Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan (49021 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / PA Ikhide Welcome Aisha To America(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by BeardedMeat(m): 11:18pm On May 11, 2016
Bollinger:

The fact that you are clamoring for GEJ or any other leader in Nigeria for that matter, shows you have not learnt your lesson.
Meaning? That the gworo chewing fulani terrorist is the best thing that has happened to mankind after slice bread? Even OBJ who navigated the ship that brought him to power was lamenting how poor the dullard is in matters of governance and economics, so what the heck do you mean? If he is your messiah, then Goodluck!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by disloman(m): 11:21pm On May 11, 2016
When I read people's comment,I just dey laugh.I beg oooo. Protesting is still no a crime under 1999 constitution.Those who do not accept this subsidy removal can go ahead.Some people didn't know the cause of the ojota protest.Make I just dey sip my zobo and be looking ooooo.PMB!!! You rock joor.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kaka74: 11:21pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
First off, I'm a party supporter and not a Rep. Be clear on that.

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

This stuff would pan out beautifully, I believe so.

My pple have a saying dat an elder dat lies or decieves dd kids does not deserve respect nd 2day u mr omenka , obyezeks omojuwa nd ogulesi lost every iota of respect I have for you lot uu pple are benteath contempt and shame simply put u re pathetic .. All of a sudden 2012 was abt corruption nd sure p dats what u have to say defending this very wicked anti-pple policy . I can deduce that u re all after ur share of d loot nothing more . D truth is dat u re no better dan jonathan cos u pple re blooy liars nd potential thieves jst dat u vent gotten d chance .mr omenka u re disgusting

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by cbrass(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2016
Pavarottii:
Some people will still defend buhari after all these. And this increase other stations apart from NNPC will sell above 145.
I support PMB on this whole heartedly

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

What as saving from recovered looted funds, TSA etc done so far? am sure what you think you know about SURE -P was read to you on the pages of the newspaper, too bad if you dilute that. As for the SURE-P, it was a very successful scheme which i'm 100% aware of, i cant count how many Osun state indigene that benefitted from that scheme. You need to find out more about a scheme before you allow other peoples interest to confuse your direction.

Your comment about the economic effect of the fall in the global oil price further shows your lapses about the reality on ground. I wrote an article about "how other oil producing countries are benefitting from the fall in global oil price" and why Nigeria is lagging behind. Bro the fall is not the problem but our economic policies "on a fixed economy" instead of a floating one to keep the parallel market in balance. I dont think i have much time to start explaining this, but i will advice you study before you write an exam.

Now ask yourself this question, the continous negative value of over-recovery on PPRA website, what does it signifies? please find out. If they claim to remove subsidy, why controlling the landing cost? please find out too.

Bro, President Buhari's economic policy "is dead on arrival".

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 11:22pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:

it beats my imagination after each revelations after revelations and confession,some people still wish we are under Gej administration,how a good number of his ministers suddenly fell sick after May 29 baffle me,PMB might not be the best but he is way better than Gej,we dont have the fx for subsidy period.

4 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by tinsel: 11:23pm On May 11, 2016
Situation then was different from situation now. When Jonathan increased the fuel price, oil price then was about usd100/barrel. So no reason for him to do that.But now oil is about usd38/barrel. W cannot sustain the subsidy any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kaka74: 11:24pm On May 11, 2016
CaptainBomb:
Fvck pdp ... Doesn't stop me from voting for Apc in 2019 ... It is only fool that will not support ths. I don't care , even if Apc stage a protest against jonadumb in 2012.

Hypocrites cannnot enter heaven

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by deolu2000(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2016
Abeg where is philip obin and omajuwa, so they can come and apologise to the millions they misled. For all it's worth abt this govt, i will say they are cowards and propadandist. wat is good for the goose is no more good for the gander?

