed any interest.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
virtual3xpert:

Well, no one showed any interest.

What's the way forward then?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by virtual3xpert: 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
mastermaestro:

What's the way forward then?

I don't know really. I find it difficult to open up to people around me. I've always felt no one understood me and I can relate with what most are going through on this thread. A group will help us open up, talk about our issues, motivate each other and even help out in any way we can.

People have to be willing to be a part of it. You can profer a solution if you have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by eanestca(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
Right now am in a temporary mess that looks like I wont survive it
but the truth is I know I will emerge victorious but the wait/weight is the issue,
so many things are going wrong at the same time,
I cant even deal with them one after the other,
am at the verge of giving up but am trying to draw strength from whatever inspirational book I have or find online,
but still its over whelming.

God help me through this, I cant make it without you please
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by udysweet(f): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
eanestca:
but the truth is I know I will emerge victorious but the wait/weight is the issue,
am at the verge of giving up but am trying to draw strength from whatever inspirational book I have or find online,

Amen to this *hugs *

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 05, 2017
eanestca:

Amen. Hugs.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by npage01(m): 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
TRE EN........
Solution for:
* General cleansing of blood,
* Detoxifier
* Cramp repellant
* Irregular menstruation
* Menstrual pain treatment
* Libido boast
* Increases sexual performance
energy boaster
* Healthy looks

TRE EN handles the above cases for fast results and improvement in hours. Tre en, is a world class herbal supplement, NAFDAC cerified, Endorsed by WHO and very effective.

You can get it for your wife, husband, father, mother and loved ones. Tre en is so rich, Reliable and a Trusted name in health maintenance.

Our contribution to sustainable health project in Nigeria is thus making one out of a thousand Nigerians to access quality health services without tearing their pocket. A cup of Tre en (120 capsules) goes for #7,000 (Seven thousand Naira).
With Just #3000 (Three thousand Naira only) you get a cup of this no side effect supplement. Be part of those benefiting already as you cannot get this any where in the world.
Call to place your order NOW.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by vosquare: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2017
Don't know what made me click on this thread but thank God I've learnt something and will still learn. There is something about me I don't really understand, it's not that I'm depressed or something but I love to know about the depressed, I want to support, I want to be with dem but unfortunately I don't see any one to help. A friend of mine has been faced or seen many people facing some challenges but the advice or the support he gives them is not really ok for me. I'll tell him some things (though I wish I was the one they came to meet) that might help and he'll be like, "viki, I no ft come and die... Every man for himself". And I don't want to walk up to them and help, not to look like someone who doesn't mind his business. Now, or most times I just stay on my own with my music. No worries. smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Anaximander(f): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
I'm a kind of person that don't talk much so making friends is a very hard thing for me to do, so most times I'm always alone even in my class when I realize that if I try to make friends most of them will always make fun of my stature and that will make me feel laid back. To even make my case worst, my dad is going through some health issues and that has made him stop working and I'm left to fend for myself, I'm in my final year in the University and school fees has not been paid. Killing myself has been constant in my head lately
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
Anaximander:
I'm a kind of person that don't talk much so making friends is a very hard thing for me to do, so most times I'm always alone even in my class when I realize that if I try to make friends most of them will always make fun of my stature and that will make me feel laid back. To even make my case worst, my dad is going through some health issues and that has made him stop working and I'm left to fend for myself, I'm in my final year in the University and school fees has not been paid. Killing myself has been constant in my head lately

and you think when you are dead it ends there what would then happen to your dad, try to fine happiness in yourself forget what people think or say it there own headach not your's . There are lot of people out there trying to be you
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Superrmayorr(m): 1:16am On Feb 21, 2017
Hmmm depression, I hardly post on Nairaland even though am like the biggest fan of nairaland since like forever but depression hmmm most people that give advice on depression actually have not experienced any form of depression and they turn everything to sermons and religion quoting a lot of scriptures just to feel good about the advice they are giving someone well I lost my job last year and I actually was depressed I experienced it first hand, I drank myself to stupor, it was 3months to my wedding which later was cancelled, all my hopes and dreams came crashing down, I was struggling to keep the love of y life, I couldn't pay my rent, my phone won't ring for days, all I do was wake up sleep on the floor, watch the clock and then just stare at the ceiling, life would become totally meaningless when u have nothing to do with it, no purpose, No engagement, No activity and everybody you feel you have also have a life and a world of their own then to make matters worse try not having money for like a month as in not even 30naira in your pocket no where to go to and every friend suddenly seems busy and the love of your life suddenly feels like she's sliping away well I have experienced depression, to have an haircut would suddenly seems stupid, to eat would be meaningless, television becomes un-interesting and everybody around u be like characters in a movie, it's only u and your thoughts in your own world that remains then life itself would not even worth living I know how it feels I may still be experiencing it but that's not a criteria for me to give up nah because if I die now life would continue, people would just use me as D.P, facebook and they would say "and I know him ooo",after a week I have erased from their memory and the dead me would now be in hell fire from fire to fire damn!!! Hell no....Suicides is for cowards....it's better u die doing bad self than kill yourself because of depression but please don't do EVIL, Don't give up, I can't just give up, I am still without a job, I have applied, I have done all but a single interview self I haven't gotten, I still can't pay my rent, I still wake up each day with nothing to do than think of what to do, I still woke up this morning with 30naira in my pocket, I still don't understand why all the people doing illegitimate business I know, are building houses and really living the life I have dreamed of, makes me look stupid for not joining them and I definitely don't know if what am writing is stupid but damn me and u can't just give up haba........In my depression and boredom I have started conversation with Okada riders with the aboki shinning shoes and with even the the keke marwa drivers and I discovered something "Everybody needs someone to talk too" no matter how high or low they maybe, we all are in one form of depression or another trying to feel a void...your not the only one in it so why give up....So far there is a God then forget it there must be a Way...Determination is key but God is the master key just don't be a coward and give up........now how can a jobless, tenant know this well.....I just know....ME AND U CAN'T JUST GIVE UP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AceRoyal: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
ladyju:

Hello,
Can we be friends please?
U can contact me via the number on my signature.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AceRoyal: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
eanestca:

Hello,
Can we be friends?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AceRoyal: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
Smallish:

Hello,
Can we be friends please?
my number is on my signature.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by eanestca(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
AceRoyal:

Hello,
Can we be friends?

sure we can
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by annayawchee: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Growing Up wasn't easy, lots of ups and down, i tried to be at the top anywhere i found my self, my mum was one of the source of my inspiration, lost her suddenly, then it began, my life took another turn, i feel into depression, always praying for death as i couldnt kill myself, as time goes on, i kept to myself, no friends, always laughing to cover Up the pains i feel..... Nothing is working out as of recent and now the feeling is back......... I feel like dying, infact i pray for death each and every day.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by udysweet(f): 7:58am On Feb 28, 2017
Having good friends around to cheer one up and encourage you definitely helps and goes a long way to bring one out of that depressive state. If you have a partner too who supports you is best, sadly those who are single and have no one to genuinely call their own, who would truly care for and about you, becomes more depressed cry
Of late , try as much as I can, sometimes I'm human and feel like I am alone in this whole wide world. I do have a close knit of friends I share my worries with but what happens when I go back home, back to loneliness?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.