Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (45461 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Go Down)

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by Alfamann: 9:20pm On May 04, 2016
kolawaxxy:
All thanks to nairaland. I don't know what to believe anymore

Praise be to Satan.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by simplex2: 9:34pm On May 04, 2016
If you read the thread a nairalander did on his experience at PST Chris healing school, you won't be surprised at the drama called miracle.

**here's the thread**

https://www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by BodyKiss(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2016
skeendyke:

You atheists always judge the whole by observing a minute part. Your argument goes thus: If it is raining in Lagos, it must be raining all over Nigeria. Note, I have no comment for this kind of argument.

What tha fvckk are you on about, man? undecided

You're not making sense.

5 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 10:30pm On May 04, 2016
sonofthunder:

you still don't believe its fictional?
Lol
You guys just keep amusing me.
This story is 100% true. Azo I mentioned in part one surprisingly showed up later in the thread we exchanged mails and he gave me his current phone number and we spoke. We would be meeting at ikeja soon.
The brother dan I mention now is a missionary in india. He is a son to Rev ogundare and he studied electrical electronics. Rev ogundare is based in akure and has his house at Futa south gate and he is very popular. Many futarians have sent me PMs and we have spoken. All this happened between 2007 and 2012. 100% verifiable.

7 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2016
sonofthunder:
So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of [c]unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

15Rather, let our lives lovingly [d]express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

16For because of Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part [with power adapted to its need] is working properly [in all its functions], grows to full maturity, building itself up in love.

17So this I say and solemnly testify in [the name of] the Lord [as in His presence], that you must no longer live as the heathen (the Gentiles) do in their perverseness [in the folly, vanity, and emptiness of their souls and the futility] of their minds.

18Their [e]moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self-banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance (the want of knowledge and perception, the willful blindness) that is [f]deep-seated in them, due to their hardness of heart [to the insensitiveness of their moral nature].

19In their spiritual apathy they have become callous and past feeling and reckless and have abandoned themselves [a prey] to unbridled sensuality, eager and greedy to indulge in every form of impurity [that their depraved desires may suggest and demand].

20But you did not so learn Christ!
So the Holy Spirit could not tell you I have been speaking the truth all along so why should I take you serious? You must be dull in the spirit or you don't even have the holy spirit at all. So much for being a christian. You are still operating on human wisdom and guessing your way thru life.

6 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2016
Continuation...
To be honest, my strength in the Lord started waxing cold. Something was seriously wrong, I began to wonder, "what has god really done for me?"
Early in the morning, I would take strolls from oba kekere to Oba nla usually from AM or stroll from Apatapiti to futa Junction and back to Futa south gate, praying in spirit, searching my soul for answers.
I was deeply troubled. My mind was fighting all the indoctrinations I had from childhood.

My parents were never christians and did not go to church when I was young.

I recall around 1995 when I watched a movie about Jesus christ (I don't know the title) and how much he suffered and eventually died for our sins. It was on an easter day.
I remember how me my sister and brother all ended up crying, seriously crying and asking God to forgive us our sins. That was the day I got born again. It was a deeply emotional day. I remember that our parent were not at home.
We cried and cried all lying on the floor.

The movie was a touching one, seeing a man suffer so much and at the end of the movie there was a little sermon. Even though I was young, I understood the movie.

I could not just abandon the faith, I had to fight to keep it alive. So from being a leader in my fellowship, I humbled myself and left the fellowship to join the Life Oasis Church (Dream Center) in Akure. The year was 2011.
Then Pastor Charlse was the man Pastor Olusola areogun sent to establish the church in Akure.

I believed I needed to retrace my step and be a student of the bible to regain my conviction of faith.

I became a student and disciple under Pastor charlse. The church was behind Chicken republic Futa Junction.

I remember being taught fundamental things as if I was never a giant in the works of the spirit, but all that did not matter to me. All I wanted was to fall in love with christ all over again. I wanted to be taught like a child again.

I must confess pastor charlse was a great teacher. I remember how he opened his home to us and how much time he spent with us sharing the word of God with us. Nuturing us. This was despite him being a medical doctor and barely having enough time for himself and family, yet he gave it all for us.