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Ojayk(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2016
And the prophet said

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Dapsin2901: 11:26pm On May 11, 2016
I love GEJ

7 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 11:26pm On May 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

What as saving from recovered looted funds, TSA etc done so far? am sure what you think you know about SURE -P was read to you on the pages of the newspaper, too bad if you dilute that. As for the SURE-P, it was a very successful scheme which i 100% aware of, i cant count how many Osun state indigene that benefitted from that scheme. You need to find out more about a scheme before you allow other peoples interest to confuse your direction.

Your comment about the economic effect of the fall in the global oil price further shows lapses about the reality on ground. I wrote an article about "how other oil producing countries are benefitting from the fall in global oil price" and why Nigeria is lagging behind. Bro the fall is not the problem but our economic policies "on a fixed economy" instead of a floating one to keep the parallel market in balance. I dont think i have much time to start explaining this, but i will advice you study before you write an exam.

Now ask yourself this question, the continous negative value of over-recovery on PPRA website, what does it signifies? please find out. If they claim to remove subsidy, why controlling the landing cost? please find out too.

Bro, President Buhari's economic policy "is dead on arrival".
i agree with you on allowing the market to float,but sure p was just for PDP grass root members,if it was successful how come they stopped paying immediately Gej lost,last time sure p was paid was b4 the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by limitless777(m): 11:26pm On May 11, 2016
grin
Segadem:
...in the book of Hezekiah chapter 41 verse 9 says
" blessed are those who did not expect much for they shall not be disappointed" cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

bros I no fit laff. but is there any bible book like Hezekiah chapter 49?

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by free13: 11:28pm On May 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Bollinger(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Meaning? That the gworo chewing fulani terrorist is the best thing that has happened to mankind after slice bread? Even OBJ who navigated the ship that brought him to power was lamenting how poor the dullard is in matters of governance and economics, so what the heck do you mean? If he is your messiah, then Goodluck!

Obviously you did not read or comprehend what i wrote. Nigeria has never had one descent leader since independence. You all have been cheated from the birth of the country. I have not said one leader is or was better than the other. They are all the same, outdoing each other on who can be worse. What is shocking to me is you not realizing this and praying for the return of Jonathan, one the worst of the worst in Nigeria's history. He was so incompetent it is still mind boggling to me.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by limitless777(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2016
emmatuxz:
Vacancy!!! PROTESTERS NEEDED! Are you an experienced protester? Did you protest during the anti- fuel-subsidy-removal or anti- subsidy-fuel-removal at Ojota? Do you know how to blame GEJ? Can you lie like Lai Mohammed? Then this job is for you! Resume at Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota tomorrow by 7am. Great musicians like Fela, Dagrin, Vic O etc will be there to thrill the audience. Why are we protesting? PMS is now N145. What do we want? #BringBackOurSubsidy

bros ona no go kill person with laff for Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Lionsclaw: 11:30pm On May 11, 2016
I know lots of persons who were raking in 2012 about GEJs wickedness. I still see them today and they look so dumb in the face of current developments.
It amazes me to see that every of their action is based on what Tinubu says and does, they have no kind of their own. Talk of the real definition of zombie

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 11:31pm On May 11, 2016
SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it.[/b]
masseratti:
i agree with you on allowing the market to float,but sure p was just for PDP grass root members,if it was successful how come they stopped paying immediately Gej lost,last time sure p was paid was b4 the presidential election.

SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it. Your Questions is already an answer to itself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by steppin: 11:34pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:

Story for the gods.

4 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Segadem(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2016
limitless777:

grin

bros I no fit laff. but is there any bible book like Hezekiah chapter 49?
Mr man is a joke oh
...and if u put the chapter number and the verse number together, it will give u 419

3 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Blackkie: 11:35pm On May 11, 2016
Am enjoying a track from Fela - Zombie, O Zombie - Zombie ooo Zombie

One by one dem don dey talk.

