Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681365 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2016
Bros I dey chop pounded yam at d moment no vex make I chop finish first..
Fortissimo:

As far as I know, both warriboy and slimmy are cool guys. Everyone has their faults / shortcomings so I am not gonna take sides. Just post your transcript and settle your issues with him privately / maturely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 29, 2016
dickoflife:
Bros I dey chop pounded yam at d moment no vex make I chop finish first..

You don start. When boys yab you, you go come vex. Lol notin do you sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:36pm On May 29, 2016
Hmmm. Anyways sha when I ready. From the look of things one has to go down to their office/bank to pay. In all sha I want to avoid paying with my card regardless the price. I dont like wakanow. they hide/do not show cheaper flights offered by Royal Air Maroc etc
Fortissimo:

Emirates converted to NGN @ 199 when I paid in April / early May on their site. Have u checked wakanow and travelstart?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 29, 2016
Mekurexx:
Hmmm. Anyways sha when I ready. From the look of things one has to go down to their office/bank to pay. In all sha I want to avoid paying with my card regardless the price. I dont like wakanow. they hide/do not show cheaper flights offered by Royal Air Maroc etc

Why are you avoiding paying with your card? In case they switch it USD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:44pm On May 29, 2016
Lol.. I like food yabis. I be confirmed Ekiti man na so I can eat it till it grows on my head like apricot.
Fortissimo:

You don start. When boys yab you, you go come vex. Lol notin do you sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
boofydon:

5033 S Blvd
Ste N, Charlotte, NC 28217.
I believe you will find more if you google 'African market near me'
Bro, are u in Charlotte or NC? I sent u a pm, can you pm me your number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2016
dickoflife:
Yes oga Justwise can I post a picture of my visa here without being banned? I sent a mail for my account to be but I have withdrawn cus me sef wan face the nairaland bullies abeg if its comes through don't deactivate and any other supermod reading this.. Thanks..

Don't.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 10:21pm On May 29, 2016
Walspring:

You uploaded your photograph But you said it's not compulsory but why did you upload it then
Lemme ask to be sure is it for school app or visa app you upload it because of your previous post.
lol, I uploaded it for visa, what I read from the app was that I can actually bring a passport photograph to the embassy since I decided to proceed without posting my photograph
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2016
dickoflife:
Yes oga justwise can I post a picture of my visa here without being banned? I sent a mail for my account to be but I have withdrawn cus me sef wan face the nairaland bullies abeg if its comes through don't deactivate and any other supermod reading this.. Thanks..

It took me a long time to decide whether to simply ignore this or respond, I can see DareFadi commenting on frankly what he knows nothing about.

I have always advocated for all for one and one for all and of course that will never change because without it Nigeria as a group in diaspora will not blossom and frankly with the increasing inequality of wealth occasioned by global capitalism, the current isolationist self-intrested economic structure will not last long.

Dickoflife got his visa after reading through and becoming quite popular on this thread, it was expected of him to share his transcript after getting his Visa, He shared his transcript with me but I called him out on not sharing it with the house, I do not think his reasons holds up to serious scrutiny. I think at this point I have to clarify my relationship with him, I count him as my closest friend on this thread, we made plans together and spoke several times daily.

I called him out today when he decided he was going to quit the thread like some kind of injustice was meted out on him, he went on and on about how I was warriboy21 's boy, I respect warriboy21 he helped pay my SEVIS fee and that of countless others on this thread, he earned his brass, you have not and thankfully he is not dead, did I at any point ask you for an airport pick up or favor save the payment of my SEVIS fee?.

