Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan (49018 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / PA Ikhide Welcome Aisha To America(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by refreshrate: 6:39am On May 12, 2016
babestella:

Please stop this, you are too big this kind of reasoning.

When crude oil price was coming down, didn't APC say the price of petrol should come down even lower than the price of crude oil?

Now that we have crude oil price at less than $40 why are we not at least buying Petrol at N50 per liter, but no we buy at 86.5 official and average of 150 per liter across the country. Now Nigerians will be buying at 145 and you are here giving lame explanation. A beg pack well.

Part I don't even understand is why he's using two variants (cost of fuel at the pump & the economy) interchangeably
Also why you are stressing yourself replying his post.
...trust me you're better than that
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:45am On May 12, 2016
freeze001:

You amaze me with the level of trust and confidence you repose in the person of Buhari, not in institutional infrastructure and systems designed to check corruption and theft but just in the person. You practically grovel in obeisance like he's some infallible god.

You're confident he has good intentions for whom? What do those intentions amount to without a strong institutions to translate the so called good intentions to tangible beneficial projects for the people? Will he personally administer discharge and utilise funds? Who gives a flying hoot about his much touted 'body language'? What is in place to ensure transparency and competence in delivery of service to the people other than ur belief in the saintly and godlike persona which you have cast him in? Do u honestly believe he's in complete control of his government?

I like the way u say 'I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through...' like you aren't one of them or you aren't affected. That is the same outlook and mentality of the elite who govern because they are insulated from the real biting and painful circumstances which the masses feel so empathy is gone with the winds...

You people should be honest with yourselves for once in your lives. Is all this opposition to the policy borne out of an unbiased appraisal of its consequences or is it about the "pull Buhari down at all cost and all opportunity" MO you've dedicated the next four years to??

Ask yourselves- when last did you buy fuel at the controlled price of N86?? Haven't you lot been the ones coming over here to wail endlessly day after day about the cost of gasoline?? What difference does it make making what you've been paying official?? What is the sense in complaining about government announcing it would be sold for 145 when you have been buying at that rate for the last three months?? Some of you even claimed N400. cheesy

Perhaps you guys have been lying to members of the forum- and yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Timular: 6:46am On May 12, 2016
GEJ is somewhere laughing Nigerians. now I know the real meaning of the saying,the devil u know is better than angel u do not know.naija is in mess
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 6:46am On May 12, 2016
otitokoroleti:
when will NgeneUkwenu, Omenka, & Obailala apologize? Mr. meshinoye, when will you too apologize for that your wrong joke about the fuel price? Im sure that youve seen the reality now, its unfortunate that some people that have experience of living in advanced country still fall for cheap scam from APC & allow sentiments overrule their conscience.
add BeremX to that list too
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by seunajia: 6:49am On May 12, 2016
My faith in this administration remains unwavering. I understand that tough decisions have to be made. The subsidy regime cannot continue. Government does not regulate the price of cars or rent or even tomatoes in the market so it has no business regulating the price of oil. What it must ensure is regular supply of unadulterated products and consumer protection through DPR.

The Jonathan administration may have perhaps sincerely thought in this direction too, but the former president and people around had a bad reputation.

I hope this dust settles soon so we can concentrate on the promise of infrastructure development.

If Buhari fails, surely, we all have failed, including those who don't want him.

3 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by OlujobaSamuel: 6:54am On May 12, 2016
I can't believe such an old learned man would be so dumb to be used in a protest that requires you to personally appraise the event.
pls, no one should bring the excuse of gej was
protested against because he is a minority. He was
fought for and installed by this same set of people, his
regime in few months recorded astronomical increase
in subsidy payment with no tenable explanation, with
the removal done on Jan 1st, so many things that
could propel one to join a protest against it then.
pa bubu, which kind nonsensical nonsense be this, am
for subsidy removal, but not when you can't protect
our pipelines to give our refinery crude for our
consumption, abi kachukwu a fashola don dey tell you
nonsense talk, abeg there is poverty in the land, it's
not yet time to run a capitalist system.
All the nonsense union will not come out now, na to
dey carry placards defend politicians eating their
destiny and that of their generations unborn so that
their own(politicians) generation will not leave the path
of stealing. Nans, asup, ASUU, and every other
academic union including professional bodies, you
won't defend this ooo. God sees you all.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by mobaking: 6:58am On May 12, 2016
Wailers should go and occupy ojota and stop masturbating.At least zombies were brave enough to protest at ojota.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by MrAdetunjiBayo: 6:59am On May 12, 2016
Dcomrade:
Omenka passingshot

