Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan (49027 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / PA Ikhide Welcome Aisha To America(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 11, 2016
UmuEri:
When Buhari finishes with this country, you will beg Gej to come take over
i day tell you

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
First, what is wrong with reading info on the pages of newspaper I don't even understand the essence of that line. Are the things you know about Buhari's regime not also things you read on the pages of newspapers?? undecided Abi you be FG official

And you say SURE-P was very successful?? How do the following amount to success??

[video]: Duped SURE-P Employees Protest In
Lagos: www.nairaland.com/2293599/video-duped-sure-p-employees-protest

Aggrieved SURE-P staff protest over
N4.9bn fraud
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/aggrieved-sure-p-staff-protest-over-n4-9bn-fraud/

Nigeria: Applicants Allege Fraud in SURE-P/
FERMA Recruitment
allafrica.com/stories/201507070085.html

These are but a few indicators of what a "success" SURE-P was according to you.

And as per your last line: it is yet to be proven the policy is a failure under Buhari when it hasn't been given the test of time. Saying so only makes you sound too emotional- the sort of people I hate to engage around here.

As per your exacerbated links, it will be a fiasco frenza for me to respond to them. I dont think i have such time for media precipitation's. I still insist that SURE-P is a very successful scheme which i will advice this "weightless" administration to adopt.

If you cannot understand my simple and analytical points, i fear what you think you know. If you cannot understand my questions regarding the said policies, am afraid i cant be of help. you only see the perfume on the surface of the casket but the root in it, you are just carried away.

If you can seperate "intellects" and emotions" it will go a long way in helping your analytical skills....cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by nameo: 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
tinsel:
Situation then was different from situation now. When Jonathan increased the fuel price, oil price then was about usd100/barrel. So no reason for him to do that.But now oil is about usd38/barrel. W cannot sustain the subsidy any longer.

I think you are thinking upside down, Bros

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by mandax: 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
luvinhubby:
'These are the same people that made me and Omoyele Sowore dance as ancient fools in front of IMF & world bank'.

grin grin grin grin grin

Wailers form don finish ooo, we no wan new members!! cheesy

Lalalsticlala come follow your bros laugh here ooo!

Na Lie, we have to print more forms to admit more and more and more WAILERS to be.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Dcomrade(m): 11:56pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
First off, I'm a party supporter and not a Rep. Be clear on that.

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

This stuff would pan out beautifully, I believe so.
Nice analysis.....just that APC never told us the journey won't be smooth like you are making us to believe now.

I used Rep to mean same as a supporter, apologies if I got you confused with my use of Rep!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:58pm On May 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

As per your exacerbated links, it will be a fiasco frenza for me to respond to them. I dont think i have such time for media precipitation's. I still insist that SURE-P is a very successful scheme which i will advice this "weightless" administration to adopt.

If you cannot understand my simple and analytical points, i fear what you think you know. If you cannot understand my questions regarding the said policies, am afraid i cant be of help. you only see the perfume on the surface of the casket but the root in it, you are just carried away.

If you can seperate "intellects" and emotions" it will go a long way in helping your analytical skills....cheers

Oh please... You are overly emotional jor. I've shown proof that is was a failure but all you could come up with is "I insist it was a success". cheesy

Good night jor.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by disloman(m): 12:02am On May 12, 2016
steppin:

Congo! What was the cause? Small kid.
Go and ask the eldest in your family.If he/she can't,then I will.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by shegra58: 12:02am On May 12, 2016
UmuEri:
God forbid bad things not Gej again angry

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by cckris: 12:04am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.
Shameless! And as HEARTLESS as Buhari himself.
The gross corruption of ROUND TRIP of Forex, which Buhari sells to his tribesmen & cronies at 199, who then resell to importers at 400, is the worst kind of corruption. You know the details.
Then add to the mix, the tacit SUPPORT of Fulani jihadists who know which Christians towns are strategic to MASSACRE. So well-planned & well-funded that Buhari quickly lie to Nigerians that these jihadists are foreigners, even as Buhari is making efforts to CONFISCATE other peoples' tribal lands to handover to the same Fulanis he claims are foreigners. And all this in just 12 months.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by amdoyin82(m): 12:05am On May 12, 2016
Nothing dey happen joor.. Subsidy or no subsidy. Nigerians will always adapt.. D best bet is to cut ur coat. There is a big mystery behind the so called fuel subsidy which is not so clear to many. But in my own opinion, I think subsidy must go to save Nigerians from billions of dollars being distributed among the oil cabals.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 12:06am On May 12, 2016
For where? The die hard zombies will remain confortable with it. May God punish anyone who have seen the truth about these fake change but refused to speak up.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Kaldakinn: 12:06am On May 12, 2016
Shuo!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 12:08am On May 12, 2016
Bollinger:

