Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,009 members, 7,849,068 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? (3709 Views)

Nigerian Men On Twitter Share Hilarious Spiteful Things Women Did To Them / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by zeetyzin(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2016
well, thats d reason a significant number of children find it easier to confide in their mums....there hadnt been any form of father-child connection right from infancy...
i mean, what in God's name is wrong with me carrying my own child!...My pikin o!!!.
Haba!.
ill be carrying my child when i eventually have one...Itll create that connection btwn father and child....Front strap, back strap, neck strap, head strap...Any style...
Call me effeminate or watever, i dont care...Im not d cause of ur dumbness....
I love kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 12, 2016
layla129:
Saw a couple in a mall last week, the man was carrying his baby in a Baby Carrier strapped to his chest while the wife just had her handbag. Now, i know this is a normal day to day experience in the Western World but it's not really a common thing in this part of the World.
To be clear, i'm not talking about just carrying your baby but carrying him/her with a Carrier strapped to your body.

I asked some guys this question and i got responses like never! " what will she be carrying then?" " its her responsibility to carry the baby" and bla bla. Even a popular OAP said he couldn't.
Only Bae and another friend said it was no biggie and that they have done it even for babies that weren't theirs.
This gesture is very romantic if you ask me.

Are our guys too Egotistical, Shy, or Proud to strap their babies on

what do women want to turn men into undecided all because of romance, i won't do that, if u are too ashamed to carry our baby, then why should i be proud of you? Romantic my foot, i will carry my baby when my wife is not around
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:43am On May 12, 2016
zeetyzin:
well, thats d reason a significant number of children find it easier to confide in their mums....there hadnt been any form of father-child connection right from infancy...
i mean, what in God's name is wrong with me carrying my own child!...My pikin o!!!.
Haba!.
ill be carrying my child when i eventually have one...Itll create that connection btwn father and child....Front strap, back strap, neck strap, head strap...Any style...
I love kids.

Honestly, i am surprised with the excuses guys are giving for not carrying their own child. What's your business with how anybody sees you

Thumbs up
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:46am On May 12, 2016
lilzcee:
what do women want to turn men into undecided all because of romance, i won't do that, if u are too ashamed to carry our baby, then why should i be proud of you? Romantic my foot, i will carry my baby when my wife is not around

Smh. I don't even know what to tell you...i pray for your wife.

I saw a man and his wife the other day. She was backing a baby, carrying her bag in one hand, a small ghana must go in the other hand and her husband was walking empty handed beside her.
Is this the kind of man you are?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:52am On May 12, 2016
AirSultan:
Hmmm

You can but you won't or you can't and you won't...where do you belong?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 10:54am On May 12, 2016
skywalker240:
grin shame no go let me try am sef

Lool, bush man
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 11:02am On May 12, 2016
AfroKnight:
Here we go again.

Contrary to your asumption, we guys actually love to hold our babies except if we need to do something that requires our full attention.

Have you seen young husbands with their pregnant wives lately? Women have never had it so good like this. Nigerian young men are really caring. We treat you ladies like the "weaker vessels" but you lot keep clamouring for equality that cannot "epp" you.

Can you strap your baby on or not? Who is clamoring for equality? angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 12, 2016
layla129:

You can but you won't or you can't and you won't...where do you belong?
The former if diaris no tangible and plausible reason for me to. But in general, I can and I will. I see nothing wrong with it. I dont deserve to be her husband if I cant do that much for her na..
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 11:04am On May 12, 2016
AirSultan:
The former if diaris no tangible and plausible reason for me to. But in general, I can and I will. I see nothing wrong with it. I dont deserve to be her husband if I cant do that much for her na..

But there must be a tangible reason isn't it?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 12, 2016
layla129:

But there must be a tangible reason isn't it?
Yeah, even if itş the smallest tangible reason. There sha has to be a reason like you described above: maybe we went shopping and she has to carry some stuffs, or she needs to try on some stuffş or say hi to someone, or şhes weak, or etcetera. But I must object, that ştrap ish is a no no, I can only do that when I am with her alone. Nobody needs to know hw caring or loving i am to her na. Outside, Id rather carry the child on my neck or şhoulders or just snuggle him/her close to my chest..

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by skywalker240(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2016
layla129:

Lool, bush man
grin aint carrying that baby u gonna bore me with a carrier na......

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by oloyede252(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2016
Op..i can if there is a good reason for it...am too handsome to be carrying baby upandown while wife is carrying her bag only..that not romantic at all...
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 11:24am On May 12, 2016
oloyede252:
Op..i can if there is a good reason for it...am too handsome to be carrying baby upandown while wife is carrying her bag only..that not romantic at all...

