Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs (37175 Views)

Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments / Throwback Photo Of Obasanjo & Buhari In 1978 & Now / Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by laprince(m): 11:01pm On May 14, 2016
shala01:
If he is not good when foreign affairs is concerned, while all the traveling?
Thats a major issue. Buhari doesn't trust anybody to represent him outside the boarders of Nigeria.

meanwhile, his Vice is more eloquent and better polished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by TijaniAbu: 11:52pm On May 14, 2016
Buhari is a square peg in a round hole, he should have applied for job of chairman efcc and left presidency to those more competent. Fake pastor Yemi Osinbajo would be better engaged as accounting clerk to idiotic Diploma Kemi to be charting promises broken and yet to be broken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by millhouse: 1:01am On May 15, 2016
hia
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:29am On May 15, 2016
OBJ has started again.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Amitex(m): 1:31am On May 15, 2016
In order words, Obasanjo is saying that Buhari is an Economic Oaf!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by dandon2: 2:14am On May 15, 2016
Nigerians must not cry but prepare to vote buhari out come 2019.
If he is not good in economy and foreign affairs which means Nigeria is in for big trouble.
It also appears like the finance minister dosen't understand in a bigger table.
Vote them out sooner the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by ideylaff: 2:38am On May 15, 2016
LadyExcellency:
He is not also good in managing talents.

Prof. Osinbajo should be given open hand to consult wide as a leader of the Economic team for an assuring results.

Buhari should give way for people in his cabinet that have experience in democratic governance and diplomacy.

Everything no be by force.

Prof is a lawyer. He has never run a set up like this before , let's stop getting emotional he knows jack about the economy as well

Also our Finance minister is an accountant hence all we hear from her is TSA and Ghost workers. Dam that won't drive the economy

EmefIOLE is just a glorified Community bank manager running the CBN who has ended up been Aliko Dangotes puppet openly with no shame.

We are in for an economic ride in a rudderless ship in my opinion angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by 9japrof(m): 4:22am On May 15, 2016
989900:
Obasanjo is "hot in economics", but could not see the fundamental relevance of self-sustenance in locally refined petroleum products to an oil producing mono-economy population of over 160 million (at the time).

He issued over 20 new refinery licences with virtually none actually starting zilch.

We are paying for your failures old man, and Buhari is going to be the 'fall guy' if he does not get "hot in economics" ASAP.

"Hot in economics" ugh .

These guys must always trade blames, I ain't surprised cos that's the modus operandi of the APC.

Okay it ain't Jonathan to be blamed, it has extended to OBJ because he made an indirect criticism of the president. Nigeria is in a quagmire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by fornnygee(m): 4:23am On May 15, 2016
Going by OBJ's comment, I see a man that is gradually withdrawing his support for Buhari. Is even an insult to Nigerians that OBJ is coming back now to quote his book and remembering he quoted it somewhere in his so called book that Buhari is only capable in Military matters. OBJ should respect and stop making caricature himself as an a elder stateman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by 989900: 4:38am On May 15, 2016
9japrof:

These guys must always trade blames, I ain't surprised cos that's the modus operandi of the APC.

Okay it ain't Jonathan to be blamed, it has extended to OBJ because he made an indirect criticism of the president. Nigeria is in a quagmire

Try as you may, you can't wish away your history (successes and failures), and they both have consequences -- the consequneces of such failures in the part I highlighted is what we are paying for at the moment.
#whatwedoechoesineternity

Probably you are new here, I AM NOT affiliated to any party or individual, I call it as I see it . . . simply my opinions buttered with damn straight facts.

I have criticized the President for his failures and praised him for his successes, if you feel comfortable with the same people who largely got us here in the first place throwing 'shades' at the 'clean up guy', I don't, and I won't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Nobody: 7:26am On May 15, 2016
989900:
Obasanjo is "hot in economics", but could not see the fundamental relevance of self-sustenance in locally refined petroleum products to an oil producing mono-economy population of over 160 million (at the time).

He issued over 20 new refinery licences with virtually none actually starting zilch.

We are paying for your failures old man, and Buhari is going to be the 'fall guy' if he does not get "hot in economics" ASAP.

"Hot in economics" ugh .
our leaders have all failed us...All of them...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by odikimi: 7:33am On May 15, 2016
lobatan
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by donstevoz(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2016
For those of you berating OBJ for supporting PMB, I'm not sure you read the write-up very well. He did that because of the reality of Nigeria becoming a failed state that we were faced with at that time because of the threat of Boko Haram. He's actually been proven right by the succeses made in the fight against BH. I'm sure his reason for that was that no nation can talk of prosperity amd economic gains when terrorism is reigning supreme in it. OBJ knew GEJ couldn't help the BH issue and decided to support PMB whom he knew could do it. Concerning PMB's shortcomings in economic issues, he sought to balance that by trying to make NOI PMB's running mate, but she refused, apparently because of her loyalty to GEJ. But Baba should calm down, PMB has capable enough hands to assist him in running the economy, afterall he didn't run the economy all by himself then. He had people like NOI, ezekwesili, Soludo, El-rufai and so on. It is equally important to know that PMB is doing better than him in terms of anticorruption. PMB has a better image of integrity than him too. One thing that you can't take away from Baba is his love for Nigeria. He's a very patriotic Nigerian and always looks beyond political lines when making decisions on national issues. But his arrogance and holier-than-thou disposition gets the better of him when making assessments of his predecessors and successors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Deen77: 8:04am On May 15, 2016
Obasanjo! you are a course to Nigeria, you destroy PDP and Nigeria. Every problem we pass trough today is your fault, from Yar adua to Jonathan.

