Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Debunking The Trinity Logic - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking The Trinity Logic (22510 Views)

The Trinity And Identity Of God / Who Invented The Trinity? / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
dolphinheart:
you don't have to be present to be with them!, Jesus can see you, protect you, guide you from where he is, at the right hand of God in heaven.!
when Stephen was about to be killed, where did he say he saw Jesus, everywhere? no!

Did the Bible say "and lo I will see you, protect you and guide you from where I am"? Are you saying that Jesus is not with His disciples, as He said with His own mouth?

You continue to twist the Scripture. Here is another proof of Jesus' omnipresence: "Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." Jn. 14:23.

Here Jesus clearly states that He will COME unto any one who loves Him. How can Jesus GO to all the people who love Him and make abode with all of them if He is not omnipresent?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dolphinheart,

You said Jesus is not omnipresent. You also said Jesus is not literally standing at the door of any man's heart. This means that Jesus cannot enter any man's heart, since He's not at the door. And even if He enters, He cannot be in everybody's life at the same time because, according to you, He is not omnipresent. Therefore, nobody has Jesus in His life.

Does the Bible say so?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
CANTICLES:

Yes, Christ himself ! He was made directly by his Father ( Rev 3:14)
hahahaha please read this
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Now according to you John is wrong, All things were not made through Christ?

Do you realise what you are saying?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=48588670]
pls tell, is the spirit of God the holy spirit.
Wow so tell me, the spirit of God is not the holy spirit.so God has two spirit abi! Prove it with scripture
this is a simple question I asked you, pls answer, you are drawing an opinion from my question, asking me to prove what I did not say!.
you were the one saying that the holy spirit is not God

so you don't know where it is and yet you call yourself bible student.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: [/b]and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
@ bold did you see it?
Now who is that Lord, jesus, the holy spirit or Jehovah?
Hahaha confused you are just denying fact, you know
The verse from another translation says :

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But The Spirit is THE LORD JEHOVAH, and wherever The Spirit of THE LORD JEHOVAH is, there is freedom.
so finally you have agreed that the holy spirit is Jehovah.
Lol! If Jehovah is the holy spirit, tell me, is The holy spirit a non living thing?
Concerning this verse, the Lord here is referring to Jesus
2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail [/b]shall be taken away.
3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Lol Whose image are Christians to be?
1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, [b]we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
@ bold dolphinheart you have just made my day
are there other verses to surpport this?

Yes
Isa 61:1 The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,
* hope you know who that verse was talking about

[b]Ro 8:15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!”[/color
]

I m free to respond the to whatever, especially as you always dodge my points because it exposes you.
you always use this as an excuse, but when I ask you to bring out the point so that we can see if you did direct the point to me and I did not respond, you will not do so!
The three post I talked about the last time are still pending, waiting for your reply.

I never said you do not have a right or freedom to respond to a post not directed to you, but if you do that, one should try to respond to the things in that post. I said: "you respond to a post directed at someone else, yet you could not talk about the scriptures quoted their!"

Here is the part with the scriptures you refused to respond tosadif you want to respond, you still can)

"Did Jesus resurrect himself ? no !
Ac 2:24 [color=red]But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.
Ac 3:15whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.
Ro 4:24but also for our sake, to whom it will be counted, because we believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.
1Co 6:14 But God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up out of death through his power.
Col 2:12For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.
Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant,

so sir, Jesus did not raise himself up, neither did God raise himself up!"
I have dealt with all these before. Pls don't derail the thread
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time[b] the Spirit of Christ [/b]which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
@ bold the spirit of Christ inspired the writers of the scripture.
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by [b]the Holy Ghost. @ bold again the holy ghost inspired the writers of scripture
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God
dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
@ coloured do you see how Paul uses the spirit of God and the spirit of Christ interchangeably
Now tell dolphinheart how many spirit has a christian?
8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you , he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
@bold
Dolphinheart who is the spirit of him here?
@ coloured this spirit indwell believers right?
8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son [/b]into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wonderful! Dolphinheart the spirit of the son in believers
Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Spirit of the father in believers?
DOLPHINHEART AND OTHER JWS ANSWER THIS QUESTION HOW MANY SPIRIT DWELL IN CHRISTIANS
I will explain to you, even though I know you will not understand.
1Pe 1:2 states : [b]according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, with sanctification by the spirit, for the purpose of being obedient and sprinkled with the blood of Jesus Christ: May undeserved kindness and peace be increased to you.

