Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. (17471 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Ghost01(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2016
engrchykae:
when u move,u see other people,their culture beliefs etc.
You will appreciate them and realize that there are areas where they are better than you also you will see areas where you excel.
My nysc in cross river state made me realize our peoples many mistakes and some mistakes of cross riverians such as promiscuity but they are more hospitable than my people.
If national integration must be achieved,your people must be ready to travel to other parts of nigeria and appreciate others.
Well its up to you to decide on what to do.
There is one bad attitude i dont like which is when ur guys are talking and they dont care if u hear or not even in nccf family house.and we are supposed to be Jesus corpers.
Lol. I also served in Cross River and I came across Yorubas in the village where my PPA was located. One of the teachers in the school was even a Yoruba man, married to a CrossRiverian, and in the school's library, one can find Yoruba textbooks.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by mathias32(m): 3:47pm On May 05, 2016
comos:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, thus yoruba language should not be allowed in the state house of assembly.

moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?
biafran or Nigerian, u are confusing yourself

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 05, 2016
erusen:
oduduwa was a prince from Benin kingdom.
Oduduwa is not a prince frm Benin kingdom. . Ogiso can never be a king in Ife.

Likewise yorubas and other yoruboid tribe will never believe dat ur theory.

how will ogiso understand yoruba language and rule them? use ur brain na.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 4:12pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

And that is still you all's problem. I wonder why you do don't see it. Your ignorance is self fulfilling. "It's our ignorance and we like it like that". You need to be educated.

That is what we want. Is it by force flateeno?

Face your cup of tea and leave ours.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by musicwriter(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2016
This's probably the best news I've heard on Nairaland this year. And the government should make sure it's not just about learning Yoruba as a language, but using Yoruba to actually acquire knowledge in schools. Replace English with Yoruba, and teach and learn in Yoruba. This would be a big leap towards true independence.

The benefit is huge!!. It will eventually return us to our selves- our culcures, our natural way of learning, give us back our identity as African. The benefits are endless.

The current brainwashing model of education we inherited from Britain makes English language a prerequisite for knowledge acquisition in our schools, therefore, it cuts off a large population of the African people from knowledge acquision.

No matter how intelligent a Yoruba boy, he cannot be educated under the current model of education. No matter how intelligent an Igbo girl, the current system of education cutts her off from knowledge acquisition.
e.t.c, .e.t.c. So, as you can see, we're the one stopping our people from being educated!. We're now the one enslaving ourselves!!.

This's is a very laudable policy and should be replicated all over Nigeria, all over Africa.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 05, 2016
goodvision12:
Yoloobaas are highly tribalistic
you people frm d South south and South East taught yoruba this. when we came to ur red mud regions..we felt like an outcast, u were very tribalistic to d yorubas and we are now paying u back.

Expect more of this

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 4:18pm On May 05, 2016
musicwriter:
This's probably the best news I've heard on Nairaland this year. And the government should make sure it's not just about learning Yoruba as a language, but using Yoruba to actually acquire knowledge in schools. Replace English with Yoruba, and teach and learn in Yoruba. This would be a big leap towards true independence.

The benefit is huge!!. It will eventually return us to our selves- our culcures, our natural way of learning, give us back our identity as African. The benefits are endless.

The current brainwashing model of education we inherited from Britain makes English language a prerequisite for knowledge acquisition in our schools, therefore, it cuts off a large population of the African people from knowledge acquision.

No matter how intelligent a Yoruba boy, he cannot be educated under the current model of education. No matter how intelligent an Igbo girl, the current system of education cutts her off from knowledge acquisition.
e.t.c, .e.t.c. So, as you can see, we're the one stopping our people from being educated!. We're now the one enslaving ourselves!!.

This's is a very laudable policy and should be replicated all over Nigeria, all over Africa.