If for 8 year's you have build a refinery instead of wasting our forex on importation, today Nigeria will not be passing through this problem.

You that is using helicopter to Ota farm when the express road to sango spoiled do you repair the road. That road is still the worst among the federal road in Lagos with the worst bridge you construct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 15, 2016
AreaFada2:
With these Buhari's policies of the 1980s, no way economy would boom.

Despite all OBJ's weaknesses, he was ready to bring back seasoned technocrats from diaspora. And he made some local and diaspora technocrats become successful and prominent: Ngozi, Leslie, Dora, Oby, Ribadu and many more.
I know but should the economy had bounced back would he say this? what would a father say to his son when he's successful even though he didn't contribute to the well being of the child
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by CSTR6: 1:12pm On May 15, 2016
Dollyak:

You should be ashame of yourself. You guys supported Jonathan blindly because of your selfish interest and now you want everyone to continue your destructive acts by supporting buhari blindly even if he has a weakness. You need to revise your reasoning. Loyalty shouldn't block common sense.
I am just seeing your post. Ofcourse, loyalty shouldn't block common sense.
But if you think OBJ is saying this because he loves Nigeria, then you must be very naive. OBJ knew he wasn't ''hot'' on economics and foreign affairs,yet he conveniently ignored those big issues when he numerously endorsed the buhari administration.If a president does not have a good command of economics and foreign affairs, what else does he have that would make OBJ call him the so-called messiah in his earlier press statements?
I have a feeling that buhari is about to revisit the halliburton scandal and OBJ is trying to play a fast one.
Btw, who is ''your guys''? You wanna clarify that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by asids55: 1:33pm On May 15, 2016
onatisi:

Buhari is the easiest person to predict in this world. Those who were shouting sai Baba and change change then didn't know anything about his past or antecedents. The APc propaganda machine took advantage of this and used the social media to manipulate the brains of the youth and gullible in voting for a man with no record of intelligence competence .

bro..I really don't get you..do you think Jonathan would have done any better give the current price of crudewhen crude was over 100$ did you see any significant thing Jonathan did? ?please answer this questions with all honesty
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 15, 2016
Copied ....
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42 gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (combined)

capacity = 445,000 barrels per day
3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing
equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBUND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil per barrel (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; -
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69

cool True cost of one BARREL of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria:

- Total sum cost/barrel = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02

9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about
N95/N85 litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters for their response; We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.

Analysis by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 15, 2016
jamace:
Obj should realise that some of us know his history well well o.
See the history of fuel price increases in Nigeria and you will know that Obj has tortured Nigerians with fuel price increase than any other leader.

HISTORY OF FUEL PRICE INCREASES IN NIGERIA
Gowon-1973: 6k to 8.45k
Murtala-1976: 8.45k to 9k
Obj-Oct 1,1978: 9k to 15.3k
Shagari-Apr 20,1982: 15.3k to 20k
Babangida-Mar 31, 86: 20k to 39.5k
Babangida-Apr 10, 1988: 39.5k to 42k
Babangida-Jan 1, 1989: 42k to 60k(Private Vehicles)
Babangida- Mar 6, 1991: 60k to70k
Shonekan(82 days in power)-Nov 8, 1993: 70k to #5
Abacha- Nov 22, 1993: #5 to #3.25k(price dropped)
Abacha-Oct 2, 1994: #3.25k to #15
Abacha-Oct 4, 1994: #15 to #11(price dropped)
Abubakar-Dec 20, 1998: #11 to#25
Abubakar-Jan 6,1999: #25 to20(price dropped)
Obj-June 1, 2000: #20 to #30
obj-June 8, 2000: #30 to #22(price drops)
Obj-Jan 1, 2002: #22 to #26
Obj-june, 2003: #26 to #42
Obj-May 29, 2004: #42 to 50
Obj-Aug 25, 2004: #50 to #65
Obj-May 27, 2007: #65 to #75
Yar' Adua-June, 2007: back to #65(price drops)
GEJ(New year present)-Jan 1,2012: #141 GEJ(Labour strike forced him)-Jan 17, 2012: #97

So, my people, listen to Obj with CAUTION!
Hmmmm

Is OBJ saint or sinner?

History speaks volume about his intents concerning the economic welfare and good of the masses With reference to fuel pump price increment.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by citizenisb: 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
OBJ should give constructive and not destructive criticism
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by BeardedMeat(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2016
citizenisb:
Obasanjo is such a back stabber.

I believe in Buhari and corrupt Obasanjo can go to blazes for all we care, we just need to be patient as Nigerians.
You buharist are ever ungrateful!! You dare curse the hand that fed you because he spoke a truth even kiwi my dog knows??
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs by ideylaff: 2:44pm On May 15, 2016
ideylaff:

Prof is a lawyer. He has never run a set up like this before , let's stop getting emotional he knows jack about the economy as well

Also our Finance minister is an accountant hence all we hear from her is TSA and Ghost workers. Dam that won't drive the economy

EmefIOLE is just a glorified Community bank manager running the CBN who has ended up been Aliko Dangotes puppet openly with no shame.

We are in for an economic ride in a rudderless ship in my opinion angry

I repeat the entire leadership team is busy with trial and error. They need more than prayers, talking, round table and seminars

God help us all

They need to be more open . I'm not comfortable with an economic team full off state Governors who cannot even manage their states to generate IGR

The economic team is not feeling the pulse of every sector of the country. Corporates, SME, markets and all the ecosystem, they need to work in UNISON

God help Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Burial Of Ibisaki Daperi Amachree Shot Dead By Soldier During Election In Rivers / Hauwa Atiku-Uwais: Atiku Donated Land, Office To Me – Daughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.