Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. (17419 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 11:15pm On May 04, 2016
The Lagos state and Osun Houses of Assembly have advocated renewed commitment to Yoruba Language.

The assemblies in pursuant of this goal called on the government and other stakeholders to ensure compulsory teaching of Yoruba language in both private and public schools in all Yoruba speaking states.

Speakers of the two states, Honourable Mudashir Obasa and Najeem Salaam made the call when the former visited Osogbo to invite the latter to a Stakeholder Forum on compulsory teaching of Yoruba as an indigenous language in all schools in the state.

Representing the Lagos Speaker, the Chairman House Committee on Education, Lanre Ogunyemi said, it is important to enhance the teaching and learning of Yoruba language in schools in Yoruba speaking states.

According to him, the National Policy on Education was apt about the teaching of indigenous languages, saying, Yoruba language was not being valued as it happened in other climes like Europe, China, America among others.

“As a state and as a region, we must ensure that our language did not go into extinction, for this reason we must entrench it in all our schools.

“We have observed that in most of our schools, it is either they do not teach or have teachers to teach Yoruba language”

“The National Policy on Education said a student shall learn language of their environment, which is Yoruba in the South West region, Hausa in the North and Igbo in the East, meaning that it is compulsory that our children must learn their indigenous languages”, he said.

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/05/lagos-osun-assemble-advocate-for-yoruba-language/

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 11:16pm On May 04, 2016
Our leaders are just waking up ba?
Ogun, Ondo, and Ekiti please follow suite.
I doubt Ekiti will do much right now because the state currently has no leader.

42 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by georjay(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2016
Yorubanews:
Our leaders are just waking up ba?
Ogun, Ondo, and Ekiti please follow suite.
I doubt Ekiti will do much right now because the state currently has no leader.

be prepared
wailers are coming

17 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 11:24pm On May 04, 2016
Why do some parents take pride in their children not being able to speak their language?

Can they be more British than the British or more Spanish than the Spanish or more French than the French?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 11:24pm On May 04, 2016
georjay:

be prepared
wailers are coming
They better come with their buckets because I'm gonna make them cry like my B.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by georjay(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2016
just here to observe comments from Israelites residing in lag

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 11:27pm On May 04, 2016
Super1Star:
Why do some parents take pride in their children not being able to speak their language?

Can they be more British than the British or more Spanish than the Spanish or more French than the French?

I honestly don't understand why Africans take pride in the English language and the foreign religion. What a shame. Where's our pride? Our identity?

The I too knows will soon come with their Yoruba < English Nollywood garbage when we all know Yorubawood is the pride of Africa grin

27 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Tolexander: 11:29pm On May 04, 2016
Osun state really needs this indigenous language resurrection. Thinking about how the teaching of our mother tongue was murdered and buried by Chief Bisi Akande, sacking all yoruba teachers then.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 11:33pm On May 04, 2016
Tolexander:
Osun state really needs this indigenous language resurrection. Thinking about how the teaching of our mother tongue was murdered and buried by Chief Bisi Akande, sacking all yoruba teachers then.

Yes o, but Lago's case is more critical than osun.
Osun should really think about the tourism side of things. They need to make Osun a destination for all these Yoruba wanna bes abroad; europe, americas, carbs, etc.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 12:12am On May 05, 2016
good one,god abeg pursue oshiomole from Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 12:15am On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

I honestly don't understand why Africans take pride in the English language and the foreign religion. What a shame. Where's our pride? Our identity?

The I too knows will soon come with their Yoruba < English Nollywood garbage when we all know Yorubawood is the pride of Africa grin
abeg nor go there,who the f*ck knows yorubawood except Yoruba people?, how do you except me(an Edo man) to give one f*ck for a movies whose language I can't understand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 12:16am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
abeg nor go there,who the f*ck knows yorubawood except Yoruba people?, how do you except me (an Edo man) to give one f*ck for a movies whose language I can't understand.