the question is , what is that spirit? it is the holy spirit. who has and can give that spirit? Jehovah, the God of jesus
2Th 2:13However, we are obligated always to thank God for you, brothers loved by Jehovah, because from the beginning God selected you for salvation by sanctifying you with his spirit and by your faith in the truth.(read also Joh 6:44, Ro 8:30, john 17:17, 1Co 6:11, 1Th 4:7)

Peter continued in verse 3: Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
versee 5 says : who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time.
hope you understand that the God Peter was talking about is the God of jesus Christ.
In verse 10, Peter now says : Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesiedabout the undeserved kindness meant for you made a diligent inquiry and a careful search.
do you now understand who gave that salvation, do you now know who has the power behind that salvation, Jehovah, the God of jesus Christ.
Note what verse 10 says, the prophet who prophesied...made a diligent and carefull search, this automatically tells you that Peter is referring to this prophets in verse 11.
Now , what prophecies did this prophet make concerning jesus?, I've posted some of them here on these thread(the ones made by isaiah). You can also look at the prophecies of Daniel concerning time and season in Da 9:24-27, Isa 53:5 also prophesied about jesus suffering.
verse 11 also talked about a spirit in those prophets, now the question is : what spirit is in those prophets?
The scriptures gives us answers:
[b]Ps 143:10Teach me to do your will, For you are my God. Your spirit is good; May it lead me on level ground.
2Sa 23:2 The spirit of Jehovah spoke through me; His word was on my tongue.
Zec 7:12They made their heart like a diamond and would not obey the law and the words that Jehovah of armies sent by his spirit through the former prophets. So there came great indignation from Jehovah of armies.”
Ac 28:25So because they disagreed with one another, they began to leave, and Paul made this one comment: “The holy spirit aptly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to your forefathers,
you can also read luke 1:57, Lu 2:25-35, acts1:16, Gen 41:16,25-39
you are trying to derail the thread you are gradually been exposed pls keep to the topic!
From your research, it can be concluded that the holy Spirit is Jehovah Almighty

Peter himself said in 2Pe 1:20, 21For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation.21For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.[/b]

With all the verses above, we can conclude that the spirit in the prophet is God's holy spirit!
verse 11 says(brackets are mine) : 1Pe 1:11[b]They( the prophets)kept on investigating(read Matthew 13:17) what particular time or what season the spirit within them(the holy spirit) was indicating concerning Christ as it testified beforehand about the sufferings meant for Christ and about the glory that would follow[/b].
@ bold look at the real verse
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
@ bold you deliberately cut of that part, I can see you re really honest

How many spirit has a christian?
only the holy spirit is being giving by God to Christians. This same spirit was given to jesus Christ which he passed on to his disciples.
Joh 14:26But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.
Lu 3:22 and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”
Lu 4:1 Then Jesus, full of holy spirit, turned away from the Jordan, and he was led about by the spirit in the wilderness
Joh 20:22After saying this he blew on them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit.

note again, the holy spirit comes from the father,Jehovah, the God of jesus to Christians through jesus Christ. Jesus too was given that spirit when he was on earth, jesus is not the holy spirit.

The spirit of him that raised up Christ from the death is the holy spirit, the father used the holy spirit to raise up Christ from the dead.
Ac 2:24But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.[/color]
And as explained above, it's the holy spirit that dwells in Christians.