Despite all this, here I am, a none believer. And a proud one.

This was the last effort I made to save my faith, but once you know the truth, telling lies to yourself becomes ridiculously hard. It was not working. The god of the bible remained as fake as fake could be.

https://www.nairaland.com/3085047/part-2-pastor-atheist-why/2#45340786

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 11:41pm On May 04, 2016
simplex2:
If you read the thread a nairalander did on his experience at PST Chris healing school, you won't be surprised at the drama called miracle.

**here's the thread**

https://www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school
All lies, big fat lies. You can't pray for 100 people and not discover the glaring lies. Either you become honest with your self or you resort to deceiving people.

5 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by johnydon22(m): 11:46pm On May 04, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol
This story is 100% true. Azo I mentioned in part one surprisingly showed up later in the thread we exchanged mails and he gave me his current phone number and we spoke. We would be meeting at ikeja soon.
The brother dan I mention now is a missionary in india. He is a son to Rev ogundare and he studied electrical electronics. Rev ogundare is based in akure and has his house at Futa south gate and he is very popular. Many futarians have sent me PMs and we have spoken. All this happened between 2007 and 2012. 100% verifiable.

You owe nobody any explanation, simply ignore such side irrelevant talks and continue your story

2 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 11:53pm On May 04, 2016
johnydon22:

You owe nobody any explanation, simply ignore such side irrelevant talks and continue your story
True that jare
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 11:54pm On May 04, 2016
johnydon22:

Do you enjoy south park (animated sitcom)?

1 Like

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by swaggzo(m): 6:01am On May 05, 2016
SOON IT'LL BECOME BULKY, FILLED WITH BASELESS ARGUMENTS JUST LIKE THE FIRST ONE! undecided
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by swaggzo(m): 6:34am On May 05, 2016
skeendyke:
Note, I have no comment for this kind of argument.

BROS WERE YOU SLEEPING WHEN YOU TYPED THIS?
HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU HAVE NO COMMENT, WHAT DO WE CALL THIS. ... METCOMM? cheesy

skeendyke:

By chosen, do you mean determined by God randomly among a population so that no matter what the chosen do they are bound for heaven?

If that is what you mean then why did Apostle Paul say that he had to discipline his body and force it to obey him so that he wouldn't end up in hell after having preached to many people? Why did the Apostle Peter say that we should make our calling and election sure?

God has given you everything you need to overcome the devil and live a righteous life on earth that will grant you access to His eternal kingdom when you leave earth. It is up to you to make use of what He has made available or whine about the life He gave you. Your choice.

CONFUSED CHRISTIAN PIECE OF SHIIT.

LET ME TELL YOU A SECRET BRO, YOU'LL BE CONFUSED FOR LIFE UNLESS YOU DROP THE SUPERSTITIOUS LIFE AND EMBRACE WISDOM, TRUTH, AND LOGIC IN THEIR PUREST FORMS!
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by alhaji04: 7:04am On May 05, 2016
Alfamann:

Praise be to Satan.

AVE SATANAS.
Father is the answer.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by wirinet(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:
Continuation...
To be honest, my strength in the Lord started waxing cold. Something was seriously wrong, I began to wonder, "what has god really done for me?"
Early in the morning, I would take strolls from oba kekere to Oba nla usually from AM or stroll from Apatapiti to futa Junction and back to Futa south gate, praying in spirit, searching my soul for answers.
I was deeply troubled. My mind was fighting all the indoctrinations I had from childhood.

My parents were never christians and did not go to church when I was young.

I recall around 1995 when I watched a movie about Jesus christ (I don't know the title) and how much he suffered and eventually died for our sins. It was on an easter day.
I remember how me my sister and brother all ended up crying, seriously crying and asking God to forgive us our sins. That was the day I got born again. It was a deeply emotional day. I remember that our parent were not at home.
We cried and cried all lying on the floor.

The movie was a touching one, seeing a man suffer so much and at the end of the movie there was a little sermon. Even though I was young, I understood the movie.