Please swerve. I don't have any expectation for you because I don't give a F about you lol

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 12:18am On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

Please swerve. I don't have any expectation for you because I don't give a F about you lol
my guy na the truth I tell you oh,nor talk am for outside,yorubawood cheesycheesygrin hahahaha,carry Yoruba wood outside Yoruba land and see who go give one f*ck

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 12:19am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
my guy na the truth I tell you oh,nor talk am for outside,yorubawood cheesycheesygrin hahahaha,carry Yoruba wood outside Yoruba land and see who go give one f*ck

Na your problem be that.

29 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by kayfra: 12:36am On May 05, 2016
They have an indigenous language in no man's land? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 12:39am On May 05, 2016
kayfra:

Yes they do. The language of the owner.

38 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by yetunsbay(m): 2:20am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
abeg nor go there,who the f*ck knows yorubawood except Yoruba people?, how do you except me(an Edo man) to give one f*ck for a movies whose language I can't understand.
no dey use F-word........tnk God u cnt compare YORUBAWOOD to BENIN-WOOD (if any exist sef)

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by after1: 2:27am On May 05, 2016
kayfra:

Lol. Sarcasm

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 2:29am On May 05, 2016
GOOD...
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 2:47am On May 05, 2016
yetunsbay:
no dey use F-word........tnk God u cnt compare YORUBAWOOD to BENIN-WOOD (if any exist sef)
there is no such thing that is why it is called Nollywood,but since you guys separated yourseft and started boasting I had proclaim some basic facts

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Sunky200: 4:16am On May 05, 2016
aba yii dara pupo nitori wipe ede, asa ati ise ile wa dara pupo

13 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by OlujobaSamuel: 6:27am On May 05, 2016
Tolexander:
your facts are not right bro, he never sacked all yoruba teachers, je sacked teachers. I schooled in a government boarding school in osun during his tenure, we have 2Yoruba teachers(1pta and 1gov't). Her name is Mrs Arogundade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by ibedun: 6:55am On May 05, 2016
FANTASTIC!!!!! Those who don't like it can relocate to their state of origin.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Musiwa419: 7:19am On May 05, 2016
Ogun. Beautiful. Excellent

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 7:20am On May 05, 2016
ibedun:

Lol.

They will never. They only go back when they are being buried.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1011: 7:33am On May 05, 2016
ibedun:

Thats like a death sentence to them, but they will still come online to denigrate same place they cant do without.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Tolexander: 7:37am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

your facts are not right bro, he never sacked all yoruba teachers, je sacked teachers. I schooled in a government boarding school in osun during his tenure, we have 2Yoruba teachers(1pta and 1gov't). Her name is Mrs Arogundade.
Bisi Akande sacked almost all non-science secondary school teachers above level 10.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by OlujobaSamuel: 7:42am On May 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Bisi Akande sacked almost all non-science secondary school teachers above level 10.
I won't argue with that, but there is a difference between almost all and all.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by comos: 7:58am On May 05, 2016
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, thus yoruba language should not be allowed in the state house of assembly.

moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Musiwa419: 8:34am On May 05, 2016
comos:
moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?
You simple tell him to go back to _biafraud where he can ''cope''

40 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by oduastates: 8:35am On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

Yes o, but Lago's case is more critical than osun.
Osun should really think about the tourism side of things. They need to make Osun a destination for all these Yoruba wanna bes abroad; europe, americas, carbs, etc.

Osun can build tourism on the Yoruba religion and ifa

I have advocated for the creation of an ifa university of the universe . A university where research in science and technology is the mission . Heavily funded and heavily subsidised.
A massive temple to bring the Yoruba religion into the the Age of Enlightenment . I do not think there has been any attempt at organised reformation .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thugs Lay Siege To Ondo Assembly / Ooni Asks Atiku, Obi Supporters To Embrace Tinubu's Government. / Kogi: Dino Melaye Appeals Tribunal Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.