Obviously you did not read or comprehend what i wrote. Nigeria has never had one descent leader since independence. You all have been cheated from the birth of the country. I have not said one leader is or was better than the other. They are all the same, outdoing each other on who can be worse. What is shocking to me is you not realizing this and praying for the return of Jonathan, one the worst of the worst in Nigeria's history. He was so incompetent it is still mind boggling to me.

I agree with you that Nigeria has not had one decent (real) leader since independence But I disagree with you that Jonathan was incompetent. The truth is that a 'section of the media' portrayed him as incompetent. Those who hated Jonathan used their media to repeatedly Damage his government, and more people are beginning to realize their folly e.g Pa Ikhide. Jonathan's achievements were suppressed by the media while boko haram's atrocities were 'glorified' by the hateful group that controls the media. In summary, the northerners created boko terrorists while western media 'glorified' their atrocities. Please, Jonathan wasn't incompetent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by nwakibie3(m): 12:09am On May 12, 2016
My question still remains that "for the population of over 160million people full of intellects, best brains and professionals, buhari is the capable hand Nigerians see that will preside over them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by maxwell767(m): 12:14am On May 12, 2016
This is a form of government I called KAKISTOMOBOTOCRACY grin

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Bollinger(m): 12:16am On May 12, 2016
Realman87:

I agree with you that Nigeria has not had one decent (real) leader since independence But I disagree with you that Jonathan was incompetent. The truth is that a 'section of the media' portrayed him as incompetent. Those who hated Jonathan used their media to repeatedly Damage his government, and more people are beginning to realize their folly e.g Pa Ikhide. Jonathan's achievements were suppressed by the media while boko haram's atrocities were 'glorified' by the hateful group that controls the media. In summary, the northerners created boko terrorists while western media 'glorified' their atrocities. Please, Jonathan wasn't incompetent.

Obviously we are not going to agree on this issue.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ibitzbarlow(m): 12:21am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

You probably under-estimate the level of hardship already existent in the country. Grammar and paper logic wont ease the hardship currently experienced in this country. Personally, I am in support of subsidy removal but the timing and other economic indices must be right for it to be effective and people-friendly.
This is Nigeria today :
Inflation is in double digits, power availability is at an all-time low ( 3hours - a- day power supply is hard to come by in my area in benin), Civil servants are hardly paid ( those regularly paid mostly receive half salaries), no infrastructures ( every landlord provides his water via borehole, most roads are not motorable ), taxes are always going up at all levels, unemployment is still prevalent, violence is a common thing in every state, retrenchment of workers done on daily basis, high exchange rates and many more negatives . Anti-corruption on the otherhand seems to be the only positive in the country today.

As Nigerians are grappling with reduced earnings, increased operating costs/ taxes and poor infrastructure , the least they need from the Govt is this hike in pump price occasioned by the subsidy removal until a time when the economy improves.

N/B: If you are the bread-winner of your family (or you have so many dependants) you will understand my reasoning and maybe feel my pains.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Mcponpin(m): 12:28am On May 12, 2016
The Road to Nigeria's Delusion and Demagoguery - A people's determination to self destruct!
When Jonathan tried the deregulation policy in January 2012, his price was N141 per litre.
The price of crude oil was then $111.67 per barrel!
We occupied Nigeria!
Pastor Bakare, Fashola, Tinubu, All came out to lead protesters...
The usual school of exposed but dim witted abroadians also demonstrated, abroad.
However then, a basket of tomatoes was N3, 000, per basket, price of rice, N6, 000 per bag.
Today, Buhari has done his own deregulation. Fuel price is fixed at N145 per litre.
But the price of crude oil is just $46.00 per barrel.
Will Nigeria be occupied??