This is interesting and newgrin...too handsome to carry your child upandan?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by oloyede252(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2016
layla129:

This is interesting and newgrin...too handsome to carry your child upandan?
yea.there are specific gender roles each of partner must act upon but in a time of need there wil be deviation from such roles... do you expect me to be carrying our baby upandan when the mother is alive..am too handsome for such.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:

I saw a man and his wife the other day. She was backing a baby, carrying her bag in one hand, a small ghana must go in the other hand and her husband was walking empty handed beside her.
I resemble houseboy? By the way is the man jobless? Why should i be following my wife like that? u mean he was just following her like a houseboy, i married her to be my soulmate and not my maid either, i will hold one of the bag, if i want to carry my baby i will carry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Marlvin(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2016
In as much as we are ever grateful for civilization, we're still Africans , We still have Our dignity and image to protect as a 'Man' in the society.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:

Honestly speaking , that's the most ugly incident I've witnessed . You're the husband for Christ sake and you're there to help her out . Mine was also the same as yours , but the woman I saw was carrying a Ghana must go bag in one hand and held onto the first kid with one hand , and another strapped to her back with the mucus coming out of the nostrils of the baby , the man was absolutely empty handed walking like a lost human .
I tire for some men o angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by nelxxy(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2016
OP not all Nigerian men cuz I WILL CARRY MY OWN BABY LIKE the fella YOU SAW.. I LOVE KIDS
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 7:29pm On May 12, 2016
nelxxy:
OP not all Nigerian men cuz I WILL CARRY MY OWN BABY LIKE the fella YOU SAW.. I LOVE KIDS

lol, nice one
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 7:41pm On May 12, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Honestly speaking , that's the most ugly incident I've witnessed . You're the husband for Christ sake and you're there to help her out . Mine was also the same as yours , but the woman I saw was carrying a Ghana must go bag in one hand and held onto the first kid with one hand , and another strapped to her back with the mucus coming out of the nostrils of the baby , the man was absolutely empty handed walking like a lost human .
I tire for some men o angry

lmaoo @mucus
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Stanleywaxy(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:

lmaoo @mucus
lol kiss
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by ronald4lif(m): 7:57pm On May 12, 2016
skywalker240:
grin shame no go let me try am sef

Oh really? Shame to carry your own baby?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by IBNgemini: 8:39pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:
Saw a couple in a mall last week, the man was carrying his baby in a Baby Carrier strapped to his chest while the wife just had her handbag. Now, i know this is a normal day to day experience in the Western World but it's not really a common thing in this part of the World.
To be clear, i'm not talking about just carrying your baby but carrying him/her with a Carrier strapped to your body.

I asked some guys this question and i got responses like never! " what will she be carrying then?" " its her responsibility to carry the baby" and bla bla. Even a popular OAP said he couldn't.
Only Bae and another friend said it was no biggie and that they have done it even for babies that weren't theirs.
This gesture is very romantic if you ask me.

Are our guys too Egotistical, Shy, or Proud to strap their babies on

Telemundo crew
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:

lol, nice one
Layla129 let's try this convo again smiley
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 9:05pm On May 12, 2016
ActOfWar:
Layla129 let's try this convo again smiley
what convo?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 9:06pm On May 12, 2016
IBNgemini:
[color=#000000][/color]
Telemundo crew
real life crew bruh
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 12, 2016
layla129:

what convo?
Lol how are u angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by layla129(f): 9:27pm On May 12, 2016
ActOfWar:
Lol how are u angry
fine
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by skywalker240(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2016
ronald4lif:

Oh really? Shame to carry your own baby?
With a carrier on my back or front breast...

Skywalker240 aint doing ladies sh!t since he was born.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by Nobody: 4:23am On May 13, 2016
layla129:

fine
Smile baby girl smile!
Good morning. How was ur night?
Brought u some breakfast smiley cheesy

***Drops a note***
Hey Beauty. Been wanting to tell u dz... You snore alot!! grin

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by khiaa(f): 5:53am On May 13, 2016
zeetyzin:
Haba!.
I love kids.

I just found the father of my future child.cheesy you must be the only intelligent one here
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Men And Baby Carriers?? by khiaa(f): 6:02am On May 13, 2016
lilzcee:

It took the both of you to create a child, why on earth should it matter who carries the child, romance has nothing to do with it, just be a loving father and connect with your child. Smh. sad Why would you be ashame to carry your own baby

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Type Of Wife Will This Woman Becomes (photo) / Why Do Guys Kneels On One Knee When Proposing? / How To Make Women Cum Several Times With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.