In private some suggested you were not given visa , I refuted it by telling them, though I think you are a 'deliverance case' you did not lie about the visa and repeated same to you. I stand by initial position, tone down your rhetoric, post your transcript not your Visa( we have each others copy) and please don't quit this thread, the future students need you. Talk to you soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2016
My interview was on the 20th a friday. Because of the impending strike I left home for abuja via bus on wednesday morning. Got to abuja not so long after and headed for lugbe.
Since it was friday I flexed well with guys just to keep off the nerves and on thursday evening put my passport in my bible and prayed like never before ( lols na dat time we dey remember God).... Friday morning got taxi for my 9 am appointment at 7 am and arrived dier shortly. All those touts wanted to hustle me but I no gree. I had all my documents in place. I went ahead to dash out 500 naira finally for a reprint of my application page as it was not so clear. Suddenly I felt I had to use the mens room so at 8 I headed into the embassy joined the line and then excused myself to use the loo. I was granted permission but as soon as I returned I was told to go to the back. I went back and then finally came my turn for verification. The lady was polite. She wore a green sweater on top her uniform that day. I got in and joined her line again to scan passports then was told to go meet the indian lady for verification. After we went outside to join a line to come inside again. When finally it was our turn to go in I was so happy cus the waiting was killing. That was around 11:46 or so. We went in and sat again on chairs and was asked to keep shifting in a u sort of pattern ... I heard every conversation. There was a man , an fcib officer who filled female for his gender instead of mail and couldn't even asnwer the basic questions about security. An old woman with pastor mouka sorta like prayer attire who was denied but kept begging and calling the guy in window 8 'my son'. Another woman who came to the sulate with her kids for a fresh visa but her previous visa was denied because gave birth in the us and couldn't produce receipt for the birth. Her visa was revoked.
Finally it was my turn. I heard next applicant to window 7 please. I bounced like 'Jet Lie' go meet the man. I had selected my best leather brown timberland with obvious scuff marks on the toe and blue jean with a nice polo. As I got to the window and was about ting he stopped me.
V.O: pass me your passport and I-20 and also that old passport ( I carried it all in my clear yellow bag that type sold for 80 naira). I passed it along and he scanned through my passport then picked the old one and saw the various visas on it. He pulled out the paper in the middle and held it up.what is this he asked.
Me: that is my ressidence permit in Russia.
V.O: do you speak russian?
Me: da kanieshna. Ya bilo stuudente..... He cuts in
V.O: that is the correct answer.
So you are going to Grand Valley State university for a masters in Communication?
Me: that is correct
He was interrupted by the guy in window 8 who came to him again for advice and asked about sevis fee.
V.O: pass me your sevis receipt please.
I passed it to him and he showed him and then they continued talking. He got back to me and said sorry for that. Why Russia? He asked and I wanted to begin a long story when he cuts in and said because its cold right? I said yes in saratov atimes I was in winter as cold as minus 32. He smiles and said oh wow..
V.O: so what dou you know about communication?
Me: I studied it at undergraduate level and decided I wanted a better experience in the field of advertising as I have previously worked with Nigerian Distilleries and other companies with the job description solely on advertising. For example this flier in the passport given to us here is a clear case of advertising.... He cuts in again.
V.O: I will be issuing your visa pick it up at the location circled there and passes me back my documents. He picks my I-20 and says do not be late and don't get on a plane to the US if you will exceed this date.
Me: thank you. I have a question. My svhool is in Michigan and a straight flight from Nigeria costs almost double. Can I take a flight to chicago and a bus to Grand Rapids? Its just 4 hours.
V.O: oh yes that is possible as long as you have a bus ticket to show your destination. Just explain to them at the point of entry that a 4 hour bus ride will save you cost and you will be fine. What tips off people is when school resumes in 3 weeks or more and you show up in an entirely different city far from your school. It raises questions but don't worry you will be fine.
Me: thank you.
V.O: you are welcome. I pack my documents and walked away.

Thanks to all those who called me on that day and before and wished me luck. Erick, gunther6 , and others I might not remember.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OTUNBACODED: 10:36pm On May 29, 2016
pls house I used a bank syatement ending in early March to get my form I-20 but have a visa interview for June ending. the account has since depleted due to the current economic situation. can I still attend the interview with ds same old bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2016
OTUNBACODED:
pls house I used a bank syatement ending in early March to get my form I-20 but have a visa interview for June ending. the account has since depleted due to the current economic situation. can I still attend the interview with ds same old bank statement?

Old bank statements raises questions, if you are put on Administrative Processing (AP) and you are found guilty not of outright fraud but misrepresentation, jungle fit mature for you, so look for a new account or wait till the previous one bulks up. The gurus here might have a better advice though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:40pm On May 29, 2016
Emi eyan mayweather ni deliverance. Oga ade hmn... I am quite busy at the moment and I think it will be bleak to make travel plans....
gunther6:

It took me a long time to decide whether to simply ignore this or respond, I can see DareFadi commenting on frankly what he knows nothing about.