People are trying to be global compliant you are becoming isolar and clannish

OK one question

Can people tell me Yoruba word for software , atom, cell and even download

Tell me Yoruba words for these then I know that this project will be suitable for this ICT savvy world

Even Chinese with their technology are leaning global language

Yoruba language spoken by 30 million people
English language spoken by over 3 billion people

I think I rather learn English

One reason Igbo took over nollywood wasn't that they couldn't act in Igbo ..they learnt that they had to potrya their culture in a language million can understand which is English

Yoruba should up their games and becoming competitive instead of becoming isolar ..this is advice

They are not helping issues here

Thank day parents are teaching English, French and mandarins with local language ...it positions the kids to be global citizens

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 4:22pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
banmee:

And that is still you all's problem. I wonder why you do don't see it. Your ignorance is self fulfilling. "It's our ignorance and we like it like that". You need to be educated.
[/s]

Crying and shedding crocrodile tears wont change anything, you will just kill yourself over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 05, 2016
christopher123:

OK one question

Tell me Yoruba words for these then I know that this project will be suitable for this ICT savvy world

One reason Igbo took over nollywood wasn't that they couldn't act in Igbo ..they learnt that they had to potrya their culture in a language million can understand which is English

Yoruba should up their games and becoming competitive instead of becoming isolar ..this is advice

Thank day parents are teaching English, French and mandarins with local language ...it positions the kids to be global citizens

When you get out of the country, you will find out that there is really nothing like a global citizen. Its not bad if Yoruba child understands both Yoruba and English. However, when the Yoruba child understands only English and cannot speak read or write Yoruba then we can say colonization is complete because when the whites came they colonize us with language culture (religion) and guns

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 4:33pm On May 05, 2016
Drchristian:

Oduduwa is not a prince frm Benin kingdom. . Ogiso can never be a king in Ife.

Likewise yorubas and other yoruboid tribe will never believe dat ur theory.

how will ogiso understand yoruba language and rule them? use ur brain na.
see I nor get your time,you are talking about language,how did the ancient trade despite having different language?,you won't believe oduduwa was from Benin,but he fell the sky but you believe his grandson ruled Benin?
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
12inches1:

When you get out of the country, you will find out that there is really nothing like a global citizen. Its not bad if Yoruba child understands both Yoruba and English. However, when the Yoruba child understands only English and cannot speak read or write Yoruba then we can say colonization is complete because when the whites came they colonize us with language culture (religion) and guns

So what are you saying that it is right to teach in Yoruba language

OK translate these words
Cell
Atom
Diode
Anode
Injector
Traction
Fraction
Software i

If you can translate these then I will know you are ready ...I will love my kids to be thought in global language as of my native language she will learn that at home

Me I can speak four languages
English ,French ,Igbo and a bit of Yoruba

I no try ? But they brought me up with English

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by musicwriter(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2016
christopher123:

OK one question

it's very ironic you take the non availability for the meaning of ''downlaod'' as reason not to learn Yoruba. Don't you think Yorubas would've had a meaning for that, if Yoruba was compulsory?.

Every language grows. And, of course, when you don't study or take your language serious it would not grow and would in fact eventually go into extinction.

Asians you mentioned study English only after mastering their own native languages. Their language is compulsory in school for all citizen. There's nobody born in China that doesn't speak and write Chinese. There's no Japanese man or woman that don't speak Japanese first. Same for Korans, Russians, Germans, e.t.c.

Doesn't all these countries communicate the rest of the world?

In fact, nobody is saying not to study English, but English should not be a priority in our schools over our native languages.

Details on the link on my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:
[s][/s]

Crying and shedding crocrodile tears wont change anything, you will just kill yourself over nothing.

Ignorance. Lol
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 4:48pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Ignorance. Lol

E pain am cheesy cheesy cheesy Dundee

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 5:04pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

E pain am cheesy cheesy cheesy Dundee

If you only knew. Lol...half a century and nothing has change. Getting dummer and dummer as the years goes by. grin
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by MrGerald(m): 5:06pm On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

Please swerve. I don't have any expectation for you because I don't give a F about you lol
even 80% of yorubas tunes their tv screen to English movies of actors of Igbo characters
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 5:07pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

If you only knew. Lol...half a century and nothing has change. Getting dummer and dummer as the years goes by. grin

The dunce is still crying, take handkerchief.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 5:16pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

Says the mo.ron who is still replying. I.diots are born everyday.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by frisky2good(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2016
What they are doing is lip service. FG recently made Nigerian languages optional for secondary students but they all kept quiet. If they really love Yoruba and they want to promote it, why didn't they protest? Even you that is so sentimental about it, what did you do?