I want to know your opinion as a citizen(not as a party Rep) on the fuel subsidy removal?
Tnx.

Pa ikhide is just a useless ipod that wants us to bring back the "ineffecturalist babuffon"! We yoruba muslim stand with Baba Buhari. Buhari till 4570! Say Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by freeze001(f): 7:05am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
You people should be honest with yourselves for once in your lives. Is all this opposition to the policy borne out of an unbiased appraisal of its consequences or is it about the "pull Buhari down at all cost and all opportunity" MO you've dedicated the next four years to??

Ask yourselves- when last did you buy fuel at the controlled price of N86?? Haven't you lot been the ones coming over here to wail endlessly day after day about the cost of gasoline?? What difference does it make making what you've been paying official?? What is the sense in complaining about government announcing it would be sold for 145 when you have been buying at that rate for the last three months?? Some of you even claimed N400. cheesy

Perhaps you guys have been lying to members of the forum- and yourselves.

Typical...u didn't address even one point in my post, u just went off tangent talking of nothing related to my post. Well done, keep dodging, u will definitely get caught up in the lies you all concoct and spin!

Where is the system in place for different or better governance? What rules and policies have changed towards better people-oriented goals? What good is a government that has no solution beyond calling it's suffering citizens members of the opposition for complaining of hardship? What good is a President that makes it patently clear that he only cares more for those who gave him more votes? I can go on and on but y'all ain't worth it...

When the time of reckoning comes we will all tell our stories. You say u guys have been lying about cost of petrol? Did u not also buy? Do u not witness the constant queues? Do you not know the black market rates of petrol?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2016
freeze001:

Typical...u didn't address even one point in my post, u just went off tangent talking of nothing related to my post. Well done, keep dodging, u will definitely get caught up in the lies you all concoct and spin!

Where is the system in place for different or better governance? What rules and policies have changed towards better people-oriented goals? What good is a government that has no solution beyond calling it's suffering citizens members of the opposition for complaining of hardship? What good is a President that makes it patently clear that he only cares more for those who gave him more votes? I can go on and on but y'all ain't worth it...

When the time of reckoning comes we will all tell our stories.
Then wait for the time of reckoning and stop bothering me with your endless whining.

Even when the policies are made into a fist and used to whack you in the face and that knocks you out- when you come to, you'd still ask "where is the policy". You've sworn not to EVER see anything good in the admin and I'm not about wasting one more juole of energy in my fingers to make you think otherwise- I understand what a wild goose chase that would be.

Even lucky I dignified your first trash with a response. I thought you said I feel too big about myself and I'm best ignored- what prompted the change of heart today?? undecided
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ibarapa(m): 7:18am On May 12, 2016
[Have said it severally , gbogbo eni to dibo fun APC lo ma ge ika yen je , they will surely regret it grin
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by annnikky(f): 7:18am On May 12, 2016
D dullard.com {Bubu} just left osibanjo n kachikwu to deal with d outcome of his silly announcement n zoom out to London cos he knew d@ nijerians will be furious at d price of d fuel.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by fortunechy(m): 7:18am On May 12, 2016
dullard himself...

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 7:22am On May 12, 2016
CaptainBomb:
Fvck pdp ... Doesn't stop me from voting for Apc in 2019 ... It is only fool that will not support ths. I don't care , even if Apc stage a protest against jonadumb in 2012.

