Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan (49020 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / PA Ikhide Welcome Aisha To America(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by SeanDada1(m): 3:33am On May 12, 2016
5starmilitant:
Gej has a good heart. Even though the protest was sponsored by apc, Gej still revised his decision because of the masses. But buhari doesn't give a shit about the masses, he's a very stubborn goat.

A tyrant and a dictator doesn't give a shit about what the masses feel
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by SeanDada1(m): 3:37am On May 12, 2016
piro4humility:
Them never see anything. This is just the beginning

The beginning of the end... grin
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by SeanDada1(m): 3:42am On May 12, 2016
masseratti:
With all due respect sir,Gej had enough foreign reserve to back oil subsidy,PMB does not,the price of oil has changed,while am not holding fort for PMB ,they should not regulate the price of pms,no bench mark,let the licence for oil import be open for everyone,anyone,let everybody go to the back market to source for FX.

Oil price fell during GEJs administration not now!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by playtheblues(f): 3:46am On May 12, 2016
Buhari and Tinubu are the worst things that ever happened to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by AreaFada2: 3:46am On May 12, 2016
luvinhubby:
'These are the same people that made me and Omoyele Sowore dance as ancient fools in front of IMF & world bank'.

grin grin grin grin grin

Wailers form don finish ooo, we no wan new members!! cheesy

Lalalsticlala come follow your bros laugh here ooo!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I said long ago that Wailer's form will become gold dust. We stopped accepting repentant Zombies long ago.

They should stay where they're and enjoy "chanji".

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by hedgesfun(m): 4:35am On May 12, 2016
it's so disheartening and embarrassing that a man old enough to be somebody's grandfather has to be told or sent to go and protest, he doesn't know what he want for himself or can't take decision of interest about his country? So so sad.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by ehissi(m): 4:36am On May 12, 2016
charles316:

Passingshot is one brilliant man but he is wasting his talent defending everything APC. Could have been nice if he was non partisan.

**** Na aisha's boi boi. Since e chop rice, he must defend APC and their shit whether it makes sense or not.

In other words, he is a rice-eater!? lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by babestella: 4:45am On May 12, 2016
God Bless GEJ, God Bless the 5% who chose to stand with the truth, they have been vindicated.

To those who belong to 5%, May your enemies eat their poo******h the same way APC just had their's with a bottle of origin...... They're back to the subsidy they and their demagogue tinubu fought against in 2012.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by naturalmi: 4:47am On May 12, 2016
If GEJ promised PMS will be 140 then even at $100 per barrel do the Maths and calculate what the equivalent amount will be at $40 per barrel. Is it suppose to be higher or lower. The problem with Nigerians is thinking PMB isn't corrupt. If PDP enters there now, the will still jail APC members for siphoning billions of naira. For me it's just the same Coke put in a Eva water bottle it doesn't change its name from being coke.

tinsel:
Situation then was different from situation now. When Jonathan increased the fuel price, oil price then was about usd100/barrel. So no reason for him to do that.But now oil is about usd38/barrel. W cannot sustain the subsidy any longer.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by babestella: 4:51am On May 12, 2016
Realman87:

I agree with you that Nigeria has not had one decent (real) leader since independence But I disagree with you that Jonathan was incompetent. The truth is that a 'section of the media' portrayed him as incompetent. Those who hated Jonathan used their media to repeatedly Damage his government, and more people are beginning to realize their folly e.g Pa Ikhide. Jonathan's achievements were suppressed by the media while boko haram's atrocities were 'glorified' by the hateful group that controls the media. In summary, the northerners created boko terrorists while western media 'glorified' their atrocities. Please, Jonathan wasn't incompetent.

Your point is apt, the zombies will never agree with you, but it's glaring to all today that APC is an evil cult, a gang up against GEJ with lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by babestella: 4:55am On May 12, 2016
tinsel:
Situation then was different from situation now. When Jonathan increased the fuel price, oil price then was about usd100/barrel. So no reason for him to do that.But now oil is about usd38/barrel. W cannot sustain the subsidy any longer.

Please stop this, you are too big this kind of reasoning.

When crude oil price was coming down, didn't APC say the price of petrol should come down even lower than the price of crude oil?