[b]Ga 4:6Now because you are sons, God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts, and it cries out: “Abba, Father!”

does this verse indicate that Christians hAve or where given multiple spirits by God?, No!
We understand this verse when we look at how the holy spirit came to dwell with Christians.
Joh 14:26But the helper, the holy spirit, the Father will send in my name,[/color] that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.
who sent the holy spirit ? The father, the god of jesus Christ.
In whose name did the father send the holy spirit? in the name of jesus!
unless you want to claim that God sent multiple spirits into our hearts, then the above is true!

Read this verses

Ro 5:5and the hope does not lead to disappointment; because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy spirit, which was given to us.
Ro 8:14 [color=redFor all who are led by God’s spirit are indeed God’s sons.[/color]
Ro 8:15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!”
Ro 8:17If, then, we are children, we are also heirs—heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ—provided we suffer together so that we may also be glorified together.

Christ is an heir of God, Christians are also heirs of God.
Christ is son of God, Christians will also be adopted as sons of God, becoming joint heirs with Christ.
No wonder the scriptures says they are brothers with jesus , but son of God, the almighty God does not have brothers

pls, when you reply this post, pls add your views and understanding of the scriptures you quoted and the scriptures I used in explaining.

Dolphinheart you said the Spirit of the son only means the holy spirit coming in Christ's name
And you said Jehovah is the Spirit. Does it mean that Jehovah is sent in the name of Jesus
But alas you are lying.
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
The spirit of the son means the spirit that belongs to the son.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 12:34am On Aug 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

tell that to your predecessors who removed Gods name from the scriptures.

You believe everything witchpower magazine and your elders tells you

dolphinheart:

thought kurios was Greek word for Lord, now it's God again? continue!

The Greek for "Lord" in that verse is "kurios" and it means God
you keep on showing that you have no comprehension at all

dolphinheart:

how did you know that the father and son are called kurios?

duh, look up the Greek for both instances of Lord in that verse
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD (kurios) said to my Lord (kurios), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

dolphinheart:

how did you differenciate who is who?

duh again, can you believe this, will he ever graduate from kindergarten

dolphinheart:

almighty God is supreme in authority!

Yes and Mark shows that the Word is to ("kurios" for both)

As for the rest of your confusion, you can have it

You have no comprehension of much of what is said
and you have no understanding of the Bible, not even that one plain verse

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 12:37am On Aug 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

you refuse to answer the question

I don't answer much of your confusion
but you love to lie

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God made all things through the Word-Jesus Christ, God didn't make anything without Him-Jesus
that rules out God making the Word

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by oaroloye(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2016
SHALOM!

TRINITY was not a Teaching of YAHSHUA, nor his Disciples: if it were, the Jews would have executed the whole Early Church.

. MARK 8:27-30.

27. And Jesus went out, and his Disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way, he asked his Disciples, saying unto them,
"Whom do men say that I am?"
28. And they answered,
"John the Baptist: but some (say) Elias; and other, one of thee Prophets."
29. And he saith unto them,
"But whom say ye that I am?"
And Peter answereth and saith unto him,
"Thou art The Christ."
30. And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

YAHSHUA FORBADE PREACHING ABOUT HIMSELF.

Those who have to tell you "JESUS IS GOD," are not his Disciples.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by CANTICLES: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
solite3:
hahahaha please read this
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Now according to you John is wrong, All things were not made through Christ?

Do you realise what you are saying?

I now realize where the problem is . both you and DoctorAlien takes "All things " in that verse to mean Everything in the universe , whereas the context doesnt support that notion .

For example, when the Apostle Paul said ALL things have been subjected to Jesus Christ ! Taking it at face value , it means ALL things have been subjected to him , ALL including the Father .

But logical reasoning and the context of discussion demand that , the one who subject all things to him should be excluded despite the use of ALL things . that Greek word doesn't designate absolute

that context of John chapter 1 is reffering to the world of mankind into which the word comes . NOT the entire universe!