You seem to love poverty, lack and sorrow. No wonder you'll vote for APC again. Enjoy your status.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by freeze001(f): 7:23am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Then wait for the time of reckoning and stop bothering me with your endless whining.

Even when the policies are made into a fist and used to whack you in the face and that knocks you out- when you come to, you'd still ask "where is the policy". You've sworn not to EVER see anything good in the admin and I'm not about wasting one more juole of energy in my fingers to make you think otherwise- I understand what a wild goose chase that would be.

Even lucky I dignified your first trash with a response. I thought you said I feel too big about myself and I'm best ignored- what prompted the change of heart today?? undecided

First off, lies take u nowhere other than down. Secondly u are such a petty kid! Goodness gracious! You actually felt pained by the thrashing u received that day? You even still remember? So much that u had to raise it here where it's totally unrelated? You remember that part about a pesky toilet fly that doesn't realise it's place? You just reminded me of it again...how do you do it? You are such a cry baby...see you being rude and insulting now but you'll be first to cry foul when u get hit!

Change of heart? Unlike you, I hold no grudges, I tell u as it is and move on just like I did in quoting u but u just has to go all glum n petty like a spoilt child. You're absolutely certifiable! It's obvious that thread n my comments in particular are the Bible u live by these days...please bookmark and refer to it everyday cos it will really improve your lot. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:36am On May 12, 2016
freeze001:

First off, lies take u nowhere other than down. Secondly u are such a petty kid! Goodness gracious! You actually felt pained by the thrashing u received that day? You even still remember? So much that u had to raise it here where it's totally unrelated? You remember that part about a pesky toilet fly that doesn't realise it's place? You just reminded me of it again...how do you do it? You are such a cry baby...see you being rude and insulting now but you'll be first to cry foul when u get hit!

Change of heart? Unlike you, I hold no grudges, I tell u as it is and move on just like I did in quoting u but u just has to go all glum n petty like a spoilt child. You're absolutely certifiable! It's obvious that thread n my comments in particular are the Bible u live by these days...please bookmark and refer to it everyday cos it will really improve your lot. cheesy grin
Here's what William Moyers has to say about folks like you:

"It's funny, in a human kind of way, how we can
convinces ourselves that we're in control at the
very moment we are beginning to lose it.".

Do not bookmark this- print it and carry it in your purse everywhere you go. Hold it our and mull over it every few minutes- it is he antidote you need to keep you from going over the cliff.

Will leave my shadow behind by the way..

Best of luck. wink
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Themandator: 7:37am On May 12, 2016
For an n man like you to be sent by Tinubu means you have a price which he paid.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omonla555: 7:40am On May 12, 2016
IPOB marchant
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by repogirl(f): 7:48am On May 12, 2016
Lmao!!!! Inebriated Alaka! cheesy

Zombie eyes don tear wide open!

SAI CHAINS OOOOO!!!!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by masseratti: 7:51am On May 12, 2016
Reference:

Trying to have your cake and eat it. Is your postulation not the reason why the Naira and the economy has gone south. Do you save when you have abundance or when things are scarce and tight? For your information poverty is not a lack of resources but a misuse of opportunity. We had a chance to save priceless forex but we blew it. If subsidies had been removed then even the high level corruption surrounding the past government will have been mitigated due to paucity of fluid funds to steal and pressure by an angered populace for better governance.
I dont understand what you wrote there?you are not here nor there,explain to me like am 5.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kenoz(m): 7:54am On May 12, 2016
grin
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by yhellow(m): 8:16am On May 12, 2016
Wat a country!!! Why can't he fix refinery before removing subsidy. Nigerians are suffering, no light,everything is expensive, no money in circulation. APC is the biggest scam of all time, they arrested people that can mobilize people for protest, this govt get sense. But God is watching
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Deen77: 8:26am On May 12, 2016
Pavarottii:
Some people will still defend buhari after all these. And with this increase other stations apart from NNPC will sell above 145.

All the effort to refine locally because no more foreign exchange to finance importation are been shattered by the Avengers, blowing up pipelines that supply crude to refineries.