I could not just abandon the faith, I had to fight to keep it alive. So from being a leader in my fellowship, I humbled myself and left the fellowship to join the Life Oasis Church (Dream Center) in Akure. The year was 2011.
Then Pastor Charlse was the man Pastor Olusola areogun sent to establish the church in Akure.

I believed I needed to retrace my step and be a student of the bible to regain my conviction of faith.

I became a student and disciple under Pastor charlse. The church was behind Chicken republic Futa Junction.

I remember being taught fundamental things as if I was never a giant in the works of the spirit, but all that did not matter to me. All I wanted was to fall in love with christ all over again. I wanted to be taught like a child again.

I must confess pastor charlse was a great teacher. I remember how he opened his home to us and how much time he spent with us sharing the word of God with us. Nuturing us. This was despite him being a medical doctor and barely having enough time for himself and family, yet he gave it all for us.

Despite all this, here I am, a none believer. And a proud one.

This was the last effort I made to save my faith, but once you know the truth, telling lies to yourself becomes ridiculously hard. It was not working. The god of the bible remained as fake as fake could be.

The bolded statement to me is the greatest miracle of Christianity, able to make people feel a deep sense of guilt for something you have no idea of, by people you do not know and living in an era you don't know. How the guilt for the crucifixion of a Jewish man in Palestine some 2000 years ago is put on black Africans living deep in the jungle of Africa in the 20th century is the greatest miracle of time.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by JustStardust: 8:35am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

The longer i remain atheistic the more amazed i am at myself that i once really believed all that myths, fables and superstitions

Same here. Sometimes i do facepalm for myself undecided HOW COULD I?
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by johnydon22(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2016
JustStardust:

Same here. Sometimes i do facepalm for myself undecided HOW COULD I?

Hahahahaha more reasons why we should not use condescending attitudes or insulting words when dealing such people cus at some point in our lives we were like that if not more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by urahara(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha more reasons why we should not use condescending attitudes or insulting words when dealing such people cus at some point in our lives we were like that if not more

COMING SOON. ................

FREED FROM THE SHACKLES OF RELIGION.. BY JOHNNY DON 22

...... HOW I MET MY FREECOCOA. .... BY JOHNNY DON 22

A MUST READ FOR ALL NAIRALANDERS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2016
urahara:

COMING SOON. ................

FREED FROM THE SHACKLES OF RELIGION.. BY JOHNNY DON 22

...... HOW I MET MY FREECOCOA. .... BY JOHNNY DON 22

A MUST READ FOR ALL NAIRALANDERS

Hahahahaha mumu. . . i won't write any such stories though, this belongs to you lot who can put up with that grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by urahara(m): 9:25am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha mumu. . . i wo ;n't any such stories though, this belongs to you lot who can put up with that grin

grin grin grin wwll if u dont want to write the story. I ll write it myself.

Sneak peek......

HOW I MET MY FREECOCOA

A long time ago, there lived a young man called john chukwuemeka who hailed from enugu , he lived in a far far away distant land now called enugu. He was a humble man, . one day , he was sleeping , and and in his dream all of a sudden an angel commanded him to go to the land which is now know as bornu state. He was ordered to go there , for that was where he would find his love , his boo boo. A woman named free cocoa who was a virgin born of a virgin. He was told he would face so many obstacles in finding this woman of his dreams.

.......... 2 be continued. .........

2 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by frank317: 9:34am On May 05, 2016
wirinet:

The bolded statement to me is the greatest miracle of Christianity, able to make people feel a deep sense of guilt for something you have no idea of, by people you do not know and living in an era you don't know. How the quilt for the crucifixion of a Jewish man in Palestine some 2000 years ago is put on black Africans living deep in the jungle of Africa in the 20th century is the greatest miracle of time.

Seriously... It is sure a Miracle.

It tells you how vulnerable the human mind can be. The same people who so believe that a Jewish man was God and he actually died for them more than 2000 years ago will also wonder how someone could be convinced to strap a bomb around his body and kill people on the promise of 72 virgins.