Yorubanews:

Ensuring the survival of one's identity is more crucial than the ones you listed. And who said they can't ensure good roads and survival of Yoruba language at the same time?
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by goodvision12(m): 5:27pm On May 05, 2016
Drchristian:

you people frm d S. east and South East taught yoruba this. when we came to ur red mud regions..we felt like an outcast, u were very tribalistic to d yorubas and we are now paying u back.

Expect more of this
Na lie joor!why du yu people love lies so much.lie mohammed is a yooolobaaa man and can tell lies.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by FKO81(m): 5:30pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2016 report

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Bank Deposit by states in Nigeria
From the report bank deposit/credit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra stat #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
balance #639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance #237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015 #4'461'997.51

From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015
excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.5[/b]9
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72
Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015 #2'593'995.78

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by oc2fish: 5:31pm On May 05, 2016
musicwriter:

It sounds good on paper. You will end up producing Nigerians that cannot travel out to other countries. Listen to world news relate with the world. I know Asian countries that did this and end up producing graduates that cannot mingle with mates.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by NewNigeriaMind: 6:17pm On May 05, 2016
comos:

The Igbo-man should be carried along by adopting english as the official and only language allowed in the Lagos state house of assembly.

I could remember he once complained about some member speaking yoruba during planery

So in a gathering of over 26 people, one man decides he does not need to know the local dialect, the rest should bend and begin to speak the language he understands in their own land.

Its not your fault, I blame PDP and lawyer gani in Mafoluku that campaigned for motherfucker

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by NewNigeriaMind: 6:21pm On May 05, 2016
MrGerald:
even 80% of yorubas tunes their tv screen to English movies of actors of Igbo characters

Lol.....that was ten years ago.

Stop living in past, the current nollywoood is Yoruba.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 6:21pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Says the mo.ron who is still replying. I.diots are born everyday.

Coming from a despicable oaf sired by 2 dirty ediots. You are insane.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
FKO81:

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2016 report

What is all this nonsense? Are you insane. Why quoting me with rubbish on a Yoruba language thread, inferiority complex has turn you to a mad person, you cant even sleep without doing your dic.k contest with the Yorubas. You better go seek for deliverance before you tear you cloth on the road. Na wao

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

Coming from a despicable oaf sired by 2 dirty ediots. You are insane.

From a cu.nt who came out of a c.unt's c.unt. grin
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 6:28pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

From a cu.nt who came out of a c.unt's c.unt. grin

The cursed nitwit is still blabbing, the mad woman that sired a goat like you deserve to be lynched for bringing shame to your community.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by musicwriter(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2016
oc2fish:

It sounds good on paper. You will end up producing Nigerians that cannot travel out to other countries. Listen to world news relate with the world. I know Asian countries that did this and end up producing graduates that cannot mingle with mates.

Whenever I read comments from people like you, all I do is shed tears, cause it tells me how deeply mentally enslaved some us could be.

Do we currently produce better graduates than Asians?

Which African country produce better graduates than Japan, Korea, China?

Are we better than China?

Are we better than Japan?

Are we better than Korea?

Common!!.

How do Asians communicate the reast of the world?.

Are you the one that've been helping Asians communicate the world?.

Indeed, intellectual slavery is the worst legacy of colonialism.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 6:37pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

The cursed nitwit is still blabbing, the mad woman that sired a goat like you deserve to be lynched for bringing shame to your community.

Stupidity at it's highest. M.oron is complaining i'm replying while he is doing same. Phucking ret.ard. They are born everyday.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1o1: 6:40pm On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Stupidity at it's highest. M.oron is complaining i'm replying while he is doing same. Phucking ret.ard. They are born everyday.

Complain? This accursed fool is amazingly stup.id, save the world by ending your miserable life to avoid more ediots on earth. Ediot

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by FKO81(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

What is all this nonsense? Are you insane. Why quoting me with rubbish on a Yoruba language thread, inferiority complex has turn you to a mad person, you cant even sleep without doing your dic.k contest with the Yorubas. You better go seek for deliverance before you tear you cloth on the road. Na wao
Tunde Ebonyi is doing better than Osun and Ekiti state from the recent data grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Markafi, Sule Lamido, John Ola Mafo At Ondo Court Of Appeal / What Buhari And Trump Will Discuss About In First Official Meeting / Presidential Spokesman Asks Journalists To Expunge Buhari's Comments On Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.