" He was in THE WORLD , and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him " John 1:10

The context is reffering to all things that came into existence in the world of mankind into which the Word comes .

The fact still remains that the word himself is the beginning of the creation by God ( Rev 3:14) , the one BORN first of all creation ! ( Col 1:15, Prov 8:22-24)
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2016
I told you before
DoctorAlien:

Did the Bible say "and lo I will see you, protect you and guide you from where I am"? Are you saying that Jesus is not with His disciples, as He said with His own mouth?

You continue to twist the Scripture. Here is another proof of Jesus' omnipresence: "Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." Jn. 14:23.

Here Jesus clearly states that He will COME unto any one who loves Him. How can Jesus GO to all the people who love Him and make abode with all of them if He is not omnipresent?
PlS sir, I'm on my knees begging you, do not cut part of my post off when quoting me, expecially the part that explanations is giving on what I said, if you cannot respond to those explanations, just leave it the way they are. If you continue to resort in cutting my explanations off, I'll respond by just posting the full text of my post back to you

this is my full post:
"no , Jesus is not omnipresent!, he is not present everywhere at the same time. and example is what happened to Stephen, he told us where Jesus is, despite Jesus seeing what is happening to Stephen.
If Jesus was everywhere, he want be going anywhere or coming from anywhere!"

you don't have to be present to be with them!, Jesus can see you, protect you, guide you from where he is, at the right hand of God in heaven.!
when Stephen was about to be killed, where did he say he saw Jesus, everywhere? no!

funny, so you think Jesus is literarily standing at the door of everyone's heart?
Your statement "stand at the door of every man's heart " should have helped you understand what Jesus said, unless you want to say your heart is equiped with a physical door Jesus can use to enter!
have you physically had a meal with Jesus!
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Dolphinheart,

You said Jesus is not omnipresent. You also said Jesus is not literally standing at the door of any man's heart. This means that Jesus cannot enter any man's heart, since He's not at the door. And even if He enters, He cannot be in everybody's life at the same time because, according to you, He is not omnipresent. Therefore, nobody has Jesus in His life.

Does the Bible say so?
the bible did not say what you are trying to say, PlS tell, is Jesus literally at a literal door in your heart?
there are people who are always in my life, whose laws, advise, guidance , love , always guide, control and affect my actions everyday. They do not literarily need to be be with me every moment. opening your heart to let someone enter does not mean you literarily have to so such!

PlS explain this scripture:
Da 7:13“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One.

if the son of man is everywhere , he would not need to gain access
if the the son of man is everywhere he will not be coming and going
if the son of man is everywhere, he will not need a door to be opened to enter our heart.

Joh 14:2In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you.

if jesus was everywhere, he will not be going somewhere he already is to prepare a place!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=48605042][/quote]

PlS modify your post so I can respond, why are you are attaching your words to mine?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
johnw74:

You believe everything witchpower magazine and your elders tells you
Jesus said, it is written, are you implying that Jesus quoted wrongly what is written?
If Jesus quoted from what is written, can you provide us with the real text of what is written and where it is written?
I provided you with where it is written, yet you will not accept it.
Secondly why did you not answer :
1. Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
is the above translation correct or wrong?

The Greek for "Lord" in that verse is "kurios" and it means God
you keep on showing that you have no comprehension at all
Strong's Concordance
kurios: lord, master
Original Word: κύριος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kurios
Phonetic Spelling: (koo'-ree-os)
Short Definition: lord, Lord, master, sir
Definition: lord, master, sir; the Lord.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from kuros (authority)
Definition
lord, master
NASB Translation
lord (10), Lord (626), Lord of lords (2), Lord's (12), lords (1), master (38), master's (3), masters (cool, masters' (1), owner (6), owners (1), sir (11), sirs (1).