I mean billions die every year, yet they think the death of one Jewish man 2000yrs ago is more important. Yahweh killed millions with a flood for their sins and only then did he remember her could kill himself to save mankind. What's stopped him from sacrificing himself for mankind just as Adam and Eve fell. Oh he was so angry that he stopped thinking and only chilled after 2000years.

I just no fit shout.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by otem4eartum: 11:00am On May 05, 2016
Don't know why something keeps telling me that Hardmirror is using Karmish method on the people here. Well I can't say because I am not perfect in knowledge.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by Jesusloveyou: 11:29am On May 05, 2016
wirinet:

The bolded statement to me is the greatest miracle of Christianity, able to make people feel a deep sense of guilt for something you have no idea of, by people you do not know and living in an era you don't know. How the guilt for the crucifixion of a Jewish man in Palestine some 2000 years ago is put on black Africans living deep in the jungle of Africa in the 20th century is the greatest miracle of time.
the same jewish man's name is working wonders amo
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=45322089&topic=3086658
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by sonofthunder: 11:55am On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol
I am not insinuating that you don't exist or was never a pastor... I haven't yet finished your story but a couple things do not even add up the slightest.
but continue before you catch witch for my head.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by sonofthunder: 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:

So the Holy Spirit could not tell you I have been speaking the truth all along so why should I take you serious? You must be dull in the spirit or you don't even have the holy spirit at all. So much for being a christian. You are still operating on human wisdom and guessing your way thru life.
egbon! where did I mention the Holy Spirit.?
you sit behind a screen guessing about how I make decisions? so being an atheist/reprobate has evolved you to all knowing?
is it small bible verses that has had you firing insults at me?
at least, that would mean you still have a conscience... just don't wanna use it yet.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by johnydon22(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2016
urahara:

grin grin grin wwll if u dont want to write the story. I ll write it myself.

Sneak peek......

HOW I MET MY FREECOCOA

A long time ago, there lived a young man called john chukwuemeka who hailed from enugu , he lived in a far far away distant land now called enugu. He was a humble man, . one day , he was sleeping , and and in his dream all of a sudden an angel commanded him to go to the land which is now know as bornu state. He was ordered to go there , for that was where he would find his love , his boo boo. A woman named free cocoa who was a virgin born of a virgin. He was told he would face so many obstacles in finding this woman of his dreams.

.......... 2 be continued. .........

Chai Ayaff died sef grin you have finished me..

Bornu shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by urahara(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Chai Ayaff died sef grin you have finished me..

Bornu shocked

Looolz . shey bornu no be place again grin grin
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by frank317: 3:18pm On May 05, 2016
sonofthunder:

egbon! where did I mention the Holy Spirit.?
you sit behind a screen guessing about how I make decisions? so being an atheist/reprobate has evolved you to all knowing?
is it small bible verses that has had you firing insults at me?
at least, that would mean you still have a conscience... just don't wanna use it yet.

Insult ke? What insult did he fire at you. Pls quote cos I seem not to be reading right.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by klarrychenko94: 3:21pm On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:
Continuation...

The Moment of truth!

We were really excited.
It got to their turn and the man of God laid hads on them prayed for them and they left the line to return to their sit. Excitedly I and Bro. Daniel (not real name) quickly drew them aside. Took them to a corner were no one would hear what we were discussing.

The boy was very excited to see us as he made attempts to make works like a baby still learning to speak. We also responded to his excitement smiling and emotional. "Oh what a wonderful God!" "Thank you Jesus for bringing us down here and changing this boys life!"
I could almost cry at that moment.

Then my attention shifted to the parent. The dad really had a confused look on his face, the mum was smiling and excited, she could see that her boy had made new friends. University guys that are men of God are her little boy's friend. She was excited and eager to hear what we had to say.
We greeted them and the replied warmly. Now straight to business.

"Was your boy dumb?" I asked
The dad's countenance dropped and he replied, "yes, he is dumb. That was how he was born."

Oh so indeed he was dumb. Hmmmm... So this miracle is real.

"So have you noticed any change in him today?"

The man looked at his boy, looked at his wife then looked at me. Then looked back at his wife as if searching for a clue for the right answer.