I don't think so.
We are under a spell.

Pastor Tunde Bakare, Bola Tinubu, Fashola are all in this Buhari's government, one way or the other.
Price of tomatoes, jumped from N4,000 to N18,000 per basket!
Price of a bag of rice, jumped from N7,000 a bag to N14,000 a bag!
All, within ONE YEAR!!

Will the usual school of abroadians, nurtured in hypocrisy and gullibility, now begin to talk...!??
That is the question they themselves will begin to answer in the usual way of making a mockery of themselves..

Last week, one of these ones, told me, it is for a while; Nigeria is going to be better he said.
So I say to him,
Since you have this very strong convictions about Nigeria's future under this government, WHY DON'T YOU JUST PACK YOUR STUFF AND JUST COME BACK HOME, NOW!?
Like he heard me, but pretended he didn't....

Such is the idiocy of their thinking.

And to the Nigerian Buharists.....
You will now be engrossed with yet another little matter of simple mental sums - if crude oil was $111.67 when Jonathan deregulated at N141 per litre, what should the price of crude oil be now that Buhari has deregulated at N145 pee litre!
It is quite a simple "Simultaneous" equation.

And if you would rather it is a "Quadratic" one, try this simple question:
Bearing in mind, that, all other indices remain Not constant, in fact a double digit inflation, crippling economy, tripled foodstuffs prices, justify your position as a continuous, non thinking herd, in the cattle ranch of the Life Patron of the Umbrella body of all Fulani herdsmen, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, and answer....!

DO you Not now, have more than enough reasons, through empirical Mathematical equations, to OCCUPY NIGERIA!?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by totorimi: 12:37am On May 12, 2016
I just pray that those who have nothing to loose don't throw this nation into crisis before they fade away with their wicked hearts.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by x12345678x: 12:40am On May 12, 2016
Mcponpin:
The Road to Nigeria's Delusion and Demagoguery - A people's determination to self destruct!
When Jonathan tried the deregulation policy in January 2012, his price was N141 per litre.
We occupied Nigeria!
The usual school of exposed but dim witted abroadians also demonstrated, abroad.
However then, a basket of tomatoes was N3, 000, per basket, price of rice, N6, 000 per bag.
Today, Buhari has done his own deregulation. Fuel price is fixed at N145 per litre.

I don't think so.
We are under a spell.

Pastor Tunde Bakare, Bola Tinubu, Fashola are all in this Buhari's government, one way or the other.
All, within ONE YEAR!!

Will the usual school of abroadians, nurtured in hypocrisy and gullibility, now begin to talk...!??
That is the question they themselves will begin to answer in the usual way of making a mockery of themselves..

Last week, one of these ones, told me, it is for a while; Nigeria is going to be better he said.
So I say to him,
Since you have this very strong convictions about Nigeria's future under this government, WHY DON'T YOU JUST PACK YOUR STUFF AND JUST COME BACK HOME, NOW!?

You will now be engrossed with yet another little matter of simple mental sums - if crude oil was $111.67 when Jonathan deregulated at N141 per litre, what should the price of crude oil be now that Buhari has deregulated at N145 pee litre!

Bearing in mind, that, all other indices remain Not constant, in fact a double digit inflation, crippling economy, tripled foodstuffs prices, justify your position as a continuous, non thinking herd, in the cattle ranch of the Life Patron of the Umbrella body of all Fulani herdsmen, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, and answer....!

DO you Not now, have more than enough reasons, through empirical Mathematical equations, to OCCUPY NIGERIA!?
I couldn't have written anyfyn remotely as gud as dis. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Akainzo(m): 12:52am On May 12, 2016
5starmilitant:
Gej has a good heart. Even though the protest was sponsored by apc, Gej still revised his decision because of the masses. But buhari doesn't give a shit about the masses, he's a very stubborn goat.

Na wa for people o! APC that was formed in 2014 sponsored in a protest in 2012! Was it a scene from Back to the Future?
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Akainzo(m): 1:06am On May 12, 2016
Mcponpin:
We occupied Nigeria!

I don't think so.
We are under a spell.

All, within ONE YEAR!!

