Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. (17470 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by kumakunta: 12:17pm On May 05, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

It might not be as popular as the Nigerian-English speaking Nollywood but it is popular.
Much more popular than any other indigenous language speaking movie industry we have In Africa.
I can't count the number of times we have had yoruba movies shown on international film festivals across the globe.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by waternogetenemy: 12:21pm On May 05, 2016
If this is another Yoruba agenda against igbos, forget it. What guarantee is there that Nigeria will still be one country by 2019?

Do you know?

Igbos would have left but for force used against then and Britain.

That means Igbo that came, will one day leave, just like Ghana came and left.

Yorubas stop having Igbo phobia.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by seunny4lif(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2016
grin grin
enigma2007:

Yes oo!
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 12:27pm On May 05, 2016
waternogetenemy:

If this is another Yoruba agenda against igbos, forget it. What guarantee is there that Nigeria will still be one country by 2019?

Do you know?

Even your Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw stated that Nigeria will be no more by Dec 2015. Here we are today.

God will see us all beyond 2019, we shall see.

Igbo-pho-gini? Who will ever have a fear for a group of people that never achieved anything tangible or contributes anything tangible to this nation, apart from always seeking to bring down the country out of inferiority complex and criminal tendencies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by waternogetenemy: 12:33pm On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

Even your Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw stated that Nigeria will be no more by Dec 2015. Here we are today.

God will see us all beyond 2019, we shall see.

Igbo-pho-gini? Who will ever have a fear for a group of people that never achieved anything tangible or contributes anything tangible to this nation, apart from always seeking to bring down the country out of inferiority complex and criminal tendencies.

Aburo! Nigeria is not your Birth right and Nigeria is not promised.

Nigeria is a negotiation and compromise. Nigeria is a priviledge.

If you and your people or any other group of people abuse that priviledge with all the political correctness and international laws available today, then you might as well kiss Nigeria good bye.

Igbos have intellectual and you cannot fool everybody together. This Yoruba language in lagos can only work once Biafra set sail.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 12:50pm On May 05, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Aburo! Nigeria is not your Birth right and Nigeria is not promised.

Nigeria is a negotiation and compromise. Nigeria is a priviledge.

If you and your people or any other group of people abuse that priviledge with all the political correctness and international laws available today, then you might as well kiss Nigeria good bye.

Igbos have intellectual and you cannot fool everybody together. This Yoruba language in lagos can only work once Biafra set sail.

Omo kekere sorry o. It is our state and we are the owner of our Min of Education. Unfortunately, the State Min of Education license all schools, whether private or public, except the Federal schools.

As part of your criteria for registration, offering of Yoruba language just became a compulsory criterion that must be fulfilled.

No international community can save you from our continuous colonisation of your children, yorubanising them subconsciously and further spreading our language that is being spoken in Benin, Togo, Brazil and the carribeans. Guess what, SE Nigeria will soon be recognised as another region where yoruba language is well entrenched.

Lol.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 1:38pm On May 05, 2016
tunjion:

This is the same aguement IPOB make against Nigeria.

It is either you stand for a Nigeria or Oduduwa.

Nigeria is a boiling pot today becos everybody feel threatened by the other and reacting without thinking.

Non yorubas learning the language should be on the bases of interest not force or compulsory.

That is the right thing to do, as language should not be forced on non speakers.

Rather everybody should learn their own language compulsorily.

Ijaw learn ijaw, Igbo learn Igbo, Fulani learn Fulani, hausa learn hausa, Ibibio learn Ibibio, etc.

If we all must speak a language then it must be Hausa which is widely spoken in West Africa.

Please let us support and pursue a Nigeria agenda not sectional Yoruba agenda or Igbo agenda as that leads to division and resentment.

If you're indeed Yoruba, I shame for you.

No we'll not pursue one Nigeria agenda at the detriment of our language.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 1:39pm On May 05, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Do you know?

Lmaooooo. You never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 1:41pm On May 05, 2016
comos:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, thus yoruba language should not be allowed in the state house of assembly.

moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?