"We prayed for him and he can speak now" my partner bro. Dan said.

"Ehen?... Oya Bayo soro." The dad squirted so he could be at the same level with his boy.
We all joined him to encourage the boy to speak so his parents could hear.

He started speaking, "beh, beh beh, boo boo, beh beh."

I looked at the dad. The dad responded that that was all the boy could say since he was a baby and now he is about 12 years old and has not said any new word.

But this were the exact words this boy was saying to us and we assumed God had loosened his tongue and the only problem was since he had never spoken before, he was trying to learn how to repeat the words "baba" which we asked him to repeat after us.

This boy was as dumb as dumbo. We concluded and still insisted that God had healed him and they should just keep repeating words to him and he would eventually catch up.

For 5 days we spent in that village, the boy never spoke a new word. Even babies don't take that long to learn new words once they gain control of their tongues.

We left the village with our stupidity still praising God for that sham miracle.

It's now that I can be honest with myself and confess that God did nothing for that boy. We were so delusional that we kept giving excuses in God's advantage at every turn.

Remember samson Ayorinde's crusade? I flash back and I recall that all his miracles were also shams. Those dumb people were all dumb and remain dumb.

If you stay in osogbo around Capital area, you will know a man called Odi (word for deaf in yoruba).
The guy was at that sham crusade, till date the guy is still dumb and deaf!

Osogbo is not that big. If 50 people got back their eye sites and got back their ability to speak, we would all know.

Can anybody name anyone that genuinely got healed at that crusade or Rev. Reinhard Bonkke's crusade? There is NONE. So where are all the people they claimed they healed?

I know that Odi guy around capital hotel. He had a PS2 game house in the shopping complex there. I used to play games in his shop when i was still in secondary school. Guy is still deaf and dumb. Pity.

2 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 3:37pm On May 05, 2016
klarrychenko94:
I know that Odi guy around capital hotel. He had a PS2 game house in the shopping complex there. I used to play games in his shop when i was still in secondary school. Guy is still deaf and dumb. Pity.
Exactly! You know him. He is a bit bald. Very popular there and respected cos of his independence.
Problem is humans are generally weak and we all want to believe there is an Almighty God watching out for us. But if we really check, we would see that we are the ones always struggling to solve our own problems while giving glory to an imaginary god. As small as osogbo is owver the past 15 years there has been LOTS of crusades with thousands of healings, where are all the so called healed blind men living? Where are all the dumb people speaking? Where are all the lame walking? Where are they living that we don't know them or hear of them after the crusades.

Do you know what it means to be blind and everybody on your street knows you are blind for years and all of a sudden you start seeing for real. Do you think a single muslim will remain on such a street after witnessing God first hand?
Why do you think people are going from church to church looking for answer?
People are looking for answers and they seem to never find it, tho they keep lying to themselves that they have found it.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2016
frank317:

Insult ke? What insult did he fire at you. Pls quote cos I seem not to be reading right.
Abeg leave sonofthunder he is here on a mission. Best ignored.
Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by AccidentalGenius: 3:56pm On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Exactly! You know him. He is a bit bald. Very popular there and respected cos of his independence.
Problem is humans are generally weak and we all want to believe there is an Almighty God watching out for us. But if we really check, we would see that we are the ones always struggling to solve our own problems while giving glory to an imaginary god. As small as osogbo is owver the past 15 years there has been LOTS of crusades with thousands of healings, where are all the so called healed blind men living? Where are all the dumb people speaking? Where are all the lame walking? Where are they living that we don't know them or hear of them after the crusades.