So I say to him,

Let me also ask you the mathematical sum. How much was the dollar when GEJ deregulated and how much is the dollar now?

Imagine that we paid N1.2tln as subsidy in 2011 alone, that was $10Bln. (Imagine how many refineries could have been built with this amount!)

Now to your famed mathematics, GEJ's 141/l at Official rate(120/$) is $1.18/l; at Black Market rate (180/$) was $0.78/l
The present price of 145/l at official rate (199/$) is $0.73/l and at Black market rate (320/l) is $0.45/l.

This implies that fuel in real terms cost less now and reflects the lower cost of crude. However, we now have the advantage of having a Govt that would not squander the savings or steal our commonwealth blind.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by luvinhubby(m): 1:10am On May 12, 2016
mandax:

Na Lie, we have to print more forms to admit more and more and more WAILERS to be.

A nationwide emergency wailers summit is ongoing & the form issue will be addressed.

More forms loading..........85% cheesy
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by luvinhubby(m): 1:14am On May 12, 2016
Mcponpin:
We occupied Nigeria!

I don't think so.
We are under a spell.

All, within ONE YEAR!!

So I say to him,

Where your house dey? I wan visit you with 2 cartons of orijin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by booblacain(m): 1:20am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
...What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

The price of crude oil is about $40 now and petrol is going to be sold for N145, what do you say is going to happen if crude oil price should rise to about $80 in the next few months? Please do not forget that neither Buhari, Osibanjo nor Kachikwu are feeling these so called pinch that the poor would have to go through. Make una grow conscience o.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ststyreal(f): 1:32am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

please people like me don't want to hear anything about APC which u represent. Seeing your handle alone irritate me. No body is interested in your long epistle cos it's only when its done by APC you people will preach sacrifice but when its Jonathan, your APC nonsense of a party will unleash fire. Go and enjoy your fuel subsidy removal and I hope u have visited the market of recent to see the increase in goods. Honestly, u irritate me with this your APC defense. I don't know you and trust me, will never have anything to do with u in this forum as regards to either quoting you or liking your comments as this will be my first and last time to ever have anything to do with your post. You disgust me with this your eye service defense of your so called party.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ststyreal(f): 1:36am On May 12, 2016
buzquet:
great man for mumu's
I will rather be MuMu for Jonathan than be wise with this arrogant and unempathetical president of yours.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ngoziama: 1:58am On May 12, 2016
SleekAboki:
Sowore of Sahara reporters is a known Tinubu boy who's well paid from Lagos state treasury.

Were, ndi ori.Na hurricane katrina go wipe them and their lots soon.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by 400billionman: 2:41am On May 12, 2016
UmuEri:

N145 no be beans o. Was expecting N130..
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 2:51am On May 12, 2016
ststyreal:

please people like me don't want to hear anything about APC which u represent. Seeing your handle alone irritate me. No body is interested in your long epistle cos it's only when its done by APC you people will preach sacrifice but when its Jonathan, your APC nonsense of a party will unleash fire. Go and enjoy your fuel subsidy removal and I hope u have visited the market of recent to see the increase in goods. Honestly, u irritate me with this your APC defense. I don't know you and trust me, will never have anything to do with u in this forum as regards to either quoting you or liking your comments as this will be my first and last time to ever have anything to do with your post. You disgust me with this your eye service defense of your so called party.

Sensible people know not to even mention him in any post. He has finally become an object of ridicule, a proven zombie, someone who will defend his oppression with his own blood. I understand your disgust, he is truly nauseating.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 2:58am On May 12, 2016
nwakibie3:
My question still remains that "for the population of over 160million people full of intellects, best brains and professionals, buhari is the capable hand Nigerians see that will preside over them?

A question everyone would shy away from undecided
Ee b like jazz, we been dey shout, scream, yell and eventually wailed but they were on a one way trip ( which earned them the term Zombies). Today, Na only laugh I go dey laugh. Ee don dey clear them for eye. Let's enjoy this change here and now hohaa!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abacha's Daughter, Zainab Yakubu Lado Dan Marke Endorses Atiku - Photos / Buhari Replaces Bashir Abubakar With Idris Kassim Ahmed, Chief Security Officer / Bola Tinubu Cut His 67th Birthday Cake With His Wife, Others - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.