IS GOD INCLUDED IN THOSE DEFINITIONS ? no
Pls tell us where and how you got your own "God" meaning?

duh, look up the Greek for both instances of Lord in that verse
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD (kurios) said to my Lord (kurios), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Prove me wrong, the two words translated to "lord" in the that verse is not "kurios", found only one "kurios" in that greek text!
question: how did you know that the father and son are called kurios?

duh again, can you believe this, will he ever graduate from kindergarten
you that is the graduate, Pls tell:
how did you differenciate who is who? so as to fully capitalize one and not fully capitalize again when it occurred a second time.

Yes and Mark shows that the Word is to ("kurios" for both)

As for the rest of your confusion, you can have it

You have no comprehension of much of what is said
and you have no understanding of the Bible, not even that one plain verse
see excuse!
when translating the word "kurios", you capitalized one fully, but do not capitalize the same word fully when it appeared again!
how did you know one kurios is for the father, hence full capitalization when transLating.
kjv:- Mr 12:36For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
please show where David made the above statement, it's in the scriptures!
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
johnw74:

I don't answer much of your confusion but you love to lie
you still refuse to answer the question
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=CANTICLES post=48616815]

I now realize where the problem is . both you and DoctorAlien takes "All things " in that verse to mean Everything in the universe , whereas the context doesnt support that notion .
*laughs* I hope you realize what you are saying.
Let us look at what "All things" meant.
According to you CANTICLES ' all things ' does not mean the universe. abi? But see what the bible says

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Now canticles can you see that he created not just all earthly things but also all heavenly things?
Not some things
Again, let's go back to John

John said it nothing was created without Christ but canticles said something was created without Christ.
In this verse John made it clear what he meant by all things, so that people wouldn't twist it.

@ bold this has already made us understand that God did not create anything at all without him.
According to canticles God didn't made all things through Christ but see below

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

For example, when the Apostle Paul said ALL things have been subjected to Jesus Christ ! Taking it at face value , it means ALL things have been subjected to him , ALL including the Father .

But logical reasoning and the context of discussion demand that , the one who subject all things to him should be excluded despite the use of ALL things . that Greek word doesn't designate absolute
bringing an unrelated subject? Paul made it clear that all things was subject unto Christ apart from the father because the father that made all things subject to him. Which means that he makes things subject is not included in the subjects himself, which is reasonable.
Now canticles,
He that creates all things, is he among things created?

that context of John chapter 1 is reffering to the world of mankind into which the word comes . NOT the entire universe!

" He was in THE WORLD , and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him " John 1:10

The context is reffering to all things that came into existence in the world of mankind into which the Word comes
@ bold you lies are ever shining,
Read carefully,

The fact still remains that the word himself is the beginning of the creation by of God ( Rev 3:14) , the one BORN first of all creation ! ( Col 1:15, Prov 8:22-24)
@ bold,
The beginning of God's creation means the origin or source of God's creation
Some translation uses source or origin others uses ruler or controler, the original Greek word denote between headship or origin
Check,
This is in total harmony to John 1: 3 col 1:16
As for first born,
See psalm 89
Psalms 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

From this verse you can see that David was neither the first king in is real nor was he the first king that ever existed
But he was designated the firstborn king of all the kings of the.
Another example that firstborn in the bible does not necessarily mean the first to be born in is ephraim.
Although menasseh was the firstborn son of Joseph yet God referred to Ephraim as his firstborn

Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

But menasseh was the firstborn,
Genesis 48:14 And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.
Also Israel was declared as the firstborn of God although Israel was not the first country to exist.
Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
The word firstborn means the most exalted
Psalms 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
And it also denotes speciality.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

PlS modify your post so I can respond, why are you are attaching your words to mine?
dolphinheart. Your post is too long.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Peacefullove: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
??
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by CANTICLES: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=48628668][/quote]

Brother, Please learn to adjust your posts right to make focusing on our discussion easier .