Too bad. We don't expect him to cope. Lagos doesn't belong to all Nigerians. Pele.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by prettyeyo: 1:41pm On May 05, 2016
And what do we minorities learn to speak?? Minorities from South South? Besides i don't think Yoruba should be a compulsory language. What they should do instead is let them choose out of igbo ,hausa or Yoruba.we called it Nigerian languages in unity schools. You choose one.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 1:43pm On May 05, 2016
frisky2good:
For dem mind dem think say that rubbish pidgin Yoruba wey dem dey speak na original Yoruba. How many of them can speak genuine, unadulterated Yoruba? Focus on 4 major problems and try to solve them in 4 years instead of dabbling into every single issue in the society only to end up spending 4 year looking for the corner of a round house.

This is s major problem and they're focusing on it.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 1:45pm On May 05, 2016
prettyeyo:
And what do we minorities learn to speak?? Minorities from South South? Besides i don't think Yoruba should be a compulsory language. What they should do instead is let them choose out of igbo ,hausa or Yoruba.we called it Nigerian languages in unity schools. You choose one.

Wetin concern Lagos with Hausa or Ibo? Choose wetin? Would Anambra give the same option?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 1:58pm On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

If you are a private school owner, have you forgotten that you take your approval and license from the State Govt through the Min of Edu? You will be compelled to offer it as a compulsory subject.

It is not mandatory for you to have your school in SW. You can take it to any other region or even sambisa forest, where the Min of Education will not enforce the language on you

Like I said; what you should clamour for you won't.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by engrchykae(m): 2:01pm On May 05, 2016
ibedun:
FANTASTIC!!!!! Those who don't like it can relocate to their state of origin.
what is your problem?my mother speaks yoruba and hausa while my dad speaks hausa.
My people in southwest do hear and speak yoruba very well.
But ur people despise other people's languages,not ready to learn other nigerians language or leave their enclave the way hausa and igbos migrate to other parts of nigeria.
Think on this.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by engrchykae(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2016
ibedun:
FANTASTIC!!!!! Those who don't like it can relocate to their state of origin.
what is your problem?my mother speaks yoruba and hausa while my dad speaks hausa.
But ur people despise other people's languages,not ready to learn other nigerians language or leave their enclave the way hausa and igbos migrate to other parts of nigeria.
Think on this...
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 2:05pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Like I said; what you should clamour for you won't.

Like I said, we are clamouring for what we want. Face yours.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

Like I said, we are clamouring for what we want. Face yours.

Still saying the same thing. There a thousand issues that need dire attention but a non issue is priority right. No wonder you guys have been living like this for half a century.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 2:13pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Still saying the same thing. There a thousand issues that need dire attention but a non issue is priority right. No wonder you guys have been living like this for half a century.

We are contented with our head ache of how we are living. Is that a crime?

Why are you using PCM for someone else's headache?

I repeat, we are clamouring for what we want and what is our priority. Face yours.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 2:18pm On May 05, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Do you know?

This one no even get shame at all. You yeeboes are something else, na saw dust una get for brain.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 2:22pm On May 05, 2016
engrchykae:
Think on this.

So its now a crime for not migrating to other region, why do you people reason this way? Will i leave my comfort zone to another place just because i want to satisfy some haters. Wetin person no go hear on this forum sef

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 2:24pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Why not leave them with there problem instead of crying on there behalf, why are you pained bro? Dont kill yourself over nothing. Lmao

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by loopman: 2:30pm On May 05, 2016
Once you live, work and school in Lagos, be ready to be subconsciously colonized by Yorubas,

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Ghost01(m): 2:43pm On May 05, 2016
prettyeyo:
It's a state government initiative and will only apply to schools under the jurisdiction of the state government.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by frisky2good(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2016
Is this in the same category as the basic dividends of democracy like good roads, water, security etc that we were promised? I don't care if they speak Igbo in the Lagos House of assembly. Let them just make laws that will make a difference in the common man's life. That's what they are paid to do.