Do you know what it means to be blind and everybody on your street knows you are blind for years and all of a sudden you start seeing for real. Do you think a single muslim will remain on such a street after witnessing God first hand?
Why do you think people are going from church to church looking for answer?
People are looking for answers and they seem to never find it, tho they keep lying to themselves that they have found it.
there's this saying i've always stuck with "with age comes knowledge and reasoning" they're still young. When they grow up they'll see the world for how it truely is. Religion promoting more hate than it does love. Religion that aims to control people. Religion that seperates people. A so called god that lets the helpless suffer yet killing people who won't belive in his arabian son. Don't let me get started on how he was even born. We humans always want to believe in hope, because the truth is it keeps us going in hope for a better tomorrow. The only difference between a religion and a superstition is the degree of social acceptance it receives. With time, those who really want to know the truth will open their eyes and ears. Listen to yourself. That little voice telling you to question everything. Ignore that false fear christianity imbues in you, telling you youll burn in hell for something as simple as having free will. Why would a god kill burn someone in hell for ever just because he wont believe in his arabian son? As a human, even if its someone who killed our relative sure we'd want him to suffer but not for eternity.

3 Likes

Re: PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again by HardMirror(m): 4:20pm On May 05, 2016
CONTINUATION.....
I have discovered that religion can be very much related to the Stockholm Syndrome.
You just have an urge to do things at your own detriment for a religion doing nothing for you.

How can you give time to pray 5 times a day as a muslim even though it has no value it is adding to your life. The only value is an assumed value the quran tells you.

Why do christians pay tithe and offerings and those not paying feeling guilty?

God heals Breast Cancer in my Local Church in Osogbo
The church I attend in Osogbo has it's HeadQuarters in Ibadan and the General Overseer Bishop.xxxx Bleep is very popular there. A man with so many testimonies of miracles, it is even said he had raised the dead before. He always talks about a time he prayed for a dead child and she woke.
Well I believed him with my whole heart. This man thought me how to fast. I a year we could fast for 70days straight. We called periods of fasting "Days of Glory".
This man taught me how to pay tithe. I never defaulted on paying tight even tho things were very tight for me and my family. I was a faithful tither.
I pray so much like he does too. Infact I picked up a lot from him.

As usual on sundays, time is given for testimonies (which of course is very important in the modern day church to keep people's faith in the church)
This particular sunday a woman who lived in the same area with us came out to testify.

This was a woman I knew VERY well, a friend to my mum infact.

She claimed she had breast cancer and when she told the pastor, the pastor became worried and asked for urgent prayers for her. They fasted for 3 days and on the 3rd day, the cancer vanished!

Wow! I was really shocked! This woman could not be lying. She was too old for that. So it most be true.

Some days later this woman secretly flew abroad for surgeries and treatments and kept flying out. While leaving people with the lie that she was healed by prayer even publicly praising the pastor and saying all sorts about God being a god of all possibilities. Smh.

I am sure pastor Joagbaje can relate to this. How we quickly jump into conclusion that someone was healed of a deadly disease and we fail to update the church on the facts that the healing was only assumed and never happened.

So unfortunate.

The terrible thing is even when I knew she still went for surgeries, I still gave glory to God and never felt she lied. I was defending her lie and claiming she was only acting in faith.

It makes me remember an incidence that happened in Ido-Osun about 12 years ago. Where a man was bitten by a poisonous snake and instead of going to an hospital, he went to a church. He died some hours later. I remember how chistians were the ones saying the man was a fool.
Wait! Why is the man a fool, does God not claim that when you run to him in days of trouble he will save you? Does he not say "God is a present help in times of trouble?"
Does God not assure us of picking up serpents and stepping on them and not hurting us?

How come all of a sudden same christians that claim to believe in the bible are the ones saying the man was a fool only because the man chose to believe God.

I started hearing them say, "wisdom is profitable to direct". Oh! So it is foolishness to trust the bible and power of God? So it is wisdom to trust doctors that are humans rather than God? Same God that said you should not put your trust in men?
Why do we keep giving excuses for God when he fails?
Imagine if the man had gotten a miracle at the church won't same christians shout and make noise about how awesome God is? But he failed and then you say the man is a fool. Hell yeah! I agree, anyone that believes god is indeed a fool.

Truth NEVER fails, Truth does not need excuses to be made for it. Is the bible true? Is god of religion true? Which religion is serving the true god.

https://www.nairaland.com/3085047/part-2-pastor-atheist-why/6#45385242

23 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21)

Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / TB Joshua Showed That Ajoke Was Adopted, Not His Biological Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.