I have always advocated for all for one and one for all and of course that will never change because without it Nigeria as a group in diaspora will not blossom and frankly with the increasing inequality of wealth occasioned by global capitalism, the current isolationist self-intrested economic structure will not last long.

Dickoflife got his visa after reading through and becoming quite popular on this thread, it was expected of him to share his transcript after getting his Visa, He shared his transcript with me but I called him out on not sharing it with the house, I do not think his reasons holds up to serious scrutiny. I think at this point I have to clarify my relationship with him, I count him as my closest friend on this thread, we made plans together and spoke several times daily.

I called him out today when he decided he was going to quit the thread like some kind of injustice was meted out to him, he went on and on about how I was warriboy21 's boy, I respect warriboy21 he helped pay my SEVIS fee and that of countless others on this thread, he earned his brass, you have not and thankfully he is not dead, did I at any point ask you for an airport pick up or favor save the payment of my SEVIS fee?.

In private some suggested you were not given visa , in refuted it by telling them, though I think you are a 'deliverance case' you did not lie about the visa and repeated same to you. I stand by initial position, tone down your rhetoric, post your transcript not your Visa( we have each others copy) and please don't quit this thread, the future students need you. Talk to you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:41pm On May 29, 2016
brightify:
lol, I uploaded it for visa, what I read from the app was that I can actually bring a passport photograph to the embassy since I decided to proceed without posting my photograph

Okay..

Are you saying there is an option on the site that someone will click and won't upload then submit the ds160 form without uploading photo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 29, 2016
Gunther6 the master economist!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 10:47pm On May 29, 2016
gunther6:

Oya Aadeyi someone is taking you up on your offer oya come quick she is going to stay for a day or two grin cheesy

Don't worry.... she's married.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 10:48pm On May 29, 2016
I will book flight on Tuesday, I dont know anything about the immunization, please can you explain... I will rely on you for the information on how you get your $... what is the process through bank... Concerning the Accomodation, I contact the lakesideMSU for house rent through MSU website... see the note below

Yes, talk to the department and see if there is anything they can do the lease date starts on August 14th. You do not have to pay anything until the day you move in. If you turn in all of your application paper work and then sign your lease within 48 hours, then we will waive the upfront fees. If you aren’t able to do that, then we will tack on a $25 fee to your amount due at move in. The total the day you move in would at least be $444, that includes your first month’s rent and the utility connection fee.

Yes you can send it on Tuesday! However, the lease date starts on August 14th[i][/i]. What can I do here please ??

Fortissimo:

Bro so na you be this!!

You need to also sort out your connecting flight ooo. So look at Atlanta (ATL), Houston(IAH), Dallas(DFW), Chicago(ORD). When you have decided on your PoE, then you need to book a connecting flight from there to Columbus Mississippi (GTR). For me, Chicago to Mississippi was the most suitable.

You can check emirates, wakanow or travelstart websites for the international flight, and priceline.com (or any other site from google search) for the regional connecting flight.

What's your plan for accommodation, immunizations and money (buying / transferring $$).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2016
Leave am. Craze dey him head. Imagine as he dey dissect the issue .
Fortissimo:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OTUNBACODED: 10:53pm On May 29, 2016
gunther6:

Old bank statements raises questions, if you are put on Administrative Processing (AP) and you are found guilty not of outright fraud but misrepresentation, jungle fit mature for you, so look for a new account or wait till the previous one bulks up. The gurus here might have a better advice though.

thanks for the quick response bro.. the thing is Its stated on my form I-20 that my brother and myself will pay but i needed to engage in some financial obligation that depleted my account and I don't want to do any form of lodgement as I would av asked my brother to make a transfer to me but my brothers account is still well funded. I could get is recent statement but mine is d problem. or what would u advice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 29, 2016
jatsay001:

Thanks, that is my post on Gradcafe... "Emi na ti gba Visa" Baba God Has picked my call and Baba God will pick the Call of people still waiting for Visa Interview IJN

Amen.
Wish you all the best.
I'm also going for chemistry MS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 29, 2016
jatsay001:
I will book flight on Tuesday, I dont know anything about the immunization, please can you explain... I will rely on you for the information on how you get your $... what is the process through bank... Concerning the Accomodation, I contact the lakesideMSU for house rent through MSU website... see the note below

Yes, talk to the department and see if there is anything they can do. You do not have to pay anything until the day you move in. If you turn in all of your application paper work and then sign your lease within 48 hours, then we will waive the upfront fees. If you aren’t able to do that, then we will tack on a $25 fee to your amount due at move in. The total the day you move in would at least be $444, that includes your first month’s rent and the utility connection fee.