Now that we have crude oil price at less than $40 why are we not at least buying Petrol at N50 per liter, but no we buy at 86.5 official and average of 150 per liter across the country. Now Nigerians will be buying at 145 and you are here giving lame explanation. A beg pack well.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by 41lady(m): 5:06am On May 12, 2016
Hahahaahahaheheheehehhihihhihihihohohohhohhoh......... cheesy cheesy grin You guys said U need Chain and U are chained now, why complaining. Same with my hausa brothers here in School, there is no blessed day they don't abuse JONA then, especially when we are going to school in school bus, train, or at train station. Now that Buhari government gave banks freelance to charge any rate on master card (debit card), they are the ones now complaining about chanji, I told them, is what you ask that GOD gives, you people ask for heartless leader and he gave you. The reason I said heartless is not far fetch, imagine a leader saying; anybody that can't afford should leave or forget about it, when the government are the one who send almost all the northerners schooling abroad on scholarship and are still study, some half way, some are just waiting for thesis defense while some final exams. For some of us, who are self sponsor, we are in a deep blue sea because most of us budgeted based on NGN160/USD1 exchange rate and banks now charge us NGN370 to NGN400/USD1, I am not exaggerating, ask any other person that operate with Firstbank, GT and do withdraw abroad. But because GOD is Merciful, man must survive, HE makes a way where itseems to be no way, we are going to finish, even if buhari likes or not. In Niger delta Avengers voice "buhari is not GOD to stop our destiny"

The APC supporters here have become Almajiri, they came with their wives and children because JONA government do pay them huge amount to study abroad, some married additional wife, but unfortunate, the hardship inflicted by PMB government makes them to start sending their wives & children back to Naija. Prior, when the arab country do give them allowance but no more because they discovered Nigerians do use the money to marry additional wife when they that give them the money only have one wife, they don't care about them again and stop giving then, they only thing they help them is free food in the mosque during ramadah. The people are like my igbo brothers now, they are after who pay them money (Tuition fee) whether you are buddhist, hindu, Christian or free thinker, they don't care about religion like the way my hausa brothers are using religion to tarnish the image of their fellow Nigerians here.

However, the problem is no matter how, APC supporters will not change because they believe, it is haram for any section to rule the country Nigeria, so I think division of Nigeria is better for the populace and masses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by slap1(m): 5:09am On May 12, 2016
RichDad1:
Who is he?
A mere attention seeker.

If you don't know Pa Ikhide, kindly google him up or shut up. He has more attention locally and internationally than you may ever get!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by slap1(m): 5:10am On May 12, 2016
Noneroone:
A sophisticated writer decieved by an illiterate drug baron

As in eh! My own Pa Ikhide! cry
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by miqos02(m): 5:15am On May 12, 2016
hmmm
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Armstrong1975: 5:27am On May 12, 2016
who is going to to help in my dream, na Buhari I dey fight with for dream in d filling station.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by BeardedMeat(m): 5:39am On May 12, 2016
Bollinger:

Obviously you did not read or comprehend what i wrote. Nigeria has never had one descent leader since independence. You all have been cheated from the birth of the country. I have not said one leader is or was better than the other. They are all the same, outdoing each other on who can be worse. What is shocking to me is you not realizing this and praying for the return of Jonathan, one the worst of the worst in Nigeria's history. He was so incompetent it is still mind boggling to me.
Yes it will be mind boggling to you because you have brainwashed to think like a Zombie. It will take God himself to help you because even when its been put before your very eyes, you will still not see it. My only prayer is that there will still be some vestiges of human life in the south by the end of buharis reing of terror!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by BeardedMeat(m): 5:46am On May 12, 2016
41lady:
Hahahaahahaheheheehehhihihhihihihohohohhohhoh......... cheesy cheesy grin You guys said U need Chain and U are chained now, why complaining. Same with my hausa brothers here in School, there is no blessed day they don't abuse JONA then, especially when we are going to school in school bus, train, or at train station. Now that Buhari government gave banks freelance to charge any rate on master card (debit card), they are the ones now complaining about chanji, I told them, is what you ask that GOD gives, you people ask for heartless leader and he gave you. The reason I said heartless is not far fetch, imagine a leader saying; anybody that can't afford should leave or forget about it, when the government are the one who send almost all the northerners schooling abroad on scholarship and are still study, some half way, some are just waiting for thesis defense while some final exams. For some of us, who are self sponsor, we are in a deep blue sea because most of us budgeted based on NGN160/USD1 exchange rate and banks now charge us NGN370 to NGN400/USD1, I am not exaggerating, ask any other person that operate with Firstbank, GT and do withdraw abroad. But because GOD is Merciful, man must survive, HE makes a way where itseems to be no way, we are going to finish, even if buhari likes or not. In Niger delta Avengers voice "buhari is not GOD to stop our destiny"

The APC supporters here have become Almajiri, they came with their wives and children because JONA government do pay them huge amount to study abroad, some married additional wife, but unfortunate, the hardship inflicted by PMB government makes them to start sending their wives & children back to Naija. Prior, when the arab country do give them allowance but no more because they discovered Nigerians do use the money to marry additional wife when they that give them the money only have one wife, they don't care about them again and stop giving then, they only thing they help them is free food in the mosque during ramadah. The people are like my igbo brothers now, they are after who pay them money (Tuition fee) whether you are buddhist, hindu, Christian or free thinker, they don't care about religion like the way my hausa brothers are using religion to tarnish the image of their fellow Nigerians here.