I read all you wrote , and I therefore identify three key points on which u based ur reply

° John 1:3 , Rev 3:14 , Colosian 1:16

- John 1:3 , the text literally reads " all came through him " and regarding this all not even one was made without him.
not all things ( things was inserted by the translators ) which is why u are giving it another meaning different from the context.

Then writer explains the ALL that came through him , without which nothing was made without him in verse 10

" the World came through him " , the All that came through him without which nothing was made without him is the world of mankind .

This is different from the language in Colossians 1:16 which says All came through him , the writer here explains the All that came through him to include , heaven , earth , govt , authority , thrones , he stated what he meant by All

But at John 1:3 , the world of mankind was been referenced.

- Rev 3:14 , brother to claim Jesus is the source of Gods creation is a contradiction to the scripture , the scripture identified The Father as the source , " the Father, from whom all things came ". From indicate the source , which is the Father Jehovah . this therefore cancelled out the source / origin suggestion

Again, look at how John use the Greek word arche in his writings , its clear he used it to mean beginning , e.g john 1:1, kindly substitute source or origin and see if it makes sense .

Therefore beginning is the right meaning of arche in Rev 3:14 , that make Jesus the first work of creation by God , the beginning of his creations !

- Col 1:15 , u cite David , Manasseh , Ephraim , and isreal to illustrate how firstborn is used , but one thing is common to all , they are all part of the group to which they are associated .

David for example u said doesn't mean he is the first king , yet God called him my firstborn , the phrase " my firstborn " shows that God choose David .. But yet is David not a King too ? He is still part of the group he was associated with

Manasseh is THE firstborn , by birth .. True meaning of firstborn here , but in the case of Ephraim he was just chosen thus " MY firstborn ", but one thing is common to both .... They are both sons of Joseph! Firstborn doesn't exclude them from the group

You also mention Israel been called firstborn and you said this doesn't mean Isreal is the first country, this doesn't exclude isreal from being a country, does it ? Does it ?

why then is the firstborn of all creation not part of the group it was associated with, Creation ?

again, When the scripture said Jesus is the firstborn from the dead , does that exclude Jesus from been " dead " once ? Does it ? Is he not part that group he was associated with before his ressurection ?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=CANTICLES post=48632706]

Brother, Please learn to adjust your posts right to make focusing on our discussion easier .
my posts are always focused and clear!

I read all you wrote , and I therefore identify three key points on which u based ur reply

° John 1:3 , Rev 3:14 , Colosian 1:16

- John 1:3 , the text literally reads " all came through him " and regarding this all not even one was made without him.
not all things ( things was inserted by the translators ) which is why u are giving it another meaning different from the context.
your twisting of the bible is so obvious
@ bold is this canticles translation? Look at what nwt translation reads
In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god.*+ 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him,+ and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.
@ bold is your translation wrong?
Your allegations are unproven and false!
There is no translation that support you!
No manuscript on earth support you!
Canticles! It is a shame you have reduced to the level of outright denial of Jehovah's word!

Then writer explains the ALL that came through him , without which nothing was made without him in verse 10
the writer never said "all that came through him" rather "all things came through him"stop twisting God' s word. You are a liar.
Look at it again
John never categorised. He said All things were made through Christ not somethings like you are insinuating ( it is false). It is obvious that the one made things is God but he did so through the Christ and to hinge it back and front John went further to say that there was nothing ( God) made without Christ but you said John was wrong

b] " the World came through him " [/b] , the All that came through him without which nothing was made without him is the world of mankind .
it's a shame!

This is different from the language in Colossians 1:16 which says All came through him , the writer here explains the All that came through him to include , heaven , earth , govt , authority , thrones , he stated what he meant by All
it is a big shame you are coming online to disgrace yourself, how can you be fumbling like this
Well the bible is clear about you

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
But at John 1:3 , the world of mankind was been referenced.