Ask PDP why for 16 years they never plan to stop importation of fuel an essential commodities. They wasted our foreign exchange on importation and subsidies payment, that is why they could not embark on any big projects.

Imagine the trillion naira subsidies payment for the last 6 year's be expand on projects and economy if they have build refinery in their first 10 year's power.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Deen77: 8:29am On May 12, 2016
nameo:

I think you are thinking upside down, Bros
I think you are, with Oil boom at $100+, why can't we build refinery and refine locally for 16 year's of PDP.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by cckris: 8:34am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

Well, the youths of Kano can't wait for long.

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Deen77: 8:36am On May 12, 2016
TRUTHaDDICT:
For where? The die hard zombies will remain confortable with it. May God punish anyone who have seen the truth about these fake change but refused to speak up.

God we punish those that destroy this country who keep on importing petroleum products instead of building a refinery to refine locally for 16 year's.

We have crude only to refine locally we keep importing to pay subsidies to criminal fuel importers who finance there party.

Imagine investing the last 5 years trillion naira subsidies payment to our economy if we have a refinery within the 10 year's of PDP government.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by cckris: 8:44am On May 12, 2016
Deen77:

I think you are, with Oil boom at $100+, why can't we build refinery and refine locally for 16 year's of PDP.
If you've ever come close to NNPC, you'll know that, like NEPA, these are irremediably INSTITUTIONALISED centres of corruption, such that its better to throw tons of ice blocks into the sand dunes of hot Sahara desert, than to invest in NNPC. And the bureaucrats there are rich enough to scuttle any attempt to restructure the status quo.

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Agbashi: 9:19am On May 12, 2016
Nigerian were good and expert in protest during Goodluck. What is happening now?
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Pavarottii(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2016
Deen77:

All the effort to refine locally because no more foreign exchange to finance importation are been shattered by the Avengers, blowing up pipelines that supply crude to refineries.

Ask PDP why for 16 years they never plan to stop importation of fuel an essential commodities. They wasted our foreign exchange on importation and subsidies payment, that is why they could not embark on any big projects.

Imagine the trillion naira subsidies payment for the last 6 year's be expand on projects and economy if they have build refinery in their first 10 year's power.
Where were u wen GEJ wanted to take off subsidy to use d money to work on and build refineries. Go and check our non-oil revenue from 2010 to 2014 and see if GEJ didn't do well in diversifying our economy. Am sure u even praised Femi Adesina for his good work in the Agric sector. Diversification has been going on doesn't mean u shouldn't try and make more money from oil.
Tell me one step after a year that buhari has taken in d diversification of the economy?
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Pavarottii(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2016
Deen77:

God we punish those that destroy this country who keep on importing petroleum products instead of building a refinery to refine locally for 16 year's.

We have crude only to refine locally we keep importing to pay subsidies to criminal fuel importers who finance there party.

Imagine investing the last 5 years trillion naira subsidies payment to our economy if we have a refinery within the 10 year's of PDP government.
God will also punish all those that fought against GEJ removal of subsidy. Well God is already punishing APC. As long as they deceived Nigerians and told lies and propaganda against a good man GEJ. They will never av it rosy 4 their 4years. It will be from one problem to d other for buhari and APC. They will never av high revenue generation like GEJ enjoyed.
God does not sleep nor slumber.

Quote me anywhere.

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Bollinger(m): 9:38am On May 12, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Yes it will be mind boggling to you because you have brainwashed to think like a Zombie. It will take God himself to help you because even when its been put before your very eyes, you will still not see it. My only prayer is that there will still be some vestiges of human life in the south by the end of buharis reing of terror!

It is unfortunate that your infantile brain cannot comprehend that all these problems didn't just start today. It's been going on for half a century and it has come to its head. You are talking like Nigeria was an eldorado state and Buhari came and destroyed it. Ol'boy, go and learn your history.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2016
jaybee:

yam eater spotted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / "Senator Dino Melaye Was Discharged Fit From Hospital" - Abubakar Sidiq Usman / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Thisday Journalist (read Their Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.