I am still struggling to get $$. Please forget that Lakeside, they are too far from campus.

See suggestions from the African Student President below

21 apartments: 4 bedrooms each with individual bathrooms: http://www.21apts.com/
The Campus trails: 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms (you share a bath with another roommate) https://www.americancampus.com/student-apartments/ms/starkville/campus-trails
The Pointe: They have several pricing options you can check their website here http://www.pointe-msu.com/
Chadwick: In my opinion, they are the second to the cheapest on this list and are better because it's a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. you get to share your living space with just one other person and not 4. https://www.facebook.com/chadwickplaceapt/?rf=157952977569614 (rent is 325 a month per person and when you include all utilities (internet/water/electricity it goes to ~ 400)
College Station: 4 bedroom 2 bath. They also have other housing options. They are the cheapest on this list. http://www.apartments.com/college-station-polos-starkville-ms/det6w8j/
The Polos : 2 bedroom 1.5 bath. https://offcampushousing.msstate.edu/property/view/listingid/125053

Will send the immunization thing to your email now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 11:14pm On May 29, 2016
Mekurexx:
Hey, Some VOs do not check all these plenty documents. They know an applicant can walk up to those embassy touts and they produce a fake bank statement in minutes that looks original. my advice is do the convincing with your words and dont put so much emphasis on documents,letter etc. You can explain it in the simplest terms. If your documents are genuine you shouldn't have any problem convincing the VO. Any documents showing assets etc, well I dont know. If you read most transcripts, you see they ask for 1 document or none at all. Your priority should be to defend what you have in the papers.

Ok. I get what you're saying. Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2016
jatsay001:

Thanks my Bro. Please, Help me check emirate flight to Atlanta or Texas... I can only see 265K for departure on 1st, 2nd & 3rd, August 2016. Also I am going to Mississippi State, can you suggest another neighboring state to Mississippi that I can land (With Cheap Flight).....

Bros the lowest flight is to Dallas Fort-Wort Airport at 255,069/for 1st August... Emirates does not do ATL you will be routed to Orlando MCO international airport... Houston is expensive on all carriers. Happy booking bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:18pm On May 29, 2016
OTUNBACODED:

thanks for the quick response bro.. the thing is Its stated on my form I-20 that my brother and myself will pay but i needed to engage in some financial obligation that depleted my account and I don't want to do any form of lodgement as I would av asked my brother to make a transfer to me but my brothers account is still well funded. I could get is recent statement but mine is d problem. or what would u advice?

Use your brothers own biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 11:18pm On May 29, 2016
@ dickoflife .. With this transcript I just confirmed you got your visa.. Your old transcript looks somehow.. Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:20pm On May 29, 2016
Fortissimo:

Fortissimo the grand alchemist, the only known maker if the philosopher's stone wink tongue

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2016
aadeyi:

Don't worry.... she's married.

Eeya, and I was looking forward to the travel section's first marriage o cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 29, 2016
A lot of drama happening on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2016
Lols. Ok chief master sergeant sir...
don4ye:
@ dickoflife .. With this transcript I just confirmed you got your visa.. Your old transcript looks somehow.. Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks for your transcript, dickoflife and this nugget:

V.O: oh yes that is possible as long as you have a bus ticket to show your destination. Just explain to them at the point of entry that a 4 hour bus ride will save you cost and you will be fine. What tips off people is when school resumes in 3 weeks or more and you show up in an entirely different city far from your school. It raises questions but don't worry you will be fine.

If I had seen this earlier I would have probably booked a flight to one of the southern states...but as the VO said, with explanations, I will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by paulbets: 11:52pm On May 29, 2016
dicapino:
Visa approved. Yankee I am coming grin....Transcript in a bit.

Yaay!!!!!! Dicapino Aye!!! Congratx brother, Many Many More blessings and greater thibthings coming your way. Success all the way

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:53pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks ma.
Fortissimo:
Thanks for your transcript, dickoflife and this nugget:

If I had seen this earlier I would have probably booked a flight to one of the southern states...but as the VO said, with explanations, I will be fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.