Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? (3704 Views)

Nigerian Men On Twitter Share Hilarious Spiteful Things Women Did To Them / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 5:49pm On May 11, 2016
Saw a couple in a mall last week, the man was carrying his baby in a Baby Carrier strapped to his chest while the wife just had her handbag. Now, i know this is a normal day to day experience in the Western World but it's not really a common thing in this part of the World.
To be clear, i'm not talking about just carrying your baby but carrying him/her with a Carrier strapped to your body.

I asked some guys this question and i got responses like never! " what will she be carrying then?" " its her responsibility to carry the baby" and bla bla. Even a popular OAP said he couldn't.
Only Bae and another friend said it was no biggie and that they have done it even for babies that weren't theirs.
This gesture is very romantic if you ask me.

Are our guys too Egotistical, Shy, or Proud to strap their babies on
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by cheruv: 5:55pm On May 11, 2016
Something tells me you've gone nuts!! undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by talk2alabama: 5:58pm On May 11, 2016
Layla129, it's a very normal thing for ladies to bash a guy carrying his baby on him strapped on while his woman just walks beside him carrying nothing...
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 6:01pm On May 11, 2016
talk2alabama:
Layla129, it's a very normal thing for ladies to bash a guy carrying his baby on him strapped on while his woman just walks beside him carrying nothing...

If i get you correctly, she must be carrying something else before you can carry your baby because of what other ladies will say?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by talk2alabama: 6:05pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

If i get you correctly, she must be carrying something else before you can carry your baby because of what other ladies will say?
confirm cool
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by postmann: 6:06pm On May 11, 2016
It's just a matter of prefrence for the men this side of the globe. Nothing special about it.

I find it odd strapping even my own child to my chest. It doesn't agree with my style. Just like a big bible doesn't flow with my style on a Sunday on my way to church even though I have to park in the car lot and take a few strides to the church hall.
I'll rather carry the baby the normal way men carry their baby.

Don't cry about it.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 11, 2016
amebo op. u don carry ur real life gossip attitude come social media. wetin concern u?
must u open thread?
aporoko
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by kiddoiLL(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2016
Op go and listen to ketekete by Sir Ebenezer Obey...am sure you know the story...you are talking about this and you know your country people..if a guy ends up doing this..its still fellow ladies like you that will bash him and say them don lock am put for cage troway key... must we adapt EVERY western lifestyle?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Stanleywaxy(m): 6:52pm On May 11, 2016
Just on Tuesday last week , I was carrying my little cousin who was just 7months to go pick up the senior one from school .
The kind of glances people took at me was embarrassing tbh , and most of them were Ladies .
I told the Mum about it and she said she knew that such thing would happen .
Mennn ... Since then , I never carry my Little fellow come outside again o
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 8:01pm On May 11, 2016
postmann:
It's just a matter of prefrence for the men this side of the globe. Nothing special about it.

I find it odd strapping even my own child to my chest. It doesn't agree with my style. Just like a big bible doesn't flow with my style on a Sunday on my way to church even though I have to park in the car lot and take a few strides to the church hall.
I'll rather carry the baby the normal way men carry their baby.

Don't cry about it.

Lol, cry
It's not your style, fine but people just can't do it because of what people will say...not because its not their style
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by postmann: 8:09pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

Lol, cry
It's not your style, fine but people just can't do it because of what people will say...not because its not their style

The majority of men see it as effeminate in this part of the world. I'm persuaded to agree with them.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 8:09pm On May 11, 2016
kiddoiLL:
Op go and listen to ketekete by Sir Ebenezer Obey...am sure you know the story...you are talking about this and you know your country people..if a guy ends up doing this..its still fellow ladies like you that will bash him and say them don lock am put for cage troway key... must we adapt EVERY western lifestyle?

I know the song and it was talking about how it's difficult to please people...that is why you shouldn't listen to what everyone says. Do what you want to do as long as it's legal and makes you fulfilled.