- Rev 3:14 , brother to claim Jesus is the source of Gods creation is a contradiction to the scripture , the scripture identified The Father as the source , " the Father, from whom all things came ". From indicate the source , which is the Father Jehovah . this therefore cancelled out the source / origin suggestion

Again, look at how John use the Greek word arche in his writings , its clear he used it to mean beginning , e.g john 1:1, kindly substitute source or origin and see if it makes sense .

Therefore beginning is the right meaning of arche in Rev 3:14 , that make Jesus the first work of creation by God , the beginning of his creations !

- Col 1:15 , u cite David , Manasseh , Ephraim , and isreal to illustrate how firstborn is used , but one thing is common to all , they are all part of the group to which they are associated .

David for example u said doesn't mean he is the first king , yet God called him my firstborn , the phrase " my firstborn " shows that God choose David .. But yet is David not a King too ? He is still part of the group he was associated with

Manasseh is THE firstborn , by birth .. True meaning of firstborn here , but in the case of Ephraim he was just chosen thus " MY firstborn ", but one thing is common to both .... They are both sons of Joseph! Firstborn doesn't exclude them from the group

You also mention Israel been called firstborn and you said this doesn't mean Isreal is the first country, this doesn't exclude isreal from being a country, does it ? Does it ?

why then is the firstborn of all creation not part of the group it was associated with, Creation ?

again, When the scripture said Jesus is the firstborn from the dead , does that exclude Jesus from been " dead " once ? Does it ? Is he not part that group he was associated with before his ressurection ?
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 12:20am On Aug 20, 2016
"Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. " 2 Pet. 3:15-16.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thy heart that GOD hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Rom. 10:9

"Who is a liar but he denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." 1 Jn. 2:22

"But there were false prophets among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. " 2 Pet. 2:1.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 12:47am On Aug 20, 2016
"As for you, Bethlehem of Ephrathah, even though you remain least among the clans of Judah, nevertheless, the one who rules in Israel for me will emerge from you. His existence has been from antiquity, even from eternity. " Micah 5:2

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was GOD " Jn. 1:1

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2016
Let us see what the Scripture says about Jesus Christ:

"For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." Heb. 7:1-3

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty GOD, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace " Isa. 9:6.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2016
Dolphinheart, you said Jesus Christ is not omnipresent. How then is this possible?

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt. 18:20

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:20am On Aug 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

Jesus said, it is written, are you implying that Jesus quoted wrongly what is written?
If Jesus quoted from what is written, can you provide us with the real text of what is written and where it is written?
I provided you with where it is written, yet you will not accept it.
Secondly why did you not answer :
1. Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
is the above translation correct or wrong?

you believer everything witchpower and your elders tell you
you ignore the verse I'm speaking of and the things I say, and do the twist because you have no answers

dolphinheart:

Strong's Concordance
kurios: lord, master
Original Word: κύριος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kurios
Phonetic Spelling: (koo'-ree-os)
Short Definition: lord, Lord, master, sir
Definition: lord, master, sir; the Lord.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from kuros (authority)
Definition
lord, master
NASB Translation
lord (10), Lord (626), Lord of lords (2), Lord's (12), lords (1), master (38), master's (3), masters (cool, masters' (1), owner (6), owners (1), sir (11), sirs (1).

IS GOD INCLUDED IN THOSE DEFINITIONS ? no
Pls tell us where and how you got your own "God" meaning?

so you don't believe Father is "supreme in authority-God"

Mat 22:44 The LORD (kurios) said unto my Lord (kurios), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

as you can see, well not you, but as Christians can see, both Father and Jesus are called "kurios", "supreme in authority-God"

John also says Father and Jesus is "God"
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Many more verses showing that the Word-Jesus Christ is God, would you like me to post them again?

dolphinheart:

Prove me wrong, the two words translated to "lord" in the that verse is not "kurios", found only one "kurios" in that greek text!
question: how did you know that the father and son are called kurios?