3 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 11:36pm On May 11, 2016
swagaholic:
GEJ is a great man!!
yea! a great thief and fantastically corrupt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by steppin: 11:37pm On May 11, 2016
disloman:
When I read people's comment,I just dey laugh.I beg oooo. Protesting is still no a crime under 1999 constitution.Those who do not accept this subsidy removal can go ahead.Some people didn't know the cause of the ojota protest.Make I just dey sip my zobo and be looking ooooo.PMB!!! You rock joor.
Congo! What was the cause? Small kid.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 11:39pm On May 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it.[/b]

SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it. Your Questions is already an answer to itself
oh oga please tell that to the young lads and ladies at the toll gate last year,where is their money,the bank i transact with,it was an open knowlegde,anytime they come in to collect their stipends if you dont have the PDP ID card or you are not confirmed by either the ward chairman,sec or leader,you are not paid,explain what part of the programme you are in and enlighten me,am ready to learn,atleast thats what i saw and I confirmed from the branch head of ops.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:40pm On May 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Am sure what you think you know about SURE -P was read to you on the pages of the newspaper, too bad if you dilute that. As for the SURE-P, it was a very successful scheme which i'm 100% aware of
First, what is wrong with reading info on the pages of newspaper I don't even understand the essence of that line. Are the things you know about Buhari's regime not also things you read on the pages of newspapers?? undecided Abi you be FG official

And you say SURE-P was very successful?? How do the following amount to success??

[video]: Duped SURE-P Employees Protest In
Lagos: www.nairaland.com/2293599/video-duped-sure-p-employees-protest

Aggrieved SURE-P staff protest over
N4.9bn fraud
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/aggrieved-sure-p-staff-protest-over-n4-9bn-fraud/

Nigeria: Applicants Allege Fraud in SURE-P/
FERMA Recruitment
allafrica.com/stories/201507070085.html

These are but a few indicators of what a "success" SURE-P was according to you.

And as per your last line: it is yet to be proven the policy is a failure under Buhari when it hasn't been given the test of time. Saying so only makes you sound too emotional- the sort of people I hate to engage around here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2016
masseratti:
oh oga please tell that to the young lads and ladies at the toll gate last year,where is their money,the bank i transact with,it was an open knowlegde,anytime they come in to collect their stipends if you dont have the PDP ID card or you are not confirmed by either the ward chairman,sec or leader,you are not paid,explain what part of the programme you are in and enlighten me,am ready to learn,atleast thats what i saw and I confirmed from the branch head of ops.

Since you already have your convinced comfirmation, mine will be vague....cheers

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 11:46pm On May 11, 2016
Lionsclaw:
I know lots of persons who were raking in 2012 about GEJs wickedness. I still see them today and they look so dumb in the face of current developments.
It amazes me to see that every of their action is based on what Tinubu says and does, they have no kind of their own. Talk of the real definition of zombie
how much was the dollar in 2012?how much was price of crude oil in 2012?how many barrel oil was Nigeria producing in 2012?how much did FG made in 2012 compared to the last one year,with a the money people are confessing they took,from Dasukigate 2.1billion dollars now we are in Allisongate reportedly over 10 billion dollars,fantastic thieves.Am not saying PMB is the best but Gej fall my hand too much,from his back ground,he could av done better.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 11, 2016
Pidggin:
grin Una eye go clear one by one

In fact their eye go see their ear.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Unfathomable: 11:49pm On May 11, 2016
otitokoroleti:
when will NgeneUkwenu, Omenka, & Obailala apologize? Mr. meshinoye, when will you too apologize for that your wrong joke about the fuel price? Im sure that youve seen the reality now, its unfortunate that some people that have experience of living in advanced country still fall for cheap scam from APC & allow sentiments overrule their conscience.

I bet you all these names you've mentioned will reappear in 2018 giving stupid reasons why zombies should support and vote buhari with the strangest stories of the administration's phantom achievements. its time we stop these selfish cocks who go about their sycophancy in such a shameless manner from directing our consciences. After pocketing their miserly fee..they invade the cyber space to mislead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 11:50pm On May 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Since you already have your convinced comfirmation, mine will be vague....cheers
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra: Ogidi Police Station Attacked By Unknown Gunmen - Pics / Abacha's Daughter, Zainab Yakubu Lado Dan Marke Endorses Atiku - Photos / Buhari Replaces Bashir Abubakar With Idris Kassim Ahmed, Chief Security Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.