Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. (17467 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by seunny4lif(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2016
Thank God o oooh
German people dey speak English but will pretend like, they don't hear you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Subway1011: 9:11am On May 05, 2016
comos:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, thus yoruba language should not be allowed in the state house of assembly.

moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?

You should be worried about Enugu and Ebonyi which is now officially fulani land, you wan die on top Lagos matter.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Hillzy(m): 9:35am On May 05, 2016
Dem are all mad

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by omolola15(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2016
Make i dey enjoy the comments dey go.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by macaranta(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2016
Cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by oboy3(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
abeg nor go there,who the f*ck knows yorubawood except Yoruba people?, how do you except me(an Edo man) to give one f*ck for a movies whose language I can't understand.
thats the yorubaman thinking for you

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by enigma2007(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2016
seunny4lif:
Thank God o oooh
German people dey speak English but will pretend like, they don't hear you grin grin

The French too

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by oluwasegun007(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2016
I concur. ....d ambiguity of English language sometimes lead to disagreement. ...

try translating any course you find difficult in your course of study to your mother tongue, I bet u, you'll understand it better than the lecturer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 9:54am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
abeg nor go there,who the f*ck knows yorubawood except Yoruba people?, how do you except me(an Edo man) to give one f*ck for a movies whose language I can't understand.
u don't know your origin u beta go read about Oduduwa

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by jesuspikinjp(m): 9:59am On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:
Why do some parents take pride in their children not being able to speak their language?

Can they be more British than the British or more Spanish than the Spanish or more French than the French?

some even beat their kids up for dare speak their mother's tongues.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2016
comos:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, thus yoruba language should not be allowed in the state house of assembly.

moreover there is an Igboman among them, how do you expect him to cope ?

Lagos: the former capital city or the state?

Ikorodu is in Lagos state, but it was never part of the former capital city; ditto Badagry, Epe and Ikeja.

The Igboman could show more interest in the language na. Having contempt for the dominant language of a state is bad politics.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:02am On May 05, 2016
That is a good development. Mother tongue first before any other language.
One person said who sabi Yoruba movies outside Nigeria. That person is myopic. Have met Non-Nigerians on my Facebook and they speak and write Yoruba fluently. Osun Oshogbo festival is well know in America, Europe and Latin America.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 10:04am On May 05, 2016
Kyri:
u don't know your origin u beta go read about Oduduwa
oduduwa was a prince from Benin kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Trexnemesis(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:
Why do some parents take pride in their children not being able to speak their language?

Can they be more British than the British or more Spanish than the Spanish or more French than the French?

I wonder o!
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Dharnielilo(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2016
good decision..............#culture should not be neglected

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:07am On May 05, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

some even beat their kids up for dare speak their mother's tongues.
Don't mind those parents.
I was with one of my uncle one day. His daughter tried to speak Yoruba language do you know what my uncle said, he told the daughter don't speak vernacular. I just laughed.
I now told him, as a trained teacher/educationists I was told Mother tongue comes first before any other language.
If I do not understand my mother tongue, I won't be able to communicate with my grandma or be an interpreter for non-English language speakers in my environment.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Missyetty(f): 10:08am On May 05, 2016
I pity my country, i overheard a woman oneday warning someone not to ever speak yoruba to her kids...i was like this is crazy, if we are not careful, our indigenous language might soon go into extinction before our eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2016
LWKMD!!! cheesy
georjay:
just here to observe comments from Israelites residing in lag

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Ushiefrank(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2016
Shut up you yoruba are too proud of your place because some of you don't go out but many yoruba are in other places too selling their root (agbo) i like them some of you are fund of these trash.

Thats like a death sentence to them, but they will still come online to denigrate same place they cant do without. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
Who cares if you don't understand the language? There many Americans, Europeans and Latin Americans that speaks Yoruba language and watch Yoruba movies. They even understand IFA(Oracle) panegyrics.
Even some Benin understands language aside my friend, this Benin based rapper, Cyrus Tha Virus speaks and rap in Yoruba language sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by danasjoe1: 10:13am On May 05, 2016
The yoruba race cup of tea n not mine..
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2016
Ushiefrank:
Shut up you yoruba are too proud of your place because some of you don't go out but many yoruba are in other places too selling their root (agbo) i like them some of you are fund of these trash.

Thats like a death sentence to them, but they will still come online to denigrate same place they cant do without.
Mr man keep shut, there are many Igbos here that sells Abasha and one food that looks like moi moi.
I do eat Igbo foods.
Which indigenous language is used in east aside English, it is Igbo language.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by erusen: 10:16am On May 05, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Who cares if you don't understand the language? There many Americans, Europeans and Latin Americans that speaks Yoruba language and watch Yoruba movies. They even understand IFA(Oracle) panegyrics.
Even some Benin understands language aside my friend, this Benin based rapper, Cyrus Tha Virus speaks and rap in Yoruba language sometimes.
really dude,yes people understand other peoples language,its fact,but the guy I was taking said yorubawood is more popular than nollywood,so I reminded him of some basic facts

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by seunny4lif(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2016
grin grin
Either you learn it or ship out
Dats it
enigma2007:

The French too

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Kingspin(m): 10:17am On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:
Our leaders are just waking up ba?
Ogun, Ondo, and Ekiti please follow suite.
I doubt Ekiti will do much right now because the state currently has no leader.
Must everybody be your friend? Disappear.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2016
Missyetty:
I pity my country, i overheard a woman oneday warning someone not to ever speak yoruba to her kids...i was like this is crazy, if we are not careful, our indigenous language might soon go into extinction before our eyes.
I feel like spanking those kind of people. I do tell them even, the English language they are promoting their kids to speak is not even a standard English.
Have you noticed that, people that studied Yoruba as a course in school speaks fluent English.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2016
erusen:
really dude,yes people understand other peoples language,its fact,but the guy I was taking said yorubawood is more popular than nollywood,so I reminded him of some basic facts
It might not be as popular as the Nigerian-English speaking Nollywood but it is popular.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by saibop(m): 10:26am On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

its nt only in languages,generally,black people nowadays dont no more wanna be black.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by tim1256(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2016
I am not freaked by this, they should start using Yoruba language for their sittings as it is done by their Northern counterparts

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by tim1256(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
I am not freaked by this, they should start using Yoruba language for their sittings as it is done by their Northern counterparts.
Silly elders

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Omotaday(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
oduastates:

Osun can build tourism on the Yoruba religion and ifa

I have advocated for the creation of an ifa university of the universe . A university where research in science and technology is the mission . Heavily funded and heavily subsidised.
A massive temple to bring the Yoruba religion into the the Age of Enlightenment . I do not think there has been any attempt at organised reformation .
I think there is already one university of IFA.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

here's the problem with you people. The things you should be clamoring for you don't, but the things that don't make sense you'll be all for it. As long as i can remember, yoruba as a subject has always been on the curriculum in public schools, so why bring up the legality now? And, if i own a private school, you cannot tell me the subjects i should teach which is why it is private.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Delivers Speech At The D-8 Summit In Turkey (Photos) / Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form / Buhari And APC Three And Half Year Score Card Part 1: Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.