However, the problem is no matter how, APC supporters will not change because they believe, it is haram for any section to rule the country Nigeria, so I think division of Nigeria is better for the populace and masses.
Thanks dear for taking out time to say it as it is. God bless you!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:55am On May 12, 2016
ststyreal:

please people like me don't want to hear anything about APC which u represent. Seeing your handle alone irritate me. No body is interested in your long epistle cos it's only when its done by APC you people will preach sacrifice but when its Jonathan, your APC nonsense of a party will unleash fire. Go and enjoy your fuel subsidy removal and I hope u have visited the market of recent to see the increase in goods. Honestly, u irritate me with this your APC defense. I don't know you and trust me, will never have anything to do with u in this forum as regards to either quoting you or liking your comments as this will be my first and last time to ever have anything to do with your post. You disgust me with this your eye service defense of your so called party.
Who gives a shiit about you?? Why even bother quoting me for the "first time"?? Didn't even know you exist- thanks for bringing yourself to my knowledge.

Mtscheew.

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by seunH: 5:59am On May 12, 2016
During the January 2012 subsidy removal crises (GEJ's regime), I was totally against the removal of subsidy and now during PMB's regime when subsidy has just been removed, I'm supporting it. Does it show double standard or fanaticism? The Answer is capital NO, for the following reasons;
1) During GEJ's regime, the subsidy removal was abrupt, when town hall consultations were still going on, to the extent that travellers were even stranded. Nigerians where caught unaware, which raised suspicion.
2) GEJ never portrayed himself as a sincere incorruptible president, rather he portrayed himself as a corrupt weakling capable of been manipulated hence his policies were usually viewed with suspicion.
3) Massive corruption was going on a large scale during GEJ's regime, with scores of people around him e.g ministers etc lliving lavishly hence GEJ lost the moral justification to stand in front of Nigerian and tell them to tighten their belts
4) During GEJ's regime, Nigeria was earning massively from crude oil sales and could maintain the subsidy hence when the subsidy was removed people became suspicious, leading to people feeling that its an opportunity for GEJ to divert subsidy funds (Remember Kerosene subsidy). Compare to PMB's regime whereby crude oil price has fallen and subsidy removal is no more a luxury but a necessity.
5) During GEJ's regime, subsidy removal was on the insistence of IMF, and we all know IMF never means well for African countries. Compared to now (PMB's regime) whereby susbsidy removal is based on reality on ground
In conclusion, I will like to state that I will continue to support PMB's policies wholeheartedly provided he continues to remain sincere.
A SINCERE DULLARD IS FAR BETTER THAN A CORRUPT GENIUS....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Reference(m): 6:01am On May 12, 2016
deji68:
Fuel Subsidy cost Nigeria $35bn between 2011 and 2014. Imagine all that in our ECA and Reserves.....Amara Nwankpa

Can you imagine.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Aegon(m): 6:03am On May 12, 2016
Lionsclaw:
I know lots of persons who were raking in 2012 about GEJs wickedness. I still see them today and they look so dumb in the face of current developments.
It amazes me to see that every of their action is based on what Tinubu says and does, they have no kind of their own. Talk of the real definition of zombie
WOLE SOYINKA
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Reference(m): 6:09am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
First off, I'm a party supporter and not a Rep. Be clear on that.

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

This stuff would pan out beautifully, I believe so.

Humble pie. Now we know how it is baked....after throwing away 35 billion dollars. They want to sell the refineries after making so much noise about repairing them. Slow, daft people, excuses, excuses, excuses.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by obyrich(m): 6:10am On May 12, 2016
This blood you are sharing. Continu. There is God oo. cheesy
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Nobody: 6:16am On May 12, 2016
otitokoroleti:
when will NgeneUkwenu, Omenka, & Obailala apologize? Mr. meshinoye, when will you too apologize for that your wrong joke about the fuel price? Im sure that youve seen the reality now, its unfortunate that some people that have experience of living in advanced country still fall for cheap scam from APC & allow sentiments overrule their conscience.