duh duh duh, unbelievable, then you are blind

would you like me to post all the verses where "kurios" is referring to Jesus?
He is also referred to as "theos" which also means God
here is a verse where Jesus is called both "kurios" and "theos":
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord (kurios) and my God (theos).

dolphinheart:

you that is the graduate, Pls tell:
how did you differenciate who is who? so as to fully capitalize one and not fully capitalize again when it occurred a second time.

see excuse!
when translating the word "kurios", you capitalized one fully, but do not capitalize the same word fully when it appeared again!
how did you know one kurios is for the father, hence full capitalization when transLating.
kjv:- Mr 12:36For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
please show where David made the above statement, it's in the scriptures!

I do understand how you cannot tell the diffrence between Father and Son in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:28am On Aug 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

you still refuse to answer the question

when you have nothing, you repeat yourself, you do it often, ha

I still today like yesterday don't answer much of your confusion
and of course like yesterday, today you still love to lie

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:36am On Aug 20, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

TRINITY was not a Teaching of YAHSHUA, nor his Disciples: if it were, the Jews would have executed the whole Early Church.

. MARK 8:27-30.

27. And Jesus went out, and his Disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way, he asked his Disciples, saying unto them,
"Whom do men say that I am?"
28. And they answered,
"John the Baptist: but some (say) Elias; and other, one of thee Prophets."
29. And he saith unto them,
"But whom say ye that I am?"
And Peter answereth and saith unto him,
"Thou art The Christ."
30. And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

YAHSHUA FORBADE PREACHING ABOUT HIMSELF.

Those who have to tell you "JESUS IS GOD," are not his Disciples.

Really, just of the top of my head:

John called Jesus God
Thomas called Jesus God
Father called Jesus God

ummmm

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 2:41am On Aug 20, 2016
Verses on Jesus being omnipresent:
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 3:30am On Aug 20, 2016
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Those with eyes to see, see that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ

The Holy Spirit comes from God, God is the Father and the Son:
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and [size=14pt]we[/size] will come unto him, and make [size=14pt]our[/size] abode with him.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by CANTICLES: 3:57am On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=48634204][/quote]

Lol it hurts you , but that's the plain truth ... To read all " things " , the " things "was supplied by the translators not John .
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Jozzy4: 4:12am On Aug 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD didn't tell Moses "I AM" either. GOD didn't speak english to Moses.

What is your point?

See yourself grin , can you now see that you are chewing a baseless point ?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2016
If I say they are clueless...I swear it is not an insult but a fact. . when u ask them dat who is God d fada,God the son and God the holy spirit....they will say they are all one....but they refer Jesus as son of God...and they also say he is God...#clueless....... They say God send his only son to die for their sins which means God cannot for give sins without a sacrifice.... #clueless....if Jesus was God which God is he calling upon when he was been crucified..... #clueless..... They say there so called holy book was written under inspiration from God....why have pastors Neva preached to his members about songs of Solomon.....#clueless....and lastly which of the Christians is having the complete version of the bible? The orthodox, Pentecostal, or Catholics..... #cluelesss.........
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2016
FAWZ:
If I say they are clueless...I swear it is not an insult but a fact. . when u ask them dat who is God d fada,God the son and God the holy spirit....they will say they are all one....but they refer Jesus as son of God...and they also say he is God...#clueless....... They say God send his only son to die for their sins which means God cannot for give sins without a sacrifice.... #clueless....if Jesus was God which God is he calling upon when he was been crucified..... #clueless..... They say there so called holy book was written under inspiration from God....why have pastors Neva preached to his members about songs of Solomon.....#clueless....and lastly which of the Christians is having the complete version of the bible? The orthodox, Pentecostal, or Catholics..... #cluelesss.........

you muslims appear to have some in common with those who call themselves jehovah's witnesses
atheists who hate the truth get on well with them too

that says something, ....clueless could be that something

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / Will He Come During This Advent? / Please Help!!!!i Want To Download Oluwa Mi Yio Dide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.