Yorubanews:

This is s major problem and they're focusing on it.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Ghost01(m): 2:46pm On May 05, 2016
engrchykae:
Think on this.
Are you for real? Which part of Nigeria have you been to that you didn't come across a Yoruba man or woman?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 2:52pm On May 05, 2016
frisky2good:
Is this in the same category as the basic dividends of democracy like good roads, water, security etc that we were promised? I don't care if they speak Igbo in the Lagos House of assembly. Let them just make laws that will make a difference in the common man's life. That's what they are paid to do.

Ensuring the survival of one's identity is more crucial than the ones you listed. And who said they can't ensure good roads and survival of Yoruba language at the same time?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by engrchykae(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

So its now a crime for not migrating to other region, why do you people reason this way? Will i leave my comfort zone to another place just because i want to satisfy some haters. Wetin person no go hear on this forum sef
when u move,u see other people,their culture beliefs etc.
You will appreciate them and realize that there are areas where they are better than you also you will see areas where you excel.
My nysc in cross river state made me realize our peoples many mistakes and some mistakes of cross riverians such as promiscuity but they are more hospitable than my people.
If national integration must be achieved,your people must be ready to travel to other parts of nigeria and appreciate others.
Well its up to you to decide on what to do.
There is one bad attitude i dont like which is when ur guys are talking and they dont care if u hear or not even in nccf family house.and we are supposed to be Jesus corpers.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by engrchykae(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2016
Ghost01:
Are you for real? Which part of Nigeria have you been to that you didn't come across a Yoruba man or woman?
so you mean if i see about ten yorubas in the whole of owerri,its ok?
Look the northerners are doing better than that.and if we must achieve national integration u guys must stop this idol of the cave syndrome.
We have done our part and the hausas are also trying as u see ama awusa(hausa community ) all over the south while such can't be said about your guys or does it mean that you are not sincere about one nigeria.because u guys can say A while B is in your heart.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:22pm On May 05, 2016
kumakunta:

Much more popular than any other indigenous language speaking movie industry we have In Africa.
I can't count the number of times we have had yoruba movies shown on international film festivals across the globe.
God bless you.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 3:23pm On May 05, 2016
engrchykae:
when u move,u see other people,their culture beliefs etc.
You will appreciate them and realize that there are areas where they are better than you also you will see areas where you excel.
My nysc in cross river state made me realize our peoples many mistakes and some mistakes of cross riverians such as promiscuity but they are more hospitable than my people.
If national integration must be achieved,your people must be ready to travel to other parts of nigeria and appreciate others.
Well its up to you to decide on what to do.
There is one bad attitude i dont like which is when ur guys are talking and they dont care if u hear or not even in nccf family house.and we are supposed to be Jesus corpers.

So there are no Yorubas in other parts of the country? I cant see any sense in what you wrote, sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 3:29pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

Why not leave them with there problem instead of crying on there behalf, why are you pained bro? Dont kill yourself over nothing. Lmao

Super1Star:

We are contented with our head ache of how we are living. Is that a crime?

Why are you using PCM for someone else's headache?

I repeat, we are clamouring for what we want and what is our priority. Face yours.

And that is still you all's problem. I wonder why you do don't see it. Your ignorance is self fulfilling. "It's our ignorance and we like it like that". You need to be educated.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Ghost01(m): 3:35pm On May 05, 2016
engrchykae:
so you mean if i see about ten yorubas in the whole of owerri,its ok?
Look the northerners are doing better than that.and if we must achieve national integration u guys must stop this idol of the cave syndrome.
We have done our part and the hausas are also trying as u see ama awusa(hausa community ) all over the south while such can't be said about your guys or does it mean that you are not sincere about one nigeria.because u guys can say A while B is in your heart.
You obviously are not well-travelled within Nigeria. BTW, just 10 Yorubas in Owerri? That's funny. Lol. But you really need to move around more or consult with people who do/have before jumping to conclusions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hausa/fulani The Richest And The Best Tribe In Nigeria / Anambra: PDP Disqualifies, Ozigbo, Others, Clears Uba, Odua, Ekwunife / Ado Doguwa Officially Declares For Speakership (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.