I APPOLOGISE for supporting PMB,I was misled !

1 Like

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Deadlytruth(m): 6:17am On May 12, 2016
nwakibie3:
My question still remains that "for the population of over 160million people full of intellects, best brains and professionals, buhari is the capable hand Nigerians see that will preside over them?

The answer to your question lies in the fact that Nigerians also found the likes of Shagari, OBJ, Yaradua as the capable hands to rule them despite the abundance of intellects among us.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Reference(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2016
masseratti:
With all due respect sir,Gej had enough foreign reserve to back oil subsidy,PMB does not,the price of oil has changed,while am not holding fort for PMB ,they should not regulate the price of pms,no bench mark,let the licence for oil import be open for everyone,anyone,let everybody go to the back market to source for FX.

Trying to have your cake and eat it. Is your postulation not the reason why the Naira and the economy has gone south. Do you save when you have abundance or when things are scarce and tight? For your information poverty is not a lack of resources but a misuse of opportunity. We had a chance to save priceless forex but we blew it. If subsidies had been removed then even the high level corruption surrounding the past government will have been mitigated due to paucity of fluid funds to steal and pressure by an angered populace for better governance.
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by jaybee(f): 6:32am On May 12, 2016
kinibigdeal:

SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it.[/b]

SURE -P was NEVER a PDP thing because i was part of it. Your Questions is already an answer to itself

yam eater spotted!
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by jaybee(f): 6:34am On May 12, 2016
emekamigo:

I APPOLOGISE for supporting PMB,I was misled !

You have never supported PMB
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Goddex: 6:35am On May 12, 2016
UmuEri:
When Buhari finishes with this country, you will beg Gej to come take over
Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by freeze001(f): 6:36am On May 12, 2016
You amaze me with the level of trust and confidence you repose in the person of Buhari, not in institutional infrastructure and systems designed to check corruption and theft but just in the person. You practically grovel in obeisance like he's some infallible god.

You're confident he has good intentions for whom? What do those intentions amount to without a strong institutions to translate the so called good intentions to tangible beneficial projects for the people? Will he personally administer discharge and utilise funds? Who gives a flying hoot about his much touted 'body language'? What is in place to ensure transparency and competence in delivery of service to the people other than ur belief in the saintly and godlike persona which you have cast him in? Do u honestly believe he's in complete control of his government?

I like the way u say 'I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through...' like you aren't one of them or you aren't affected. That is the same outlook and mentality of the elite who govern because they are insulated from the real biting and painful circumstances which the masses feel so empathy is gone with the winds...

omenka:
First off, I'm a party supporter and not a Rep. Be clear on that.

Now, make no mistakes, I appreciate the hardship the citizens are going through but also know too well some bitter pills must be swallowed and sacrifices made if we desire to attain the record heights we aspire to as a country.

We all know that policy is unsustainable and some of us, in our private fora, supported the idea of its total removal even under the ex-president- the only misgivings being that the regime was fatally corrupt and any saving made thereof could easily be stolen in the blink of an eye.

How SURE-P was handled vindicated our position. It became a facade behind which the most obscene acts of corruption/theft were perpetrated- that much was confirmed by the Chairman Kolade Christopher himself who eventually threw in the towel in disgust.

We must admit there would have been a more propitious time to administer the pill but for the government to have had the balls to pull this off at a time like this suggests it's already had its back up against a reinforced wall through which it couldn't break.

What we are witnessing today are a cascading effect of the record plunge in oil prices- world oil majors have been feeling the pinch as well- most notably Venezuela. Even Saudi with her trillion dollar economy has been slashing subsidies, how much more Nigeria...

I have no doubt the president has the best interest of the country at heart and fully understands the consequences of his action. I'm confident savings made from this would be channelled into areas with real and measurable impact on the average Nigerian- it isn't gonna be another SURE-P regime. When this is done, our country men and women would eventually see the propriety of the policy and would even forget shiit even happened.

Ask yourself this- would we rather keep buying gasoline at about twice the official rate while "subsidising" it or officially deregulate while the price remain unchanged??

This stuff would pan out beautifully, I believe so.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan by Paperwhite(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2016
No you must live with the consequence of your action at least for the next 3years or except if you guys can reverse the near-revolution experience of Ojota 3years ago.Dumbest ass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Senator Dino Melaye Was Discharged Fit From Hospital" - Abubakar Sidiq Usman / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Thisday Journalist (read Their Letter) / Bola Tinubu Cut His 67th Birthday Cake With His Wife, Others - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.