I'm not saying we should copy every western lifestyle but the excuses guys are giving are flimsy. Someone just said it's not his style which is more acceptable than the excuse of what people will say
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by faith551(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2016
I will comment once i come down from this pineapple tree

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 8:16pm On May 11, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Just on Tuesday last week , I was carrying my little cousin who was just 7months to go pick up the senior one from school .
The kind of glances people took at me was embarrassing tbh , and most of them were Ladies .
I told the Mum about it and she said she knew that such thing would happen .
Mennn ... Since then , I never carry my Little fellow come outside again o

I'm sure some of them didn't look at you to spite you or anything...they were just surprised and admiring you. It's not something we see everyday here so you should expect the stare.

I mean, i stared at that man in the mall for a long time.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 8:21pm On May 11, 2016
faith551:
I will comment once i come down from this pineapple tree

Goodluck, you'll jump down when a snake shows up
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by faith551(m): 8:24pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

Goodluck, you'll jump down when a snake shows up

snake shocked, where is it, i want to make front page too
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Stanleywaxy(m): 8:28pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

I'm sure some of them didn't look at you to spite you or anything...they were just surprised and admiring you. It's not something we see everyday here so you should expect the stare.

I mean, i stared at that man in the mall for a long time.
Tbh , I didn't find it funny . Men play what I think is the major role in making a baby , so why would carrying their own kid be something they should be ashamed of .
Maybe , that should be the reason why my uncle doesn't carry his own kid .
I can't and won't do such .
If I don't carry my own kid , who will ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by HappyCreative(f): 10:30pm On May 11, 2016
People do whatever is comfortable and right for them; I don't understand why some people are so judgmental over trivial things. People saying 'what is the woman supposed to carry?' Well, what is the man supposed to carry if he didn't carry the child? It's his baby too!

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:33pm On May 11, 2016
HappyCreative:
People do whatever is comfortable and right for them; I don't understand why some people are so judgmental over trivial things. People saying 'what is the woman supposed to carry?' Well, what is the man supposed to carry if he didn't carry the child? It's his baby too!

I'm weak. They said carrying their child is a western lifestyle
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by HappyCreative(f): 10:44pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

I'm weak. They said carrying their child is a western lifestyle

So what is the point of the man being there if he is going to do nothing to help his child. He isn't even man enough to carry it!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by kiddoiLL(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

I know the song and it was talking about how it's difficult to please people...that is why you shouldn't listen to what everyone says. Do what you want to do as long as it's legal and makes you fulfilled.

I'm not saying we should copy every western lifestyle but the excuses guys are giving are flimsy. Someone just said it's not his style which is more acceptable than the excuse of what people will say
Alright
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 11, 2016
It aint right....

I don't know what aint right but it aint... grin
No body should quote me o... undecided
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:59pm On May 11, 2016
alexistaiwo:
amebo op. u don carry ur real life gossip attitude come social media. wetin concern u?
must u open thread?
aporoko

Lol, which life i for carry come social media before? undecided
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 11:00pm On May 11, 2016
slyIsaac:
It aint right....

I don't know what aint right but it aint... grin
No body should quote me o... undecided

Smh
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

Smh
Watchu still doing up?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 11, 2016
Those guys you asked that were saying no no, na SHAKARA!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 11:08pm On May 11, 2016
slyIsaac:

Watchu still doing up?

Nothing. Just fooling around
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

Nothing. Just fooling around

Aiit goodluck with tat...
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by AfroKnight: 12:03am On May 12, 2016
Here we go again.

Contrary to your asumption, we guys actually love to hold our babies except if we need to do something that requires our full attention.

Have you seen young husbands with their pregnant wives lately? Women have never had it so good like this. Nigerian young men are really caring. We treat you ladies like the "weaker vessels" but you lot keep clamouring for equality that cannot "epp" you.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 6:18am On May 12, 2016
layla129:

Lol, which life i for carry come social media before? undecided
lol. just pulling your legs sis
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by skywalker240(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2016
grin shame no go let me try am sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch How Man Was Given Overdose Of S*x By Calabar Girls In The Hotel (photos+vi / See how My Girlfriend surprise Me Last Week (18+) / Names Of Site For Free Adult Sex Comic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.